Growing Up for Genesis1 - Now Available

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I'll have to get this and try it out on Bruno! Having a young Bruno to throw into the mix would be really cool! lol

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Pendraia said:
    This was supposed to be a quick render but took longer than I expected.

Please click on the picture to see fullsize

Pendraia, who's your cute girl made from? I can't place the face. Interesting hair, too. It has a nice texture. Did you make it yourself with one of the hair creation tools?hair is Nikkou it had to be scaled to fit. The head is the Mavka and Kimberly mixed with one of the young morphs. Only just got up so I'm on the iPad I'll try and post more precise info later.
  • Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    edited December 1969

I worked on this off and on most of the day. S5 Michelle skin tweaked, Zac Hair, Skinny Top Crop, Lovey Bear (from the Carnival sale), HDR Pro Set Monterey, Locket from Jeweled Finery, Actual Eyes, Advanced Ambient Light, Growing Up, various morphs, and Dental Plan teeth.

Genesis_5_year_old_teeth_Dental_Plan_Lovey_Bear.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I worked on this off and on most of the day. S5 Michelle skin tweaked, Zac Hair, Skinny Top Crop, Lovey Bear (from the Carnival sale), HDR Pro Set Monterey, Locket from Jeweled Finery, Actual Eyes, Advanced Ambient Light, Growing Up, various morphs, and Dental Plan teeth.

Wuh-oh...Mom and Dad better start saving up for those braces. :)
    A cutie!
    edited March 2017

edited March 2017

edited October 2013

Zev0, when I click on the Genesis "05 Adult.duf" preset, the Adult Proportion morph is not applied. I think it is applied at 100% with the Genesis 2 Female version of Growing Up. Shouldn't the Genesis version do that, too?

Edited to add: I must be doing something wrong. When I manually dial Adult Proportion to 100% on Genesis, the teeth become distorted, especially the two upper front teeth. The lower lip looks a little funny in the middle, too. If I dial Adult Proportion back down to 0, those distortions go away.

Adult_Prop_100_Basic_Female.JPG
    388 x 291 - 21K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    Oh! I simply must go try and make a young Turian using the HFS Shapes - ME Expansion... ;)

Here's a fun screenshot as it'll probably take all night to render on my laptop...

-- Morgan

Turian_Fun.png
    780 x 1032 - 453K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

...bugger, she is a doll.
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Picked this up since there's a real lack of boys at the moment. I have a few morphs I can blend with basic child, but none of them really give me the same degree of control as the Growing Up morphs, which I found was a huge benefit. Here's a young Justin and Hayden trying to woo Penny. I thought I'd mix both of the Growing Up packs for this one, since I prefer using Genesis 2 for my girls. Justin brought his secret weapon though -- flowers!

My_Girl.jpg
    714 x 714 - 383K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

..that is beautiful. Haven't had the chance to play yet but looking forward to it.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited October 2013

barbult said:
    Zev0, when I click on the Genesis "05 Adult.duf" preset, the Adult Proportion morph is not applied. I think it is applied at 100% with the Genesis 2 Female version of Growing Up. Shouldn't the Genesis version do that, too?

Edited to add: I must be doing something wrong. When I manually dial Adult Proportion to 100% on Genesis, the teeth become distorted, especially the two upper front teeth. The lower lip looks a little funny in the middle, too. If I dial Adult Proportion back down to 0, those distortions go away.

The G1 version works a bit different. since its unisex, I decided not to blend in the adult proportions morph on the presets and rather decided that people can add it in to there liking. So the adult preset just resets the mesh back to default basically. I am looking at the teeth issue now on that morph and will fix it asap and will get it updated. Thanks for spotting the issue.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Ok morph fixed..sending to Daz. for upload.

edited October 2013

I also wanted to join the render party. Had some free time today, so I decided to make one. Nothing fancy. Just a kid with monkey ears:)

1.jpg
    1000 x 1185 - 318K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Ok morph fixed..sending to Daz. for upload.

