[Released] Hair Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• ...And it is released!  Happy Holidays!

• And... what a coincidence!  DAZ puts a bunch of G3 hair at 70% off the day this is released.  :P 

DAZ does know marketing.

• And... what a coincidence!  DAZ puts a bunch of G3 hair at 70% off the day this is released.  :P 

DAZ does know marketing.

I noticed that too!  LOL.

• So, I have a very small question.  Does it stand to reason that you will make hair converters for G8 to G3, G2 to G8...etc in the future as well?

As long as you come out with the hair and clothing converters, your utils are probably the only things I will buy.  :)  Like everyone else, I HAVE TONS OF HAIR!!!

This I'm getting now!

Thanks again.

DAZ does know marketing.

I noticed that too!  LOL.

They got me too smiley

• So, I have a very small question.  Does it stand to reason that you will make hair converters for G8 to G3, G2 to G8...etc in the future as well?

As long as you come out with the hair and clothing converters, your utils are probably the only things I will buy.  :)  Like everyone else, I HAVE TONS OF HAIR!!!

This I'm getting now!

Thanks again.

Assuming this sells well, there will be G3->G8 and G8->G3.  After that, it is uncertain right now.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2018
    carrie58 said:

OOOooooo  Well since I'm already down here I might as well ask how far back you and SickleYield will try to take the Hair converters?

I don't know.  Personally, I don't like the look of most hair before G3.  However, if Sickleyield wants to do it, I will certainly follow.

Really? Have you checked out old OOT hairs?  Also SWAM, 3Dream and especially StudioArtVartanian, they have amazing hair for V4. Combine that with all the Iray shaders out for hair. Talk about breathing new life

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • carrie58 said:

OOOooooo  Well since I'm already down here I might as well ask how far back you and SickleYield will try to take the Hair converters?

I don't know.  Personally, I don't like the look of most hair before G3.  However, if Sickleyield wants to do it, I will certainly follow.

Really? Have you checked out old OOT hairs?  Also SWAM, 3Dream and especially StudioArtVartanian, they have amazing hair for V4. Combine that with all the Iray shaders out for hair. Talk about breathing new life

Ok, ok, ok! smiley  Assuming Sickleyield wants to do it, we will try at least one of the older generations.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 2018
    carrie58 said:

Ok, ok, ok! smiley  Assuming Sickleyield wants to do it, we will try at least one of the older generations.

Then I am officially in "Love" with you and SickleYield ........heartMine!!!

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • This is going into my cart and whatever follows will too...

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Purchased smileyyes  Thank you for this heart

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

So, I have a very small question.  Does it stand to reason that you will make hair converters for G8 to G3, G2 to G8...etc in the future as well?

This I'm getting now!

Thanks again.

Assuming this sells well, there will be G3->G8 and G8->G3.  After that, it is uncertain right now.

Was that first one meant to be G2 to G8?

• Hey!

So, I'm having a problem with the script. I don't know if this is a script problem or a DAZ Problem, so I'm posting it here.

So, I have the ability to convert hair. The script will convert a single hair item with no problems, but then the script stops responding and eventually DAZ crashes.

Furthermore, if I try to convert more than one hair .duf at a time, the script will convert the first hair in the list and then stop responding. 

I'm attaching the log, and I created a video to show the problem I'm facing: https://vimeo.com/308116661 

Let me know if you have any questions, or if I need to send this one to DAZ.

Thanks,

Jason

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • carrie58 said:
    carrie58 said:

Then I am officially in "Love" with you and SickleYield ........heartMine!!!

LOL smiley

• This is going into my cart and whatever follows will too...

Thank you for your support! 

• Purchased smileyyes  Thank you for this heart

No, thank YOU!  Enjoy! smiley

• Cybersox said:

So, I have a very small question.  Does it stand to reason that you will make hair converters for G8 to G3, G2 to G8...etc in the future as well?

This I'm getting now!

Thanks again.

Was that first one meant to be G2 to G8?

No, G3 (as in G3M->G8M)

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,362
    edited December 2018

Hey!

So, I'm having a problem with the script. I don't know if this is a script problem or a DAZ Problem, so I'm posting it here.

