Headshop 11 Problems

2»

Comments

• Neck issue fix involves two small files that needs to be replaced inside the "HeadShop plugin" folder. No need to reinstall anything:-)

Give us a couple of days - still testing.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

Lightening didn't do it on this end.  Looking forward to the update though.

• Will the fix work with HeadShop OneClick2 also?  Is there and expected date?

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited January 2019

Yes and yes. Download at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccpj5x9cza5edix/twofiles.zip?dl=0

Unzip and replace same name files in the HeadShop plugin folder.

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    edited January 2019

Yes and yes. Download at https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccpj5x9cza5edix/twofiles.zip?dl=0

Unzip and replace same name files in the HeadShop plugin folder.

Glad I checked back.

Post edited by Doc Acme on
    edited January 2019

Hmmm.  HeadShop seems to have disappeared from my Edit menu.  Hadn't made any changes yet.  Have un/re-installed w/o any luck. Files are where the ReadMe shows they should be.  Sent Abalone LLC a separate message.

Post edited by Doc Acme on

Still a mystery why it disappeared but Thanks to Laslo for getting me going via Skype today.  Didn't get a chance to tell him how much he looks like my Dad in earlier years & took me back for a moment.

edited January 2019

Hmmm.  HeadShop seems to have disappeared from my Edit menu.  Hadn't made any changes yet.  Have un/re-installed w/o any luck. Files are where the ReadMe shows they should be.  Sent Abalone LLC a separate message.

Still a mystery why it disappeared but Thanks to Laslo for getting me going via Skype today.  Didn't get a chance to tell him how much he looks like my Dad in earlier years & took me back for a moment.

That's funny. Maybe he was my brother from another mother:-)  Glad that we solved the issue in 10 minutes via Skype

The universe is a funny place at times, that's for sure. You decide:

Anyway, having a blast with the tool now.  Just have to get the workflow down so I co-ordinate all the assets now & not overwrite with a new HeadShop project.

M.

dad-barracks.jpg
    151 x 168 - 13K
    edited January 2019

He does look like me:-)

Not overwriting is easy: you have to name the project something other than fs (see picture).

Mark.jpg
    1440 x 900 - 544K

Tried earlier that and had an odd error; a bunch, but not all of the geom disappeared. Didn't happen the next time just sticking to the default fs so not sure what I did different. I'll explore that more though. Got two projects working correctly for now doing some manual save & renames.

BTW, I still can't get that one photo (girl in the white scarf) to import.  Tried tweeks to levels & cropping, but just no luck.  You mention you simply lightened.  Any other ideas?

• greetings!

I bought Headshop 11 today.
    So far I have two issues.
    First Genesis 8 eyelashes problem mentioned before.
    Second - when I select File->New, the window pops under the main Headshop window and I have to force close thru Windows Manager

• one more thing regarding Eyelashes - seems that DAZ doesn't load Headshop morphs to eyelashes...

Screenshot_5.png
    829 x 718 - 440K
  • stlkr82 said:

greetings!

I bought Headshop 11 today.
    So far I have two issues.
    First Genesis 8 eyelashes problem mentioned before.
    Second - when I select File->New, the window pops under the main Headshop window and I have to force close thru Windows Manager

HeadShop Tech Support: [email protected]

• I can't install HeadShop OneClick2, because it wants a product key from me, and I have no idea where to locate that.

SInce noobody else seems to have had that issue, I am thinking I may be missing something obvious.

Does anyone have a helpful hint to offer?

• julienicholls72julienicholls72 Posts: 28
    edited February 2019

I've sent an email to [email protected] cause I'm not getting anywhere. I have managed just one successful render with a photo face, but it's hit n miss whether the eye holes line up on both gen 3 and 8 most of the time. This is not a cheap add on. I have downloaded the 'fix' as checked further up the thread, and am awaiting further help via email. If not, I will ask for a refund. This is a fabulous idea in theory, it's got too many bugs for it to work successfully at this moment, unless I'm a complete numpty, and missing something.

Post edited by julienicholls72 on
  • lmaischak said:

I can't install HeadShop OneClick2, because it wants a product key from me, and I have no idea where to locate that.

SInce noobody else seems to have had that issue, I am thinking I may be missing something obvious.

Does anyone have a helpful hint to offer?

