The Woolyloach Come Home Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    i'm starting believe the Wooly really meant it this time.

...I'm beginning to feel the same. :down:

Shhhhhh...I want to believe he'll be back!

DanaFYI folks, the Wooly has gone his own way before and in some cases it has been months before the return. My fear is he will get the I'm not doing 3D any longer and go into one of his SELL everything kicks while he is gone. That too has happened in the past.

UPDATE: Still no tracking info on my PC. The four day test period must be in some place with different day lengths than mine.

Maybe they're testing on the Moon...it's day is about as long as it's year (revolution around the Earth), which is approximately 50 minutes longer than our day. (it rises 50 minutes later each day/night) One day they expect it to be in lockstep with our day...then only one side of the planet will ever see it.

No, that wouldn't make up enough time.

Dana

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Yeah it's a lot of lights, but when a certain effect or style is called for, UE alone really doesn't cut it.

I certainly agree there - it provides just one element of the overall lighting rig (for me, usually the ambient occlusion / overall illumination of the scene)... but I always end up adding a "barn-doored" long narrow spec light or two (for hair or skin), and possibly a few extra point lights or volume lights as well. Also when I discovered the Gamma Correct button on the Render Properties (and set that slider to 2.2)... was a major O.O moment for me X).

There really is no generic works-for-all-situations "Make Lighting" button (-_-)...

ETA@Misty: pancakes! \(^_^)/

OK, I forgot already...what does ETA mean? :red:

Dana

ETA = Edited To Add.

I use it but for some reason every time I read it I first see it as Estimated Time of Arrival :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

warm up a cold morning with pancakes or cream o wheat?

WEnt for a walk by the river but couldn't find any sunbeams to sit in waah :)

edited September 2013

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Yeah it's a lot of lights, but when a certain effect or style is called for, UE alone really doesn't cut it.

I certainly agree there - it provides just one element of the overall lighting rig (for me, usually the ambient occlusion / overall illumination of the scene)... but I always end up adding a "barn-doored" long narrow spec light or two (for hair or skin), and possibly a few extra point lights or volume lights as well. Also when I discovered the Gamma Correct button on the Render Properties (and set that slider to 2.2)... was a major O.O moment for me X).

There really is no generic works-for-all-situations "Make Lighting" button (-_-)...

I could make some lighting tutes if I get ideas about what people are interested in ? ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana
    Estimated Time of Arrival.
    Oh, and "edited to add".
    I know because I had to ask ps1borg once. :red:

Thanks. Geesh, I should be able to figure that out. I blame the week I've had. A lot of time outdoors working on landscaping, installing a nice new gate latch, removing it to put some solid white stain over the bare wood that I chiseled out to install it (there was no clearance between the gate and the post - not my fault, previous owner built it), reinstalling it, doing the edging. Damn Black & Decker Grass Hog is screwing up. Well, maybe it's not the machine...the string (why do they call it string, it's plastic?) keeps not feeding properly, and I have to open the cartridge and unwind it a little and put it back together. I never used to have this problem with their spools, but it has gotten worse and worse over the past two years. Quality is not job one over there anymore.

What was I talking about? Oh, yeah...ETA.

Dana

edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    DanaTA said:
    M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Dana

ETA = Edited To Add.

I use it but for some reason every time I read it I first see it as Estimated Time of Arrival :)

OK, that makes less sense...but I seem to remember it from the last time I asked a couple of months ago.

Dana

edited September 2013

Damn forum. First it wouldn't let me post, then it doubled my post. >:(

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited September 2013

M F M said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

There really is no generic works-for-all-situations "Make Lighting" button (-_-).../
    ...don't have access to the Barn Door controls as I don't have the Uber Spotlights. Again, a case of being on a fixed income.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

I think I may have it. :)

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=69253

A freebie, so the price is right. It's made for M4 but converts quite nicely to genesis. Includes some nice morphs and shirt and pants. The shoes don't transfer well, but they rarely do.
    The pictures, Genesis: the clothes are as you see them here, no smoothing modifiers added, no morphs or adjustments on the clothes.
    On David 5, zero pose, and posed. looks pretty good to me, and the price is right. :)

...got it, will try it out. thanks.
    edited September 2013

Jaderail said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    i'm starting believe the Wooly really meant it this time.

...I'm beginning to feel the same. :down:

Shhhhhh...I want to believe he'll be back!

DanaFYI folks, the Wooly has gone his own way before and in some cases it has been months before the return. My fear is he will get the I'm not doing 3D any longer and go into one of his SELL everything kicks while he is gone. That too has happened in the past.

UPDATE: Still no tracking info on my PC. The four day test period must be in some place with different day lengths than mine.
    ...the trouble with that is most EULA's prohibit the reselling content and licences.

edited September 2013

...tjohn, thanks for the link that was "just what the doctor ordered".

