Dish Drainer

Has anyone seen a plastic/rubber dish drainer so when my characters do dishes they have something to put them in?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    There is one in the European Style Apartment. Do you own that?
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    edited November 2018

a few kitchens have them but it depends what type, none have one like mine

there is always Turbosquid
    https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/dish-drainer?sort_column=a5&sort_order=asc

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

Have you got Home One Kitchen? There's a wooden one in that (already stacked with dishes.)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,730
    maclean said:

Have you got Home One Kitchen? There's a wooden one in that (already stacked with dishes.)

Oh that kind.  I was thinking of Something to put in the drain.

for some reason my home thinks they are evil or something therefore we do not use one.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited November 2018

Thanks I’ll buy that one. I wanted to do a picture of the guys washing dishes and I was surprised there wasn’t any drainers. Worse none of the sinks are the double kind so you can wash on one side and rinse on the other. Many sinks are awfully tiny overall.

Post edited by Serene Night on
    edited November 2018

I think there aren't many regular plastic ones because it's a bit tricky to model. I mean, it's not impossible - it just requires a bit of patience. I'm actually surprised I haven't done one before now. The first place I looked was in Everyday Household Items, convinced I had one in there, but no.

I'll add one to my list, but it will depend on when I find a pack to put it in.

PS Btw, there's a metal dish rack in Everyday Crockery, but it's more of a display stand (only holds 6 plates).

Post edited by maclean on
    edited November 2018

I played around and whipped up this thing free to use no restrictions at all

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/05/398153dfcd140eb0ce4567b578a34e.zip

not UV mapped as all one solid thing I made a skin and zremeshed it out of my collection of extruded messy carrara tubes

original

final

not to scale probably very tiny in DS as going between programs with obj you never know what will happen with scale

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 275K
    ZBrush Document.jpg
    1120 x 840 - 255K
    zip
    zip
    DISHRACK.zip
    edited November 2018

yes its very tiny just scale it up X 3K 

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 182K

This looks awesome Wendy thank you. I will download later when back at my computer

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

This is officially my favorite thread on Daz to date. We're all asking for Samurai Warriors, Death Star replica's, the Krakken...Serene Night is just trying to get some dishes done and here comes the posse to the resuce. I love Daz!

Btw, right now I'm building a dishwasher (machine). It'll probably appear in March Madness as part of an appliances pack.

Will there be dirty dishes? I would love a washing machine. Stacks of dirt dishes and cups would be awesome too.

'Fraid not. Just making the kitchen appliances is taking me long enough, since they're all pretty large items to build.

I'm halfway through the washing machine now.

• maclean said:

'Fraid not. Just making the kitchen appliances is taking me long enough, since they're all pretty large items to build.

I'm halfway through the washing machine now.

You're halfway through the waching machine?  That sounds..... painful.  oO  Teleport gone wrong?  O0

LOL. The worst is the final spin!