Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:
    I do not believe better than kit bashing can be done. Geo graphed free items not allowed as the graph has the base mesh in them.

That's what the new(er) eula is for.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17873/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4856/P30/#248166
    Ah. Yes, forgot all about that. I stand in the corner, softly beating my head against the wall, mumbling think dummy, think...

It's ok Jade. I didn't mention geo-graphting cause all I could remember was the previous version of the EULA and I didn't want to have Cho come in and use her club, however gently, on my poor noggin.That suddenly opens ideas for things for me to learn... fires up his search fu...
    I don't want to know which you're learning - geografting, or using a club on somebody's head. :lol:

But, since this is a requests thread, it's time for a request.

Oskarsson has a product "Fake Human" over on Renderosity. It's almost perfect for a project I have on the go, except that "[t]here's normal maps, of course so that means it won't work in Daz Studio" and I use Daz Studio...

Does anyone know of anything similar for DS, preferably DS3?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Jaderail said:
    Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:
    I do not believe better than kit bashing can be done. Geo graphed free items not allowed as the graph has the base mesh in them.

That's what the new(er) eula is for.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17873/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4856/P30/#248166
    Ah. Yes, forgot all about that. I stand in the corner, softly beating my head against the wall, mumbling think dummy, think...

It's ok Jade. I didn't mention geo-graphting cause all I could remember was the previous version of the EULA and I didn't want to have Cho come in and use her club, however gently, on my poor noggin.That suddenly opens ideas for things for me to learn... fires up his search fu...
    I don't want to know which you're learning - geografting, or using a club on somebody's head. :lol:

Oskarsson has a product "Fake Human" over on Renderosity. It's almost perfect for a project I have on the go, except that "[t]here's normal maps, of course so that means it won't work in Daz Studio" and I use Daz Studio...

Does anyone know of anything similar for DS, preferably DS3?Normal maps do work in Daz Studio. I've used them.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

Does anyone know of anything similar for DS, preferably DS3?

Normal maps do work in Daz Studio. I've used them.
    Thanks.

(one more to add to the wishlist over there, and buy once the big sales are finished here)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I looked at the readme ... the normal maps are in .psd format Body01 NRM01.PSD
    Not sure about Dazstudio loading these ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    All you'd need to do then is save a copy of them as jpg or png files.
  • Night-ForagerNight-Forager Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a free tail prop for Genesis?

I have the EZ-pose tube prop from renderosity, and the one that comes with Lizzar on ShareCG, but I'm not entirely happy with either of them. I also know about the one from the Daz store; it, along with the textures are on my wishlist, but if there's one that's just almost as good for free, I'd prefer that.

I have not seen one yet unless it is being offered at some of the adult sites. If I needed a tail and wanted something free then I would use the Big cat tail or the Mil Dog or Cat tails. I would position the tail where I wanted it on genesis and then parent it to genesis's hip. You will have to make invisible the bodies of the cats or dog by going to the scene tab and closing the eye for each of the sections. All three are free if you are a PC member or free with a purchase if not. They are in the freebies section of the DAZ shop.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

I believe Tramp that you need to save them as .tga files if they are true normal maps. Those pink and blue images.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Kerya said:

I believe Tramp that you need to save them as .tga files if they are true normal maps. Those pink and blue images.

some people do include jpg normal maps in their packs, Not sure if they work as well, but they are there.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I'm looking for a good light beam/ray prop. I found one to have one years ago but lost it when a HD died and don't remember where I got if from. Tried scouring the free content sites I know but keep coming up empty handed.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'm looking for a good light beam/ray prop. I found one to have one years ago but lost it when a HD died and don't remember where I got if from. Tried scouring the free content sites I know but keep coming up empty handed.

http://www.imarend.com/download/index.html
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64356
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65267
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62613

edited December 1969

...apologies, I should have been a bit clearer (my bad). Looking for a beam like a spotlight or searchlight would create.

Still, thank you for the help. Going to try out the light prop that comes with the flashlight to see if that works.

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Need a shader or tutorial for making stuff glow. Something like looking at a light-bulb, the edges are all blurred and stuff, it's not just making the stuff around it brighter the way lights do.

• edited December 1969

since the new free play look at my hair is out was wondering if anyone has free presets for male body hair I used the free primate and lycan presets but I don't want men looking like apes .Chest and full body would be great .Thanks see too much hair

001Hairy003.jpg
    1119 x 757 - 473K
  • TeofaTeofa Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

Would anyone consider making a shortie heeled boot to match with the free magus legging mesh? The only boots I have that work with it are combat boots atm.

Using auto fit with taller boots seems to always lead to poke through, whether I fit to the leggings or to Genesis.

Wilmap's ankle boot illustrated.

boots.png
    386 x 376 - 65K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Sand3 said:
    Need a shader or tutorial for making stuff glow. Something like looking at a light-bulb, the edges are all blurred and stuff, it's not just making the stuff around it brighter the way lights do.

Try turning the surface into an uberarea (included with DS), or a creatively placed point light. The point light may give you less of a headache.
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • Chelle the CatChelle the Cat Posts: 239
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of an elven ear prop that would work on M4?
    Or know how to make only the ears visible on M4's head?