Yeah, just burned out on searching last night. When I put in "lab coat" as a target in the Rendo freebie search, all I got was a very basic one with no rigging.

Also was looking for a pencil (I'm surprised nobody did just a basic #2 pencil, had to retexture a .obj freebie I got from Turbosquid) and a slide rule. The only slide rule I found was in 3DS format and they wanted 30$ for it.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Complaint: Vue 11 just crashed on me while adjusting a mesa o.O. Note to nobody in particular - don't get the false impression that just because there are packages out there that Cost Serious $$$s, they are any less susceptible to crashes like our little freebie DS. The only thing all that $$$ buys you is a decent manual, and _possibly_ some sort of immediate bugfix team (I'm not on the maintenance plan, so I don't get that).

Non-complaint: the PA coupon worked a second time for me \(^_^)/.

Carry on (~_~)n

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited September 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

Yeah, just burned out on searching last night. When I put in "lab coat" as a target in the Rendo freebie search, all I got was a very basic one with no rigging.

Also was looking for a pencil (I'm surprised nobody did just a basic #2 pencil, had to retexture a .obj freebie I got from Turbosquid) and a slide rule. The only slide rule I found was in 3DS format and they wanted 30$ for it.

Glad you could use it. I think it was written as Labcoat, Search there apparently won't parse a word, and the creator didn't add the keywords "Lab" or "Coat". I found it by searching the Freepository Forum here, LOL.
    Speaking of pencils, though, wasn't this originally a weekly freebie? I purchased it, but I usually only buy things like this when I have a use in mind - but FREE? Bam, in the cart, :)

http://www.daz3d.com/school-supplies

Post edited by TJohn on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

eh eh eh eh nooooo the alarm clock, please say it ain't soooo

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

KK: select teh human, Create>New Geometry Shell..., apply a Push Modifier to it and set the value of that to be sufficient to cure the poke-through, then collide the clothing with that instead of with the real figure and set the shell's materials to fully transparent.

edited December 1969

Would be nice to have a donkey to carry the shopping around

FJsml.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 286K
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Complaint: Vue 11 just crashed on me while adjusting a mesa o.O. Note to nobody in particular - don't get the false impression that just because there are packages out there that Cost Serious $$$s, they are any less susceptible to crashes like our little freebie DS. The only thing all that $$$ buys you is a decent manual, and _possibly_ some sort of immediate bugfix team (I'm not on the maintenance plan, so I don't get that).

Non-complaint: the PA coupon worked a second time for me \(^_^)/.

Carry on (~_~)n

Would pay for DS if I could :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Damn forum. First it wouldn't let me post, then it doubled my post. >:(

Dana

Twice the enjoyment hey :lol:

edited December 1969

eh eh eh eh nooooo the alarm clock, please say it ain't soooo

Is all just a dream :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Glad you could use it. I think it was written as Labcoat, Search there apparently won't parse a word, and the creator didn't add the keywords "Lab" or "Coat". I found it by searching the Freepository Forum here, LOL.
    Speaking of pencils, though, wasn't this originally a weekly freebie? I purchased it, but I usually only buy things like this when I have a use in mind - but FREE? Bam, in the cart, :)

Yeah, School Supplies was the PC weekly freebie a few weeks back. I always snap those up even if I don't have a use for them right now.

edited December 1969

OMG, don't tell me it's not Friday yet. sigh sigh sigh

edited December 1969

almost...

s.png
    185 x 100 - 21K
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry to inform you that...no, not gonna do it, too cruel.
    It's Friday across the pond, I think.
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

The store would have to have w i d e aisles, though. :)
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Would need carrots. Lots of carrots :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Would need carrots. Lots of carrots :)

And a much larger version of those clean up stations in the pet stores :)

edited December 1969

there's a real sweet donkey at the long island petting zoo in Manorville. her name is Gabriella.

haz a picture somewhere, bums, she's not on the flashdrive i brought today.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

KK: select teh human, Create>New Geometry Shell..., apply a Push Modifier to it and set the value of that to be sufficient to cure the poke-through, then collide the clothing with that instead of with the real figure and set the shell's materials to fully transparent.

I was thing of this very same solution for his problem, but I did not have time to verify it would work.. glad to know it does... adding this to my DS tip and tricks word document.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2013

Nice render ps1borg. I like the lighting.

When I start Daz Studio 4.6, I do not see the import metadata dialog box. I might have to reset the preferences or reinstall Daz Studio. Those two actions don't solve my problem, then I will create a new thread on another sub-forum.

edit: forgot to attach screenshot

studio_startup.jpg
    408 x 195 - 24K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

My order page says August 28th.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.