The Woolyloach Come Home Complaint Thread

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
edited October 2013 in The Commons

...packaging complaint:

These engineers must really get a kick out of making life difficult.

First are the round bottom tins they started using. with anything thick like refried beans, chili, & the such the usual method I used was after the can was opened, to pierce the bottom of the can. That broke the "vacuum lock" and allowed the contents to smoothly slide out into the pot leaving almost no waste. With these new tins you have to spend time scooping everything out, which usually would not get it all. Also, these tins cannot be flattened so they take up more room in the recycle bin.

Next, those inner "safety" linings in jars and bottles. Even the ones which have the "easy pull tab" never work, as they usually only remove the top layer leaving the rest of the seal still covering the mouth of the container making it even more difficult to remove.

Then there is the classic package with the "easy open" strip along the side (like a bag of crisps or plastic wrapped block of cheese). Well it would be "easy open" if they didn't use glue that was strong enough to weld steel beams together. Pull too hard and..well, the cat get's your crisps as the bag explodes in your hand and they are now all over the floor.

Old thread http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27536/

Post edited by Jaderail on

Comments

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited September 2013

Hey congrats KK, you got post #1501 (^_^)d... (or post #1, when the mods wake up ;-) ).

Post edited by M F M on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited September 2013

...if it still weren't so early out here, I'd raise a pint.

Either:

...The Woolyloach Come Home Complaint Thread

or...

...The We Miss Woolyloach Complaint Thread

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i could really go for another 1/2 pot o coffee today. is it late afternoon or early evening? or i could make cappuccinos?

feeling a lil out of it. so much to render

is ps1 still sick?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I am going to have cake tonight.

edited December 1969

...going to make my Cajun fish tonight.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

why don't you go fishing yourself, instead of making someone else do it?

edited December 1969

...don't drive and the best fishing in these parts is nowhere near the city. Won't eat anything that comes out of the Willamette River, especially after it rains as the city here has this wonderful system called CSO, (Combined Sewer Outflow). The Columbia isn't much better either thanks to all the mills along the banks and further upriver, the Hanford Nuclear Reservation which is known to have leaking issues.

Don't think catfish are even a native species here.

As for perch and walleye, have to go clear to Idaho or Montana for that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

So you send the Cajun fishing for you, how does he get the fish back to you.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...don't drive and the best fishing in these parts is nowhere near the city. Won't eat anything that comes out of the Willamette River, especially after it rains as the city here has this wonderful system called CSO, (Combined Sewer Outflow). The Columbia isn't much better either thanks to all the mills along the banks and further upriver, the Hanford Nuclear Reservation which is known to have leaking issues.

If I'm not mistaken, catfish is native to everywhere in the world. Each area has a slight difference in the looks of them.

edited September 2013

chohole said:

...he flings it. (has a really good arm, tried to get the Green Bay Packers to sign him up). ;-)

Actually I go to the local fishmonger's to get it. Haven't seen Catfish at the regular super in almost a year and a half.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Easy...he poles a pirogue down the bayou. :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jambalaya_(On_the_Bayou)
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

they just started selling fresh catfish fillets in our stores. Can't believe it took all this time cause we are known for the good cat-fishing. We also have a lot of catfish farms.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

If I'm not mistaken, catfish is native to everywhere in the world. Each area has a slight difference in the looks of them.
    ...just checked on that and stand corrected. Channel Catfish (used in Cajun cooking) are usually found in the bigger rivers here (two of which I already mentioned above). Again not being able to drive really limits where one can go.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...just checked on that and stand corrected. Channel Catfish (used in Cajun cooking) are usually found in the bigger rivers here (two of which I already mentioned above). Again not being able to drive really limits where one can go.
    My farm has a creek as much of its border. I used to love to fish here when I was a kid. Now my feet and legs are too creaky to carry me the short distance there (pun intended, but sadly true).
    We have mud cat and channel cat; also bluegill, small-mouth bass, bream and sunfish. Lots of carp too, but who gives a carp? :)
    edited December 1969

i gave my buppy a towel to sleep with, so far he's scooped it into 2 different configurations, lays on it for 1/2 a minute, ixnays and he's going for a third try now.

edited December 1969

i gave my buppy a towel to sleep with, so far he's scooped it into 2 different configurations, lays on it for 1/2 a minute, ixnays and he's going for a third try now.

