[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• So, I'm having a bit of a problem with this.  I got some things to transfer just fine.  A lot of my older stuff I had to "force convert".  

First problem:  It will let me add a directory, but if I navigate to the folder of the item it just says there are no files.  So, I can't just pull in one outfit.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.  I was thinking I would just go to runtime/libraries/character/folder with the outfit.  I'm doing that by "adding files", but it just isn't working for me.   I can add, however, the huge top directory.  There are some I need to reconvert, but after 7 hours of it yesterday, I just want to pull in say Malaika or Vandra.  Not all the other stuff and have to pick it out. 

Second problem:  Pose handles don't go away?  I can't make them invisible.  The loin cloth is from Freya, the white gown is Lady of the Lake gown, and the other picture is Tatiana. I used the loin cloth and dress conformers as needed.  If I have a material to put on them, the pose handles goes away.  However, if I don't, like for Tatiana, I can't get the handles to go away.    When I try the surface selection tool, it highlights the clothing item.  With the Freya loin cloth, the green thing didn't go away with a new material.  The first time I did "Lady of the Lake" these pose handles weren't there.  I used my old Poser runtime that live separately from Poser.  However, since the way wouldn't convert a lot of the items, I tried it from the place inside Studio.  This next go around Lady of the Lake has pose handles there that I can't "turn off" unless I apply a material.  

Third problem:  Some of my things loaded as grey boxes.  I have no idea what that was about.  It looked to convert just fine, and then it was grey box sadness.  Thus, why I want to try to re-do some of the things in smaller batches.  Like the outfit Malaika, the skirt was just squares, but the shirt and the bracers were OK.  I think the boots were grey squares too.  I can't remember at this point if I had to force convert the stuff.  Some of the VAL3D stuff was half and half.  A lot of my stuff it just "zips past" and says it performed on 0 clothing items.  

Some things I got at Renderosity.  Like the SAV Dragon Lady Dress.  And the Desert Queen outfit.  However, the DAZ and RDNA stuff at this point are all install manager installs.  

I really like how the converter makes the stuff work better than the auto-fit even with the extra templates....I just need to figure out what the heck is going on with the pose handles and how I can do say only 1 outfit at a time.  

Thanks. 

freya cloth handle problem.PNG
    246 x 234 - 87K
    lady gown handles.PNG
    596 x 720 - 201K
    titania issue.PNG
    478 x 682 - 379K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited May 2019

Well I'm not sure about the other issues but getting the pose handles to disappear I can help with . Click on the item with handles go to the Surface tab and open the item it should show Handles and just reduce the Opacity .......I use 3DL ,so I'm not sure what it's called in Iray

Only pick one item to do if that's all you want use "add files" instead of add directory  then just select it as well as check it then do convert

Just looking at the first problem are you placing the converted clothes directory under "runtime"?

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited May 2019

So, I'm having a bit of a problem with this.  I got some things to transfer just fine.  A lot of my older stuff I had to "force convert".  

First problem:  It will let me add a directory, but if I navigate to the folder of the item it just says there are no files.  So, I can't just pull in one outfit.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong there.  I was thinking I would just go to runtime/libraries/character/folder with the outfit.  I'm doing that by "adding files", but it just isn't working for me.   I can add, however, the huge top directory.  There are some I need to reconvert, but after 7 hours of it yesterday, I just want to pull in say Malaika or Vandra.  Not all the other stuff and have to pick it out. 

Second problem:  Pose handles don't go away?  I can't make them invisible.  The loin cloth is from Freya, the white gown is Lady of the Lake gown, and the other picture is Tatiana. I used the loin cloth and dress conformers as needed.  If I have a material to put on them, the pose handles goes away.  However, if I don't, like for Tatiana, I can't get the handles to go away.    When I try the surface selection tool, it highlights the clothing item.  With the Freya loin cloth, the green thing didn't go away with a new material.  The first time I did "Lady of the Lake" these pose handles weren't there.  I used my old Poser runtime that live separately from Poser.  However, since the way wouldn't convert a lot of the items, I tried it from the place inside Studio.  This next go around Lady of the Lake has pose handles there that I can't "turn off" unless I apply a material.  

