Released - Content Package Assist (Commercial)

12346»

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909

Um, a shortcut is created on the Desktop (if enabled in DIM). The Help File refers to CPA as a application in various places. That said, I'll add it.

• daz 3d  content package assist ,i always get this

access is denied

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    ed113067 said:

daz 3d  content package assist ,i always get this

access is denied

At what point do you get this message?

• ed113067 said:

access is denied

i found its someting with avast, when i turn avast off everything works, and added exception for daz and bwc folder but didnt help...but go off line and turn avast off...everything works. go offline just because i turn avast off.

• ed113067 said:
    ed113067 said:

access is denied

i found its someting with avast, when i turn avast off everything works, and added exception for daz and bwc folder but didnt help...but go off line and turn avast off...everything works. go offline just because i turn avast off.....what should be put in source prefix?

• That's not a CPA issue, it's an Avast false positive. Exclude everything in the BWC folder.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

This product looks really interesting.  So if I am understanding right, this would allow me to take all of my third party content items and repackage to be installed via DIM?  Right now I have been using the old Rendoinstall 2.0 to put things in their proper place.  Then I have to categorize, create a new product, and edit metadata and export to Runtime/Support in DAZ to create a Smart Content item.

Some questions:

1. Has this been updated to work natively on MacOS (I am on Sierra)

2. When using this, does it create Smart Content item?

Thanks

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

The product page says "This product is for Windows PC only."

It does not create metadata for Smart Content.

• i really love to get this tool but i feel its lacking in somethings that are needed and we have no option for.

it should support metadata inputs in the dsx file, data like: artists, StoreID, Description, Audience, Tags and Categories for files and folders (recursive)

while manual input is neat and all but in the spirit of ease of use and QoL this tool should have a html parser for metadata.
    with a html parser you should be easily able to parse most of not all the info needed for most of the fields without manual input.
    And since there is so many store fronts and such, presets for the sites itself should be easy to edit and add to the tool if new sites are needed. (xml, yaml or text files with a ref file that people can edit and use for new sites)

Love the thought about this tool, but its a really missed opportunity.
    It creates the product package for ease of use and installing, but no easy option to input metadata in the file itself?
    at that point you are forced to input metadata in DS which doesnt save it to the zip install file which just adds to more work, esp when it can be offloaded to a program automatically or semi-automatically.

its sad that the only option for as asset installer/manager is DIM so there is no easy option for managing for the other stores and assets. other than converting adding dsx and dsa file, which your tool is one of the few that does so it seems.
    but sadly all manual slow input without all the input options. Your tool is pretty much the only one out (from what i can find anyway) that got it this far, just need a bit more to be better IMO.

• It is in the pipeline.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

It is in the pipeline.

If it can be updated to include metadata so items from the other stores will show up in Smart Content that would be awesome and would make it actually usable for me.  I had high hopes for it when I purchased it, but right now it's quicker and easier for me to manually extract and install everything the old fashioned way.  If this can be made to give everything smart content entries, then it will immediately become one of the most valuable utilities in my library.

• It is in the pipeline.

thats really great news! something like this is needed just not for daz but content in general as metadata is important.
    parsing zip filenames to get the id might also be an important step for automatization. 
    Also having an option to either paste/write in the ID on the site itself or paste in an url or even drag in an url for a zip file or a set can also be useful for those times parsing of the filename files.

really looking forward to an update then and will stalk the changelog for sure!

• Any update on this? been 2 months. I guess there is sadly no plans to work and update this. 

Also had another idea that could work great with the program. if you watched the metadata files in your library and reacted when they have been edited some last time (could be a single manual check too).
    It could sync the metadata files back into the zip file so if the user say edits the data on certain assets like changing or correcting something it will be reflected in the metadata in the zip aswell.

This will only work if Daz Studio doesnt actually write to the files at all outside of the users manual edits.
    This will stream line so much of the hassle with the metadata in the long run, and you would want to keep your zipped assets after all. but you dont want to lose your metadata if something where lost.

• Two months isn't that long for development work, especially if Doctor Jellybean has other projects in said pipeline which may be higher up on the development chain. :)

I live in this program these days, so I'm excited for any updates too, so I get it.

• Any update on this? been 2 months. I guess there is sadly no plans to work and update this.

As Demiurgent stated, 2 months isn't that long.

The updates are still in the pipeline, just taking a bit longer than planned.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited March 2018

It is in the pipeline.

