Star Wars Renders 2013 +

Comments

• Eric WaltersEric Walters Posts: 233
    edited August 2013

Edited to remove thread killing Sith uglies!

Post edited by Eric Walters on
    edited December 1969

OK-no more OLD Luke or Sidious-I get it- I seem to have KILLED the thread! :-)

Here is something completely different.......

TwilekYoda.jpg
    1115 x 801 - 185K
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Really like this picture.. and great yoda, from where, get him, we would like to know...hhhummmm..!!!!!

S.K.

edited December 1969

Thanks!
    Yoda lives at SciFi3d.com in MAX or Maya format I think.
    However, RDuda got permission from the creator to rig for Poser some years ago. He had issues with the cr2 file-which I was able to fix-and sent it back to him, There are some "bad poly" issues which seem to be an issue-although minor from my view.
    It seems to be in limbo. If you want to PM rduda he can fill you in. As far as I know-the Poser rigged Yoda is not posted anywhere.

Really like this picture.. and great yoda, from where, get him, we would like to know...hhhummmm..!!!!!

S.K.

edited August 2013

SwordKensia
    Here is another-close up with my Green Twilek. The image had Yoda looking too tall. Here is is standing on a table amusing his lovely Twilek apprentice

TwilekYoda3.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 239K
    Post edited by Eric Walters on
    edited December 1969

Yoda tells a joke to his former Padawan....

Thanks!
    Yoda lives at SciFi3d.com in MAX or Maya format I think.
    However, RDuda got permission from the creator to rig for Poser some years ago. He had issues with the cr2 file-which I was able to fix-and sent it back to him, There are some "bad poly" issues which seem to be an issue-although minor from my view.
    It seems to be in limbo. If you want to PM rduda he can fill you in. As far as I know-the Poser rigged Yoda is not posted anywhere.

S.K.

YodaJokes.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 244K
  • edited December 1969

Something a little different...

Star_Wars_003.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 647K
    edited December 1969

I think they will get away from the Star Destroyers-but those pesky TIE fighters are TROUBLE!

chazcc69 said:
    Something a little different...
    edited December 1969

I made a smile morph for Yoda- :-)

YodaSmile.jpg
    1115 x 801 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Hi Rogue7
    This is Gold Leader... just kidding,
    They look nice but all I see is postage stamp sized images-can you post them as image attachments? Use Attachments, "Browse" above and to the left of the submit button.
    They look like they would be worth seeing. Do you have to have a Photobucket account to see them larger than thumbnail?

Rogue7 said:
  • Rogue7Rogue7 Posts: 122
    edited December 1969

If you follow the link, it should open them in my Photobucket library... definitely not a thumbnail

• edited December 1969

Yet another Jedi...

Star_Wars_004.jpg
    1578 x 746 - 466K
  • ObirusskenobiObirusskenobi Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Here's one I did last year entitled "Ready to unleash!"

image.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 314K
  • EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 69
    edited August 2013

Here is one of two oldies I did years ago. I’ll post the second one tomorrow or Sunday. If I’m able to that is, since I tried to post them on Thursday but couldn’t for some reason.

Atara_Tjayden.jpg
    1080 x 760 - 173K
    Post edited by Ewokzombie on
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I might as well cross-post this here too, using Stonemason's new Desert Outpost. I would normally use stronger depth-of-field to give more depth, but I was keen to see how the scene prop looks.

Unwelcome Guests...

Unwelcome_Guests_RR.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 676K
    edited December 1969

Now that's impressive :)

edited December 1969

Oh-well done!!!!!!! I hope she is quick and runs back inside!

Jabba101 said:
    I might as well cross-post this here too, using Stonemason's new Desert Outpost. I would normally use stronger depth-of-field to give more depth, but I was keen to see how the scene prop looks.

Unwelcome Guests...

edited December 1969

Nope-I think you have to be a photobucket member to see more than the thumbnail-as all I see is a thumbnail-it makes sense you see full size-since you are a member.

Rogue7 said:
    If you follow the link, it should open them in my Photobucket library... definitely not a thumbnail
    edited December 1969

I like! Looks like Mustafar

chazcc69 said:
    Yet another Jedi...
    edited December 1969

I like that rj! Did you use photoshop to add the glow?

quote author="[email protected]" date="1377162498"]Here's one I did last year entitled "Ready to unleash!"

edited December 1969

Nicely done! Do they call those "tonfa's?"

Here is one of two oldies I did years ago. I’ll post the second one tomorrow or Sunday. If I’m able to that is, since I tried to post them on Thursday but couldn’t for some reason.
    edited December 1969

Cheers, thanks :-)

edited December 1969
    Gn2_Twilek_08.png
    1680 x 1050 - 2M
    Twileksthinking03.jpg
    480 x 800 - 221K
    TwilekJedi15.jpg
    450 x 800 - 28K
    Twilek05.png
    400 x 768 - 468K
    edited September 2013

After looking it up and trying to find the character that uses them...

Its called guard shoto (also referred to as lightsaber tonfa) according to Wookieepedia. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guard_shoto
    The character that used them was Maris Brood from The Force Unleashed.

Here is the second one.

Approaching_Dark_Storm.jpg
    1125 x 850 - 106K
    Post edited by Ewokzombie on
    edited December 1969

Shoto is a very loose term more indicative of certain martial art styles rather than specific weapon type (in gaming, it might actually derive from Street Fighter days etc more than actual historic references).

Yeah, it's clearly 'inspired' by the tonfa and/or the PR-24 intermediate law enforcement baton.

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    Shoto is a very loose term more indicative of certain martial art styles rather than specific weapon type (in gaming, it might actually derive from Street Fighter days etc more than actual historic references).

Yeah, it's clearly 'inspired' by the tonfa and/or the PR-24 intermediate law enforcement baton.

Well I don’t have a clue on the term, just what Wookieepedia mentions it to be. They will always be tonfa lightsabers to me. I did edit my post to include the link to the page.

I never really got into Star Wars: Force Unleashed, so never saw Maris Brood in action using them. I have seen tonfa’s in use in a few movies at least so the combination of the two would be pretty nasty in action even if its mostly defensive moves. Also considering the wookie site mentions you can grip the tonfa like a normal lightsaber as well, one could get creative in a fight. Of course seeing a rookie use one of these things could be rather deadly I imagine, no wonder they are rarely used.

The props I used were for the tonfa lightsaber (if interested):

-The Electro Neural Shock Baton by AestheticDemon found at DAZ in the free forums. That apparently the original link I had to leads to nowhere now...
    -Lightsaber by Dodger from Vanishing Point

It would be cool to see them actually made as a single prop like the way they are supposed to look.

** Lol! I just noticed tonfa isn’t in my word processor database as a real word. At least Jedi doesn’t autocorrect to JedI.

edited December 1969

Nice Twilek's Rogue7!
    Love the wild clothing too. The last Twilek looks a little sad!

Rogue7 said:

Here they are are... plus one more

edited December 1969

Nice image. She reminds me of Maris Brood btw. It's a shame Force Unleashed 3 got canceled when Disney took over.

After looking it up and trying to find the character that uses them...

Its called guard shoto (also referred to as lightsaber tonfa) according to Wookieepedia. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Guard_shoto
    The character that used them was Maris Brood from The Force Unleashed.

Here is the second one.

• swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know whether it Would be possible to sculpt Genesis into a Jabba the Hut type Character.??? maybe utiizing Rawarts, snakey tail for...well... Jabba's snakey bits.???

I would be prepared to pay money for one, even to commision such a character..I understand that it would only be usable to personal usage and free fanart.

Any Genesis Character modellers out there interested in the job.???

S.K.