Check the Serial Numbers tab on your Account page here.

• d32un3dd32un3d Posts: 22

OK, SOOOO, I've Installed HeadShop 11 multiple times, reinstalled (Repeat-Reapeat-Repeat-Reapeat-Repeat-Reapeat-etc...) - and yet, I cannot get a freaking mesh to generate! I have copied all installed files to the following directory locations (JUST INCASE!):

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D

​______________________________________________

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\HeadShop plugin

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\HeadShop plugin

Everything works until I engage the "Apply" button. Then I keep getting the messages in the attached pics & then the Genesis 8 model looses the head & torso geometry.

What in the world am I missing here?!!! I even followed a General Install video on YouTube. But I cannot find a Video, PDF, or Pic file anywhere to show exactly where each file should be located.

Please HELP!

No Daz Model 01.JPG
    517 x 351 - 31K
    No Daz Model 02.JPG
    469 x 196 - 26K
    No Daz Model 04.JPG
    456 x 170 - 17K
    No Daz Model 05.JPG
    616 x 571 - 23K
  • AeonmoonAeonmoon Posts: 53
    edited March 2019

It appears that I have more or less the same problem as user "d32un3d" just above this post.

I bought HeadShop 11 today and have had problems installing the software.

The files appear to be in the right places, but since I have a custom Daz Studio installation, HeadShop is not finding the correct path to the standard Daz characters.

On top of this issue, there might be some extra issues as a result of the Daz Connect/Cloud system, just thought I'd mention that.

Error message: "Daz model not found".

I would suggest for the developer to add a text-box where the user can see either a working path to the necessary folders/models/resources,

or an input field and/or browse functionality to manually set the correct path. This would be useful in cases where the user have a custom installation.

Apart from that, I haven't found anything regarding HeadShop 11 in Daz Studio, there is no link from the "Edit" menu or other reference to HeadShop.

There is no plug-in showing up in the plug-in list in Daz Studio either.

As I said, the HeadShop files appear to be in the correct locations as are laid out in the documentation.

I have only started HeadShop from the .exe file, since there is no menu available in Daz Studio.

Model_not_found.png
    830 x 605 - 135K
    exception.png
    447 x 336 - 28K
    exception2.png
    1347 x 713 - 92K
    Post edited by Aeonmoon on
  • Please read the README file (enclosed here and also in your zip file).

Also watch install video eher: 

Lastly, the manual also gives you installation instructions https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/HeadShop11manual.pdf

pdf
    pdf
    README!3.pdf
  • d32un3dd32un3d Posts: 22
    Aeonmoon said:

It appears that I have more or less the same problem as user "d32un3d" just above this post.

I bought HeadShop 11 today and have had problems installing the software.

The files appear to be in the right places, but since I have a custom Daz Studio installation, HeadShop is not finding the correct path to the standard Daz characters.

On top of this issue, there might be some extra issues as a result of the Daz Connect/Cloud system, just thought I'd mention that.

Error message: "Daz model not found".

I would suggest for the developer to add a text-box where the user can see either a working path to the necessary folders/models/resources,

or an input field and/or browse functionality to manually set the correct path. This would be useful in cases where the user have a custom installation.

Apart from that, I haven't found anything regarding HeadShop 11 in Daz Studio, there is no link from the "Edit" menu or other reference to HeadShop.

There is no plug-in showing up in the plug-in list in Daz Studio either.

As I said, the HeadShop files appear to be in the correct locations as are laid out in the documentation.

I have only started HeadShop from the .exe file, since there is no menu available in Daz Studio.

I actually figured out how to get the plugin to work within DAZ, but still discovered exact same issue of "DAZ Model not find"...& I have since confirmed that all files are in the correct locations (data path)... I returned Abelone's FaceGen 2 due to horribly inaccurate results. Looks like I'm gonna have to do the same with HeadShopp 11 - & prolly just avoid Abelobne products in the future. Sigh...

Quick question: 

I've installed HeadShop 11 for the general release version of DS 4.12 and it works, etc., but it doesn't show up in 4.12 Beta.  Not a big deal but would that have to be a separate install or is some other step needed?

• DAZ Studio beta has different file names and may not work with HeadShop. Better wait for release version.

That's fine.  Just wanted to confirm.