I am very excited to know more about this. Nowdays, build metadata it's a very laborious task. Currently, My workflow for third party products is build metadata using the Content DB Editor following with build a package installer using CPA and use DIM to manage all my products installers. Very happy with this but is some time consuming task. I am curious how will be the update and if you need some feedback or a beta tester I will be more than glad to help.

Post edited by MBusch on

I haven't used Content Package Assist for a few months, but it used to work fine. Today it won't display an interface window on the screen when I run the application. Task Manager shows the process running. I uninstalled the product with DIM and reinstalled. I have rebooted my computer multiple times, but nothing I have tried will make this product display the interface window. Is there a way to get this working again?

CPA version  1.0.0.31
    Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.191

CPA Task Manager.png
    1262 x 313 - 23K
  • barbult said:

I haven't used Content Package Assist for a few months, but it used to work fine. Today it won't display an interface window on the screen when I run the application. Task Manager shows the process running. I uninstalled the product with DIM and reinstalled. I have rebooted my computer multiple times, but nothing I have tried will make this product display the interface window. Is there a way to get this working again?

CPA version  1.0.0.31

Very strange. I've just used it to create a package on my 64 bit Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.165 system.

barbult said:

CPA version  1.0.0.31

Very strange. I've just used it to create a package on my 64 bit Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.165 system.

Thank you for checking. Is there a possibility that the window is off screen or minimized in some way that prevents me from seeing it? I can't see any hint of it on the monitor screen. I don't see any controls to maximize it or bring it to the main screen. When I right click on the pinned icon for CPA in my taskbar, it only shows the choices in the attached screenshot. If I select Content Package Assist from that list of choices, nothing happens (at least nothing visible that I can see).

CPA right click in taskbar.png
    256 x 112 - 4K
    edited August 2018

I fixed it!
    With some help from Google I found this link.The trick about using Alt+Tab to make my invisible CPA window active, followed by Shift+RightClick in the taskbar button, let me maximize the CPA window and get it back under control.

Post edited by barbult on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,909
    edited August 2018
    barbult said:

I fixed it!
    With some help from Google I found this link.The trick about using Alt+Tab to make my invisible CPA window active, followed by Shift+RightClick in the taskbar button, let me maximize the CPA window and get it back under control.

That's good to hear! Now if we can only figure out why it happened in the first place :).

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Hi all, I bought this program some time ago while under the impression that the products would show up as Smart Content. I've finally found time to test it, and it seems it doesn't yet do this. Is this still in the pipeline, or am I overlooking that option?

• wteening said:

Hi all, I bought this program some time ago while under the impression that the products would show up as Smart Content. I've finally found time to test it, and it seems it doesn't yet do this. Is this still in the pipeline, or am I overlooking that option?

This is planned for a future update, which is taking longer than we hoped.

• I'm sorry to hear that it's taking longer than hoped, but I'm glad it's still planned.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574
    edited March 2021

So this looks like a useful tool. Is this still in development? I have it in my wishlist but I wanted to make sure it works with the most recent version of DIM and see if the addition of metadata will still be included in the future. Since it's been a few years for an update, I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

Is there any other tool like this that can make DIM installers and makes metadata?

Post edited by Quasar on

Quasar said:

So this looks like a useful tool. Is this still in development? I have it in my wishlist but I wanted to make sure it works with the most recent version of DIM and see if metadata will still be added. Since it's been a few years for an update, I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

Is there any other tool like this that can make DIM installers and makes metadata?

This product does not make metadata. 

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

barbult said:

Quasar said:

So this looks like a useful tool. Is this still in development? I have it in my wishlist but I wanted to make sure it works with the most recent version of DIM and see if metadata will still be added. Since it's been a few years for an update, I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

This product does not make metadata. 

`Sorry for not being clear. I meant to ask the PA if the software will still be updated so it will create metadata at some point. I'll update the original post too.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

There's this one that makes DIM installable zips and is fairly fast, and there's Content Wizard that installs and makes metadata for Smart Content really well, but not zips and is often slower, as those are two separate operations.  Both products do what they do very well.  For now, though, we have to choose between Smart Content and the ease of uninstallation we get with DIM. 

I don't think it's actually possible for anyone but Daz to do both, but I hope someone eventually will prove me wrong.  

• Quasar said:

So this looks like a useful tool. Is this still in development? I have it in my wishlist but I wanted to make sure it works with the most recent version of DIM and see if the addition of metadata will still be included in the future. Since it's been a few years for an update, I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

CPA is a DIM installer creation app, and there are no plans to create metadata in the near future.