(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited December 1969

If I knew, I would tell you. I found by experiment that it's possible to sometimes get different results with one than the other, but knowing why would probably require knowledge of the function of the actual code, which I do not have.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm beginning to suspect there's something different about building G2F clothing that somehow makes a transfer more difficult. And maybe just makes building clothing more difficult, period.

I have the freebie (no longer available) that had a G2F shape for Genesis, so I was able to try Wancow's OBJ transfer method with the Evening Gown for G2F. The overdress worked fine, no problems. The underdress, however ...

As soon as I exported the underdress to OBJ the first time, I had the folded polys at the crotch and all the way down the front, like a seam. I did the second export, tried to do the smoothing at 100, as the method suggests, and the OBJ exploded in the viewport. Turned off smoothing, and it was back to normal, albeit with the clear polygon issue on the front. Increased smoothing iterations slowly. At 10 and 20, it was mostly fine. At 22, a tiny flyaway on the back, and this weird slightly dented area under the behind. At 25, it started getting flyaway polys on the breast and the back, as well as a weird lump/valley thing under the left breast. At 30, flyaway polys on the crotch. At 40, KaBOOM!

It's just that one item, of course, but the issue with strange polys on the crotch and down the front happening with some frequency makes me wonder if maybe there's some common thing that people are used to doing to build clothing for Genesis that simply doesn't work with G2F. No idea what, of course, since I don't make clothing, but the crotch and breast issue are common enough that it seems like maybe there's something that changed for dresses that just doesn't work the way people expect.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I'm finding it's consistently true that the tighter a skirt/dress is, the more artifact in the crotch and the area between the legs there will be when it's converted (all the way to the floor).

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

I just purchased this, is there a tutorial on how to use it?

edited December 1969

In the folder called "Readme's" in your library there should be a .pdf file containing the manual, which contains workflows.

Also, for those who were asking about Dawn. I put up a ticket at HiveWire asking about it, and they said basically they won't allow a Dawn clone because they want Dawn clothes to be used on Dawn herself. They said maybe sometime in the future when she's had more time to catch on, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited September 2013

In the folder called "Readme's" in your library there should be a .pdf file containing the manual, which contains workflows.

Also, for those who were asking about Dawn. I put up a ticket at HiveWire asking about it, and they said basically they won't allow a Dawn clone because they want Dawn clothes to be used on Dawn herself. They said maybe sometime in the future when she's had more time to catch on, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Gee, no tit for tat huh. They have in their forums tuts for how to do the reverse, putting V4 clothes on Dawn.

Post edited by patience55 on
    edited December 1969

Gee, no tit for tat huh. They have tuts out how to do the reverse, putting V4 clothes on Dawn.

I'm not apt to get exercised over it. G1 and G2 have basically all of each other's wardrobes plus a good chunk of V4's and M4's to use. I have not yet seen a single thing for Dawn that there wasn't a good version of for one of the others.

edited December 1969

Sweet, thanks.

Can't wait to start making outfits that extend beyond the crotch...

.... not that I won't continue making skimpwear mind you. ;-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    edited December 1969

I'm finding it's consistently true that the tighter a skirt/dress is, the more artifact in the crotch and the area between the legs there will be when it's converted (all the way to the floor).

Any progress to report on fixing the crotch and breast issues with the new clone for putting G2F clothes on Genesis?
    edited December 1969

I clearly have no idea what I'm doing with this.

import obj

Transfer utility with SRMdressBase

Save dress
    Delete dress
    Reload dress

Move figures legs but dress doesn't move. :down:

What am I doing wrong?

edited December 1969

I clearly have no idea what I'm doing with this.

import obj

Transfer utility with SRMdressBase

Save dress
    Delete dress
    Reload dress

Move figures legs but dress doesn't move. :down:

What am I doing wrong?

Skirt handles. You have to select and move them in the scene tab. I don't believe in "glued to the thighs" rigging, and SRMS is constructed on that principle.

Haven't had time to look at the clone again yet.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Gee, no tit for tat huh. They have in their forums tuts for how to do the reverse, putting V4 clothes on Dawn.

But that tut is free and it is only a how to ... Daz3d didn't allow a V4 clone for Dawn either ...
    Just to be fair.

• mdennis96bmdennis96b Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

I apologize for the hopefully simple question:

How do I get SRMS to show as an option during autofit and transfer utility? The manual seems easy enough to follow, but basic installation doesn't appear to be covered. By now I've spent days trying to figure it out (might have overlooked a post or two - hope so), I've installed manually, with the DIM, uninstalled/reinstalled DS, copied files around (templates to anyplace I found a reference to Genesis.DUF), and it still doesn't appear in the autofit or TU options. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm really beginning to get frustrated here. Thanks in advance.

edited December 1969

sinned_1 said:
    I apologize for the hopefully simple question:

How do I get SRMS to show as an option during autofit and transfer utility? The manual seems easy enough to follow, but basic installation doesn't appear to be covered. By now I've spent days trying to figure it out (might have overlooked a post or two - hope so), I've installed manually, with the DIM, uninstalled/reinstalled DS, copied files around (templates to anyplace I found a reference to Genesis.DUF), and it still doesn't appear in the autofit or TU options. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'm really beginning to get frustrated here. Thanks in advance.

