Carrara Rain Storm - Free to Carrara Users - beta released (updated)

13»

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

talk about realistic.... since headwax has released this product there has been floods everywhere on the eastern coastline.. just today the main highway between NSW & Victoria has been closed due to flooding!

I wonder what headwax has for us next... hope it's not meteorites! surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

oh hope you are okay

I was thinking about black holes - they should be easy to do!!

;)

mmm black holes....

had to do the shopping in the rain today.... it's ok where I am. yes

-well I'm having dinner at the top of a six story buidling tonight - in a caravan lifted there by a crane (not a Gruiforme !!  Hope to survive :)

will you be eating dinner whilst being hoisted?

or just appetisers..

will you be eating dinner whilst being hoisted?

or just appetisers..

ha ha I think it is yabbies in cherry sauce with fingers as shell crackers - the walkers buy on street level should get some interesting splash marks

but seriously, I was looking at some Carrara things such as Mandlebrot to use as a distrubution shader to use on those replicator planes to give a more organic shape to blowing leaves (change the rain to leaves)

(Rather than use a texture map) - any ideas ?

edited December 2018

I added a PDF ' manual'  to the first post.

Post edited by Headwax on
  • will you be eating dinner whilst being hoisted?

or just appetisers..

ha ha I think it is yabbies in cherry sauce with fingers as shell crackers - the walkers buy on street level should get some interesting splash marks

but seriously, I was looking at some Carrara things such as Mandlebrot to use as a distrubution shader to use on those replicator planes to give a more organic shape to blowing leaves (change the rain to leaves)

(Rather than use a texture map) - any ideas ?

that sounds disgusting TBH

I love yabbies but just with salt and vinegar, cherry sauce belongs on the dessert

It only came to mind because I had it once in a fancy restaurant in Vaucluse - the service was so slow we'd had a bottle of wine before the entre came - the cherry sauce was all the way up to my elbows .... :)

UB I uploaded the rain file by itself to the first post - it's the small one!

• Image may contain: text, outdoor and water

image revisited

I like this version better than your Challenge entry.

Cbird said:

Fantastic Christmas present, thank you!

I'm just starting work on a noir animation, so your timing is superb.

It was raining in the city. A cold rain . . .

Excellent, Cbird.  It would have been perfect for the noir Challenge. :)

It renders pretty fast on my machine. (I hate slow renders) If I get a slowly rendering scene I usually delete all the lights - then just add one or two and see if that helps.

I only have 4 cores.  About the only thing that sped it up  (so far) was to delete the surface replicator and the puddle file.  Not much left. :)  So, I just deal with it.  The results make it worthwhile.

UB I uploaded the rain file by itself to the first post - it's the small one!

And it works great!  Again, it took me a while to understand what was going on.  Only now can I begin to appreciate how wonderful this product is.  The morph controls are so useful.  Hopefully, I will be adding a rainy image to the Challenge soon.

Many, many thanks!

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

Thank you, UnifiedBrain. I loved watching that Challenge, but couldnt finish anything on time (again, lol).

thanks UB :)

I went with meshes rather than rain transmapped on planes assuming it would render faster - plus I could morph the meshes as opposed to having to add different shaders to the planes in the case of the transmapped ones. 

Er transmapped - I mean textures with alpha parameter

Yes I like this one better than the challenge one too !

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :) 

cheers fom oz!

• https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216686363225490&set=a.1489247885177&type=3&theater

the original actually rendered fine for me no missing files, maybe I have some of the third part shaders that called for them used as well

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

Re-did an old image of mine, replacing the original composited rain image with Andrew's 3D rain and splashes. The individual rain splashes make a big difference in the believability.

[Click for bigger]

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Wendy, your 360 exploration of the product really helped me get a better sense of the whole, thanks.

de3an, what a great render!  Rain and splashes look perfect.  How did you do the foot splash?

HW, I bow to your greatness.  I can see "best use of rain" in a future Challenge. :)

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

de3an, what a great render!  Rain and splashes look perfect.  How did you do the foot splash?

Thanks!  I modeled the foot splash by hand, using some pictures of splashes as reference.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216686363225490&set=a.1489247885177&type=3&theater

the original actually rendered fine for me no missing files, maybe I have some of the third part shaders that called for them used as well

sorry Wendy I saw this on facebook and commented missed it here - thanks so much - looks terrifico :)

edited January 2019
    de3an said:

Re-did an old image of mine, replacing the original composited rain image with Andrew's 3D rain and splashes. The individual rain splashes make a big difference in the believability.

[Click for bigger]

wow, that's a fun image - love the look on the girls face :0 and the splash on the feet. I've been known to arrive at parties like that - always handy to have a spare paper around :)

thanks for using the rain and splashes!

edit: I better mention I dont wear shorts like that to parties ....

Post edited by Headwax on

Wendy, your 360 exploration of the product really helped me get a better sense of the whole, thanks.

HW, I bow to your greatness.  I can see "best use of rain" in a future Challenge. :)

thank you UB - I've been on these forums a while and  received much help from many people so trying to give something back