Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• senyacsenyac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have Carrara 8 pro but I am not currently a PClub member and when I place Carrara 8.5 in the shopping cart its asking me for $285 !!
    The newsletter stated previous owners got 50% off but the store states $285 is 48% off ??

Are they seriously asking $285 this small update ?
    I have been using Carrara and have kept it upgraded since version 3 but if this is the future with Daz running the show then its time to look elsewhere :(

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited August 2013

senyac said:
    I have Carrara 8 pro but I am not currently a PClub member and when I place Carrara 8.5 in the shopping cart its asking me for $285 !!
    The newsletter stated previous owners got 50% off but the store states $285 is 48% off ??

Are they seriously asking $285 this small update ?
    I have been using Carrara and have kept it upgraded since version 3 but if this is the future with Daz running the show then its time to look elsewhere :(

Are you looking at C 8.5 or C PRO 8.5? Nevermind...I had an old screen open before I bought Platinum. Yes it shows $285 for Pro as you said.

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited August 2013

Anyone who bought it while owning 8.0? Did you receive a serial?

Bought it but can not find my serial, and the previous one does not work. am i overlooking something....

Post edited by jerham on
  • EventMobilEventMobil Posts: 11
    edited August 2013

acanthis said:
    vulcanis said:
    Sorry DAZ, you got me with Studio Pro, I am not paying again for software that you will just eventually be giving away. Nor will I pay to be a beta tester for you again. Good Luck with it, though, I am sure there are others that will continue the tradition.

Yes, I have to agree with this sentiment. I only purchased 8 Pro a few months ago with the (not unreasonable) expectation that I would not have to shell out for the .5 upgrade - in fact, that's the only reason I did buy it in the first place!

And let's be honest, this may be marketed as a public release, but in DAZ speak that really translates to "Pre-Release Beta".

Sorry, DAZ. For those reasons ... I'm out.

After owning Carrara 5 Pro, Carrara 6.2 Pro, I bought CARRARA 8.1 Pro only 2 months ago, are they serious they will now charge me for an update (yes, I call it UPDATE, not UPGRADE!!!) again at 85 Dollars?? I tried adding it to my cart, it showed 171 Dollars but reduction for being Premium Club member resulting in 85 Dollars... And may I add that I bought the Victoria 5 Pro Suite at 139,97 Dollars, and the Michael 5 Pro Suite at another 139,97 Dollars??

Leave me alone with free givaways of V5 and M5 which I have purchased for expensive money only some months ago.
    I expected and want a FREE update from C8.1 to C8.5 at ZERO Dollars here, after purchasing in June this year, only 2 months ago
    !

Are you going to charge us all again 85 Dollars in three months, when you come out with some bug fixes with version 8.6. ?????????

Post edited by EventMobil on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

Me too $171 ?? After rushing out and buying Platinum Club.

Not getting $85 even though I have C8 upgraded from 7 upgraded from 6 - all Pro.

Not Happy Daz ! Cancelled my order

suppose I'll try again tomorrow.

edited August 2013

OK, when I put C8.5 PRO in my cart...the cart showed the $171. BUT when I went to checkout, it changed to show further discount as I'd joined Platinum.

See attached. It's not a user friendly purchase utiliy!!!

I only owned C8 before not Pro.

:) Seilene

C-8_Pro.png
    737 x 506 - 45K
  • SkyvendikSkyvendik Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Upgrade Carra 8.1 Pro to 8.5 is not for free ? It is result for moths of forced beta testing and acquiring beta keys?! It is great disappointment for me about price approaching for this 3D software !!

• MaartenMaarten Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

I also don't get the 50% discount for having Carrar Pro 8.. Stil 171 dollar. Working with carrara isn't also succesfull at my part, it is not my most used programm. Not worth the price of 171 dollar for an update.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I went and filed a support ticket about the manual version of the native content missing so hopefully that will get fixed. (I guess the V5 and M5 shaders are included in the native content. I hope they didn't remove the older V4 & M4 Carrara shaders as I'm sure new user who start with 8.5 are going to want them.)

I only noticed that the Mimic plugin had an update. DAZ also removed all the older Carrara versions of the plugin. I mentioned that the older versions could no longer be downloaded in my support ticket too.

When I was buying it the price and discount keep changing in the store. I did getting C 8.5 Pro, the Gia Shaders, the Girl Shaders, and the Portrait Studio for $125.28.

