FaceShifter for Genesis 8 Female

daniel.p.dye@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 156
edited February 2020 in Freebies

FaceShifter for Genesis 8 Female by InTheFlesh

A collection of 48 Facial Expressions for Genesis 8 Female.

Custom sculpted based on FACS (Facial Action Coding System), these expressions will add additional realism to your facial animations or poses.

Use individually, or combine with other expressions for increased flexibility.

FaceShifter For Genesis 8 Femaleimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

Originally optimized for Faceshift with 1 to 1 mapping for easy import, but can be used for many other purposes.

Shaping Presets for the expressions will show in the Content Library under People\Genesis 8 Female\Expressions\InTheFlesh\FaceShifter G8F

Expressions can be found in Parameters\Genesis 8 Female\Pose Controls\Head\Expressions\FaceShifter G8F

-------------------------------------------------------------

Useage Tutorial Video:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Download from Gumroad for $0, or pay what you like to show your support:

https://gum.co/uZlSc

Or, download at ShareCG:

https://sharecg.com/v/92621/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/FaceShifter-For-Genesis-8-Female

Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• You're ShareCG page is lacking a download link.

• Sorry about that, download link fixed

• Just picked this up and the G8M one. Thank you for these

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

Thank you for these smiley

• Thanks these are nice, is there a way to combine instead of switch them?

• daniel.p.dye@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 156
    edited November 2018

Thanks these are nice, is there a way to combine instead of switch them?

You can find the individual sliders for controlling each expression under Parameters\Genesis 8 Female\Pose Controls\Head\Expressions\FaceShifter G8F

Dial in whichever combinations you like

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

ah, here they are.  Thanks so much.  So these are morphed facial expressions.  WOW!  Thanks so much!  Got both!  Very realistic for sure! 

• Cool Thanks again

• RAMWolff said:

ah, here they are.  Thanks so much.  So these are morphed facial expressions.  WOW!  Thanks so much!  Got both!  Very realistic for sure! 

Yep, I custom sculpted these morph based expressions in Maya using FACS as reference. Unfortunately the Adjust Rigging To Shape feature wasn't giving me great results, so almost every morph has hand tweaked joint positions. Not perfect by any means, but I had 96 morphs to get through and wanted to release this as a freebie cheeky

I'll be ordering the latest iPhone soon to take advantage of the facial mocap posibilities, so I'll either update this product to support the blendshapes required by Face ID or I'll release a new version with the additional blendshapes and correct naming convention.

Ultimately, if I one day end up becoming a PA I'd love to do a HD version if this based on 3d facial scans.

• Great work! Indeed, this type of product would greatly benefit from HD resolution, as some of the folds, etc. required for full compliance with FACS tend to be too small and detailed for the base resolution. Did you look into things such as FaceWare Tech for iClone (http://facewaretech.com/products/software/realtime-for-iclone/)?

• Did you look into things such as FaceWare Tech for iClone (http://facewaretech.com/products/software/realtime-for-iclone/)?

I've had previous experience with the full Faceware system, so was quite glad to see it being implemented into other software at a lower price point. Unfortunately it's still out of my current price range, and I'm not a big fan of the iClone workflow and ecosystem in general.

An iPhone is something a large amount of people will eventually have access to as time goes on, and the previously released iPhone X has already seen a lot of development within the indie game developers communities. 

I'd be open to supporting iClone in a later product if I was to utilize it myself though

• I am also not enthusiastic about iClone - it rather seems to be a possible stepping stone for the facial mocap, e.g., to bring it into Unity. I have colleagues working with an Optitrack system. We also a license for FaceWare (Live, Analyzer, Retargeter) - but still missing a good way of bringing the facial Mocap into the game engine. Would you see a better piepline for that?

• Sweet! Thanks - like to use as a starting point!

• Thanks so much for these! They're easily the best expression morphs I've seen for G8, and IMO easily good enough to turn into a commercial product. I downloaded from Sharecg, but will be re-downloading from gum.co and contributing to show my support.

Now I have to ask: is there any chance that you'll be doing the same for G3, which is my mainstay figure these days (by about something like 10:1)? If so, I'd be first in line to offer more support.smiley

edited November 2018

I am also not enthusiastic about iClone - it rather seems to be a possible stepping stone for the facial mocap, e.g., to bring it into Unity. I have colleagues working with an Optitrack system. We also a license for FaceWare (Live, Analyzer, Retargeter) - but still missing a good way of bringing the facial Mocap into the game engine. Would you see a better piepline for that?

Game dev isn't my focus but I expect as the tools gain in popularity, more and more workflows will be offered to handle the data. For example, Unreal already has built in support for utlizing the iphone x for facial mocap directly on characters live in engine. I'm sure the folks at FaceWare would have rock solid workflows for using their data in engine too. 

