Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Falke 3D said:
    I see nothing of the Offered price in my shopping cart
    or see something written by the commitments. The price is still significantly higher, despite user access.
    I am / was 8.5 Carrara users (limited license numbers), last Pro full version.

I just tested this out, and the discounts are applying properly. Remember you have to have Carrara 8.5 Pro and the Quarterly Membership in your account for the full discounts to apply. Right now you only have Carrara 8.5 Pro in your account. You won't see the full discount until you view your cart.

• ken_55397c1081ken_55397c1081 Posts: 3
    edited September 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    Falke 3D said:
    or see something written by the commitments. The price is still significantly higher, despite user access.

I just tested this out, and the discounts are applying properly. Remember you have to have Carrara 8.5 Pro and the Quarterly Membership in your account for the full discounts to apply. Right now you only have Carrara 8.5 Pro in your account. You won't see the full discount until you view your cart.

Unlike Falke 3D, I have both items in my cart right now and I still show the $166 price... anything amiss Jared?

Daz3dCart.jpg
    1280 x 770 - 160K
    Post edited by ken_55397c1081 on
  • bill_e227dd549cbill_e227dd549c Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

cckens said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Falke 3D said:

Unlike Falke 3D, I have both items in my cart right now and I still show the $166 price... anything amiss Jared?

It's the same problem for me. Both items are definitely in my cart, and I see a subtotal of $309, and discount of $142.50, for a grand total of $166.50.

Bill

edited December 1969

cckens said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Falke 3D said:

We just changed something. If you log out, and back in it should apply properly. If not let me know.

edited December 1969

bmountney said:
    cckens said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Falke 3D said:

It's the same problem for me. Both items are definitely in my cart, and I see a subtotal of $309, and discount of $142.50, for a grand total of $166.50.

Bill

Same issue as with cckens. It should work for you now if you log out and back in (you may not even have to do that). I think we isolated and fixed the problem, so hopefully it will work going forward.

• ken_55397c1081ken_55397c1081 Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

It's showing correct, as expected. Thanks Jared!

• vidi3vidi3 Posts: 1
    edited September 2013

Both items are definitely in my cart, and I see a subtotal of $309, and discount of $142.50, for a grand total of $166.50.

Same here

If you log out, and back in it should apply properly. .

OK
    Post edited by vidi3 on
  • bill_e227dd549cbill_e227dd549c Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    bmountney said:

Bill

Same issue as with cckens. It should work for you now if you log out and back in (you may not even have to do that). I think we isolated and fixed the problem, so hopefully it will work going forward.

Thanks, Jared! It's working for me now, too.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:

Anyway: I am contacting support now about the associated files to my Carrara 8 upgrade product - staticdrifter: I would recommend you do the same....

Update...
    I contacted Sales support first, because I thought they are responsible for file to product association.
    Britney told me to contact Technical support ... did that and waited some days ...
    now I am told by Crissie that she is filing it with the web department. ...

Update:
    The correct files are now associated with Carrara 8
    http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_10607
    Carrara 8.1 (Mac 32-bit i386) 81.63 MB
    Carrara 8.1 (Mac 32-bit PPC) 63.92 MB
    Carrara 8.1 (Win 32-bit) 87.10 MB
    Carrara_8.1.1.12_Mac32_i386.zip 81.63 MB
    Carrara_8.1.1.12_Mac32_ppc.zip 63.92 MB
    Carrara_8.1.1.12_Win32.exe 87.10 MB
    In case somebody wants the old one back.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Well thanks to the nice deal with the platinum club freebie I actually picked up the Carrara 8.5 pro upgrade.

The beta version was never even installed on my new hard disk because I had so many problems with it last year.

Hope it works this time around...

I started it up and it crashed the first time when I tried to go to smart content, so I started up Daz Studio to try to get the content database working. That seemed to do the trick.

The only problem now is that I don't even remember how to use Carrara any more... Been so busy with Zbrush.

Does Goz for Carrara work with this latest version of Carrara?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,314
    edited September 2013

DAZ_jared said:
    bmountney said:
    cckens said:
    DAZ_jared said:
    Falke 3D said:

Bill

What a great offer.; but too bad I can't use it. I purchased a 3 month PC membership ($24) on 31 August so that I could get a discount on Carrara which I then purchased at the upgrade price with PC discount ($74.50 with coupons) . Since PC memberships are not returnable, I can't really return it and Carrara to repurchase them at the even lower combined price. Just wish I had waited a little longer.

Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

It seems Goz is working in 8.5

Got it to go back and forth with vertex objects. not quite so nice with V5 -broke her morphs and Uvs.

• Zach WilsonZach Wilson Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I just upgraded to Carrara 8.5 pro. I went to install it using DAZ Install manager and noticed it's only showing a 32 bit version of Carrara. I thought there was a 64 bit version also. I'm may be wrong I just want to make sure there's no 64 bit version before I install the 32 bit version

edited December 1969

I just upgraded to Carrara 8.5 pro. I went to install it using DAZ Install manager and noticed it's only showing a 32 bit version of Carrara. I thought there was a 64 bit version also. I'm may be wrong I just want to make sure there's no 64 bit version before I install the 32 bit version

There is a 64 bit version of Carrara 8.5 Pro

Might check your DIM download filters to make sure you have windows 64 bit checked.

Or check under yout products -

Both Carrara 8.5 and Carrara 8.5 Pro show up for me under my account/Products so click on Carrara 8.5 Pro" NOT "Carrara 8.5" -

it is the last two versions on there - windows and mac 64 bit.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Yep I installed the software manually from the content library and then set up DIM to install any Carrara content I owned to it . That way I made sure I downloaded the correct version and it installed to where I wanted it to as i never install to my C:\ drive.

• Zach WilsonZach Wilson Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I found my problem. Double checked my order conformation email and noticed I made a mistake and ordered Carrara 8.5 not Pro. Doh!
    That's the last time I order something while half asleep. I will get in touch with costumer support and see if I can get this sorted out.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    I just noticed the Genesis hair caps are still not there I have asked for that to be looked at as well

I've got them today...
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited October 2013

EddyMI said:
    NeilV 1 said:
    I just noticed the Genesis hair caps are still not there I have asked for that to be looked at as well

I've got them today...
    cheers for letting us know

EDIT: Just to note the file is set up for DS not Carrara so it needs to be installed into you DS content folder rather than Cararra presets library.

Post edited by NeilV_1 on
  • BTLProdBTLProd Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    EddyMI said:
    NeilV 1 said:

I've got them today...

cheers for letting us know

EDIT: Just to note the file is set up for DS not Carrara so it needs to be installed into you DS content folder rather than Cararra presets library. That is intentional. This way it is most compatible with Genesis and all the morphs available. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

OK, as a total Carrara newbie, what happens if you don't have DS on the system.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

you download and install it!
    don't worry Pam you do not HAVE to use it!
    except once using powerloader for M4, V4 etc to make the morphs++ load properly and be adjustable it creates a path that carrara needs as does installing studio.
    You can even uninstall it afterwards.
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I have never downloaded or installed D|S. If a product doesn't work in Carrara then I return it because it is broken.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

You don't need DS, just install it to wherever you install DS/Poser content.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

You don't need DS, just install it to wherever you install DS/Poser content.
    Most TriAx content seems to work without CMS and DS installed, but projection templates will not show up in autofit and I've heard about some poses not working.

After I installed CMS and DS but hadn't run DS, Carrara would produce an error while loading Genesis. This was fixed by running DS (and possibly loading Genesis there once).

I don't know exactly what is going on there, but just so you know...

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

The 8.5 Pro Content, which is the Benjamin for M5 Carrara shaders, have been put back in.

I got a rely from tech support about them. DAZ put them back in when the added the Genesis & Genes 2 Carrara Hair Caps to the downloads.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

except once using powerloader for M4, V4 etc to make the morphs++ load properly and be adjustable it creates a path that carrara needs as does installing studio.
    You can even uninstall it afterwards.Right. Wendy is absolutely right on that. If you plan to use M4 and V4, especially their Aiko, Hiro, and others, you need to run the Powerloader and I suggest loading everything you have - this is done in DS. I was unable to get autofit to work properly without the CMS running, and actually using the autofit in DS first.
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Right. Wendy is absolutely right on that. If you plan to use M4 and V4, especially their Aiko, Hiro, and others, you need to run the Powerloader and I suggest loading everything you have - this is done in DS. I was unable to get autofit to work properly without the CMS running, and actually using the autofit in DS first.

Wait! You have to install and use D/S and it's Power Loader to use the mill-4 figures in C8.5? If so, that is ridiculous. I do recall an initialization you had to do to use V4 and M4 when they were installed the first time, but that was run from within the installer (if I'm remembering correctly) and didn't require D/S of any version on your system.

