Victoria 4.2 & Morphs ++ Show as not Installed in Studio Via DIM Installation

Help!  All of a sudden the complete Victoria 4.2 & Morphs ++ downloaded and installed via DIM will not run, show as being uninstalled in DAZ Studio 4.10, are greyed out and have a triangle with an ! in both Smart Content as well as the Content Library...   I cannot even access the installer(s) inside Studio as they are greyed out.  I have never manually installed content as it has always been installed via DIM so I do not know where to begin...  Especially since these files are so critical to be able to use any of my V4 content, which i have a lot of...

Please note the DAz Content folder is on its own drive (G), however it is not an external drive.   Also I have run the uninstall program via the Installed Tab for all 3 installers for both V4.2 as well as V4.2 ++ within DIM.  I then took the extra steps of deleting all of those installer Packages in the To Be Installed Tab.  I have rerun both the download(s) and installation(s) multiple times yet with the same results even though DIM shows the installations were completed!!  What's additionally starnge is all of the other Characters within this series have installed and run just fine!  Only V4.2 has this problem.  Therefore could there be something new within this 4.10.0.123 in the 64 bit version of Studio that would cause this as this problem has not occurred with prior versions starting with 4.8 and why all of a sudden would it be happening??  I have been using 4.10... ever since it came online as the full version...  I do not install Beta versions of any of my software especially when it involves such complexities as in Studio.

Therefore I am reaching out to you the experts on how to proceed as I am totally stumped realizing that since the installers have both Studio and Poser files within their respective installation progams.  I have looked all over the Forums but have found nothing pertaining to this particular issue.

Thanks in advance for anyway you can assist me in resolving this most perplexing problem.

Comments

• If you try installing soemthign else via DIM, such as the weekly freebie, does that work? It does sound as if either the directories don't match or there is a failure to communicate with the Content Management System.

Victoria 4 base, and the ExP expansions, cannot be isntalled via Connect at this time.

• borgtrekkerborgtrekker Posts: 112

If you try installing soemthign else via DIM, such as the weekly freebie, does that work? It does sound as if either the directories don't match or there is a failure to communicate with the Content Management System.

Victoria 4 base, and the ExP expansions, cannot be isntalled via Connect at this time.

Hi Richard, everything else installs just fine via DIM...  Have attempted another go at it with these 6 installers - DIM shows they downloaded and installed just fine but Studio shows them as Greyed Out Icons with the same Triangle and ! symbol...  I can Right Click on those icons but there is no option to install them.  Only options showing are to update MeteData, which i did, Export MetaData, some additional options and viewing the file(s) location(s), which when clicked on does nothing...  Therefore I have downloaded all 6 files manually from My Product Library @ DAZ but do not know how to proceed as there are both DS & Poser software showing in the unzipped files and the Readme's are so old now that i am unable to make sense of the info as it is very sketchy...  How did you all do these installations prior to DIM?

Thanks for your prompt reply and hopefully we can get this resolved soon...

• The core files are the Poser package, the DS package is either animations or materials (I can't recall). Don't forget, if you install manually, to run the /Runtime/Libraries/!Daz/DzCraeteExPFiles-v4 script for your OS after isntalling the base and morphs.

The core files are the Poser package, the DS package is either animations or materials (I can't recall). Don't forget, if you install manually, to run the /Runtime/Libraries/!Daz/DzCraeteExPFiles-v4 script for your OS after isntalling the base and morphs.

Thanks Richard, this helps a lot...  However I am confused as shouldn't there be a Base V4 Figure that these installs are based on or were things different back when 4.2 was created?  When you say the Poser pkg. are you referring to Poser Software or the Poser files within DAZ Studio?  Sorry for ythe confusion...

I have never used the V3 Charcter so do I need her also as isn't V4.2 based off of her?  If so please let me know if I am missing anything else as it has been as you said such a long time...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,933

V4.2 is a base figure, she's not a character for another figure.

She's in Poser format, so you need to install the poser files for her, not just the DS files. 

• Victoria 4 is the base, there isn't a Genesis-equivalent base figure for which it is an add-on (essentially Victoria 4 and Michael 4 played that role, with other Name 4 being add-ons for oen or the other - except for Kids 4 which was also a base). Victoria 4.2 is the final update of Victoria 4.

