SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Medieval Owen and Boyd, huh? I like that idea. In a previous life, they were fighting dragons instead of aliens. 

So, if Boyd is Owen's brain, does that mean that Owen... doesn't have one of his own anymore? indecision Or is Boyd just his extra one, in a "two heads think better than one" capacity?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

Boyd is a human brain called an Alpha. He is Body liberated’ which means he can move his brain from different robotic bodies.

He was once fully human. When young Boyd was about 6 he became quite ill. To save his life his brain was removed and placed in a tank. Boyd was happy to be liberated from the painful conditions but still wants to be human. His parents intended for that to happen when he turned 18 but the war happened and replacement human bodies became in short supply.

Boyd is a robotic genius. He opened his own tech firm at 17 and when that was not sufficient joins the guild as an active duty brain and pilot.

He communicates to Owen through his alpha chip which both Owen and Boyd have in their temple. It is Owens job to care for and protect Boyd. It is Boyd’s job to protect Owen. Emancipated brains are extremely valuable to the military. One brain is worth a platoon of soldiers in combat. They don’t sleep much and a manned drone or mech is far more deadly than an ai manned machine.

Through the chips Boyd has in his brain he can learn whatever Owen is doing much like a brain in a body. He can sense where Owen is and manipulate machines which is his specialty.

through his bond with Boyd Owen can pick up Boyd’s skills too but at a slower rate.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554

This was from my cowboy pose set. It gave me the opportunity to play with the horse. The HDRI is from that prehistoric set. It is one of my favorites. I used an Overaly to add the moon, and the Luminousity black light set to brighten things up more.

Right off of a romance novel cover!

Boyd enjoying his icecream. Boyd loves chocolate, while Owen is notorious for his love of Pumpkin Spice.

And this one is very yummy (I'm speaking strictly about the ice cream, obviously).

edited October 2018

Thanks. I wanted to do a Halloween costume render and had Owen dresses as a Viking and Boyd was the prince and just decided they needed to be riding a horse... laugh

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Boyd enjoying his icecream. Boyd loves chocolate, while Owen is notorious for his love of Pumpkin Spice.

Damen would so climb that man like a tree.  XD  Ice-cream and all.  Nice render!

• This was from my cowboy pose set. It gave me the opportunity to play with the horse. The HDRI is from that prehistoric set. It is one of my favorites. I used an Overaly to add the moon, and the Luminousity black light set to brighten things up more.

So sweet and romantic!

Boyd enjoying his icecream. Boyd loves chocolate, while Owen is notorious for his love of Pumpkin Spice.

Damen would so climb that man like a tree.  XD  Ice-cream and all.  Nice render!

Hah hah. Who doesn't like....Chocolate Ice Cream? I made the pose and am still tweaking it a wee bit. Thanks for your nice words

This was from my cowboy pose set. It gave me the opportunity to play with the horse. The HDRI is from that prehistoric set. It is one of my favorites. I used an Overaly to add the moon, and the Luminousity black light set to brighten things up more.

So sweet and romantic!

Thank you. =-) smiley

edited October 2018

For those of you who like to render military stuff, there is a new texture set by Lyone at Rendo that really brings this set: https://www.daz3d.com/hc-checkered-shirt-outfit-for-genesis-8-males  to life. The set is called military 01 for H&C Checkered shirt outfit. (This H&C) outfit is currently on sale), and is a nice clean cut, male outfit.  I use it all the time for a 'regular guy' outift.

I added the hat from Oskarsson's bhttps://www.daz3d.com/classic-boy-scout-for-genesis-8-males outfit just for fun. Please ignore the saluting. I can see I will need to make some G8M male poses so the guys can salute properly.

textures.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I think the miliary textures are by Lyone.

edited October 2018

Yep, sorry about that. I corrected that.

edited November 2018

Happy Halloween! =-) Owen is wearing the King of Hearts Outfit, and Boyd has on the Chevalier Outfit with the texture expansions.

I made the pose since I couldn't find a nice couple's pose that I liked

happy.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited November 2018

Okay, well, this is fun. The extreme measures Observation Room is tiny!

https://www.daz3d.com/extreme-measures-observation-room

Yes, Boyd's head is stuck in the ceiling and Owen would knock his head on that ceiling lights. But... Wait, what are those steps for?  What fun!

scaling.JPG
    590 x 670 - 85K
    edited November 2018

Don't worry, Owen, you only have to lie down on the gurney long enough for us to see how well you fit.

Owen: Yeah, somehow I'm not liking the sound of that!

Just Scooch your legs up, and now, see you almost fit.

Owen: Was this tested on an actual human being?

don't worry.JPG
    586 x 675 - 76K

Happy Halloween! =-) Owen is wearing the King of Hearts Outfit, and Boyd has on the Chevalier Outfit with the texture expansions.

I don’t see any tricks here. This is a straight-up treat. :)

Okay, well, this is fun. The extreme measures Observation Room is tiny!

https://www.daz3d.com/extreme-measures-observation-room

Yes, Boyd's head is stuck in the ceiling and Owen would knock his head on that ceiling lights. But... Wait, what are those steps for?  What fun!