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

There are scads of "elf-ear" morphs for M4 in various styles, from round-and-pointy ears like Sam & Frodo wore in the LotR movies to WoW-ish ears that double as '80s-style TV aerials.

edited December 1969

Elf ear morphs I have by the dozens, all shapes and sizes. However, I need something that will let me work with just the ear such as a prop. The only way a morph would work is if there is a way to make the rest of M4's head invisible.

edited December 1969

Elf ear morphs I have by the dozens, all shapes and sizes. However, I need something that will let me work with just the ear such as a prop. The only way a morph would work is if there is a way to make the rest of M4's head invisible.
    This may seem like a silly question, but why would you need just an ear?
    edited December 1969

Not silly at all... For the image I'm working on, I need to have the ear be a separate material from the rest of the head. Normally I would use a shader to achieve this but as the ear is not a separate material zone I have to find an alternative method..
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

M4's ears are separate on the UV map. They are on the torso UV map, so you could use a paint prgram to do a copy of the texture you are using and save it as a different name.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Not silly at all... For the image I'm working on, I need to have the ear be a separate material from the rest of the head. Normally I would use a shader to achieve this but as the ear is not a separate material zone I have to find an alternative method..Is that all? There is a much easier method to do what you want. Make your own material zone via the property editors in Daz. I'm in the middle of a render right now, so I can't give you the specifics at the moment, but it's not hard.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    M4's ears are separate on the UV map. They are on the torso UV map, so you could use a paint prgram to do a copy of the texture you are using and save it as a different name.

The problem is I need it to have a different material completely, rather then simply a different texture. In this case, I need the ears to look like metal while the rest of the head looks like skin.

Not silly at all... For the image I'm working on, I need to have the ear be a separate material from the rest of the head. Normally I would use a shader to achieve this but as the ear is not a separate material zone I have to find an alternative method..Is that all? There is a much easier method to do what you want. Make your own material zone via the property editors in Daz. I'm in the middle of a render right now, so I can't give you the specifics at the moment, but it's not hard.

Okay, you just started speaking a foreign language to me there. :D Do what now?

edited December 1969

chohole said:

The problem is I need it to have a different material completely, rather then simply a different texture. In this case, I need the ears to look like metal while the rest of the head looks like skin.

Not silly at all... For the image I'm working on, I need to have the ear be a separate material from the rest of the head. Normally I would use a shader to achieve this but as the ear is not a separate material zone I have to find an alternative method..
    Is that all? There is a much easier method to do what you want. Make your own material zone via the property editors in Daz. I'm in the middle of a render right now, so I can't give you the specifics at the moment, but it's not hard.

Okay, you just started speaking a foreign language to me there. :D Do what now?You use the Polygon Selection tool to select the polygons of the ears and then make your own material zone for them in Daz.

edited December 1969

...that is what I did to effectively remove part of the grille on the Spy Car V-12 to create gun ports in the front. Marked the sections of the grillework with the Polygon Selection Tool, then saved them as separate material zones, and reduced the opacity to 0%.

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

http://www.imarend.com/download/index.html
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=64356
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=65267
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62613
    ...well tried the flashlight beam but it overwrote all the other lights in the scene even when I used Merge or Import. Fortunately there is "Undo". I wish when special effect lights like this were created, they would be set up to add to the existing lights the scene rather than deleting them. The same thing occurs with the Life to Light Gel lights.

So back to square one. Again I need a beam effect that is similar to that which a spotlight or searchlight produces.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid: Try the headlamp-light of the Tactical Space Suit for H.I.M. (HIM-TSS) on Sixus1's site: second row, fourth column.

Chellethecat: Are you using M4 or Genesis for the figure?

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited September 2013

..got it, will give it a try.

I remember there was just a simple light beam cone prop I had way back in 08 that I DL'd from somewhere. Unfortunately I no longer have the link (or the zipfile) as it was on an HD that died. I actually used it in a couple scenes including the one in the link below (twice, once in the shell of the Neo Stop and again for the beam from the flying saucer).

http://kyotokid.deviantart.com/art/Trans-Dimensional-Tango-104881230

...an old submission from Music's Halloween Monster Mash Freebie Challenge.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited September 2013

I have the millennium cat, not very close up and solid black in dim light in profile, that needs fur standing up and out on it's curved back and tail. Are there any free "fuzzy things" out there that could be used as a quick hack to modify the cat's profile? I'm thinking things like bottle brushes, fur trim, etc. I can always just paint up some transparency maps too and try to line them up, but if there's something nice already there and maybe even flexible to go along the back and tail, that would be handy.

@Sand3:
    While this is not a shader or tutorial for making stuff glow, it might still work: Make a second copy of the lightbulb object that is just a tiny bit larger with the Opacity parameter set to be partly transparent to make the edge blurry. Or, if your lightbulb is way off in the distance in rain or fog, just make a sphere or two the same way that are larger than but centered on the lightbulb.

@chellethecat:
    To select individual polygons and create a new surface: Tools > "Polygon Group Editor".
    In the viewport, click on one poly to select it then hold Ctrl down and select any other polygons you want (or optionally you can select with a rectangle). Right click and choose Polygon Assignment > Create Surface from Selected. Give the new surface a name. You will then see a new material zone in the "Surfaces (color)" pane.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,273
    edited December 1969

Kyoto...what if you made your own. If you have Hexagon (or maybe there is a cone obj in daz?), you can use the cone shape, make it as wide and tall as you like, apply a material zone on it and then take it into Daz by whatever method suits you best. After it's loaded, apply a shader to give the color effect and adjust the opacity.

This discussion has been closed.