Yes, I meant that the basic files are in Poser format and therefore appear under Poser Formats in DS if you use the actual file-system view in Content Library.

Victoria 3, Michael 3, and all the other Name 3 figures are self-contained, you don't need one to use the others, and there is no dependency on them in the fourth generation figures.

Victoria 4 is the base, there isn't a Genesis-equivalent base figure for which it is an add-on (essentially Victoria 4 and Michael 4 played that role, with other Name 4 being add-ons for oen or the other - except for Kids 4 which was also a base). Victoria 4.2 is the final update of Victoria 4.

Yes, I meant that the basic files are in Poser format and therefore appear under Poser Formats in DS if you use the actual file-system view in Content Library.

Victoria 3, Michael 3, and all the other Name 3 figures are self-contained, you don't need one to use the others, and there is no dependency on them in the fourth generation figures.

Thanks again for your help Richard, still can't believe DIM cannot process these downloads and installs correctly as it does for all other Content purchased...  Wonder if I should submit a BUG report on this issue in case others are experiencing the same problem??

• DIM should handle these correctly - Connect won't. I don't know why you are having issues when other things are working.

edited March 2019

The core files are the Poser package, the DS package is either animations or materials (I can't recall). Don't forget, if you install manually, to run the /Runtime/Libraries/!Daz/DzCraeteExPFiles-v4 script for your OS after isntalling the base and morphs.

Ok Richard, so the files in question have been manually installed now how do I run the script?  Is it run from the folder itself - as I see them at the location shown above - or are they run inside Studio?  However I do not know where to find these scripts within Studio as I have not manually run Scripts in the past nor do I see a listing for any Studio Scripts within the program...  So please guide me through the process...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Run from the folder itself, not inside Ds (which won't see it).

Run from the folder itself, not inside Ds (which won't see it).

Done, many thanks Richard for educating me on this.

Have a Great Evening!!!

Hi, I'm back needing more HELP with this as even after all 6 files mentioned earlier were manually installed and having run the Script the content is still showing up the same Greyed out icons and Traingle with ! in the center!!!  Moreover when i click on the icons in Studio shows the content as not having been installed even though it is cearly there when I go to my My Library's actual content folders - This problem shows within Studio not only in the Install Tab, Smart Contetn Tab, and the My Library Tab...  Therefore where do we go from here to get this resolved or should i put in a HelpDesk Request at this point to see if DAZ themselves can resolve it?

Thanks.

• So you can see the figure in Poser Formats>Folder Installed to>Figures>Daz People in the Content Library pane?

So you can see the figure in Poser Formats>Folder Installed to>Figures>Daz People in the Content Library pane?

Hi Richard, sorry to have taken so long to get back to you with my findings - been ill with Bronchitus and am just now getting back on my feet...  In this location there is only a Script File named V4.2 along with 2 other files - Victoria Head and V4.2 to V3 Script file.  In addition there is another V4 Sub Folder with a V4 Hair Sub Folder below it.  Moreover when I look in the Smart Content Tab the V4 Chacter now does exist however her Studio Companion Files, Morphs++, its CF Files, + multiple other V4 CF Files remains as Installers with that Triangle + ! within the box.  When clicked on the info shows them as not having been installed - yet there is no option to install them - only to explore, update Metadata and so on...  The same goes for all of them that fit into this condition.

Therefore what do you believe is causing this as i have no clue and especially without Her Morphs ++ not working all content associated with this are unable to be used!!!!

Thanks for your help so far.  Lokking forward to yours & anyone elses response(s) to hopefully resolve this once and for all...

• Are you sure you installed the Poser files, not just the DS files? Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Victoria 4 cannot be nstalled through Connect (from the Smart Content pane) because of the way all the ExP morph expansions have to be in the same location (with connect each product gets its own sub-folder).

Are you sure you installed the Poser files, not just the DS files? Please post a screen shot of what you are seeing.

Victoria 4 cannot be nstalled through Connect (from the Smart Content pane) because of the way all the ExP morph expansions have to be in the same location (with connect each product gets its own sub-folder).

