33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge *****Celebrate Winter*****

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited December 2018 in Bryce Discussion

33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge                       

Now Sponsored by Daz 3D                                                     

Theme for this challenge is   ***** Celebrate Winter *****             

So how do you Celebrate 
Bodhi Day,    Modraniht,    Eid,   Saturnalia,    Yule,    Winter Solstice,    Pancha Ganapati,    Santa Lucia,    Hanukkah,    Christmas day,    Koliada, Kwanzaa,    Feast of Saint Stephen,    Dongzhi Festival,    Hogmanay,    New Years Eve,    Watch Night,    12th night,    Chinese new year.

Or Maybe you would rather choose a fictional one    

Erastide in the Belgariad,            Midwinter Fair in Velgard amongst the Heralds and their  Companions,          HogsWatch on the Discworld,                         Turn's End on Pern,                          The Feast of Winter Veil in WoW,            Festivus is secular              Any other one you can think of

*******    Just remember    *******

Winter is Coming  

The Choice is yours
                                                                                                        Your imagination is the only limit

This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.

Rules

• 

All renders must be new renders.
  • 

You can enter up to 3 renders.
  • 

You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS
  • 

Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.
  • 

Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.
  • 

Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
  •  

Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.

Challenge ends January 31st 2019:- Midnight DAZ 3D time

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Lovely theme smiley yes

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

Very Cool

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Brrrr theme!

• Thats is really cool wink

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Can't celebrate the cold winter, think I'll just mourn the passing of summer. wink

Nice theme though.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    StuartB said:

Can't celebrate the cold winter, think I'll just mourn the passing of summer. wink

Nice theme though.

Burn a nice big Yule Log to keep you warm and join in with the wassailing and drink some nice warm spiced wassail punch.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

And listen Steeleye Span

Thanks for the suggestions but....

The log on the fire is a no go, gas fire. I don't drink so the punch is out, and sorry Henryhor, but if I had to listen to Steeleye Span I would end up swinging from the rafters.

I might just hibernate until march.  laugh

@Jamahoney.

Thanks for the message Jay.

I got it in an email notification and read it on my phone.

But when clicking the link to view it or reply, or clicking the Messages button in my account here it goes to my Message box on Daz, but there are no messages.

Their message system does'nt seem to be working here.

Roll on Summer indeed.

You have a great day too. yes

StuartB said:

@Jamahoney.

Thanks for the message Jay.

I got it in an email notification and read it on my phone.

But when clicking the link to view it or reply, or clicking the Messages button in my account here it goes to my Message box on Daz, but there are no messages.

Their message system does'nt seem to be working here.

Roll on Summer indeed.

You have a great day too. yes

You do know that there are 2 different message systems don't you?    There is one which is in your account dashboard,   that one is for messages from Daz, like targetted special offers and things.   The inbox where you can access PMs from other members is accessed by clicking either the gear icon on the blue line ↑ or your name under your avatar image ←

Wow. Thanks Chohole. I did'nt actually realise that.

That's hilarious, because I just clicked on the gear icon and it works, not only that but

I have actually used it before, and still have messages in there.

Anyone seen my memory anywhere, seem to have lost it.

No wonder I thought it was'nt working.

Thanks very much.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

_Wintertime winds blow cold this season_

StuartB said:

Thanks for the suggestions but....

The log on the fire is a no go, gas fire. I don't drink so the punch is out, and sorry Henryhor, but if I had to listen to Steeleye Span I would end up swinging from the rafters.

I might just hibernate until march.  laugh

Hibernate till March,   Did you forget that this year it was on 1st March that The beast from the East met up with Storm Emma and caused chaos.   

I was snowed in for 4 days. The snow drifts outside the front of my house were at the same level of my window sills on the eastwardof the two windows.  In fact it was actually higher than the window sill on the west one, but the wind had scuplted it so there was a gap between the top of the drift and the house as the drift grew past windo sill level. The snow in front of the front door was roughly at a level with the centre bar of the door.  West is the left hand window as you look at the picture.

