off topic thread

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

possibly I read too many facebook posts blush

yeah everyone offended by something these days, its a slippery path, I would be scared to visit any country in case I offended someone, good thing I am poor. cheeky

It's mainly the gorjer who feel that Romani are upset by the term gypsy.  Although it is not an accurate term it has been in use for so long that it is accepted by them.  Many would rather be called Gypsy than traveller,  because traveller was originally associated with the Irish travellers and there was often bad feelings among the two groups in the UK. Now it is even worse because true Roma and Irish gypsies do not like the "New Age" travellers.  Nor were they happy about the number of Romanians of non Roma descent (who were entering the UK illegally before Romania became a member of the EU.)   who were begging on London streets and calling themselves Romany. 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    New plugin for Maya and Blender brings VR to the 3D world. The Blender version is free and open source. A video shows the possibilities. https://uploadvr.com/marui-plugins-bring-vr-support-to-3d-tools-maya-and-blender/
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

oh dear Phil, you committed a very unfortunate faux pax blush

I as an Australian was just as ignorant of the significance of war bonnets until some American Indian friends schooled me, while I think cultural appropriation arguments go too far in matters of criticism of wearing ones hair in braids etc which are simply fashion dress styles religious and other such symbols are best left well alone.

tell me more - I am just finishing a small Trail of Tears image for a time line - will I be stepping on toes with certain body ornaments?

Mysstarrrra - that can be arranged ;)

smileyt-shirts?

trying to think of a dude character name that sorts rhymes with carrara

femmes theres sara, tara, cara,   Lara  laugh

Italian has a lotta vowels wink mebbe an Itaian name

everbody sleeping?

think i'se out of sync with the carrara universe

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,187
    Mystarra said:

everbody sleeping?

think i'se out of sync with the carrara universe

No, I always enjoy your posts.  I just had a live action video friend ask about getting into animation.  He knew about my Carrara animations. And I did suggest it as a great 3D animation bargain.  But I suggested Smith-Micros "Moho" as a 2D starting point (a 30 day free trial).  He thinks he'll try it.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited November 2018

there you go Mystarra, a quick bash up ;)

easy to make your own, they have templates to download

red Bubble is great, quality stuff but the prices are steep.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

Image may contain: 3 people

Post edited by Headwax on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Cold, rainy, dreary.  I see some hot chocolate in my future.

Andrew, thanks for the cool products tip. My family members may curse you when they open this year's Christmas gifts and discover Brash and Moxie paraphanalia.    

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,790

I can just see my Hairy Scary Bananas on a Tee devil

must go and check it out....

• is it just me?

when I see a username followed by the random letters and numbers and a default avatar posting stuff I think n00b cannot even change forum settlings, trying to explain stuff to  this one is going to be too hard cheeky

edited November 2018

think there'll be a cat 8?

tee hee  pepe le pew, falling in love with the cat with the accidental paint stripe

Post edited by Mistara on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited November 2018

Cold, rainy, dreary.  I see some hot chocolate in my future.

Andrew, thanks for the cool products tip. My family members may curse you when they open this year's Christmas gifts and discover Brash and Moxie paraphanalia.    

Ha ha hahahahahah :) I havent been cursed for hours :) I have a constant stream of mugs coming in I use for presents - so my relatives can no longer move into their kitchens because of the mug plague I have brought upon them :) The Red Bubble Mugs are good - I used to have stuff made in china but it wasnt dishwasher safe.

Mystarra - Cat 8 - paws crossed

I can just see my Hairy Scary Bananas on a Tee devil

must go and check it out....

:) Looking forwaed to that!!

blender?

https://www.facebook.com/sybogames/videos/357309765005336/

Post edited by Headwax on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Hey Wendy... look!  

https://www.daz3d.com/wurlie-electric-organ

I see people have changed their usernames... I had mine changed by admin ages ago as in the old forum they used your account name email prefix when I signed up and I didn't want that out there.  And I did have SileneUK in the account profile, so they changed it for me. Then in the new forum I see all these weird long ones and somehow people have changed or gotten them change.  But I do not see any place to change it on my own in the edit profile section.

Not a biggie, just wondering how you did it?

indecision  Silene

• SileneUK said:

Hey Wendy... look!  

https://www.daz3d.com/wurlie-electric-organ

I see people have changed their usernames... I had mine changed by admin ages ago as in the old forum they used your account name email prefix when I signed up and I didn't want that out there.  And I did have SileneUK in the account profile, so they changed it for me. Then in the new forum I see all these weird long ones and somehow people have changed or gotten them change.  But I do not see any place to change it on my own in the edit profile section.

Not a biggie, just wondering how you did it?

indecision  

its in your DAZ account under password

you untick the change password part 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited November 2018

yes I had to play one of those at a Church that used to be in my parish

a Hammond organ with a Leslie speaker

I was scared of it devil

smelt like ozone, was afraid of electrocution 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

yes I had to play one of those at a Church that used to be in my parish

a Hammond organ with a Leslie speaker

I was scared of it devil

smelt like ozone, was afraid of electrocution 

Got it... cheers!

Yes, the smell of old valves (tubes) full of cobwebs and dust. Ugh!

cheeky  Silene

internet has been down most of the day so I took the wife and daughter shopping...... eeeeek!

one front loading washing machine and line trimmer later! devil

• nooooooo internets surprise I'd be hotspotting my phone or trawling the malls, Hungry Jacks or the library's like there's no tomorrow cheeky

front loading

there s a zen space watching laundry tumble cycle thru a window

+ is a feline belly warmer 

hungry jacks sounds like pancakes?

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,610
    Mystarra said:

front loading

there s a zen space watching laundry tumble cycle thru a window

+ is a feline belly warmer 

hungry jacks sounds like pancakes?

Hungry Jacks is a fast food takeaway selling hamburgers/beef burgers/chicken burgers.

nooooooo internets surprise I'd be hotspotting my phone or trawling the malls, Hungry Jacks or the library's like there's no tomorrow cheeky

I see what you did there lol .. laugh

my 2nd favorite madcatlady animationheart

try singing to this music, yoo ppreciate how difficult it is

old favourite

uh ohs  hope i didnt kill thread

On another note Misty, Hivewire will soon be releasing their deer... you should go and check out the WiPs on it.

may be just what you’re after wink

• fighting solves everything 

really DAZ?

• my brain hates me

my arthritic knee is playing up so in a dream my brain made me work at my job wrapping sausage rolls  for a modeling exercise in Carrara believe it or not! deliberately clicking it aggravating the injuries.

imagining the flying reindeer are union workersm prolly wouldnt let flying caribou step in

my brain hates me

my arthritic knee is playing up so in a dream my brain made me work at my job wrapping sausage rolls  for a modeling exercise in Carrara believe it or not! deliberately clicking it aggravating the injuries.

i got 5 minutes left for the bus to work >.<
    i go for my eye inj later,
    wonder if vicki's morph injections painful to her >.<

i'm on skype all by myself  sigh

wanna play geralt, but my eye dilated, typos onimous

This discussion has been closed.