You know, I start to question/doubt any environment that doesn’t include at least one promotional render with a Genesis figure in it for scale.

edited November 2018

Me: So, I had to make a pose so you can fit on the gurney, but you're going to have to scooch down even more to get your arms in those straps, and sorry, you don't get to keep the pillow.

Owen: I can still get out of this rig, but ow, its impaling my thighs, and my feet are hangin' off.

Boyd: Is it wrong that I'm enjoying this so much?

Me: So, I think we'll have to make this set BIGGER.

Owen: Great.

gurney.JPG
    588 x 673 - 76K
    edited November 2018

Me: Now see, I've made the room much bigger, and now, Boyd isn't bumping  his head on the ceiling.... But..

Owen: The straps are parented to the floor and are all huge I can easily get free now.

Me: I can unparent the straps and shrink them back down again.Oops... Well.. Thats not easy to do.

Boyd: Why is the right shoulder strap called a leg strap....?

Owen: ....

Me: Oh wait....

Boyd: I think this experiment is over... in Order for Owen to fit his arms into those restraints he's got to sink pretty far into the cushion. The arm restraints on the table aren't level with the rest of the gurney, and his arm and the cushion just don't bend that way.

Owen: Come on now, you can't possibly be tired of looking at me! Maybe you can adjust my Y axis?

Me: We can, but then we'll have to make the cuffs super huge because of the angle.

Owen: Darn. I thought this would make a dramatic scene.

Me: I guess we'll never find out what kind of extreme measures happen in this room.....

Owen: I would think that is kind of a good thing....

view-1.JPG
    592 x 671 - 78K
    view-2.JPG
    589 x 670 - 68K
    edited November 2018

You know, I start to question/doubt any environment that doesn’t include at least one promotional render with a Genesis figure in it for scale.

Environments like this should at least have a pose for the gurney. This would help the PA see how it will be used and give them the opportunity to tweak the set.

I don’t see any tricks here. This is a straight-up treat. :)

Aww thanks.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

I wonder if maybe what went weird with the Extreme Measures set is that the PA parented the G8 figure to the gurney. It could have then inherited the table's scale, and shrunk him down so that it seemed to work, and the PA never realized what had happened. (Random stairs are very random, though.)

I also wonder what is going on with environments lately that some of them are off so badly. This makes at least four that I know of. The two by Alibama, at least you can sort of say, "Well, a newish PA, maybe something went weird." But I don't understand why Tesla3DCorp or PerspectX are off this badly at this point in time; neither of them are new. And I don't understand why Daz QA isn't catching something that obvious.

Well, in good news, today is an unusually males-forward day in the store. I'm going a bit back and forth on Trajan -- he falls solidly into the "I like him well enough, but I'm not sure I need him" category. That said, I want to try him with Edward 8 HD, because he looks like he should be an Edward. Or possibly even a Vladimir (yes, yes, I know), but more likely an Edward. It does seem like we're getting a surprising number of characters in the "older studmuffin" category these days.

edited November 2018

I bought it all. The bundle has stuff I will find useful. Trajan was cheap. I had told myself no more environments due to them being really resource heavy, but this one looked like something I will use and I like the vendor. I did not pick up the new neftis hair. It is nice but the intro price is too high for me and I have lots of long male hair and  Boyd is the only character I have with longish hair. It looks good though.

I suspect that the arrival of male stuff tends to precede a new character bundle and the male content like nocturne hair was meant for Lee. I like the military stuff though, I get tired of the barbarian warrior and medieval stuff.

the modern clothing is also a nice release.

I get frustrated by environments that aren’t scaled properly. That should be caught by Qa. I also think sets like this should have a pose built. If that had happened then the pa could see it isn’t physically possible to use the set without tweaking. I spent a great deal of time trying to tweak this set and I think it should be scaled to fit out of the box.

The renegade soldier set has a texture expansion which does not show up on the new release section. So if you haven’t seen it it is here...https://www.daz3d.com/renegade-soldier-outfit-textures

• Love your halloween picture-especially the rich color!

And the boys explration of the Extreme Measures room is hilarious.

Hah! Glad you liked it. Thanks for viewing. =-)

edited November 2018

This is the new Renegade set released today with the regular texture and a texture from the expansion. I quite like this set, although I would wish for some complete shoelaces.

renegade.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited November 2018

Someone requested a fearful g3 girl on a cell phone in her car  looking over her shoulder. So here it is. Its free. Enjoy.

rar
    rar
    Pose Request.rar
    G3-Pose.JPG
    694 x 658 - 76K
    edited November 2018

Back to guy stuff...

Everyday Outfit by Zoro_D wtih texture expansion options.

Great looking set. Love the details. Even the treads of the boots are textures nicely!

outfit2.png
    1400 x 1600 - 3M

That expansion is nice. The boys look ready to hit the road like that.

Yes, its nice to see a quality texture set for a men's outfi with a nice degree of detail like that one.

• ButchButch Posts: 797

Yes, its nice to see a quality texture set for a men's outfi with a nice degree of detail like that one.

Picked it up the other day, but I haven't had much play time with it.  It's a shame the jacket doesn't fully open, but I'm definitely not complaining.