Multiple UVs on one surface

I was wondering if, using an IRAY shader in DS, it is possible to 'mix' two UVs on a surface, for example using one UV for Base Color, and another UV for Diffuse Overlay Color.

If I'm not mistaken, it is possible to do something similar in the game engines, so you can both use a tiled texture for a wall, and a 'stencil' texture for adding some patches of dirt on it...

Maybe in DAZ Studio it is possible editing the IRAY shader in Shader Mixer?

Comments

• meipe said:

I was wondering if, using an IRAY shader in DS, it is possible to 'mix' two UVs on a surface, for example using one UV for Base Color, and another UV for Diffuse Overlay Color.

If I'm not mistaken, it is possible to do something similar in the game engines, so you can both use a tiled texture for a wall, and a 'stencil' texture for adding some patches of dirt on it...

Maybe in DAZ Studio it is possible editing the IRAY shader in Shader Mixer?

No, UV iss till a surface setting rather than an image setting as it is in some other applications. You can, however, adjust tiling per image in the Image Editor dialogue when using the Iray Uber Base shader (as far as I know it's a feature of that shader) which may give what you want in this instance.

• meipemeipe Posts: 101

Ok, understood, one tiling for Base Color, another tiling for Diffuse Overlay Color, but with one single UV set. I hope UV by image will be available on DS one day! ;)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823

well you could use a geoshell with another UV and a greyscale mask in the cutout opacity I guess