Third problem:  Some of my things loaded as grey boxes.  I have no idea what that was about.  It looked to convert just fine, and then it was grey box sadness.  Thus, why I want to try to re-do some of the things in smaller batches.  Like the outfit Malaika, the skirt was just squares, but the shirt and the bracers were OK.  I think the boots were grey squares too.  I can't remember at this point if I had to force convert the stuff.  Some of the VAL3D stuff was half and half.  A lot of my stuff it just "zips past" and says it performed on 0 clothing items.  

Some things I got at Renderosity.  Like the SAV Dragon Lady Dress.  And the Desert Queen outfit.  However, the DAZ and RDNA stuff at this point are all install manager installs.  

I really like how the converter makes the stuff work better than the auto-fit even with the extra templates....I just need to figure out what the heck is going on with the pose handles and how I can do say only 1 outfit at a time.  

Thanks. 

The "Force Convert" is normal.  Most V4 stuff has bad metadata.  

1. This works for me.  I click "Add Directory...", select the "Runtime\Libraries\Character\30sEverydayDress" folder, and it will find 3 items.  What does the log say?
    2. You need to hide the surface handles from rendering.  Usually, there is a surface called "Handles" or similar.  Find it, and then set Cutout Opacity (Iray) or Opacity (3DL) to 0%.  I've gotten annoyed hiding those things so I made up a couple scripts to hide/show any material with the word "handle" in it in the scene.  You're welcome to use them.  They are available at the top post of this thread.
    3. Sickleyield and I have not figured out why this occurs.  Usually, if you reconvert those items it will get fixed.
    Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

i have a question toward "helms", normally the body parts of the armor work fine, but when i try to convert helms, normally the script don't recognize then, like if the directory have let's say 5 armor pieces(counting the helm) it only recognize 4 and can't find the helm even if i try to use the local file or directory, it's just say it can't work, it means which they need to be converted as "hair)(using hair converter)???

Ellessarr said:

i have a question toward "helms", normally the body parts of the armor work fine, but when i try to convert helms, normally the script don't recognize then, like if the directory have let's say 5 armor pieces(counting the helm) it only recognize 4 and can't find the helm even if i try to use the local file or directory, it's just say it can't work, it means which they need to be converted as "hair)(using hair converter)???

Usually helms are props.  You can use them directly with Auto-Fit.  I am working on a props converter but I have been stuck with a DS bug in saving hierarchical poses.

• carrie58 said:

Well I'm not sure about the other issues but getting the pose handles to disappear I can help with . Click on the item with handles go to the Surface tab and open the item it should show Handles and just reduce the Opacity .......I use 3DL ,so I'm not sure what it's called in Iray

Only pick one item to do if that's all you want use "add files" instead of add directory  then just select it as well as check it then do convert

Just looking at the first problem are you placing the converted clothes directory under "runtime"?

Thanks, I will try to fiddle with the handles.  I couldn't find something to make them "invisible".  I was tired and probably just overlooked it. LOL.  I *can* surface select them!  

I'm putting the new converted clothing under the path for Genesis 8 Female, V4 converted clothing.  The manual suggested saving the new items somewhere where it wouldn't overwite things.  This way I can go to my content library folders and find the items I want quicker because they are all there in that folder.      

When I try to "add files" or "add directory" to set up where the script gets the items that is where it tells me there is no clothing item.  For instance, I have no problems going in there and gettiing the script panel to load 

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\character where the old  stuff "lives"

However if I say want to add just one item like this item:

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\libraries\character\3D Universe - Teen Ashley

When I choose that folder it's empty and won't let me import.  But if I do the WHOLE thing...all my "characters" it pulls that in.  

