Growing Up for Genesis1 - Now Available

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited October 2013 in The Commons

I wasn't sure if Genesis1 needed this, but after trying to get a similar look as what I could achieve on G2 required a few sets. So I decided that G1 could use Growing Up as well. Will work a bit differently since there is no Gender on the base, but in a nutshell you blend in your favourite characters body and head at a certain percentage on the morphs, be it male or female. Here are some promo's.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2013

Some character blends.

popup_10.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 492K
    popup_9.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 474K
    popup_8.jpg
    1300 x 693 - 507K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

"Zev0; taking your characters from 5 to 95 is a few easy steps!"

Great! Late, but welcome. A Growing Up package at one end, and a Growing Old package at the other.

edited September 2013

Lol rather late than never:) Must show G1 some love as well:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • RiffulRifful Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thats pretty amazing, like all your stuff. It's interesting to see the subtle differences in the adult characters that you morphed.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

WOW!
    Nope, not enough...WOW!!
    Please use your virtual whip to get DAZ QA to get this approved and in the Store, NOW!
    Love the way the characters blend in. Is it like 50% blending on the sliders?

edited December 1969

Lol Thanks. It's in Q/A already. And they are blended in more or less at 50%. But on some faces the results are very strong so sometimes even 30% is enough to make them recognizable. The bodies I normally dial in at 20%, depending on what age they are at. Basically the younger they are, the less you blend them in. But its all up to you, how you want it to look:)

edited December 1969

Big Yay!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited September 2013

...will this be a separate set or an add on to the G2F one?

Mavka looks way too cute.

Love to see what happens with Amy, Kimberly, Jasmin, Stalker Girl, and Nata.

...ooooh, and a kid Troll?

Yes Genesis "Classic" definitely needs this.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2013

It's a completely different set re-worked for Genesis1. Will try and get more renders up tomorrow. Will have to see how extreme fantasy shapes work, since the morphs were designed to mainly change normal male and female sets.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

...still looks too good to pass up as it will work with a lot of characters I have who are not compatible with G2F (well, at lease not without a lot of messy conversion I don''t feel all that skilled at performing)

For my main characters, I'm still incredibly pleased with the results I've been getting with G2F version.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Very curious to see how this will work considering Genesis already has the Basic Child morph, but so far the promo images look very enticing. The ability to create more varied child figures is an opportunity I rarely pass up so more likely than not I'll buy these simply out of pure curiosity. Now if DimensionTheory could team up again and release some childlike skins for the set we could have yet another epic winner for the Genesis genepool!

The Growing Up/Sisters combo all but replaced Genesis whenever I needed female children, but this could be a great incentive to mix things up and use both generations simultaneously.

edited December 1969

...I wonder if it will work on Genesis characters that include morphs brought in through GenerationX. Girl4 would be a very interesting one to work with as well as some of Thorne's/Sara's Fey characters.

edited September 2013

Yes it does:) Will have to test girl4, but the genx'd characters I tested worked fine.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

....mmmm nice. sounds like this will be a lot of fun. I have all the legacy figure plugins for GenX

...ohh the possibilities...

edited September 2013

Renders of kid troll and Kimberly.

kimberly.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 294K
    troll.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 292K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

Good to see this, I'd love to see how this works with the new mouse morph if possible.

edited September 2013

...that's way cool. It works.

...looks like Trollum finally found his girl and now there's a Trollum Jr.

Too bad Silent Winter is no longer around (originator of the Trollum series)

...and Kimberly turns into such a cutie.

...must...resist...Ketchup...sale........must...save...money.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Cool stuff. :)

Since I'm still mostly on Genesis 1, I'm kinda glad that I've managed to leave Growing up for G2F on the wish-list this sale if this is coming down the pike. :red:

edited September 2013

Lol no worries. It's understandable that some still prefer G1.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • CyberDogCyberDog Posts: 232
    edited December 1969

I should see if payroll can just deposit a portion of my check into your account. It would save a lot of steps since I am going to give you my money anyway.
    Seriously, your products are so useful and I look forward to this one.

edited September 2013

Dear Zev0,
    I am sending you all the money I have via PayPal.
    I figure it will save time.
    Thanks,
    John

Post edited by TJohn on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Yesterday I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a Genesis 1 version of Growing Up, and last night I found this thread. It looks really good. I'm surprised at how well it works with the troll. I would guess that it may not work as good with completely animal-like heads (Anubis, Duckies, etc.), but after seeing the young troll, it looks like it will probably work with any of the figures with more or less human-looking heads (Mr. Hyde, DAZ Monstrosities, etc.). Between this product and Aging Morphs, it should be easy to do entire families. I hope it will be available s**n.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

This was definitely needed, and I'm so excited it's coming!

(I have actually been trying to teach myself how to sculpt some more realistic Genesis child shapes; I'd gotten tired of waiting for some to hit the store)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

HAHA look at that lil troll!! lmao These are great Zev Great job man. Will be an excellent set :cheese:

• carioca91carioca91 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Yesterday I was just thinking that it would be nice to have a Genesis 1 version of Growing Up, and last night I found this thread.

I misread it and thought it *was* genesis 1. Imagine my disappointment when I installed it and tried to use it. :(

edited December 1969

Rendered a set of teens.

popup_12.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 218K
  • SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I've been given the opportunity to give Growing Up for Genesis 1 a try, and I think it is so much fun. What Zev has made for Genesis 2 is now just as great for Genesis 1. Here is a render of Mavka as a little girl. So cute!

Mavka_Girl.jpg
    650 x 1000 - 152K
    edited December 1969

Oh that came out very nice slosh:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Rendered a set of teens.

That's great! Who are the original characters used?