Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thought maybe we could do with some eye candy for the ladies.

Where ever he hangs his hat is homw, she says, tongue firmly in cheek. :coolsmirk:

nice hat! is the body hair the new unshaven product, cause it looks really good. :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No. It's an M4 skin, can't remember off hand which one though, would need to boot bryce up and check the original. It may even have been a free one.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No. It's an M4 skin, can't remember off hand which one though, would need to boot bryce up and check the original. It may even have been a free one.

oh, way cool, looks really nice.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

Is that you, Pam, looking through the window? Excellent render!

edited December 1969

OK I checked it out. It is by Marieah, called Sir Richard, and of course I can't remember where she sells it, can't find it in the store here.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OK I checked it out. It is by Marieah, called Sir Richard, and of course I can't remember where she sells it, can't find it in the store here.

Thanks Pam, i'm sure i'll hunt it down :-)

(is ok to call you Pam?)

edited December 1969

Of course it is. I had thought about changing my Username, but everyone told me I couldn't cos they are so used to chohole after 12 or more years of me using it. Maybe I should be Pam_Chohole.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Of course it is. I had thought about changing my Username, but everyone told me I couldn't cos they are so used to chohole after 12 or more years of me using it. Maybe I should be Pam_Chohole.

Thanks, I didn't want to presume, and Chohole is fine too, used to it now :)

edited December 1969

Yes, but it is the name of a house actually. And I don''t even live there any more.

If you are interested http://www.royalparks.org.uk/about-us/living-in-the-parks

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes, but it is the name of a house actually. And I don''t even live there any more.

If you are interested http://www.royalparks.org.uk/about-us/living-in-the-parks

Lovely property, but nicer living in Wales i'll bet, I have a friend who is a gardener and she used to work at Windsor Great Park I think it was called, tho it was many years ago now :)

edited December 1969

Himself was the Foreman of Richmand Park, was why we lived there. But they decided that as they had made all the park staff redundant and brought in contractors that they could make more money by letting the lodges out on the private market. So ex-staff got their marching orders, despite whatever length of service, (27 years in his case,)

But yes I love Wales, always have, Spent many happy holidays here, before we moved. Its so fresh after living almost into London.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Himself was the Foreman of Richmand Park, was why we lived there. But they decided that as they had made all the park staff redundant and brought in contractors that they could make more money by letting the lodges out on the private market. So ex-staff got their marching orders, despite whatever length of service, (27 years in his case,)

But yes I love Wales, always have, Spent many happy holidays here, before we moved. Its so fresh after living almost into London.

No unions then to represent the staff?, Never been to Wales as yet, it's one of the places 'on the list' as it were for a cycling holiday.

edited July 2012

Ah nice redundancy packages for most. Those over a certain age got compulsory early retirement. The Lodges though they had us tied to a fairly restrictive "License to occupy" which the Union managed to get altered some, but not enough once the government decided that the Royal Parks needed to generate more of their own upkeep money byt letting out the lodges that were no longer occupied by staff. It's surpising how easy it is to persuade people to move when you tell them that the rent is going up form what you paid a month, to the same amount or more for a week.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

In the real world, that's probably illegal, but I figure rules don't really apply to royal parks or government departments, my friend had some similar behaviour from the national trust when she worked for them.

edited December 1969

Yes they do get away with a lot more than private individuals would. Technically the "Royal Parks" are part of the Crown Estates, and the rent had been pretty light considering the area.

BTW tracked down Sir Richard, but he is no longer available. www.daz3d.com/forums/newreply/658/ You may need to get in touch with Marieah, to see if she has moved him anywhere else, or just simply retired him.

edited December 1969

BTW I do ocasionally do A female pinup as well

forget_the_football.jpg
    679 x 875 - 388K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes they do get away with a lot more than private individuals would. Technically the "Royal Parks" are part of the Crown Estates, and the rent had been pretty light considering the area.

BTW tracked down Sir Richard, but he is no longer available. www.daz3d.com/forums/newreply/658/ You may need to get in touch with Marieah, to see if she has moved him anywhere else, or just simply retired him.

OK, Thanks for looking for him, I'll have a look thru the other freebie sites, but you are probably right and he may have been retired :)

edited December 1969

Playing with Bryce, much thanks to Horo for the elefont link, little issue with an unwanted shadow, figured it out tho :-)
    Thanks for looking, comments/tips always welcome :)

3D_text_wm.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 676K
    edited December 1969

Fun. A different slant on the the old fav when trying out water reflections.

I used to amuse my friends by writing their names in terrains. That's fun as well.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Cool reflection.

• edited December 1969

No comments?
    Good? Bad? Awful?
    No suggestions on what to do better?

Oh well.

Time to get back to dual booting Snow Leopard so I can rediscover Bryce…

edited December 1969

Oh and wow I have just got to boast. A Bryce image selected in the Plat club render challenge and on this weeks PC newsletter.

I am just so chuffed.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Oh and wow I have just got to boast. A Bryce image selected in the Plat club render challenge and on this weeks PC newsletter.

I am just so chuffed.

That only happened because it's really nice.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Well done! Show us then. Post the image here...

edited December 1969

Ah Ok. :red: The challenge is "A New Start" and this is called "New Beginings" as the draognflies transform from ugly bugs lurking in the water and emerge as beutiful flying insects.

new_beginnings.jpg
    800 x 600 - 493K
    edited December 1969

That looks really good Pam, nice subtle pastel colours, interesting balance between foreground detail and background... You know, this would be a perfect subject for "anaglypherizing"? I could do that for you. Easy Peasy. I could. If you wanted.

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

My latest Bryce render isn't really that interesting but maybe I can ask a question about it.

I tried for a long time to get convincing looking flames and thick bellowing smoke but everything I attempted looked wrong.
    The flames needed lighting and those lights made the smoke cast silly shadows. Excluding the smoke from the light influence meant that they just showed up as solid black etc.

So the question: What's the best way or what have you used in the past and found to work? (question open to anyone and everyone)

In the end I photoshopped some real fire onto the finished illustration.

Fire-Door-Small.jpg
    800 x 500 - 155K
    edited December 1969

Fire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R9znlpq4og&feature=plcp&context=C47e231cVDvjVQa1PpcFNey2NEKy_BmA1yS0zQpecpIJl_UnTvbXI=

You can exclude the smoke from some light sources. Then when it shows up black, add a light source just for the smoke alone (include it and nothing else), that way you can control the lighting of it exactly.

edited July 2012

Fire has got to be one of the hardest things to do and make it look good. THis was a try I did, never did finish the image. I forget why I was doing it now.

I got the fire inside the tipi looking OK, but never could get the bit out of the top looking right.

burnt_tipi_image.jpg
    505 x 633 - 208K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited July 2012

Again David, you are an invaluable source of information, thanks.
    Though I do have an issue with using materials that require crediting as I usually have no control over the image once it's turned over to my various clients. But having watched your video, I'll watch it again (after Walking Dead has finished) and venture into that place I'm not familiar with (the deep material editor) and have a snoop around whilst constantly pausing the video at your lighting fast clicking through the menus. :)

Chohole; You got a good render there... much better than I managed. :)

Post edited by Dave Savage on
This discussion has been closed.