33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge *****Celebrate Winter*****

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2018
    Hansmar said:

Adbc: Nice one. Only, Santa sticks out a bit too much for me. Like he doesn’t belong. Perhaps you could make him a bit less brilliant red?

He's been taking lessons from Rudolph      You could almost say it glows

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Adbc - nice winter scene

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ adbc: great job on the trees. Would be interesting to test Hansmar's suggestion about Santa.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Hansmar : thank you for the suggestion.

Chohole : I could say  that but I'll follow the advice given by Hansmar.

mermaid, Henryhor : thanks.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

adbc - beautifully done winter scene. The trees are excellent and the sky fits in suoerbly. I see what Hansmar means though this guy is probably meant to be the focus.

edited December 2018

Horo : thank you. This guy was meant to be the focus although it was a bit too much red. 

To me this version seems much better. So Santa is coming (again but better)

#Santa is coming final_.jpg
    900 x 562 - 161K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - I do like it better this way. It's also more realistic since his front side is in the shadow.

Horo : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2018

adbc: Now he fits perfectly well in the whole picture. Also gives me more room to look at other things, like the nice light/shadowplay in the snow.

I changed the atmosphere (and sky) and also a bit the position of the two people. There appeared to be some very strange triangular shadows on the guys chest. I think they were artefacts, which I removed with a very little bit of postwork.

I would like to hear whether you think this version is better?

Title still: "A little piece of winter"

the beach-snow_pair2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Hansmar - looks great.

• @ adbc: I like the second version. Very nice scene.

@ Hansmar: The second picture is great. Less yellow and it looks very different.

my third entry:

Christmas at the lake:

Christmas at the lake.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 2018

NAE    but a revamp of an older render.

Snow maidenrevamp.jpg
    675 x 900 - 758K
    Snow maidenrevamp.jpg
    675 x 900 - 789K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2018

Drachenlords: Beautiful render.

Chohole: Looks very good (though a bit green).

My second entry (possibly), title: Winter by Van Gogh

The tree is Winter Conifer tree from CGAxis (free demo version), that I instanced a number of times. There is a polar bear with a volumetric fluffy texture. The strange effect is done with a 2D plane with appropiate texture. I am not sure, that I want to keep this version. I may try some other effects on the plane.

winter1_vangogh.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    Hansmar said:

Chohole: Looks very good (though a bit green)

Is that better?     I used a photo filter and removed some tungsten.

@ Hansmar: didn't notice the bear. Was fun to search it. Nice sky. Thanks for the link.

Concerning the beach, I prefer the new version.

@ Chohole: I prefer the blue version. Looks very cold.

@ drachenlords: a very nice christmas card. Hope it's not a hunter cabin.

@ adbc: much more realistic

drachenlords - a real classic.

Chohole - very nice winter scene with the lady, I prefer the blue one.

Hansmar - nice winter scene, interesting sky.

Hansmar, drachenlords, Henryhor : thank you.

Hansmar : 'A little piece of winter' looks much better. Very well done. 'Winter by Van Gogh' is a great scene with a special sky.

drachenlords : very beautiful and peaceful picture.

Chohole : nice winter image, I also prefer the blue one.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@adbc... the second version is much better it feels more real...love the snow textures on the trees

@hansmar... Much Much better... it really opened up the image for better views...

I have been trying to upload my image... but after clicking attach file.. and clicking "browse" and then the image file...it says "uploading"  but no image shows up... any ideas?

• @ Chohole: Sher nice winter scene. I like the blue better.

@ Hansmar: Thank you. Winter by Van Gogh is really after Van Gogh. The sky is exactly his style. Very well.

@ Henryhor: Thank you.

@ Horo: Thank you.

@ adbc: Thank you.

mtnmen : Thank you.

I have been trying to uploadmy image to the challenge but it won't upload... I uploaded an image  to my gallery with no problem but I can't seem to upload to this challenge thread...

Any ideas of what the problem might be?

Steve

I just tried to upload another image and it attached even though there was no thumb indicated before I posted... When I get to the other computer where my image is located I'll later today give it another go... and go ahead and click "post comment" and see if it shows up

I think my issue is solved... we'll see

Steve

@drachenlords... Christmas at the Lake is wonderful...Those clumps of snow on the trees is fabulous...
    @chohole... Maybe NAE,  it is wonderful.. the revamp seems colder to me... I like it
    @hansmar... Winter1_Van Gogh is really nice... The sky really does have a VG brush stroke effect..

@hansmar... in looking closer I didn't find the bear... but I saw all the wonderful VG brush strokes throughout  Great !

Okay

My first entry   "Bob Cratchet"

items used... M4, Elite,Morphs++, Writing Room, Horo and Brinnin's Inclement weather, holographic rain/snow cube

mtnmen - very nice scene. Perhaps a bit white, the candle light. Perhaps you want to try to give the radial a bit yellow.

• @ mtnmen:  Thank you.
    Bob Cratchit is a beautiful scene. I like them all the more because I love A Christmas Carol from Dickens.

horo and drachenlords... thanks for the comments... and Horo... you may be right about the candle flame color, I'll go give that a try..

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988
    edited December 2018

Adbc - the second version is awesome.

Hansmar - I also like the second version, well done. Winter by Van Gogh is awesome, I also could not find the bear.

Drachenlords - beautiful serene place for Christmas.

Chohole- I also prefer the blue one, very nicely done.

Mtn - superb scene

Post edited by mermaid010 on

@ mtnmen: very well composed. Agree with Horo about the light. And maybe snow instead of rain.

@ drachenlords: according to today's freebie promo (the chapel with the wounded reindeer smiley, thanks a lot) there's a hunter in the "Christmas at the lake" cabin.