That was fast! I'll watch for it in the DIM.
    edited December 1969

Lol I don't like things unfixed...It eats at me, so I preffer to fix things as soon as I can lol. Plus a product is meant to be released fixed:)

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I also wanted to join the render party. Had some free time today, so I decided to make one. Nothing fancy. Just a kid with monkey ears:)

I'm going to pretend you didn't call that "monkey ears". :-/
    Yeah, that is me. :lol:
    JOHNM2.jpg
    412 x 600 - 177K
    edited October 2013

LOL..I actually dialled up a bit of the the monkey ears morph. Hense why I said monkey ears:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

So, I finally tried creating some young aliens. They were supposed to be female if you are wondering. ^^ Used growing up morphs, hfs shapes, shape shift and various other morph sets.

That's really nice; I'm really impressed with how well Growing Up works with shapes it wasn't really meant for. Here's a quickie with four little monsters, from left to right I used the 5 year old, 10 year old, young teen, and older teen presets. Just a simple area light; I figured if I went for a creepy night scene, the details on the figures would be hard to make out.

Little_Monsters.jpg
    1517 x 853 - 1M
    edited December 1969

@tjohn RE: braces :coolgrin: , The DAZ store actually has braces http://www.daz3d.com/braces, but they are for V4,M4,A3,H3, and don't say anything on the product page about any morphs to fit other variations. I really wanted to buy them awhile back, but I was afraid they might be to hard to fit to morphed Genesis or G2F models. If anybody has had success with that, I'd love to know.

@Tarina Kivi, you are a master of posing, even if you start with presets. That little alien clinging to the big one's leg is such a cute pose in this scene.

@Cypherfox, looking forward to the final render. Young Turian looks interesting.

@HeraldOfFire, Great expressions on these kids. That girl will be a heartbreaker for sure. Looks like that has already started. She's got two vying for her already. What a coy look she has!

@Zev0, I love the "monkey ears". You must have had to be careful to pick a hairstyle that didn't try to conform around them.

@riftwitch, very seasonal, with Halloween coming up! I tried it with Muck, but he is so extreme, it is hard to discern youth in him.

And thanks to all who commented on mine.

edited October 2013

tjohn said:
    Zev0 said:

I'm going to pretend you didn't call that "monkey ears". :-/
    Yeah, that is me. :lol:
    My husband can match that!
    Edit: He made me write this! He claims that is his brother, but in that family photo the boys look so much alike, it is hard to tell. They are very close in age. So if that isn't him, this is.
    David_kid.jpg
    300 x 355 - 117K
    David_ears_poking_out.jpg
    1200 x 1469 - 583K
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited October 2013

@ barbult. Any morph you dial on genesis gets transferred to the hair. If you have show hidden on, you will see all the morphs on the hair (hidden), and can counter dial the monkey ear morph on the hair:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    @ barbult. Any morph you dial on genesis gets transferred to the hair. If you have show hidden on, you will see all the morphs on the hair (hidden), and can counter dial the monkey ear morph on the hair:)

Thanks for that! I turned show hidden on a long ago, but I had no idea you could slider out each morph's effect on the hair. Good to know. :)
    edited December 1969

Yes, comes in handy with elf ears etc:) In most cases I prefer to parent the hair anyways. I have more control that way. Then I just set a little collision smoothing and scale to fit roughly the size of the head. That prevents heavy distortions on certain shapes.

edited December 1969

Ook ook eek ook ook?! (Who said "monkey ears"?!)

Monkey_Ears.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 316K
    edited December 1969

I applied the 5 year old preset to the Genesis child and it got tiny, so I thought, hey, I'll make a baby out of this! This is the result.
    Checking on the Baby

Checking_on_Baby_bassinet.jpg
    1690 x 1453 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Lol never thought of doing that:) Nice creative idea. Will try this out myself later to see how the results look.

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I applied the 5 year old preset to the Genesis child and it got tiny, so I thought, hey, I'll make a baby out of this! This is the result.
    Checking on the Baby

Preemie! Cute. :)
    edited December 1969

Preemie? Does it look too small or too skinny?