bunny girl & cat girl for Genesis (products insight needed)

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I need some insight on these products

It's about the limbs, ears, ect

For these morphs/characters, can I dial the ears in by themselves, or does the whole character load?

I'm wondering because I'm more interesting in the ears of these characters.

Comments

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,429
    edited December 1969

The ears are geo-grafted, not morphed. They can be put onto any Genesis shape.

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So...I can have a normal looking human, and attach the ears onto them, without having the bunny/cat limbs being placed on?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited September 2013

Technically speaking, yes. However might distort on extreme shapes that they were not designed for..

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

So, what is the difference between geo-grafted and a morph?

edited December 1969

Geografted is a piece of Geometry that conforms to the figure, its not a morph..Its like an attachment..

edited December 1969

alright

thanks for the answers

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Also, they're not going to match a texture they didn't come with around the base, but if there's hair on that might not matter.

edited September 2013

Yes. One downside to Geografting is texture blending from the geo item and the texture on your figure. Can be resolved slightly by making a transmap to blend it in, but that only works in some cases.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

A trans map wont work directly as the GeoGraft replaces parts of the base mesh not just sits on top of it. Using a trans map as a blend mask with LIE might work.

edited December 1969

I did it for the four arms and hid the torso area with a transmap so the arms blended perfectly into any texture set I applied to the figure. Like I said, it depends on the geografted item.