Released - Content Package Assist (Commercial)

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845
    edited May 2016
    MBusch said:

Can I ask for a feature? When reading a DIM package to update or modify, the application could read the supplement to keep previous Compatibility Tags.

We certainly can have a look at it. The first update is done, and will hopefully be available soon.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Kharma said:

Do you have a link to the readme pdf so I can check it out before I decide to purchase?

I'll ask Daz tomorrow if they can add it to the Documentation page.

I'm thinking about purchasing, but not seeing the link. I know I can return it, but I'd sooner not buy it than have to return it; the PDF might influence me either way.

edited May 2016
    nicstt said:
    Kharma said:

Do you have a link to the readme pdf so I can check it out before I decide to purchase?

I'm thinking about purchasing, but not seeing the link. I know I can return it, but I'd sooner not buy it than have to return it; the PDF might influence me either way.

Oops.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/30735/start

Do note that it doesn't include the updates, as the update isn't live yet.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited May 2016

Was using this last night, going back over a bunch of my purchases from other sites, and love being able to put multiple .zips in one package (hair, morphs, textures etc).  Sure beats doing it all manually like I used to... open each zip and manually copy all the folders into the right places.  A big thumbs up (yes) to this product!!

It still drives me crazy how things get sorted in the library though!!!  Example:  the Veepster car and textures... not in the Daz library, but the poser one (ok, that part I get)... took forever to find the actual car... and why on earth would the textures be in the `Pose` section instead of `Materials`.  This stuff makes my eyes bleed and head explode.  haha  I waste more time trying to find stuff than it takes to make an entire scene!  cheeky

Edit:  Forgot to ask... Is there space for more than one picture if you are combining multiple zip files?  Example:  if you put in a vehicle zip and a texture for the vehicle zip, can you put in a picture for the car and a different one for the textures?

Post edited by Stryder87 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    nicstt said:
    Kharma said:

Oops.

Thanks.  Bookmarked!  :-)

edited May 2016

The Image feature in the forthcoming update is solely for the Product icon, it can only use one.

Poser textures .... if they are in mc5, mt6, etc, format, then they are Materials. Textures in pz2 format are Pose.

• The Image feature in the forthcoming update is solely for the Product icon, it can only use one.

Poser textures .... if they are in mc5, mt6, etc, format, then they are Materials. Textures in pz2 format are Pose.

And to expand on the Poser part a bit; it's my understanding that as Poser and DAZ Studio evolved, they retained support for the older "material" settings for compatibility reasons for items that used those settings.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited May 2016

One more thing. Currently CPA ignores the Thumbs.db file when draging and droping folders from Windows Explorer. Well, in OS X there is a .DS_Store invisible file which controls the Finder Windows apparency. It's invisble on OS X but visible in Windows. I am using the same content disk for Windows and OS X, in fact for the most part of time I am using Parallels Desktop to run CPA. When draging and droping folders from OS X Finder to CPA Files Window that .DS_Store file is brought to the build, and worst there will be one for each nested folder. Those files will be present in the build. Would be nice to Mac users if CPA ignores this file while there are no CPA mac version. What do you think?

Another file which CPA could ignore is: InstallManagerFileRegister.json

TIA!

P.S.: by the way, currently the .DS_Store file will be invisible in CPA Files window, but will be present in the build and listed in the manifest.

Post edited by MBusch on

The first update has gone live.

Some of the updates: one can now add an image for the Product icon, and when reading a DIM package, CPA will read the Compatibility Tags from the supplement file in the package. The help file has been updated as well.

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

Thanks,  

Love the update and able to add an icon in there for the smart content.

Will there be an option in the feature to add several icons for several products into 1 file ?

MBusch said:

One more thing. Currently CPA ignores the Thumbs.db file when draging and droping folders from Windows Explorer. Well, in OS X there is a .DS_Store invisible file which controls the Finder Windows apparency. It's invisble on OS X but visible in Windows. I am using the same content disk for Windows and OS X, in fact for the most part of time I am using Parallels Desktop to run CPA. When draging and droping folders from OS X Finder to CPA Files Window that .DS_Store file is brought to the build, and worst there will be one for each nested folder. Those files will be present in the build. Would be nice to Mac users if CPA ignores this file while there are no CPA mac version. What do you think?

Another file which CPA could ignore is: InstallManagerFileRegister.json

TIA!

P.S.: by the way, currently the .DS_Store file will be invisible in CPA Files window, but will be present in the build and listed in the manifest.

Next update :)

pkappetein said:

Thanks,  

Love the update and able to add an icon in there for the smart content.

Will there be an option in the feature to add several icons for several products into 1 file ?

I'm not sure about that one, as a package counts as a single product. Even if the zip contains several products.

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258

I really like the reorganized fields and the ability to now enter a default prefix.

The zip I'm feeding it today, already has a package image and 2 metadata files inside (Support Folder). But in the package it creates the image has a new name and the .dsa and .dsx files are missing.

Is this normal or did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance :)

Nadino said:

I really like the reorganized fields and the ability to now enter a default prefix.

