Problem with G2F cloth fitting

dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi, I'm having an issue while fitting clothing to G2F. The odd thing is it has worked fine up until recent, I'm not sure what happened. What is happening is, when the dialog pops up, no matter which option I choose, i.e. Genesis, Victoria 4, Victoria 4 Skirts, the second option always has none. It doesn't get in the way too much, but I have a feeling it will. I've tried using the install manager to uninstall Genesis 2 and reinstalling it, I've reinstalled Daz Studio and nothing seems to help. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Here is a screen shot of whats going on. Note this problem is just with G2F and everything else works fine.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm.. I'm a bit lost as to what you have shown here. Lacy Dress for Genesis should Auto Fit to G2F just fine. You can not fit it to V4 just becuase you have V4 for G2F. The items only work forward not backward. Are you Loading the Dress from a content folder Mapped to DS4+ ?

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited September 2013

I used to have options, it doesn't matter what I try to put on her (as long as it isn't G2F). I was just trying on that item, it doesn't matter what I use. And yeah I have V4 to G2F. I used to get options when putting an item on that wasn't specifically for G2F, now it always says 'none' on the second box. Things usually Auto-fit fine but it might be a problem with skirts and shoes.

Post edited by dakkuuan on
    edited December 1969

Have you Started using DIM and then did a Search for Content? I have seen that cause this before I think. Can you post a Screen of the Content Library Tab with nothing expanded and Your Content Directory Manager as well?

edited September 2013

Sorry for the long delay in the reply, work's kept me busy. Here is what I think you are asking for.

problem2.png
    1360 x 768 - 268K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You have 'nested' library paths in Poser Format. It would be helpful if you did expand Content Directory Manager so the whole path can be seen.

edited September 2013

Yeah I'm using DiM and here are the screen shots I think your asking for. Sorry for the low res of my screen, this is what happens when your powerful desktop is connected to a 720p TV lol.

edited December 1969

You can NOT have a content Library inside a Content Library. That is 100% Broken.

edited September 2013

I changed it so the poser runtime looks as it should and it still didn't fix the problem. I restarted Daz before I tried again. Any ideas?

Capture4.PNG
    1360 x 736 - 274K
    Post edited by dakkuuan on
    edited September 2013

You have NESTED content Folders. That BREAKS the content reader in DAZ Studio. You can have this...

My Library>
    ..Runtime>
    My DAZ 3D Library>
    ..Runtime>

You can not have this...
    My Library>
    ..My Library>
    ....Runtime>
    ..Runtime.

You have Content FOLDERS inside a Content Folder. That will not work.

edited December 1969

OPPS I forgot to Mention PLEASE do not POST images of Flesh tone figures. Grey skin is fine.

edited December 1969

Sorry, that's just G2f's default setup, I'll just delete her if I don't need her. I deleted all my poser runtimes (which were somehow found by the content search) and just readded the one. That's all I have in that screen shot. And there is no My Library folder for poser formats, that's just what it calls my runtime for some reason. So I'm not sure how I don't have what you are talking about.

edited December 1969

Here is a new screen shot of my Content Directory Manager. I've also got rid of any other folders that are named runtime and shouldn't be and it's still not working.

Capture5.PNG
    1360 x 736 - 313K
    edited December 1969

The projection templates are either missing or not where they should be. Do a search for "Projection Templates" on your harddrive.

edited December 1969

Here is what is coming up. They seem like they are there, but Daz isn't seeing them. It asks me if I want to fit for Genesis, V4, V4 with skirts and the fit usually works, but the second option is always none. I have even tried uninstalling G2F and to no avail. No idea what to do next.

Capture6.PNG
    1360 x 736 - 199K
    edited September 2013

Everything you have shown so far is only Parts of the Parts needed to figure out what the problem is.

We need to see the Content Directory Manager expanded to show the FULL paths listed. Not the ones shown with the ends cut off.
    We need to see the Library folder you are using OPENED and captured to the END of the folder list.
    We never said a thing about moving or deleting the Runtime folder or Runtime folders.

I need to see this.. and this... For you it will be TWO folders where I show my one.

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    Capture1.png
    521 x 959 - 90K
    edited December 1969

I've figured out the problem (kinda). I basically renamed my current library and reinstalled Daz and all of my Daz acquired content. Everything worked fine until I put my old content back. So yes, the problem is in those folders, Here are those shots you wanted.

Capture10.PNG
    1360 x 736 - 197K
    Capture8.PNG
    648 x 463 - 54K
    edited December 1969

You need to list BOTH folders as POSER format just like you listed BOTH as DAZ Studio Format. You are so close this time.

edited December 1969

You say you are using DIM and yet in the projection template search there are a lot of "Content" folders that DIM would not have installed. At this point the easiest solution would be to delete your libraries and start over. I suggest you install all content to the Public library and use the User library for saving your personal files only.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I've come to that conclusion myself. I guess I had a bit of memory lap and I think I started using DIM when G2F came out. I'll see what I can salvage from my current library, thanks guys.