General Freebie Requests

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,269
    edited December 1969

So how does one get the new signature for the new contest?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Open it, Right click save, then load it to your sig from your drive.

• 404nicg404nicg Posts: 270
    edited December 1969

Hello all, does anybody know where I can find some female jean shorts for genesis?

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

404nicg said:
    Hello all, does anybody know where I can find some female jean shorts for genesis?
    Not as freebies, I'm afraid. There are a few paid-for ones though. How "short" are you wanting to go?
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

404nicg said:

If you're willing to refit V4 clothes to Genesis, you could try S242 Hip Jeans V4 with Shorts for S242 Hip Jeans.

edited December 1969

I'm trying to find the military hats by doc mike, searched here, rendo and share and nothing turns up for his name or the item. Does anyone remember these hats and maybe have a link to them?

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    I'm trying to find the military hats by doc mike, searched here, rendo and share and nothing turns up for his name or the item. Does anyone remember these hats and maybe have a link to them?

He is at DSA. This link goes directly to his thread. He says that he has lost his links to his stuff and is rebuilding it. You might want to nudge him about his hats since he wrote the note over a year ago. Also I remember him giving some freebies on the DSA site as well. You may want to poke around there. Be warned this site is not completely G rated so you may want to make sure any around you will not be offended.

edited December 1969

It would take a lot to offend me when it comes to web sites...lol Thanks and already there poking around.

• BlazeMystEraBlazeMystEra Posts: 464
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a 'golden Quill' out there somewhere?
    I tried retexturing a quill I already have, but it isn't working for me...

edited December 1969

Will this work?
    Mada's Writing Set third row first column

I created a material setting for the quill if you want it PM me and I will provide you with the .duf . This is for DAZ Studio 4.6 only

Render_63.jpg
    800 x 800 - 74K
    edited December 1969

wow... that looks just lovely. thank you!

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Looking for metal shaders that will work in DS4. Also useful would be pearl, satin and leather shaders.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

Sand3 said:
    Looking for metal shaders that will work in DS4. Also useful would be pearl, satin and leather shaders.
    Got'cha covered:

Ultimate Shader Pack
    Super Shine Shader pack
    R72 Leather Shaders
    Satin shaders

• Sand3Sand3 Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

Oh! I thought DS3 shaders didn't work in DS4.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sand3 said:
    Oh! I thought DS3 shaders didn't work in DS4.

These are shader presets built off the included shaders, which work fine in DS4.

• launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited September 2013

Hi there,

I assume you are referring to a quill feather pen? If so, only yesterday I have found a quill pen at the RDNA shocktober older freebies. Unfortunately this is the only one I know off and not gold as you prefer. I hope this can help you (or is it the one you already have??). Here is the link (go down to the 2006 freebies - The Haunted Quill by Arki).

http://forum.runtimedna.com/content.php?49-Shocktober-2010

Regards,

Laura

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

thank you launok... one can never have to many feathers ^^

• KunanovKunanov Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello, dear users!
    Does anybody know where I can find swim/walk/run cycles for crocodile/shark/other fishes, reptiles & insects?
    Can’t find them in DAZ website.

i ready to pay for these files…
    Thanks in advance!!!

edited December 1969

Kunanov said:
    Hello, dear users!
    Does anybody know where I can find swim/walk/run cycles for crocodile/shark/other fishes, reptiles & insects?
    Can’t find them in DAZ website.

i ready to pay for these files…
    Thanks in advance!!!

This might help you. Some of the links may be broken but some go to ShareCG and Rendo so there is hope.
    http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=51793

Be very patient with the response of the site. It seems to be very slow today for some reason.

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

:blank: I've just finished digging through my 190 gigs of Poser goodies, and "usual suspects" such as ShareCG or Rendo, and couldn't find one simple thing: a flowerbed / garden patch / field. I need a toony piece of "ribbed" ground, for my toonies to harvest carrots from and can't find such thing, neither in form of stand-alone item or part of bigger set, be it free or pay-for. Maybe I'm just bad at looking ^^' Anyway, I tried using brown-coloured waved curtains, but it's not exactly the same :red: Help, please?

edited December 1969

Anyone know of a texture or clothingset that looks like one of Elvis Las Vegas Costumes?
    I believe I saw something like that on a japanese(?) site, but my freebielinks seem to be incomplete :-/
    Usable for M4 and DAZStudio would be good (minor surface changes won't be the problem, just not dynamic or such)

edited December 1969

Vilian said:
    :blank: I've just finished digging through my 190 gigs of Poser goodies, and "usual suspects" such as ShareCG or Rendo, and couldn't find one simple thing: a flowerbed / garden patch / field. I need a toony piece of "ribbed" ground, for my toonies to harvest carrots from and can't find such thing, neither in form of stand-alone item or part of bigger set, be it free or pay-for. Maybe I'm just bad at looking ^^' Anyway, I tried using brown-coloured waved curtains, but it's not exactly the same :red: Help, please?

