What is Project Evolution?

What is Project Evolution?  I saw things mentioning Project Evolution, but what is it?  is it free?

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

It's not free. It's a figure for Poser, made by a guy named Erogenesis.

Laurie

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    AllenArt said:

It's not free. It's a figure for Poser, made by a guy named Erogenesis.

Laurie

I guess it is a female figure too? Okay I have enough female figures for Poser but not enough male figures.

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

I guess it is a female figure too? Okay I have enough female figures for Poser but not enough male figures.

It is, at cgbytes (and their 'other' site)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Sharra Muse over at Rendo was using her as the main promo figure for a while. Turns up in a lot of the landscape models. Usually with a blonde wig. Been out for quite a while now.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

The creator publicly announced last spring/summer that he is 
    "Not a businessman" and will be "outsourcing" further development
     of the figure.

In light of the new LaFemme figure, from Blackhearted,Nerd3D and Smith Micro.
    I  would imagine that project E will soon be forgotten by the poser loyalists.cool

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    wolf359 said:

of the figure.

I  would imagine that project E will soon be forgotten by the poser loyalists.cool

It's a shame really, I know Ero put a lot of work into her. And I do really like the figure, but I don't use poser unfortunately
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    dragotx said:
    wolf359 said:

of the figure.

It's a shame really, I know Ero put a lot of work into her. And I do really like the figure, but I don't use poser unfortunately

I always feel bad when a creator releases a standalone figure since as a modeler I know how much work went into it and they usually don't get the support they want/need after release.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928

I bought it and it is indeed a great character with realistic bends, but it would have been much more successful if released as a free base with separate morphs for sale like with Mill/genesis... 

edited February 2019
    dragotx said:
    wolf359 said:

of the figure.

I always feel bad when a creator releases a standalone figure since as a modeler I know how much work went into it and they usually don't get the support they want/need after release.

Well to be frank it was over hyped as the  "Genesis killer" in the poser forums.
    and promised a V4 "clothing converter" that when finally revealed was
    effectively a labor intensive a manual re-rig of each V4 Clothing mesh with posers existing 
    archaic rigging tools ( not the fitting room)

Most of the vendors opted to just make generic Cloth room "dresses"
    for  dynamic draping

It was shelved at least two times before finally being
    released for sale at an offsite commercial website (CG bytes )
    with which the creator had an existing financial relationship.

By the time it became available at the Renderosity store,
    All but the few true beleivers had  retreated  back to the familiar comfort
    of V4 and there was even a new  re-rig of V4 called "Sasha 16"

And now with LaFemme and its Official Smith Micro ,Validated status as the new Default
    poser female,
    I fully expect "project E" to  soon take its place in the ash bin of poser
    history as did Antonia and the other "saviour"figures of the past.

A text book case of poor strategic planning and the folly of expecting
    Anti-Daz sentiment to carry the day.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

One of the big selling points of PE was that it had highly detailed intergrated gens. (sorry.. anatomical elements), and not a stuck-on geo-graft.

I begged Ero to think about DS rather than Poser, but the project was so far along it would have been too big a change of course, starting again from scratch really.

Considering he made PE in Malawi (Africa) with intermittent electricity supply, and during the process of emigrating to the UK, he did a pretty good job.

edited February 2019

I begged Ero to think about DS rather than Poser, 

If you are so inclined to read through the (now dead) ,albeit massive,
    development thread at rosity ,you will find the usual snipes at genesis and Daz
    the company including statements from "Ero" such as: 

"I want people to know they will no longer have to deal with 
    some company in Draper Utah" (paraphrasing).

Thats fine ,But it does not make for an effective long term market strategy.

Notice the Makers of LaFemme have quite wisely kept their marketing and forum comments positive 
    and 100 percent Poser 11 focused&poser content market focused.

Of course they make comparisons to V4 as V4 is the prevailing
    12 year old, Defacto poser native figure they wish to supplant.

Attacking the extemely well  developed Genesis Framework is ultimately counter productive
     Unless you have a truly superior equivalent in all aspects.
    ( including  modern content dev tools and a viable pipeline to the major game engines)
    and frankly Project Evolution was not even close.frown

Even Reallusion has conceded that ,at best, they can only vaguely Co-opt genesis Character shapes
    onto Iclone Avatars in their CC3 program  and have made their focus more on
    the $137 Billion dollar game Industry.
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/04/30/newzoo-global-games-expected-to-hit-180-1-billion-in-revenues-2021/

Not wasting time trying to "defeat" DAZ inc. with detailed  female genitals.

Post edited by wolf359 on