Richard, it is even worse than i originally thought as I have 9 screenshots of content all installed via DIM that are showing in Studio with the same error icons...  All appear to be based on the series 4 charcters, morphs, and CF Files.  Here are some examples,

imageimageimage

I also attached them to this so you can view them larger...  As you can see they all have the same icon and when right clicked on most of the choices do not work including Explore and Browse to folder location...  Other choices have to do with Metadata and when Show Product in Content Library it goes there but there is no content shown... 

So you asked this question earlier in this thread,

"So you can see the figure in Poser Formats>Folder Installed to>Figures>Daz People in the Content Library pane?"

Here is a screenshot of those files,

How can this be when DIM shows all of these installed? 

Since there are so many of them am I needing to start all over again and start from scratch or should I un-install Studio completely and then reimport all my content??? 

What would you do at this point?

Thanks again for looking at this.

E1.jpg
    1582 x 950 - 280K
    E9.jpg
    1087 x 652 - 121K
    E7.jpg
    1512 x 908 - 242K
    DS Poser Content Image.jpg
    1227 x 1100 - 309K
  • Is G:/My G10G2 Daz Library set as a Poser Formats content directory? If so it should appear under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane; if not right-click on Poser Formats and from the menu select Add Runtiem Directory, then select the G:/My G10G2 Daz Library folder.

edited March 2019

Is G:/My G10G2 Daz Library set as a Poser Formats content directory? If so it should appear under Poser Formats in the Content Library pane; if not right-click on Poser Formats and from the menu select Add Runtiem Directory, then select the G:/My G10G2 Daz Library folder.

Yes it certainly is...  So tell me did any of the attachments give you any insight as to what might be causing all this?

Post edited by borgtrekker on
  • Please add a screen shot of the Content Library pane showing Poser Formats>My G1-G2 Daz Library>Figures>Daz People, or as close as you can get.

Please add a screen shot of the Content Library pane showing Poser Formats>My G1-G2 Daz Library>Figures>Daz People, or as close as you can get.

Here it is and it matches the Windows Explorer screen shot sent previously containing mostly Scripts...

Poser Formats_My G1-G2 Daz Library_Figures_Daz People.jpg
    939 x 1113 - 156K
  • I'm confused - in your first post you said "are greyed out and have a triangle with an ! in both Smart Content as well as the Content Library.", but those look to be correctly isntalled at least as far as appearing in the pane is concerned. What happens if you double-click to load?

I'm confused - in your first post you said "are greyed out and have a triangle with an ! in both Smart Content as well as the Content Library.", but those look to be correctly isntalled at least as far as appearing in the pane is concerned. What happens if you double-click to load?

Yes me too as when I run those scripts - have run most of them as a trial - dialog boxes come up for each referring to error(s) found for missing items such as ++ for 4.2, which refers us back to the previous attachnments that I sent you last night showing all those content items with the [Triangle & ! inside it] with some of them being greyed out, and not showing as installed...   When clicked on they just open to another dialog box that is completely empty and there are at least 100 of these content boxes showing this way!  Again all were installed via DIM with the exception of the attempted manual install of the 6 files that I began this thread with.  Therefore all I can assume is there is a communication problem between my current installation and DIM for older items... 

I have checked my DIM settings and everything matches my DS settings so everything should communicate correctly shouldn't it?  After all this appears to be only happening with older content as any new content installs and runs just fine...  Therefore if I were to do a clean install of DS after completely uninstalling it what is the correct proceedure to do this and sequence?  I have not had to do one of these since upgrading from 4.8 to 4.9 where i had to completely uninstall it prior to that upgrade...  Now that we are way beyond that in version 4.10 need to be sure i am doing it correctly unless you feel this will not rtesolve the problem??

Thanks.

• Please post a screen shot of these error boxes.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

I see a "DAZ Michael 4" and a "DAZ Victoria 4" besides the "DAZ People", do you have multiple installs of the 4th Generations?

jestmart said:

I see a "DAZ Michael 4" and a "DAZ Victoria 4" besides the "DAZ People", do you have multiple installs of the 4th Generations?