New House.jpg
    662 x 719 - 187K

I'll join you in hibernating StuartB because of my arthritis.

Chohole said:
    StuartB said:

You do know that there are 2 different message systems don't you?    There is one which is in your account dashboard,   that one is for messages from Daz, like targetted special offers and things.   The inbox where you can access PMs from other members is accessed by clicking either the gear icon on the blue line ↑ or your name under your avatar image ←

I didn't know that, I only know of the one under the gear icon.blush thanks for the info. Maybe I didn't get any messages in the other.laugh

• Okay, my first entry. Maybe it puts you a little in the Christmas mood.

A little Christmas market

a little Christmas Market.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

I'll join you in hibernating StuartB because of my arthritis.

Chohole said:
    StuartB said:

I didn't know that, I only know of the one under the gear icon.blush thanks for the info. Maybe I didn't get any messages in the other.laugh

I know it, but still have to look again for the second (working) message box whenever someone sends me a note!

edited December 2018

Drachenlords, that is a great render; really make me feel merry. How do you make these layers of snow on the roofs? I am breaking my head over that.

I decided to be a bit out of line (maybe also out of the box) again. My winter render is on a tropical island, but I did include some reference to winter. That is the snow globe by Ieland. Then, there are Stephanie 6 and Genesis 2 male, largely character Lee. And some birds from the free set I use more often. Bryce trees and stones. Some may recognise the fact that a large part of the scene is similar to what I used earlier (in a scene with gorilla's related to 2001 a Space Odyssee). But the sky and several other elements are new and so is the render. So I hope it qualifies.

Title: A little piece of winter.

Little piece of winter.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • @ Hansmar: Thank you. I am glad that you feel merry.
    The snow on the roofs comes from the Log Cabin of Alessandro_AM. I just put the snow on other houses there.

A little piece of winter is a wonderful idea. The atmosphere is a bit too yellow for me, but otherwise a nice scene.

@ drachenlords: hope the "coffee corner" also sells Glühwein. Very nicely done.

@ Hansmar: a very warm winter. Something for my old bones. Maybe I have a use for that snow globe also.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

drachenlords - beautifully done scene.

Hansmar - looks like down-under when we have winter. Neat idea.

• Thanks, Henryhor and Horo.

• Okay, here is my second entry:
    What do you say when Santa asks you this:

Were you a good guy this year?

Were you a good guy this year.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 2M

More Hans Trapp than Santa. Fun snowman. Makes me think of "Tales from the Crypt".

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

drachenlords - I'd say "Depends who you ask. I'd say most of the time but being a good guy all the time is boring." Superb render.

Drachenlords - both your entries are awesome, I couldn't help thinking the second one will make an awesome anaglyph wink

Hansmar - love your out of the box thinking, A little piece of winter. is very nicely done.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

drachenlords : Both your images are excellent renders. 

Hansmar : I like the idea of a warm winter, very well done !

• Thank you for the comments. Nice if you like my funny Santa Claus.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@drachenlords... A Little Christmas Market..very merry holiday scene.. great textures as for Were You Good a Good Guy This Year.... Well, you better just give me the chunk of coal and get it over with... great image....OOOOOH

@hansmar... fun interpretation of the theme...I agree with dto rachenlords... the atmospherre is a bit

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076
    edited December 2018

My first entry. Santa is coming. All Bryce trees, Santa is a freebie.

#Santa is coming.jpg
    900 x 562 - 161K
    Post edited by adbc on

Drachenlords, Henryhor, Horo, Mermaid, adbc, mtnmen: Thanks. I might redo with a little less yellow atmosphere.

Drachenlords: I saw that snowman somewhere and thought about using it. Very not so merry Christmas, if you do not answer correctly, I am afraid. Very wonderful idea and well made.

Adbc: Nice one. Only, Santa sticks out a bit too much for me. Like he doesn’t belong. Perhaps you could make him a bit less brilliant red?