How migrate a custom character from Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Female?

Hi!, this post is looking for some tech savvy with the enough knowledge to do that like the Title, I need to migrate to Genesis 8 and this customized chara is Genesis 3, is there some product here in the Daz Shop or some technique you use please comment below.

thanks in advance. 

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited November 2018

The textures are simple, just transfer them; you could save a material preset of the G3, then apply it to G8.

The morphs are fairly straightforward but takes a few minutes; it involves using the transfer utility and creating a morph from the G3 character on a G8 obj fitted to G3; there is a tutorial I believe.

Edit:

As an example, the attached image shows G3 shape projected onto the G8 model which is used as a morph via morph-loader (pro).

example.JPG
    1647 x 992 - 139K
    Post edited by nicstt on
  •  thanks Nicstt, going to try that. 
    cool
    nicstt said:
    The textures are simple, just transfer them; you could save a material preset of the G3, then apply it to G8.

The morphs are fairly straightforward but takes a few minutes; it involves using the transfer utility and creating a morph from the G3 character on a G8 obj fitted to G3; there is a tutorial I believe.

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 505
    edited November 2018

If the character was created with morphs that are available on both Genesis 3 and Genesis 8, such as the DAZ Head and Body morph packs, you can load the Genesis 3 character then do a File -> Save As -> Shape Preset. Then load the Genesis 8 Base character and apply the shape preset to it and then add the texture.

Since most of my custom characters were created using the G3 base with the DAZ morph packs, this is usually what I use to move characters up.

Post edited by Chezjuan on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Good point; it also works with other products that have maintained the same name. Generally character morphs aren're created that way.