Hi, thanks for asking.  The only installs that have been done were through DIM and who knows where it chose to install them within Studio...  Is there anyway of telling when these were installed.  Also neither of you has addressed the main issue shown in the multiple screen prints included showing over 100 of those older content items with the [Triangle & ! inside it] with some of them being greyed out, and not showing as installed...  Why is this issue being avoided as that is the main problem I am experiencing.

Please look into further and give me some clear guidance as I do not know what to do and would really like to get this resolved...

Thanks.

We need more info.  A screenshot of Studio's Content Management Directory with DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats expanded and a screenshot of DIM's Installation tab.

jestmart said:

We need more info.  A screenshot of Studio's Content Management Directory with DAZ Studio Formats and Poser Formats expanded and a screenshot of DIM's Installation tab.

As requested - see attached.  As you can see DIM is only used to install DS Content and the reason for 2 separate directories - Drive G: G1-G2 is older Studio Content for Genesis 1&2 content and Drive P: is everything else.  This was necessary due to drive space limitations as drive G is 1 TB in size internal SSD drive and Drive P is an external 2 TB USB 3 drive...  Also when downloding and installing content in DIM I use the drop down box that shows where each item is installed and in the case of multiple installs I 1st select the correct items to the correct drives as indicated by their respective install paths.

As for your earlier inquiry about the "DAZ Michael 4" and a "DAZ Victoria 4" content those refer not to charcters but other content like clothing and hair...

Hope this additional info is helpful in getting this resolved and thanks for your help so far.

DIM Install Paths.jpg
    567 x 553 - 69K
    DAZ Studio Directories.jpg
    1223 x 1100 - 190K

One other thing I need to mention that recently came up and might be tied in with the whole issue we have been discussing.

On the Install Tab in Studio is an Update Tab and showing within it are several items showing as needing to be updated but only in Studio...  These items shown as an attachment do not show in DIM as needing to be updated!!  However when I attempt to run the updates in Studio nothing actually updates.  It attempts to download the updates and runs for a very long time but never completes any of these...  Studio eventually locks up and has to be closed via Windows Task Manager.  Therefore could this issue be tied in with the other problems occuring in Studio?  I gather these updates may have something to do with DAZ Connect but am unsure as to what that could be...

Anyway please take a look at this and let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

DS_Install Tab Updates.jpg
    605 x 942 - 121K

Because you manually installed them they will not show up in Smart Content, you will need to update the database.  Also because you manully installed the batch files that creates the ExP morphs in Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ will need to be ran.

One other thing I need to mention that recently came up and might be tied in with the whole issue we have been discussing.

On the Install Tab in Studio is an Update Tab and showing within it are several items showing as needing to be updated but only in Studio...  These items shown as an attachment do not show in DIM as needing to be updated!!  However when I attempt to run the updates in Studio nothing actually updates.  It attempts to download the updates and runs for a very long time but never completes any of these...  Studio eventually locks up and has to be closed via Windows Task Manager.  Therefore could this issue be tied in with the other problems occuring in Studio?  I gather these updates may have something to do with DAZ Connect but am unsure as to what that could be...

Anyway please take a look at this and let me know what you think.

Thanks again.

jestmart said:

Because you manually installed them they will not show up in Smart Content, you will need to update the database.  Also because you manully installed the batch files that creates the ExP morphs in Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ will need to be ran.

I'm sorry not following you...  How do i update the Database? 

I have already run those batch files as directed by Richard Hazeltine from earlier in this thread who it appears is no longer following the progression of these issues, which is too bad as his assistance was most valuable while he was following along...

Many thanks to you for hanging in there with me the past few days.  However are we ever going to get this resolved and do I need to go further by doing a complete uninstall/reinstall of Studio at this point to help clear up these issues??  I asked earlier but no one has answerted that question as well as how do i fix all those older 100+ DAZ Content items that show as being uninstalled - you know the ones with the Triangle/! in the middle of them that I earlier sent multiple attached examples of last weekend??  Being as they were all installed via DIM yet Studio does not recognize their install for some reason...  Or do i need t take this to a higher level to the DAZ EXperts themselves in T/S??

Thanks again.