The zip I'm feeding it today, already has a package image and 2 metadata files inside (Support Folder). But in the package it creates the image has a new name and the .dsa and .dsx files are missing.

Is this normal or did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, that is normal. Because you are creating a new package, the image needs to be renamed to match the new package so that it shows up as a product icon. As for the removal of the metadata files, it is done because they won't point to the new package. Metadata creation is way beyond the scope of this application.

That said, you can try the following. Note that it is a bit longwinded and I'm not actually sure if it will work

Before loading a zip which contains metadata, extract the *.dsx and *.dsa files and put it somewhere. When you add the zip to CPA, make a note of the following info:

Source Prefix, Package SKU, Product Name and Package GUID.

Create the package. When you've created the package, open it and drill down to the "Runtime\Support" directory. Make a note of the image name, and rename the previously extracted *.dsx and *.dsa files so that they match the image name. Now open the previously extracted *.dsx file with a text editor and replace the following info with the ones you noted from CPA:

Product VALUE (Product Name), StoreID VALUE (Source Prefix), GlobalID VALUE (Package GUID) and ProductToken VALUE (Package SKU).

Save it and after you have installed the package with DIM, copy the *.dsx and *.dsa files to the "Runtime\Support" directories where the content gets installed to. Open Daz Studio and re-import the metadata.

Please let me know if that works. I'll in the meantime try it myself and we will look and see if the process can be automated.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    nicstt said:
    Kharma said:

Oops.

TY. :)

• Yes, that is normal. Because you are creating a new package, the image needs to be renamed to match the new package so that it shows up as a product icon. As for the removal of the metadata files, it is done because they won't point to the new package. Metadata creation is way beyond the scope of this application.

Can you add an option to leave the metadata (or runtime/support directory) alone in the settings? It didn't use to mess with the metadata files and I got a happy surprise after the update when it blew away the metadata files that I spent three hours making when creating the package.

Also, I don't see where the metadata file has any relation to the filename of the zip or the manifest.dsx info (other than maybe the GlobalID, though I've accidentally made some with differing IDs in the manifest and product dsx files that work fine, at least for now). At any rate, I typically copy the GlobalID from the metadata file I've created into CPA anyway. Here's some info from a metadata file I made and the manifest from the pre-update version of CPA:

<Product VALUE="OOT Bad Bunny for G3F">   <StoreID VALUE="Renderosity"/>   <GlobalID VALUE="74F3ECED-60F4-47E4-B6B2-E66F5D634E8B"/>   <ProductToken VALUE="114546"/>   <Artists>    <Artist VALUE="OutOfTouch"/>   </Artists>

That file is named Renderosity_114546_OOT_Bad_Bunny_for_G3F.dsx and here is the manifest.dsx created from CPA:

<DAZInstallManifest VERSION="0.1"><CPA VERSION="1.0.0.25"/><GlobalID VALUE="74F3ECED-60F4-47E4-B6B2-E66F5D634E8B"/>

Everything else in the manifest.dsx file is the "file target" stuff.  The filename for the zip is RO00114546-91_OOTBadBunnyforG3F.zip and it works great.

Also, in regards to your proposed fix of extracting (or copying) the metadata files and all of that editing, all you probably need to do is edit the manifest.dsx and make the product image name match whatever your metadata file name is, and add the .dsa and .dsx in to the manifest. Then just put your metadata files back in runtime/support and change the image name to match the .dsx file name. At least, that's what I've been doing since the update started deleting those files. And in case anyone wonders, I added the Renderosity store id using the script found here.

Here's what I used at the end of that script:

// Close the function and immediately invoke it} )( "Renderosity", "https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=@", "@", true );

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

This appears as an update in DIM for me, appears to install, but then appears in the updates again. Am I supposed to do something different to stop it repeatedly downloading?

I need to tell you that the last update broke CPA totally in my workflow. I don't think It's normal remove the metadata files because they won't point to the new package. It's a flaw.

The thing is: DIM will create a .dsx file if none is present in the package, and just in this case it will use the generated Product ID to name the .dsx file, but will process the metadata and install the existent .dsx if there are the .dsx and .dsa inside the package. CPA should follow the same pattern. If there are metadata files inside the support folder, it should get the image name from the metadata file. At least CPA needs an option to not delete the files in the Support folder. I understand that metadata creation is beyond the CPA scope, but I don't expect it deletes the existing metadata.

My current workaround is open the generated package and manually add the support files with the metadata files and the image.  After this I need open the manifest file in a text editor and manually add the missing files. This extra step was unnecessary in the previous version. Fortunately I have the previous version archived and could revert to it.

There are another problem with CPA creating a 0 Kb jpg file if none image is present. I think it should create nothing if nothing is present.

These flaws need to be fixed.

I also would like to ask for one more feature. Can we get an option to set the picture dimension? I mean, currently the product picture dimension is a little bit tinny to my taste, so I always exchange the picture to something with 320 px in the height to make the product's preview more useful.

And in case anyone wonders, I added the Renderosity store id using the script found here.

