Black Friday sale is BORING... Thank You DAZ

CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
edited November 2018 in The Commons

After the mind roasting bargains of the PA & PC+ sale, is anyone else finding that today's Black Friday sale is... I guess the word isn't quite "underwhelming", but more "been there, done that."?   Aside from the products in Fast Grab, the highest discounts I'm seeing are in the high 60's on DOs.  Which is actually good, now that I think about it, as my credit card needed a chance to rebuild.  Plus it's a good chance to look at some of that handful of vendors whose products never go on sale...

Post edited by Cybersox on

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Underwhelming.

50% off the whole store... except new, PC, and so on. However another store is offering a minimum of 50% off everything including new products.

Half the stuff in my Daz wishlist is at full price, while my entire wishlist at you-know-where is half price or better.

Guess where I'm spending my money?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited November 2018

Yep, it seems like that to me too and like yesterday's Lee 8 Pro offer both sales seem pretty meh. Now if they did something like replacing the 30% introductory price of new releases (including Lee 8 Pro) with a 50% discount then I might be a bit interested. But as it is I get to hang on to what credit I have and wait for some better sale.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Just checked but Rendo has the exact same deal, 50% off... 

I don’t know but 50% on -everything- in a shop is the opposite of meh, imo. There must be something good to buy today laugh

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996
    Paintbox said:

I don’t know but 50% on -everything- in a shop is the opposite of meh, imo. There must be something good to buy today laugh

I agree. 

Ok, we had better prices on some of those stores recently, but right now all stores are on sale, and 50% off is already quite interesting.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,754
    edited November 2018
    Paintbox said:

Well, no,  Rendo's deal is a bit better because it covers new products and their Prime Items (though the Prime products are reduced to 50% off normal price, not Prime Price.) 

And as for 50% off at DAZ... at another time it might seem more exciting, but given that we've just come off an entire month where the average discount on the products in my cart was 80% off, with many item in the 90's... it just doesn't have the same luster.

Of course, there's always the possibility that the Cyber Monday ad will be AMAZING, so...

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Paintbox said:

Not quite Rendo isn't excluding new releases. And compared to other DAZ sales 50% off doesn't seem very spectacular. But, yeh, since it is site wide you might be able to pick up a few things from vendors that don't otherwise go on sale.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505

There's a lot of stuff on sale now that hasn't been on sale for quite a while. If you consider it a rare 50% off sale on those items, this is a decent promotion.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited November 2018
    Paintbox said:

...however their sale goes on all weekend.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • we just been spoilt, bit jaded but yeah something by a PA never in a sale you always wanted could be a bonus

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited November 2018

After the insanity of the last 2 months, and looking back at last year's sale, I was bracing for them to suck us in for one last blowout/ wallet cleansing, credit exorcism before we finally declared bankruptcy. Last year they had freebies every 4 hours, and you had to set your alarm clock to wake up so that you didn't miss any. If I remember correctly, everyone was coming online joking about how they had black rings under their eyes, and how they weren't getting any work done. haha. I don't know if the freebies were good or not, but man, it was a blast. 

50% off is also cool, but its a much more chilled / under the radar kinda sale this year. I'm not surprised though, as this year, black friday fell too close to the end of the PA sale. I'm sure everyone, including the staff are burned out. 

Post edited by BradCarsten on
  • FaydFayd Posts: 2

I wish the interactive licenses were on sale right now, $10 product with a $50 interactive license, no thanks.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...the only sale I can afford to participate in these days is the PC+ sale.

....well...then there was that Flashback sale on Monday where I cleared two i3 sets off my wishlist for 3.85$ with the 70% discount and my 6$ PC coupon as both were Dazzy-Os.

Makes up for missing out on using last month's coupon.

Pretty much done for the rest of the year (well maybe a couple items off the WL over at Rendo's Black Friday sale, nice cars, planes, and apocalyptic sets).

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

There's a lot of stuff on sale now that hasn't been on sale for quite a while. If you consider it a rare 50% off sale on those items, this is a decent promotion.

Exactly. the store could be 80% off and some would still complain. frown

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

I actually like the simplicity of the sale. Many people often complain that the sales are too complicated. Well this one's not. :) I can easily see what I want, check out, and be done with it. Sure, there was more excitement last year when we had to come back every four hours over Thanksgiving. But we've just had two and a half months of excitement. A calmer sale is not that bad in my opinion.

• Well, it's not much compared to the PC+ sale, but it's on par with Rendo's. 

Except, I think Rendo's deal is a little sweeter, since there's some creators over there who rarely ever go on sale for various reasons (either they've passed on, stopped making stuff years ago, or never participate in sales). Everyone at Daz goes on sale at least once during the year, iirc.

