Carrara 8.5.0.204 Beta (Update)

Comments

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

How about a simple "Open this folder" which launches Explorer (or the Mac equivalent) showing the selected directory.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

So we either convert everything to .duf or work with Explorer open? I prefer seeing all of the extensions.

• DabblingDanDabblingDan Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

"To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-850-0024575-BTF-001-EBTQKVD Expires 1 September 2013" Anyone else having problem with this new serial number? I keep getting the messsage that it is invalid.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

"To register the Carrara 8.5 Beta you will need to use the serial code listed here: CDZCPRO-850-0024575-BTF-001-EBTQKVD Expires 1 September 2013" Anyone else having problem with this new serial number? I keep getting the messsage that it is invalid.

I just tried, same message. Carrara 8.5.0.204 on Mac OS X 10.8.4

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

It appears that the serial code is invalid. The previous serial code shouldn't expire until sometime next week. In the meantime I will see if I can't get an updated serial code sometime this weekend.

edited December 1969

Thanks, I believe the old one is only good till 8/18 so whatever you can do will be appreciated.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Perhaps CDZCPRO-850-...etc should be CDZCPRO-085?
    I haven't tried it, but all of the previous serial numbers are "085".

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Updated.

-Rob

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106
    edited December 1969

Thanks a million, Rob!

edited December 1969

Thanks a million, Rob!

Ditto - Thank you very much.
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

Sorry guys... I can't get

CDZCPRO-850-0024575-BTF-001-EBTQKVD

or (changed 850 to 085)

CDZCPRO-085-0024575-BTF-001-EBTQKVD

to work. I have copied and pasted and typed in individually....nothing works.

What am I doing wrong???

Cheers, Silene

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:

or (changed 850 to 085)

What am I doing wrong???

Cheers, Silene

look at first page for the new SN .

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    laurenwbr said:

or (changed 850 to 085)

What am I doing wrong???

Cheers, Silene

look at first page for the new SN .

Thanks you Bigh... I was looking for a current post. Doh on me?

Cheers, Silene

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

My Fault. I put the wrong info into the generator. Sorry about that.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Are there any plans to update products that are still in DSA and other older formats. For example I have Aiden for M5 and Valea's Summer character which currently just show as blank folders in Carrara and so are unusable.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

I am getting a render error about after every 10th or so render, where it just says, "an error occurred" and then I cannot render anymore from that point on. I can do other thing, and I can save, but when I close Carrara it says Runtime Error! application crashed. I have to restart to get renders working again.

Are there logs that I can provide or something?

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Moral of the story :

Never, never, never uninstal a soft befor 2 or three month…

I'm lucky to work with my "old" 8.1 preserved in a corner of my Mac from this morning, waiting for a new serial number

• protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

HELP!
    Please, someone post the new serial number. I am working on a deadline today, and this temporary serial number system has just shut me down. The usual updated serial number is not showing itself. I am only seeing the September 1st dying number.
    Rick

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid that there will be no further serial number for the beta because the final was published on August 26th...

• protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Hi Eddy,

Thank you.
    Happy to purchase 8.5. Will I be free from all of this temp. serial number nonsense?

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Besides the use of the beta serial, there seems to be a problem with the purchased versions as well.

See thread from the release.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27826/P495/

Mine (bought) version also locked me out. Not verry happy.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

jerham said:

DAZ has been notified of this issue and they say they are working on it.

edited December 1969

Submitted support issue ticket...

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    jerham said:

Thanks, sorry i do not look much in the Carrara forum part.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28263/

Did not notice the other thread. Maybe it is an idea to post a update in the 8.5 release thread to?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Frank has already said that DAZ 3D are aware of the problem and are actively working on it, so the Support ticket is really a bit redundant.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

jerham said:
    Frank0314 said:
    jerham said:

Thanks, sorry i do not look much in the Carrara forum part.

That's too bad. Once all the release hoopla has died down and things are sorted out with the serial number issue, there's a lot of great Carrara information, tips and tricks that can be had there, by knowledgeable people willing to share what they know. If you're going to use Carrara, I highly recommend. Who knows? Maybe you'll even teach a couple of us old hands a thing or two we didn't know!

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

I agree. I have a look to the Carrara forum twice a day or more.
    Somehow essential for me

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Frank has already said that DAZ 3D are aware of the problem and are actively working on it, so the Support ticket is really a bit redundant.

uh...

If I have a support issue, I submit a support ticket. I then wait until it's fixed, and I will resolve the ticket, or they will close it. I would think this is the correct thing to do?

After going through what we just did for the release pricing for Carrara upgrades, all the bitterness, complaining and frustration....didn't we learn the best option was to just follow procedure and be patient? (even in that case, DAZ was "aware" via the forums, but we were being told to submit support tickets)

Of course, I did first consider closing my eyes, crossing my fingers and hoping it would all get better. LOL!

In any case, I do apologize, for submitting a ticket for a support issue, not complaining, being patient, and personally resolving my own ticket now that it is fixed. My bad...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2013

I was not saying that you shouldn't file support tickets. The issue with pricing, where some people were paying too much is something that only support can deal with, but today's issue, we did advise people that we were trying to get this sorted out today, and your ticket would not have been looked at till tomorrow morning at the earliest, and probably not even then, as the tickets are dealt with in the order that they are received. So by the time they got to your ticket the problem would hopefully have been solved, and that did prove to be the case.

When it is a general issue of this sort we can sometimes get things sorted out without people having to fill in tickets, which is why we usually post to say that we have flagged it up.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I understand what you are saying, but how do we know if it is a general issue or not? How do we know it only tech support can fix an issue, or someone else can?

In another thread just today, you mention for another issue it "has been flagged up to DAZ 3D". In the last post (as of now), a user submitted a ticket. Are they being redundant? When you "flag" something, should you say, "This has been reported to Daz, please do not submit tickets at this time"?

I will agree to disagree here, and just submit a support ticket, if I have a support issue. I apologize again, if it ends up being redundant, but I do make sure to "resolve" my tickets when they are fixed, and do not wait for Daz to close them.

This discussion has been closed.