The Pro version really didn't need to include V5 & M5 Pro bundles in it. Just the base shapes for them and the Carrara shaders for them would have been enough.

I will definitely not be buying much during the PA because of the upgrade cost. (Currently I'm only looking at getting 2 items now because of the upgrade cost.)

DAZ needs to space out releases a better as we had a new Pro bundle get released just recently.

DAZ at one time was going to have 8.5 be a free upgrade for C8 users. This was what I was told wayback in January of 2012 at Comic Con. Given how bad the economy has been I can see why that changed.

Can't do anything as I don't have a serial for 8.5 Pro at the moment.

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited December 1969

I am in the same boat, I got Carrara 8 Pro this year and asking people who have 8 / 8 Pro to pay for what is essentially an update is a bit much to ask really.. If it was Carrrara 9 / 9 Pro then yes that would be a different story..

Though unless we look at it that we are getting 8.5 free and paying for the 2 Genesis pro packs then maybe that is not so bad..

• senyacsenyac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is what I get with C 8.5 Pro in my shopping cart ,
    if I was a PClub member it would cost $166 ?
    how come others are getting $85 ?

shop.jpg
    691 x 554 - 127K
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:

Can't do anything as I don't have a serial for 8.5 Pro at the moment.

Thanks, so it is not me...

Typical DAZ release, getting so tired off al these "mistakes". already made a support ticket, hope they will resolve everything quickly. Would not recommend buying it now if you already own C8....

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    As near as I can tell, those of us getting the $171 price are people who upgraded to 8.0 Pro from 7.0 (or earlier) -- $171 is the PC 40% off the $285 price. The C8.0 Pro Upgrade is apparently not triggering the 50% cut.

seems to be thats what i did and i now am waiting for the price drop till i buy it ;) Hope to see it tonight when i get home from work.

• edited December 1969

Senyac, you are not alone, I'm exactly in the same situation !

• gellenburggellenburg Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Count me in the same boat.

Longtime Carrara users.

Purchased Carrara 3 on CD.
    Purchased Carrara 4 on CD.
    Upgraded to Carrara 5 Pro.
    Upgraded to Carrara 6 Pro.
    Upgraded to Carrara 7 Pro.
    Upgraded to Carrara 8 Pro.
    Upgraded to Carrara 8.5 Pro.

No serial number.

And didn't receive the full amount of upgrade pricing (w/ Platinum Club).

Not a very good software release/ launch in my opinion.

• NoneNone Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Not getting the $85 off here either - way to go daz, another successful launch :lol:

Post edited by None on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

If you have upgraded, and Paid, not receiving full discount please file a support ticket. In the meantime We will flag this up in the correct quarter.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If you have upgraded, and Paid, not receiving full discount please file a support ticket. In the meantime We will flag this up in the correct quarter.

Already have my dear, already have :)

edited August 2013

senyac said:
    This is what I get with C 8.5 Pro in my shopping cart ,
    if I was a PClub member it would cost $166 ?
    how come others are getting $85 ?

You might try logging out of DAZ altogether and then log back in first. I did that as I went to a different browser to make my purchase.

THAT is weird. It shouldn be forecasting the bigger discount. Can you contact an Administrator on here to see what is going on?

Good luck....this price I can handle, but would be very angry if I was in your situation as we both had C-8.

:( Silene

UPDATE!

I logged OUT of my acct and went to the page with Carrara 8.5 and Pro 8.5. I put Pro in the shopping cart.without being logged in and It shows the bigger price. EG, it's not even showing the $171. You apparently have to be logged in, even if you don't have Plat...to see the price that is NOT $285. Once in, then I did another purchase exercise and as I'm now Plat, it came up again as $89.

So be sure to be logged in when putting stuff in the cart...and go to Checkout to see the price.

:) Silene

• TigrestripeTigrestripe Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

FURB said:
    actually it cost me $196.40 AUD :long:

That's why I'm waiting. Nice time for our dollar to go south.......

:down:

Your not joking. Not to mention when using a CC the bank slugs me for a conversion charge on top of the high street rates.

edited December 1969

it says $171 for me but i should be in the PC and I'm not getting the $85 discount others are :/

• TigrestripeTigrestripe Posts: 65
    edited December 1969

it says $171 for me but i should be in the PC and I'm not getting the $85 discount others are :/

Neither am I. I see $171.00. Each version it has been $99.00 here or there. For full versions. I'm sure it's a glitch and will be corrected.