Maybe this will help you until you can get a model.

I created a plane in DAZ Studio 10 meters by one division. I then added the ground texture from rocky ground. You can get that here. In the displacement section of the surface tab I placed the attached rowsdisplacement.jpg file. I set strength to 200%, max at 10.00 and min at -10.00. I set tiling to 5.00 on Horizontal tiles with an off set of 6.83. I left vertical tiles with the default values.

Here is a trick if you do not plan to change out the textures of your flowers within a row, that is, the row will always be the same set of textures or colors. I loaded up one object that I wanted in the row. I fiddled with the placement of the plant until I got it on top of the hill and in the middle of the hill. This I did by just running renders and seeing if I had gotten the position correct. Once I was happy with the alignment then I selected the object in the scene tab and went to Create -> New Node Instances. I picked a number 20 for the coleus or 10 for the bells. I copied the base object's position and then I selected all of the instances in the group and pasted the position. They are now all piled up on top of the base object. Since I have positioned the base object to the correct y and x positions all I will have to do is move each of the instances on the z axis. Now I have my pretty row. But it looks to regular so I go back to the instances and do small changes to create variability like making one taller or shorter or bigger or smaller or I rotate, tilt or slant. If you find that you need to move them as a group one way or another all you need to do is select the Instances Group and mover them from there.

I have attached a picture using the above settings. Hope this helps you. Would like to see your garden when you get it done.

Render_53.jpg
    800 x 800 - 762K
    rowsdisplacement.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 109K
  • Night-ForagerNight-Forager Posts: 123
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a free tail prop for Genesis?

I have the EZ-pose tube prop from renderosity, and the one that comes with Lizzar on ShareCG, but I'm not entirely happy with either of them. I also know about the one from the Daz store; it, along with the textures are on my wishlist, but if there's one that's just almost as good for free, I'd prefer that.

edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a free tail prop for Genesis?

I have the EZ-pose tube prop from renderosity, and the one that comes with Lizzar on ShareCG, but I'm not entirely happy with either of them. I also know about the one from the Daz store; it, along with the textures are on my wishlist, but if there's one that's just almost as good for free, I'd prefer that.

I have not seen one yet unless it is being offered at some of the adult sites. If I needed a tail and wanted something free then I would use the Big cat tail or the Mil Dog or Cat tails. I would position the tail where I wanted it on genesis and then parent it to genesis's hip. You will have to make invisible the bodies of the cats or dog by going to the scene tab and closing the eye for each of the sections. All three are free if you are a PC member or free with a purchase if not. They are in the freebies section of the DAZ shop.

edited December 1969

I do not believe better than kit bashing can be done. Geo graphed free items not allowed as the graph has the base mesh in them.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

Jaderail said:
    I do not believe better than kit bashing can be done. Geo graphed free items not allowed as the graph has the base mesh in them.

That's what the new(er) eula is for.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/17873/
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4856/P30/#248166
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4856/P30/#248166Ah. Yes, forgot all about that. I stand in the corner, softly beating my head against the wall, mumbling think dummy, think...
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:

Ah. Yes, forgot all about that. I stand in the corner, softly beating my head against the wall, mumbling think dummy, think...

It's ok Jade. I didn't mention geo-graphting cause all I could remember was the previous version of the EULA and I didn't want to have Cho come in and use her club, however gently, on my poor noggin.

edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    Jaderail said:
    Vaskania said:
    Jaderail said:

Ah. Yes, forgot all about that. I stand in the corner, softly beating my head against the wall, mumbling think dummy, think...

It's ok Jade. I didn't mention geo-graphting cause all I could remember was the previous version of the EULA and I didn't want to have Cho come in and use her club, however gently, on my poor noggin.That suddenly opens ideas for things for me to learn... fires up his search fu...

This discussion has been closed.