So, I have the ability to convert hair. The script will convert a single hair item with no problems, but then the script stops responding and eventually DAZ crashes.

Furthermore, if I try to convert more than one hair .duf at a time, the script will convert the first hair in the list and then stop responding. 

I'm attaching the log, and I created a video to show the problem I'm facing: https://vimeo.com/308116661 

Thanks,

Jason

I am sorry for the trouble you are having.  Does it only happen with this hair or all hair products?

(EDIT: BTW, yes, it is because it is crashing that the hair items are still checked)

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Snagged this first thing this morning.  Thanks so much for making all these wonderful conversion tools!

• Daikatana said:

Snagged this first thing this morning.  Thanks so much for making all these wonderful conversion tools!

You are very welcome!  And thank you for the support!

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Merry Christmas RiverSoftArt....if your around I'm having a problem, first installed Smart, could get script to load, tried DIM, same thing, tried manual same problem, just error refer to log file so here it is;
    No rush as it's Christmas but when you have time :) 

2018-12-25 07:47:25.416 WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

2018-12-25 07:47:27.714 Loading script: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Hair Converter/Hair Converter G3F to G8F.dse

2018-12-25 07:47:27.738 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Shanina/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa

2018-12-25 07:47:27.742 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1

2018-12-25 07:47:27.742 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error

2018-12-25 07:47:27.743 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/Shanina/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/data/riversoft art/common/rsconstants.dsa:1

2018-12-25 07:47:27.744 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Hair Converter/Hair Converter G3F to G8F.dse

Just noticed none of my RiverSoft scripts are working, Eye Clock,Look At Me,Clothing Convertors, all get the same error :( 

• Allegra said:

Just noticed none of my RiverSoft scripts are working, Eye Clock,Look At Me,Clothing Convertors, all get the same error :( 

They were working before I assume?  It sounds like something got incorrectly installed as the line that the thing is having a parsing error is a comment... there is nothing to parse incorrectly.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling.

The older scripts of yours were working until I installed the 2 I purchased yesterday, hair convertor and G3M to G8M clothing convertor.... scripts from other vendors are working. 
    I've uninstalled  all your products and will try again ;)

• Allegra said:

The older scripts of yours were working until I installed the 2 I purchased yesterday, hair convertor and G3M to G8M clothing convertor.... scripts from other vendors are working. 
    I've uninstalled  all your products and will try again ;)

I am sorry about the inconvenience sad

Oh please don't be sorry, I'm sorry to have disturbed you during Christmas...there really isn't any rush, enjoy the day :)
    I uninstalled all my RiverSoftArt, re-installed, same problem...uninstalled again but only eye clock,look at me, cloth convertors for G2F to G8F, G3F to G8F,G8 to G3, and they're all working. 
    So I think the problem is with the last two I purchased yesterday, Hair convertor and G3M to G8M...although I haven't tried G2M to G8M as it's Christmas day here in Australia and I've had a little Christmas cheer, perhaps more than a little ;)  
    Enjoy Christmas and let's take this up after if that suits you :) 

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Added to cart can’t wait for more and hopefully some generation 4 to genesis 8 converters ;)

• Hey!

Thanks,

Jason

I am sorry for the trouble you are having.  Does it only happen with this hair or all hair products?

(EDIT: BTW, yes, it is because it is crashing that the hair items are still checked)

1) Thanks for responding!

2) Yes, it's happening with all G3F Hair products. 

Jason

• RajibRajib Posts: 18
    edited December 2018

Many thanks. I was finally able to get my favorite G3F hair for my character converted to G8F. I had moved my character from the G3F base to G8F base but using Auto-Fit  to fit that hair never really worked properly for me. It always had some distortions. This script converted it very well. Am able to use all the custom morphs I had created for the hair in ZBush too. Will convert some of the other G3F hairs that suits my characters face.

Very nice product !

Post edited by Rajib on
  • I had luck converting a few G3F hairs. Two of the OOT hairs (top model and super sleeky) wouldn't conform to Victoria 8..  I realize this is for G8F, but just noting.  Also batch directory conversions don't work.. one by one is just fine and I can deal with that. 

For what it's worth I also have the G3F-> G8F clothing conversion tool.  I'll try removing it and see what happens.