The options are under "templates" in TU and "What type of item is it?" in Autofit and are called SRMDressBase, SRMBootBase (three options for toe rigging here) and SRMBodysuitBase. You're not seeing these?

edited December 1969

Sorry, I don't see them as options in either case. I'm "sure" the projection templates are in the correct place: I've a lot of items I want to use this for. Please tell me I'm overlooking something simple.

TU.jpg
    1390 x 924 - 107K
    Autofit.jpg
    1355 x 1081 - 117K
    Explorer.jpg
    1352 x 1082 - 112K
    edited December 1969

sinned_1 said:
    Sorry, I don't see them as options in either case. I'm "sure" the projection templates are in the correct place: I've a lot of items I want to use this for. Please tell me I'm overlooking something simple.

So you're positive you downloaded and installed both zip files?

edited December 1969

I think so. Manual download first - nothing worked. DIM next - same result. You're the expert I'll do/re-do anything you advise. Your product looks amazing and has great reviews, I'm really looking forward to using it.

edited December 1969

sinned_1 said:
    I think so. Manual download first - nothing worked. DIM next - same result. You're the expert I'll do/re-do anything you advise. Your product looks amazing and has great reviews, I'm really looking forward to using it.

Let's see if we can figure this out. Forgive me if these are things you've already tried/checked.

There are two zip files, one for the clothing folder items and one for the projection templates. Each one starts from the "content" folder. You need to copy the files INSIDE content (data, etc.) to INSIDE of your My Library folder. Double-check you don't have the content folder inside My Library.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited October 2013

Here are the paths SRMS go to, just in case you need 'em.

Projection templates: \data\SickleYield\SRMS
    Clothing templates: \People\Genesis\Clothing\SickleYield\!SRMS

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

I really appreciate your time with this. It's the DIM download that we're looking at, with the possible exception of one of the projection templates. I may have copied them to one of those locations in my futile attempts to fix the issue myself.

Clothing_Items.jpg
    1380 x 1027 - 106K
    Proj_Templates_2.jpg
    1440 x 1083 - 117K
    Proj_Templates.jpg
    1432 x 1002 - 89K
    edited December 1969

Thank you Vaskania, I though one of those may have been me messing around. Will it hurt anything?

edited December 1969

sinned_1 said:
    Thank you Vaskania, I though one of those may have been me messing around. Will it hurt anything?

I'd delete the projection templates from People/Genesis just to be on the safe side, but it shouldn't do anything there.

edited December 1969

Just copied the templates over, restarted D|S, same result. I'll try deleting everything SRMS and reinstalling.

edited December 1969

Just realized I have redundant files in personal and public documents. Could that have anything to do with my issue(s)?

edited December 1969

Thank you both for your time and effort. It appears to be working just fine now. Don't know what I did different on this install, but I'm glad its working. Thanks a million.

edited October 2013

sinned_1 said:
    Just realized I have redundant files in personal and public documents. Could that have anything to do with my issue(s)?

I have no idea on that one. I wouldn't think so, but it's not a thing I've seen before.

*EDIT FOR CROSSPOST* Oh good! :-) I'm glad it's working for you.

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Where does this product have to be installed? In the same folder as Genesis? I have all my content on my external harddrive in separate folders all mapped to DS. So I put the SRMS files in there own folder here E:/3D Content/Sickleyield SRMS and mapped that path in DS for both poser and daz directories. I see all the files on my hard drive and they show up in DS but the files do not appear as options in the transfer utility...what do I need to do to get them to show up as options? thanks for helping

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    Where does this product have to be installed? In the same folder as Genesis? I have all my content on my external harddrive in separate folders all mapped to DS. So I put the SRMS files in there own folder here E:/3D Content/Sickleyield SRMS and mapped that path in DS for both poser and daz directories. I see all the files on my hard drive and they show up in DS but the files do not appear as options in the transfer utility...what do I need to do to get them to show up as options? thanks for helping

Putting it with Genesis will be a good start. The /data files need to be merged with the main /data folder, wherever you have that.

edited December 1969

ok I will try uninstalling and reinstalling to the same folder where I have genesis and genesis essentials installed and see if that works. I am so anxious to try this, I want to convert all my characters and clothing over to genesis from the gen 3 and 4, or as much as will work. I have already tried some stuff with GenX and I do have the Genesis 2 female clone for Genesis and the Sickle Dress Rig. I am not sure about Gen 3 products, sounds like it is trial and error as to what will work so far

edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    ok I will try uninstalling and reinstalling to the same folder where I have genesis and genesis essentials installed and see if that works. I am so anxious to try this, I want to convert all my characters and clothing over to genesis from the gen 3 and 4, or as much as will work. I have already tried some stuff with GenX and I do have the Genesis 2 female clone for Genesis and the Sickle Dress Rig. I am not sure about Gen 3 products, sounds like it is trial and error as to what will work so far

Very much so, when it comes to Gen 3. Some things work great and some not at all.

edited October 2013

When you have an outfit with multiple parts...shirt, pants, cardigan, skirt with overskirt...I assume each piece needs to be done separately? Also textures are added after conversion?

Also I am not clear on saving the converted piece..everything saves to Libraries/DocumentsMy Daz3D Library/Converted Clothes folder

am I missing where to change this so the parts of each model save to its own folder?

Edit to add: oh yes...installing correctly to the folder where genesis is works wonderfully, all the SRMS files show up :)

Post edited by Kharma on