A agree with Holly on this. If it's supposed to work in Carrara, it should work in Carrara without hand holding from another app. Even if I had the money right now for the upgrade, the more I read, the more I feel that I wouldn't want to upgrade to 8.5 and would rather wait for some of these "features" (which sound more like bugs) to get fixed.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Right. Wendy is absolutely right on that. If you plan to use M4 and V4, especially their Aiko, Hiro, and others, you need to run the Powerloader and I suggest loading everything you have - this is done in DS. I was unable to get autofit to work properly without the CMS running, and actually using the autofit in DS first.

Wait! You have to install and use D/S and it's Power Loader to use the mill-4 figures in C8.5? If so, that is ridiculous. I do recall an initialization you had to do to use V4 and M4 when they were installed the first time, but that was run from within the installer (if I'm remembering correctly) and didn't require D/S of any version on your system.

A agree with Holly on this. If it's supposed to work in Carrara, it should work in Carrara without hand holding from another app. Even if I had the money right now for the upgrade, the more I read, the more I feel that I wouldn't want to upgrade to 8.5 and would rather wait for some of these "features" (which sound more like bugs) to get fixed.

No, you don't need to use DS to initialize the 4th Gen figures for use in Carrara.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited October 2013

No, you don't need to use DS to initialize the 4th Gen figures for use in Carrara.

Then what is Dart talking about? Using the M4/V4 morphs++ on a Genesis figure? See bolded text above.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

When did this occur? I never saw a bug fix for this.
    It's not like the Gen 4's wouldn't work at all, it was an issue (mystery) where some morphs would either become locked and they wouldn't work, or that you could change the dials and nothing would happen. This was for those of us whom had saved Carrara versions with Aiko and other morphs injected. Load the Carrara save, and sometimes this behavior would take hold. I believe that shapes that were already applied during the save would still be shaped onto the figure. But none of the dials would change anything afterwards. Rogue Pilot discovered the cure: Load in your Gen 4 base people, M4 and V4, and let Powerloader apply all of the morph packs you own. I don't think that this character needed to be saved, but I saved mine. Now the issue was that it didn't fix any characters sitting in your Carrara browser prior to this operation, so you'd have to map your characters back onto a fresh Gen 4 Base figure for the fix to have worked. That is how I discovered that NLA Master Pose works for saving and re-applying morph settings - but instead of using the clip in the timeline, you go to the NLA tab of the new Base figure, and select: Load Data from Clip.

As for the having to have DS and CMS, I have a feeling that this is a mere bug that will likely get fixed. However, the only reason to feel this need is if you wish to use auto-fit (that I've seen so far). Perhaps those whom are disagreeing with this need have already had the appropriate switches flipped before uninstalling DS and CMS to test it. All I know, is that the problem was reported on the forum where the cloth type shapes selections on the auto-fit didn't show up at all until I used auto-fit in DS with CMS running.

On that note, if you plan on working with Auto-Fit then you plan on using Genesis(1, 2, etc.,) which makes it a good idea to have DS installed anyways. I do agree that it needs to be fixed - and I have a feeling that it will be. In the meantime, it's a way around it. But Daz Studio has some excellent tools to assist any Genesis user in getting a lot more out of it. Granted, you can do most of it directly in Carrara - I'm not disputing that. But if you use the DS route to rig stuff for Genesis, or to save morphs to Genesis itself - whatever - you'll end up with something that you can use on any of your Genesis figures in the same line (Genesis 1 with G1, G2Fem with G2Fem, etc.,) which can add some real power to your Genesis endeavors. I am holding to my belief that Daz Studio is an excellent tool for assisting in content creation activities. It transforms your creations into something that will automatically work with any morphs you might apply - which is truly blissful. The tools for weight mapping and working with bones seems (I'm not truly experienced with it beyond a few tests) a lot like the way we do it in Carrara.

On that note, Genesis, I believe, is an excellent force to include to your bipedal productions. And Genesis 2 was designed a bit differently, which becomes apparent when you work with them. More surfaces to work with on the eyes is one of my big favorites. The Sclera, Iris and Pupil make up the eye's coloration, while Cornea and Reflection give us two clear surfaces to mess with. Very cool! I also like the organization of shaping and animation based controls in the parameters tab better in 2 than 1.