Ati said:

. But we've just had two and a half months of excitement. A calmer sale is not that bad in my opinion.

Hence the title of the thread. :)  I might buy something, I might not, but I certainly don't feel pressured to buy anything right now if I don't want to. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Cybersox said:
    Ati said:

. But we've just had two and a half months of excitement. A calmer sale is not that bad in my opinion.

Hence the title of the thread. :)  I might buy something, I might not, but I certainly don't feel pressured to buy anything right now if I don't want to. 

Yeah. There are some good deals, but no insanely good deals. I put some items in the cart that are at their all-time lowest price now, and will most likely pull the trigger at the end of the day.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Is there a way to search that will only show items on sale?
    I'd rather not wade through all of the new and PC+ items.

Petercat said:

The DAZ Deals add-on (see Ati's sig, above) let's you hide the PC+ items.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,129
    Petercat said:

Or try this: https://www.daz3d.com/shop#index=0&filter_platClub=0&filter_new=0&filtered=1

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    +1 OP
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 958

This is.... underwhelming. Maybe there will be some mid-day flash sale? Or am I being too optimistic? :)]

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,305
    edited November 2018
    evacyn said:

This is.... underwhelming. Maybe there will be some mid-day flash sale? Or am I being too optimistic? :)]

You are probably too optimistic.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,327

It's dull, but I'll take it. It's only impressive enough to encourage me to buy a few items that are otherwise seldom (if ever) on sale, but that includes some pretty useful tools.

• 3anson3anson Posts: 313

+100

• After all I've spent on the recent big events I am happy with a sale that doesn't doesn't appeal to me at all. :-D

• After all I've spent on the recent big events I am happy with a sale that doesn't doesn't appeal to me at all. :-D

Yeah, i am thankful for the respite as well.
  • Exactly. the store could be 80% off and some would still complain. 

No, what people want is something that REWARDS as you purchase.

I can exactly name the deals we wanted. I really can.

a) Buy 1 new release (yeah, have some new releases for the weekend), get X% off, buy 2, get X% off, buy 3 new releases get....X% off. That would be different than the PC sale and still be an incentive.

b) For those that bought [INSERT 3 DIFFERENT categories] get an extra~ 20% off for Black Friday.

c) Trigger Deals. Shop by category and SAVE big. From this (HUGE) list of [INSERT GENRE] stacking discounts. Buy 4 or more and get X% off (must buy all items from listed category and does not include new...yadda yadda). Again, different from PC- bunch of items for $2.99 etc...

d) Buy the Lee 8 bundle (or owners of the Lee bundle) Get a MASSIVE discount on all things Asian/Eastern (from a HUGE list of participating vendors). the deep discounts will MAKE YOU get one of the Lee bundles..

------------------------

And I can think of many, many sales ideas....(I used to do this for a living, sorta)

VENDOR appreciation sale...

OWN 10 or more items from ANY vendor and get X% off the rest of their catalog.

Special discount for those that want to stock up and become eligible for Veteran Daz Shopper discounts. Add 5 or more items from any single vendor and get X amount of savings...

SECRET SANTA

Add a gift card to your cart and you won't know it's value till AFTER you've bought it. Depending on what you add to the cart- it will change the value of the gift card. Again, you will ONLY see the value till you add it as store credit. On the back end it's 25% of your cart's total- after discounts...so if you bought $100 dollars worth of Daz Products, you get $25 bucks in store credit. The store can modify the conditions to make it feasible.

If you buy a small amount, maybe only 10 -15% or twenty, past $50 etc....

I can do this all day.

• And, and, you can lean the discounts so maybe Pro Bundles weigh more than poses. Or tutorials weigh more than poses or Daz originals add LOTS of weight, PC+ adds almost none.

Let the shoppes spend all day trying to decode the system and post hints an tips and cart examples. Give us a Weekend to experiment and play. 

------------

Treasure hunt. An item in EVERT category is free for a day. The only way to find it is to navigate to the page or sort the ENTIRE store by price and see what GOOD items shows up first, under FREE.

Or sort your wishlist by price and see what comes up early.....* Somebody will obviously figure this out.

----------------------

CYBER MONDAY - any product with cyber (or basically sci-fi related and technology is on sale.)

Black Friday #2 Flash Sale (No, strike that first thought)..Any and all black outfits are on sale, (based on main promo image). So all those cat suits and lingerie and suits and...and...are on sale together

EASTER EGG. Buy an item with a HORRIBLE description and promo image get a secret, better item. - A daz original. A shader, an Easter Nook etc.... Those items also eventually become $1.99 PC+ so you don't have to miss out- after Easter Passes if you didn't want to play.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722

The vendors probably would.

This discussion has been closed.