I could be wrong but it just doesn't seem to be, to me anyway, a "modest upgrade fee."

Ah well.

• HALO creativeHALO creative Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

I'd recommend everyone just sit back and wait until towards the end of the 2 week price deal to make their purchase. A lot can happen in 2 weeks...

Most of the immediate bugs with the pricing should be ironed out within the next day or so, there's a new Platinum Club coupon due on Sunday and there could even be another cross-promotion or larger coupon code in the mail soon that gives a further discount on the already discounted $85.50 price.

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited August 2013

It's really strange - after the end of the Beta I wanted to go back to my original Carrara 7 Express, but guess my surprise, when it turned out, that I now can't access the earlier version as well !

That's not good !!

Post edited by Ghostpanther on
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    KJA79A said:
    The $85.50 discounted price shows in the cart now

cart - $80.50 for me

About the same price for me too. I just bought it. :-)

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

namffuak said:
    As near as I can tell, those of us getting the $171 price are people who upgraded to 8.0 Pro from 7.0 (or earlier) -- $171 is the PC 40% off the $285 price. The C8.0 Pro Upgrade is apparently not triggering the 50% cut.

That's an interesting observation, and you're probably right.

It's offering me $171 rather than $85, and I also upgraded from 7. (In fact, I think I have a continuous upgrade path all the way back to Carrara 1. :o ).

I guess I need to wait a bit for them to sort this out.

I really hope that they've done more than take the last beta, tie a bow on it, and call it a final release. The last beta was a big improvement over previous releases, and even an improvement over the 8.1 release, but there was still work to be done in it.

• edited December 1969

No serial number for me, but I was given the correct pricing. Support ticket submitted. Fingers now crossed that this gets fixed correctly!

On the plus side, I love the Daz download manager. Everything showed up there appropriately. That app just works.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    If you look at the feature list, and the included content the price is very reasonable.

It cuts both ways though: this upgrade is much less attractive for those who already have the content.

An easy solution would have been to also offer the program without additional content at a lower cost. Surely you should have no problem with such an arrangement if the content really is worth "over $250".

• RendernowRendernow Posts: 8
    edited August 2013

Well I think DAZ should learn not to launch anything when the offices are not open...stuff happens and guess what it has. For those who have not been around here a long time. Do not worry about your not receiving the right discounts --they will sort it out. Seems to me a previous owner of pro who is a PC current or just new should get this at that 85 dollar price.

Now for sure some folks were not going to like this price --really depended on four things. The haters of the price had one or more of these going on --Do not use a lot of content. Did own Vic 5 or mike 5 already. Did buy version 8 within 6 months , and were not PC members.

I was not excited about this release as a .5 at this price but I did not own the thrown in content. Which is really odd because for a content centric release one would suspect a lot of those users who may liked this release more have already owned those 2.

So I guess maybe they checked and saw a lot of c8 owners do not own it and might just take that hook for the content. It also makes buying for the new users something of a buy. Even if there were no enhancements to get those two bundles will help original sales especially for new content users.

I am on the fence here to upgrade or not but for me the hook of the content bait does makes me look at that shiny thing spinning next to the hook despite the fact as it is I look more forward to a version 9 and waiting forever than seeing version 8.5 today.

Post edited by Rendernow on
  • KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Yes I too am rather disappointed that us who have C 8.x and PRO should pay alot for an upgrade

- BUT--- thinking about it - Daz software development does have to generate a financial return else DAZ will soon go out of business -its hard economic times for everyone including them. We should pay $ 550 first time for a package like this straight off - most of us bought it for a lot less on sale or various "upgrade" paths (I got mine cheaper through having DZ 4 pro and Bryce 7 pro).

Plus we're getting V5 and M5 PRO bundles which contains alot (even if like me you bought much of this stuff already for studio)
    And , Im sure if we owned one of the other top animation programs we'd be paying alot for upgrade etc too?

SO i'll try not to groan too much about the upgrade price PROVIDED they get the 50% discount for ALL previous PRO owner sorted out. Please DAZ? Else Im going to hold my breath until Carrara 9 and try not to pass out waiting.