Here's what I used at the end of that script:

// Close the function and immediately invoke it} )( "Renderosity", "https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=@", "@", true );

Thank you burningchr0me. You make my day. wink

Ok guys, apologies. We will remove the auto removal of the *.dsa and *.dsx files in the zip if they are present.

I also would like to ask for one more feature. Can we get an option to set the picture dimension? I mean, currently the product picture dimension is a little bit tinny to my taste, so I always exchange the picture to something with 320 px in the height to make the product's preview more useful.

If you mean for the image you add to the zip, they can be any dimension.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited May 2016

Ok guys, apologies. We will remove the auto removal of the *.dsa and *.dsx files in the zip if they are present.

If you mean for the image you add to the zip, they can be any dimension.

I normally don't chime into such threads but have been watching this with keen interest... You cannot have "any dimensions" if you are following Daz3D's rules.  (See Attached File).  According to the Wiki, it states for NEW products the image should be 114x148, and for older products you may use 100x143.

This can be found in the Daz3D Wiki Documentation here

DazMetaImageSizes.jpg
    722 x 197 - 35K
    Post edited by ProFotograf on
  • I normally don't chime into such threads but have been watching this with keen interest... You cannot have "any dimensions" if you are following Daz3D's rules.  (See Attached File).  According to the Wiki, it states for NEW products the image should be 114x148, and for older products you may use 100x143.

This can be found in the Daz3D Wiki Documentation here:

I wonder if they just haven't updated it or something. Despite what that says, images of any size do work, although it's better if they're in the same aspect ratio. The upside of the larger image is you get a nice preview when you hover vs the one you get with the "official" image size.

I usually just drag it straight from the product page into runtime\support and rename it to match the .dsx file, and that's been working so far. Of course, it's only a handful of images, who knows what would happen if there were thousands of them in your runtime. Would depend on how DAZ loads the images to display. Also, it seems to resize the preview image to some set max dimension no matter what the source image is, be nice to know what the max is.  Also, DAZ themselves don't even strictly follow the 114x148 rule... the image size for Michael 5 base character is 1000x1300 and there's lots of others that are like that too. That's where I got the idea that it was how you get the nice large preview image in the first place.

Example.jpg
    399 x 300 - 56K

There should be an update available later today.

You will now be able to preserve the Metadata if it exists (see the help file for more info), and exclude certain items e.g. .DS_Store. You will need to specify the exclusion items in Settings

ok, finally had some time to play some more with it..

I created a package,  and installed it..  but where can i find it?   I added the icon,  and the package is called "PK08697653-01_CuteBabe".  Installed it..

But now I can't find it..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

ok, finally had some time to play some more with it..

I created a package,  and installed it..  but where can i find it?   I added the icon,  and the package is called "PK08697653-01_CuteBabe".  Installed it..

But now I can't find it..

Can you right-click on the entry in DIM and choose "Show Installed Files"?

edited June 2016

Yes

/Documentation/3D-Age/License.txt 
    /Documentation/3D-Age/Sexy Baby-Readme.txt 
    /Runtime/Geometries/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/Sexy Baby.obj 
    /Runtime/libraries/Character/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/Sexy Baby.cr2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Character/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/Sexy Baby.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/01 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/01 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/02 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/02 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/03 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/03 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/04 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/04 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/05 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/05 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/06 MAT.png 
    /Runtime/libraries/Pose/3D-Age/MAT Sexy Baby/06 MAT.pz2 
    /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_92009191829-1_Sexy_Baby.dsx 
    /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_92009191829-1_Sexy_Baby.png 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBBump_1.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBBump_2.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBBump_3.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBDiff_2.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBDiff_3.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBTran_1.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBTran_2.jpg 
    /Runtime/textures/3D-Age/Sexy Baby/SBTran_3.jpg 
    /Templates/3D-Age/Sexy Baby.jpg 

in the TXT file

System Requirements:

PC and Mac. 
    Poser 6+,DAZ Studio.

Post edited by pkappetein on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

So you should see them in:

Content Library > Poser Formats > [content library name] > Figures > 3D-Age > Sexy Baby

with the mats in:

Content Library > Poser Formats > [content library name] > Pose > 3D-Age > MAT Sexy Baby

ok, I found it there..  Is that the only place where you can see that little icon?

I thought it was going to show under the Smart Content. since I thought, that was the icon for.

But if I still need to browse,  i still need to remember where items are located?

• HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

ok, I found it there..  Is that the only place where you can see that little icon?

I thought it was going to show under the Smart Content. since I thought, that was the icon for.

But if I still need to browse,  i still need to remember where items are located?

You can see the installed produkt in your "Smart Content" by selecting "All", unchecking "Filter By Context" and selecting "Sort by Install Date: Recent First"

There you see the Products installed with CPA.

You may Edit the metadata. First categorize the items inside the product.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I somehow missed this when it was on sale.   Trying to decide if I need it now or to wait until it is on sale again.   It looks really cool.  So will this help me install all my RDNA stuff?

I somehow missed this when it was on sale.   Trying to decide if I need it now or to wait until it is on sale again.   It looks really cool.  So will this help me install all my RDNA stuff?

It'll create IM installers from the RDNA stuff to install with DIM.