Surely I'm just clicking on something wrong?  

• So, I'm having a bit of a problem with this.  I got some things to transfer just fine.  A lot of my older stuff I had to "force convert".  

Thanks. 

1. This works for me.  I click "Add Directory...", select the "Runtime\Libraries\Character\30sEverydayDress" folder, and it will find 3 items.  What does the log say?
    2. You need to hide the surface handles from rendering.  Usually, there is a surface called "Handles" or similar.  Find it, and then set Cutout Opacity (Iray) or Opacity (3DL) to 0%.  I've gotten annoyed hiding those things so I made up a couple scripts to hide/show any material with the word "handle" in it in the scene.  You're welcome to use them.  They are available at the top post of this thread.
    3. Sickleyield and I have not figured out why this occurs.  Usually, if you reconvert those items it will get fixed.

Oh, I will go and get said script to remove the handles.  Thank you for the information.  Those pose handles were really the one thing that bummed me out LOL!  I will see about reconverting the ones I had trouble with.  I literally spent 10 hours converting stuff just for V4 LOL.  

And I went to go get the log, but it was gone.  However, NOW the script is allowing me to add individual items.  frown  Maybe it just loaded funny.  

So, problem solved I believe!  Now if I can just get the empty things out of the smart panel all my annoyances (this week) will be solved.  

Thank you all for your help! 

missing info.PNG
    233 x 146 - 6K

So, I'm having a bit of a problem with this.  I got some things to transfer just fine.  A lot of my older stuff I had to "force convert".  

Thanks. 

Oh, I will go and get said script to remove the handles.  Thank you for the information.  Those pose handles were really the one thing that bummed me out LOL!  I will see about reconverting the ones I had trouble with.  I literally spent 10 hours converting stuff just for V4 LOL.  

And I went to go get the log, but it was gone.  However, NOW the script is allowing me to add individual items.  frown  Maybe it just loaded funny.  

So, problem solved I believe!  Now if I can just get the empty things out of the smart panel all my annoyances (this week) will be solved.  

Thank you all for your help! 

Gremlins smiley  I am glad it is working for you now.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

Forgive me for not reading all 338 replies, but how to people figure out what your Victoria 4 content even is?

I have loads of old content, but a lot of it just is in a path like "runtime\figures\JoeVendor\LittleBlackDress" with no indication of whether it was Vicky 4 or Aiko 3 or The Girl 2. And since it's almost all in Poser format, installed without metadata, I just mostly end up giving up on figuring out what those outfits are. Sometimes even Google searches don't help if the name of the outfit is too generic.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    edited June 2019

How can I assign textures to converted clothing?

converted clothing.png
    537 x 480 - 55K
    Post edited by dougj on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050
    edited June 2019
    dougj said:

Is there a fix for converted cloths that don't have any textures after conversion?

Did the original clothes load with textures? Quite a few V4 items didn't, you had to apply materials after loading them.

Post edited by Leana on
  • dougjdougj Posts: 92
    Leana said:
    dougj said:

Is there a fix for converted cloths that don't have any textures after conversion?

Did the original clothes load with textures? Quite a few V4 items didn't, you had to apply materials after loading them.

No, I just realized they didn't have textures before converting. 

JonnyRay said:

Forgive me for not reading all 338 replies, but how to people figure out what your Victoria 4 content even is?

I have loads of old content, but a lot of it just is in a path like "runtime\figures\JoeVendor\LittleBlackDress" with no indication of whether it was Vicky 4 or Aiko 3 or The Girl 2. And since it's almost all in Poser format, installed without metadata, I just mostly end up giving up on figuring out what those outfits are. Sometimes even Google searches don't help if the name of the outfit is too generic.

I wish I knew sad  I am lucky in that I got into DS later and never bought any V3 or before items.  At least for V4/M4 it is all under the Character folder. Unfortunately, unless someone else has a better idea, it will be a case of trial and error.

dougj said:
    Leana said:
    dougj said:

No, I just realized they didn't have textures before converting. 