• Blind Owl said:

Thanks so much for these! They're easily the best expression morphs I've seen for G8, and IMO easily good enough to turn into a commercial product. I downloaded from Sharecg, but will be re-downloading from gum.co and contributing to show my support.

Now I have to ask: is there any chance that you'll be doing the same for G3, which is my mainstay figure these days (by about something like 10:1)? If so, I'd be first in line to offer more support.smiley

Woah, that's so kind, thank you so much! smiley It's funny you mention G3, as the first version of this product I'd developed for personal use was for G3M. It differs vastly in quality though to this version, so I no longer even have the files (wouldn't have been worth sharing). I moved to G8 as my base figure, and most of my freebies are things I'm making for a specific purpose in personal projects which is why they target G8 primarily.

My schedule is pretty full until the holiday period, which is when I plan to begin work on the next iteration of this product. As mentioned above, I would like to support more facial mocap systems with one to one mapping for easy interoperability, and I would like to support both G3 and G8. Whether that will be released as a freebie or as a paid product, I'm not quite sure yet. There are lots of imporvements and features I want to include which will take a decent chunk of time, but the results will hopefully be worth it in the end.

So yes, I'd like to support G3 but I feel the time would be better spent on an improved version.

Cheers!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

These are freakin great! I loaded them up in the Simtenero randomizer and the range of random realistic expressions was amazing! I can see getting lots of use out of these. Thanks so much!

• Wonderful many thanks and kudos for your hard work and time put into them!

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226

Thanks for sharing this.  I've downloaded but have no idea how to install.   Would welcome instruction from anyone, appreciate it.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

Jake, there are two ways you can "install" the content:

1. The Quick-and-Dirty way - right click on the .zip archive and choose "extract" from the popup menu. You will then be asked where you wish to extract the contents, so browse to your DAZ content folder (My Library or whatever yours is called) and then click "OK". That should do it.

2. The better way - extract the contents of the .zip archive to a temporary location\folder on your hard drive. Once extracted you will see three folders and one file (a readme file). The first folder called Previews and the Readme.txt files are of no use within DAZ Studio so you put them wherever you like. The other two folders, People and Data, need to be selected, then dragged and dropped into your content folder. (Note: if your content folder is called MY3DStuff or whatever, you drag to that folder). You will be asked if you wish to overwrite any duplicate files in each folder and just say yes - it won't actually overwrite anything, its just a precaution. That will do it.

• jake_fjake_f Posts: 226

Thanks SixDS.  I spent the day learning how to install freebies, so I should be able to do this now.  Looking forward to seeing this product in action.  Thanks to intheflesh!

• aniani02aniani02 Posts: 30

so I have a character I made, and wanna export to faceshift, when I click on morphs to select the morphs to export, I can't find these :'(...

edited March 2019
    aniani02 said:

so I have a character I made, and wanna export to faceshift, when I click on morphs to select the morphs to export, I can't find these :'(...

I've responded to your message, but figured I would post it here for others too:

You can download a CSV file of all the morphs here: http://www.inthefleshart.com/freebies/FaceShifter_Export_Rules.zip. Unzip the .CSV file. 

When exporting to .FBX, you need to edit the morph export rules to specify which morphs you would like to export. 

At the bottom of the window that opens when you click "Edit Export Morph Rules..." there is a button that says "Import CSV Rules". Click it, and navigate to the .CSV file you extracted from the downloaded .ZIP linked above. NOTE: THIS WILL WIPE ANY OTHER MORPHS ALREADY LISTED. CLICK "EXPORT CSV RULES" FIRST TO SAVE A COPY OF YOUR CURRENT MORPHS TO EASILY RESTORE LATER.

That will import all the morph rules to export FaceShifter morphs. Depending on other morph packages that you own, additional morphs may be exported as well if they are similarly named.

Please note this will override any other morphs you already have set for export. After importing the .CSV file you can still add any other morphs you'd like to export too.

aniani02 said:

I've responded to your message, but figured I would post it here for others too:

You can download a CSV file of all the morphs here: http://www.inthefleshart.com/freebies/FaceShifter_Export_Rules.zip. Unzip the .CSV file. 

When exporting to .FBX, you need to edit the morph export rules to specify which morphs you would like to export. 

At the bottom of the window that opens when you click "Edit Export Morph Rules..." there is a button that says "Import CSV Rules". Click it, and navigate to the .CSV file your extracted from the downloaded .ZIP linked above.

That will import all the morph rules to export FaceShifter morphs.

Please note this will override any other morphs you already have set for export. After importing the .CSV file you can still add any other morphs you'd like to export too.