It's difficult to get comfy >_<</p>
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

My farm has a creek as much of its border. I used to love to fish here when I was a kid. Now my feet and legs are too creaky to carry me the short distance there (pun intended, but sadly true).
    We have mud cat and channel cat; also bluegill, small-mouth bass, bream and sunfish. Lots of carp too, but who gives a carp? :)

'so long, and thanks for the fish?'

'don't panic, mostly harmless'

edited December 1969

M F M said:

It's difficult to get comfy >_<</div>

lol, buppy thinks so too. he pushed the towel totally to the side now. iz chilly this evening. last year he tucked his nose under the blanket.

edited December 1969

I had a beagle when I was little. There was a straw mat that he would fold neatly into thirds. We would flatten it out when he wasn't lying on it, and he would just fold it back the exact same way. We gave up and gave in. :lol:
    Your buppy will eventually get the towel in a comfy shape, I'm sure.
    edited December 1969

....complaint time:

ESPN now requires a Farcebook account to participate in their on line "Gameday" discussions.

Non Complaint Time:

Green Bay beat up on Washington 38 - 20, Aaron Rodgers (the GB quarterback) threw for 441 yards and 4 touchdowns. Also had another good day on the ground ten First downs and a touchdown via the running play (the run game for GB has been sorely lacking the last couple seasons).

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....complaint time:

ESPN now requires a Farcebook account to participate in their on line "Gameday" discussions.

Non Complaint Time:

Green Bay beat up on Washington 38 - 20, Aaron Rodgers (the GB quarterback) threw for 441 yards and 4 touchdowns. Also had another good day on the ground ten First downs and a touchdown via the running play (the run game for GB has been sorely lacking the last couple seasons).

I hate when sites do that. Lucky for me I have 2 FB accounts, one that's completely fake that I use for stuff like that and I haven't actually checked in 2 years. The other I check once a month or so to touch base with family and old high school friends. Other than that I never visit facebook.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Complaint:
    eBots ignored me...again.

Dana

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Complaint:

Dana

Hmm... that happening lots to you. Have you checked that your Default DAZ 3D email is the proper one? I had two accounts until the POWER Admin's (I'm not of power level) fixed my account for me. That caused many error's including bots goofing up all the time. If you came over to this site from the old site it is possible you have two accounts as I did. Not saying you do but thought I'dd mention it.
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:
    Complaint:

Dana

Hmm... that happening lots to you. Have you checked that your Default DAZ 3D email is the proper one? I had two accounts until the POWER Admin's (I'm not of power level) fixed my account for me. That caused many error's including bots goofing up all the time. If you came over to this site from the old site it is possible you have two accounts as I did. Not saying you do but thought I'dd mention it.

I am not aware of having another account. I never made one, that is certain. I get my newsletters. This has happened on and off for years. They claimed that it wouldn't happen with the new software...but that was just another empty promise. I'm not the only one it happens to, either. I see a lot of complaints about this in various threads.

Dana

edited December 1969

...same here. I've only ever had one account. All my profile and account information is the same as it was when I first created it.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I'm back home, feeling not so bad :)

edited September 2013

Welcome back drop for Ps1 (^_^)n... kicked the flu?

(hopefully I can find a garden of tentacle eyeballs for the top of the scaffolding...)

test014b.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by M F M on
  • SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Extatic plesant day to you you all !!

I see loachy has a speacial thread in his honor, and somehow missing...
    Whats up, are there special temtational powers needed to lure him back in ?

Further updates,,, not mutch, my ongoing complaint is the same as ever,
    the cosmos needs to be redesigned to submit to my fancies, and I expect
    YOU"RE help to execute this plan, firstly I want the damn thing to stop expanding
    in ever faster rate, ultimately leaving every atom in existance alone with the rest
    of the universe speeding away faster then the speed of light, leeving every element
    in existance without hope to get a glimse of anything else in total blackness, and
    that depresses my facation traveling urges, further,, I'm rather content !

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Complaint:

Dana

They've not been ignoring you, they've just been busy with other things. It's not you, it's them. :)
This discussion has been closed.