Thanks @Leana for the help.  smiley  If the originals didn't load with textures, the converted items won't.  You have to apply materials.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    JonnyRay said:

I wish I knew sad  I am lucky in that I got into DS later and never bought any V3 or before items.  At least for V4/M4 it is all under the Character folder. Unfortunately, unless someone else has a better idea, it will be a case of trial and error.

That's what I kind of figured. I've been doing this since 2006; so I have things for LOTs of the older generation of characters. Not all from Daz's store either. Standards were something we dreamed of in the early days. :) 

I also made things "worse" in this case because since I was only a Daz Studio user and didn't use Poser, I would move folders and files around in ways that made sense to me. Sometimes even renaming them. If I'd only known what an issue I was causing for myself down the road...

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    JonnyRay said:

I used a really laborious method: I went to DAZ Store, picked People and Wearables - Clothing and Accessories then from the "Figure" drop-down I picked V4/Aiko 4/ (all the 4's) then using Ati's add-on I did "Show owned only" then used copy/paste into a text file and with a text editor I removed all but the product name, printed out that list and I'm (still!) working through it. Of course anything removed from the store doesn't appear, nor does content from other sources.

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited June 2019

Here is Fantasy Ranger for V4 by Xurge3d converted to G8

Fantasy Ranger V4 converted 2.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by greymouser69 on
    MelanieL said:
    JonnyRay said:

I used a really laborious method: I went to DAZ Store, picked People and Wearables - Clothing and Accessories then from the "Figure" drop-down I picked V4/Aiko 4/ (all the 4's) then using Ati's add-on I did "Show owned only" then used copy/paste into a text file and with a text editor I removed all but the product name, printed out that list and I'm (still!) working through it. Of course anything removed from the store doesn't appear, nor does content from other sources.

That would help.  Thanks for sharing.

Here is Fantasy Ranger for V4 by Xurge3d converted to G8

It looks good!  Thank you for sharing.

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

I have successfully converted the Corset dress and the Leotard and Workout shorts

I used Gingham and stripes iray shaders to texture the dress. Great textures in this product.

sueya said:

I have successfully converted the Corset dress and the Leotard and Workout shorts

I used Gingham and stripes iray shaders to texture the dress. Great textures in this product.

Thank you for sharing!

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,115
    I don't know if this has been asked, but will deleting the original .CR2 files from my Runtime affect the generated G8 conversions?
    I don't know if this has been asked, but will deleting the original .CR2 files from my Runtime affect the generated G8 conversions?

The .CR2 files shouldn't themselves be a problem, though I haven't tried it. You need to make sure you keep the materials though.

I haven't been able to convert Button down dress for v4. When I try to add the files I get a message which says "No clothing items found". Is it possible to convert this dress?

I have also had similar problems with other Evil Innocence clothes.

sueya said:

I haven't been able to convert Button down dress for v4. When I try to add the files I get a message which says "No clothing items found". Is it possible to convert this dress?

Have you tried the "Add Files" button?  with the "Check Content Type..." option unchecked?

sueya said:

Have you tried the "Add Files" button?  with the "Check Content Type..." option unchecked?

NoI haven't tried that. Will do this and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the advice. As you can see I managed to convert two Evil Innocence dresses.

sueya said:

Thanks for the advice. As you can see I managed to convert two Evil Innocence dresses.

Great!  I am glad that worked for you.

I also managed to convert the Button Down dress and this free sundress by Evil Innocence

• KlaudMKlaudM Posts: 68
    edited July 2019

Is there a way to convert Tiny Bikini III by 3D-Age?

I tried everything but I can't go over "Conformer Not Found".

10:49:50 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale): WARNING: Forcing Conversion of Clothing Items

10:49:50 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale): Executing Script

10:49:50 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale): Selecting Preset:

10:49:52 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale): Execution Complete.

Post edited by KlaudM on