Mec4d's Beards and Bodyhair are here! Hurray!

Comments

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited July 2012

Okay, here is my main man of our online drama series... Bomaw.

This name is Shawn, leading character - and on the right is the OLD Shawn - and on the left is the new with Genesis & Unshaven beard, which is LOVE.

Just as in the case with most men, depending on the time of year and the season, he might grow a larger, longer beard... NOW - I can reflect that because of unshaven beard.

Only problem I'm having with me new guy is his brow - and his lips. I'm struggling... any suggestions of how I can better match the brow and lips? on M4 version on right, I Photoshopped the brows to fix them - just got rid of the gap, or space in them. I might leave it as is for this version...

The textures is Mech4d's Buddy 2.0 - also perfect...

Larger Image

Shawnx2small.jpg
    734 x 587 - 62K
    Post edited by MKeyes on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

Yes the hair shape will change from triangle to tubes and how higher the subdivision how smoother and tine it will render but will take more memory , you need to use ambient occlusion if you want more realistic effect and at last one spot with specular for better dimension

Cath

Lindsey said:
    Been playing around with the beard and noticed the beard will render thinner if you give it one level of subdivision. Here is a before and after subdivide sample. The hair is M4 Hero hair (beta) available here: http://www.sharecg.com/v/60142/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Hero-Hair-(Beta-Version). I used a skull cap with the hair. The final version is at Rendo in his Golden Age Hero for M4 package.

edited December 1969

there is not other way as the textures was created for the specific UV's to match the original morph , I guess Photoshop is the tool to match it perfectly . You can try and edit the copy of the original head textures and lowering the lip area on the texture to match the new head morph as well .

Cath

Mercedesk said:
    Okay, here is my main man of our online drama series... Bomaw.

This name is Shawn, leading character - and on the right is the OLD Shawn - and on the left is the new with Genesis & Unshaven beard, which is LOVE.

Just as in the case with most men, depending on the time of year and the season, he might grow a larger, longer beard... NOW - I can reflect that because of unshaven beard.

Only problem I'm having with me new guy is his brow - and his lips. I'm struggling... any suggestions of how I can better match the brow and lips? on M4 version on right, I Photoshopped the brows to fix them - just got rid of the gap, or space in them. I might leave it as is for this version...

The textures is Mech4d's Buddy 2.0 - also perfect...

Larger Image

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited July 2012

This is my second render, I did create my own noise map for the texture I think it came out pretty good.

Ill add the noise map so if anyone wants to use it your welcome just load it into the defuse slot and turn defuse coor to white also converted the beard to SubD.

Sal.

Imagebrown.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 903K
    beardtest1a.jpg
    800 x 800 - 246K
    Post edited by Sal UK on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the noise map Sal! Any restrictions on usage over and above non distribution?

edited December 1969

Pendraia said:
    Thanks for the noise map Sal! Any restrictions on usage over and above non distribution?

no restrictions at all use it for whatever you want or passing it around... :)

Sal.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Pendraia said:

no restrictions at all use it for whatever you want or passing it around... :)

Sal.Thanks, I tend not to download anything that has restrictions on commercial rendering mainly because when you GB's in your runtime it gets very difficult to track.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    This is my second render, I did create my own noise map for the texture I think it came out pretty good.

Ill add the noise map so if anyone wants to use it your welcome just load it into the defuse slot and turn defuse coor to white also converted the beard to SubD.

Sal.

*sigh* - I haven't a clue of how to use this with the beard... help? :red:

edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Sal UK said:

Sal.

*sigh* - I haven't a clue of how to use this with the beard... help? :red:
    I haven't tried it yet but it should just be loaded in the diffuse setting on the surface tab like any uv map. Just make sure to change the color to white or it will affect the outcome.

edited December 1969

Thanks - will give it a try...

• gabugabu Posts: 303
    edited December 1969

I have finally started to 'play' with the beard/bodyhair capabilities. But I am still very much a novice and I don't really understand the passing references to uberlight and ubersurface and so on.

Could someone write a short tutorial for dummies like me on how to realistically change the hair colours and get the most out of this package? You seem to need much more technical knowledge to use this than with the beard packages for M4. I just expected there would be a range of colours to apply as part of the package.

edited December 1969

apply ubersurface material to the beard make the diffuse color closer to natural what is usual darker as you think and change the translucent color to lighter as possible , for blond - yellowish white , for brown very light brown almost like coffee with milk color
    hit one spot on the side of the hair for the translucent effect , you need to turn shadows on for the light for the correct effect and the best ambient occlusion for the most realistic effect for the global lighting if you user uberlight , it is simple
    hair are translucent like a colored glass fiber , I did tried before doing it and it worked wonderful .
    Even using colored glass material will give you already cool effect .
    Fixed material setting will not help you until you use proper light in the scene .

Btw the original uv's allow you to make different rots-middle-tip color plus 2 color mixed for the hair tube , I don't know 100 % if the uv's was changed to plain or there are 2 of them, the original and edited , if there was only one plain uv's , things will get difficult in creating other effects , I hope there are 2 choices for the uv's , I did not own the final product , I just made the geometries, uv's , rig and setup of the model.

Cath

luxgabu said:
    I have finally started to 'play' with the beard/bodyhair capabilities. But I am still very much a novice and I don't really understand the passing references to uberlight and ubersurface and so on.

Could someone write a short tutorial for dummies like me on how to realistically change the hair colours and get the most out of this package? You seem to need much more technical knowledge to use this than with the beard packages for M4. I just expected there would be a range of colours to apply as part of the package.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Cath! XOXO

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

A first test render with the hairy bundle. :-)

Hairy_M5_mk_3.png
    619 x 720 - 428K
    edited December 1969

very nice render !