Thank you very much for your reply, i'll make sure to try that once i get home... In theory, once i export from faceshift, everything should fit, or i'm supposed to change something from faceshift export ?
    "sorry for asking the noob questions" 

edited March 2019
    aniani02 said:

In theory, once i export from faceshift, everything should fit, or i'm supposed to change something from faceshift export ?

Sorry, not sure I understand what you're asking. This product is designed for exporting morphs from Daz for use in Faceshift, but not for importing animation from Faceshift to Daz if that's what you mean. My workflow is Daz -> Maya -> Faceshift -> Back to Maya for final rendering. So I can't help with getting animation data back into Daz. There's some information in this thread that may apply to this workflow though (talks about Faceware, but principals will be the same): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/301436/facial-mocap-for-daz-using-faceware. Search for other posts by Bryan Steagall on the forums as he's posted other useful information too. 

When importing your .FBX into Faceshift you simply need to map the blendshapes to the matching names. For the joints, use: 

• jointNeck - upperNeck
    • jointEyeLeft - lEye
    • jointEyeRight - rEye

If you exported the eyelashes as well, map the corresponding eyelash blendshapes too. I would reccomend not doing this however, and instead deleting the eyelashes before exporting from Daz for simplicity. This may even be necessary to be able to import the facial animation data back to Daz.

I'd export the .fst mapping files from Faceshift for you, but I don't have access to it on this machine.  

aniani02 said:

In theory, once i export from faceshift, everything should fit, or i'm supposed to change something from faceshift export ?

Sorry, not sure I understand what you're asking. This product is designed for exporting morphs from Daz for use in Faceshift, but not for importing animation from Faceshift to Daz if that's what you mean. My workflow is Daz -> Maya -> Faceshift -> Back to Maya for final rendering. So I can't help with getting animation data back into Daz. There's some information in this thread that may apply to this workflow though (talks about Faceware, but principals will be the same): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/301436/facial-mocap-for-daz-using-faceware. Search for other posts by Bryan Steagall on the forums as he's posted other useful information too. 

When importing your .FBX into Faceshift you simply need to map the blendshapes to the matching names. For the joints, use: 

• jointNeck - upperNeck
    • jointEyeLeft - lEye
    • jointEyeRight - rEye

If you exported the eyelashes as well, map the corresponding eyelash blendshapes too. I would reccomend not doing this however, and instead deleting the eyelashes before exporting from Daz for simplicity. This may even be necessary to be able to import the facial animation data back to Daz.

I'd export the .fst mapping files from Faceshift for you, but I don't have access to it on this machine.  

fst would help so much, thanks again for your feedback... what i came across is f-clone, that manages to export pz2 file to use directly in daz, but nowhere close to faceshift as far the quality goes. I found some freebie that converts faceshift exports to pz2, but apparently only the neck is what's moving, so i conclude that is only a problem of matching those bones... I'll make sure to keep u guys updated. again, thank you very much for your contribution intheflesh, really appreciate it !

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

These worked thanks!  Looks good  :)  I just copied the data folder, and not the rest, as I would only use the slider controls.

Back with an update, these worked great, the only problem left is getting the animations back to daz... i'm kinda stuck, UGH ! Anybody has an idea of an approach ?

• KennethCKennethC Posts: 24
    Wow. These are wonderful. Ive been working a long time one facial motion capture pipeline faceware fsceshift and facecap (which I use the most now), and I ve been building g3m g3f n g8m blendshapes to work with iphone x. So far Ive been getting good results with them. Facecap to capture then export fbx to maya then in maya I connect the fbx's bss to that of daz bss and also connect the eye rotation n head neck rotation. One thing I noticed in your bss is the mouth close is missing. Not sure how you managed to work with fsceshift without mouth closed..You jawchew isnt the same shape. Iphone x needs the mouth close done perfectly right for it to work. Anywyas thanks a ton for your shapes.. Im going to download and try them with fwceshift facecap and see if some of the morphs are better than my custom sculpted ones.. then I will surely send you some support money. Please let me know your email or email me at [email protected] I really would like a pal with similar workflow to duscuss things. I also am now able to use these facial mocap in unity and unreal as well..with bss driven wrinklemaps.. Best
  • edited September 2019

Thank you for the great work!

Unfortunately it is not all morphs which are needed by Faceshift.
    Namely these are missing:

• LipsTogether
    • LipsUpperUp_L
    • LipsUpperUp_R
    • LipsLowerDown_L
    • LipsLowerDown_R
    • MouthPress_L
    • MouthPress_R
    • Sneer_L
    • Sneer_R
    Post edited by ms794778_b1f6db3b51 on