Shaaelia said:
    A first test render with the hairy bundle. :-)
  • shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

thanks Cath :)

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

Had to post this here as this is my first render using the beard - and I just love it already (the beard that is) :)

Marshall5.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 298K
    edited December 1969

very cool usage of the beard, well done !

thanks for sharing

Cath

Porsimo said:
    Had to post this here as this is my first render using the beard - and I just love it already (the beard that is) :)
  • ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

I must have gotten unsubscribed and never got any more ebots for this thread.

It's a bit late now but I just exported the obj without any morphs and opened it in UV Mapper.

Coldrake

Mec4D said:
    I have a question
    the template you made was from
    the original UV's ? or you created new UV's ?
    as it seems like the beard hair have new UV's for all the stubble and not one map for individual hair , just curious
    as that was what I was thinking to make as the original was different .

Cath

Coldrake said:
    luxgabu said:
    If you change the beard colour by changing the diffuse colour you get an evenly coloured beard which I find quite unnatural looking. For example, how would you get a 'salt/pepper' effect?

I made a salt and pepper map and uploaded it to ShareCG, you can download it here;
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63328/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Salt-n-Pepper-map-for-Unshaven-Beard-for-Genesis
    You can see how it looks below, along with some other maps I made.

I also made a quick uv map so that you can see where the mustache, sideburns, etc are. If you want just a gray mustache, sideburns, streaks or whatever, this will make it a lot easier to create. You can download it here;
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/63327/view/21/DAZ-Studio/UV-Template-for-Unshaven-Beard-for-Genesis-at-DAZ

Coldrake

edited August 2012

My question was how many UV's sets are there if you looks into the surface , are there 2 or just one to choice from , I ask as the original I made can be used to make different rots middle and tip or make the hair tick or tin or kink for more natural look , and the one you show was just to paint zones , I wonder that's all

thanks
    Cath

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    My question was how many UV's sets are there if you looks into the surface , are there 2 or just one to choice from , I ask as the original I made can be used to make different rots middle and tip or make the hair tick or tin or kink for more natural look , and the one you show was just to paint zones , I wonder that's all

thanks
    Cath

Hi Mec4D

I just looked for you and in the UV's selection you have Facial Hair UV and one called FlatUV.

Sal.

edited December 1969

Ok then both are there so you can make 2 different style mapping , one for the zones and one for the tones like poser hair shader for example where u can use normal or displacement to change the texture of the hairs , when I am little more free from my projects I will do some cool material presets with different mapping

Thanks Sal ,
    Cath

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

Hi Mec4D

I just looked for you and in the UV's selection you have Facial Hair UV and one called FlatUV.

Sal.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    Ok then both are there so you can make 2 different style mapping , one for the zones and one for the tones like poser hair shader for example where u can use normal or displacement to change the texture of the hairs , when I am little more free from my projects I will do some cool material presets with different mapping

Thanks Sal ,
    Cath

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

That will be great look forward to when you have time on your hands.. :)

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

There was just the one UV set. I was looking for something to help paint zones, luckily for me the UV's were what I was looking for. I really don't know much about creating or altering UV's.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

Thanks Sal ,
    Cath

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

Also thanks for your summer sale I just got "Neanderthal - Genesis" from your site.. :)

Sal.

edited December 1969

Naturall the hair have different rots and tips color , also with the flatUV you can make 2 colors or 3 colors for the total effect or even use the hair as cr2 in Poser and the native hair shader, with the uv's zones the way is only to paint the zone , it is cool if you do variations of grey hair zones or even use color noise but it will be flat scratched color over the hair without any texture or other effect for each individual hair, the other one use 1 template for all hair if you are going to make 4 color shades for nice mixing or any other effect so both are very much usable .

Coldrake said:
    Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

There was just the one UV set. I was looking for something to help paint zones, luckily for me the UV's were what I was looking for. I really don't know much about creating or altering UV's.

Coldrake

edited December 1969

Thanks Sal for the support !!! :)

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

Thanks Sal ,
    Cath

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

thanks
    Cath

Hi Mec4D

Sal.

Also thanks for your summer sale I just got "Neanderthal - Genesis" from your site.. :)

Sal.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

your welcome its a great bundle fiber hair/beard and eyebrows, character and clothes love the whole thing.. :) sadly cant use the hair yet as I am using DS 4.5 but I will put the earlier version od DS4 on my other PC later today to use him fully, its 3:50am so I think I will have a sleep first..lol

Sal.

edited December 1969

I am doing update for the Hair to work in DS 4.5 tonight so tomorrow you can download it from my store and install in the DS4.5 by removing the 4.0 figure and materials from the folders before to avoid problems if you not more use 4.0 , both can't be in the same folder it will be conflict .

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

your welcome its a great bundle fiber hair/beard and eyebrows, character and clothes love the whole thing.. :) sadly cant use the hair yet as I am using DS 4.5 but I will put the earlier version od DS4 on my other PC later today to use him fully, its 3:50am so I think I will have a sleep first..lol

Sal.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    I am doing update for the Hair to work in DS 4.5 tonight so tomorrow you can download it from my store and install in the DS4.5 by removing the 4.0 figure and materials from the folders before to avoid problems if you not more use 4.0 , both can't be in the same folder it will be conflict .

Sal UK said:
    Mec4D said:

Sal.

oh that will be great..:) ill hold off reverting back to DS4.0 then. thanks very much just waiting for my render to finish of him with his beard and brows at the moment.

Sal.