can i get bryce 7.1 in the uk

hi, i live in wales uk the price of bryce is $19, if i order it will it cost any more, also is it a hard copy or a download as the internet where i live is not very good (still in the dark age here)

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you buy it with a Debit Card you will get a better exchange rate than you will with PayPal, at least I do with Nationwide.

$19 just now is approx. £14.57

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hi     I live in Wales as well. I have 70MBs internet connection with BT which, although possibly not the fastest, is fine by me..    And yes you can get Bryce anywhere.  It is a download item.   Buy it   the go to your product library and download it.  As you can see the files are .exe files,  so should be downloaded and installed manually

These screen shot show you the size of the various downloads,  the actual program and the big pro content bundle being the largest 2 files  253mb   and  675 mb  respectively.

• thanks so much, i've just bought it

• Well, I was born in Wales, but that was a long time ago, before Berners-Lee even, and when a good comms link was 110bps.

Bought Bryce Pro in 2016 and am going back to it. But when following the link from Product Library, I can't seem to find the download link to BrycePro  (Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe) as per your post above. Is it still available?

greytery

brycepro-product.JPG
    482 x 224 - 27K
    edited October 2018

Yes,  if you purchased Bryce 7 you should have a link to it  in your Product Library  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files   

Type Bryce 7 in the panel where it says "FILTER" and then click the  filter button

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Well, I'll be ...  The Bryce executable download link is in the Bryce 7 product list,  and the 'Pro product list adds some "Content" as well as Bryce Lightning. Indeed that's exactly as shown in your graphic. When I purchased Bryce originally in 2016, I would have loaded them in that order - but at my age (as described above) it's easy to forget these things.  Diolch yn fawr iawn.

greytery

bryce7-product.JPG
    474 x 223 - 26K

Croeso

btw   I also predate Berners-Lee

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Chohole.

English language, gotta love it.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2018

Our Irish word for welcome is 'fáilte'...expressed as 'fall' 'cheh'...just in case anyone visits our shores. The fada (the dash over the 'a' letter) changes everthing as to pronounciation, else, we would end up with some saying 'fail-teh' or 'fail-tee'. Of course, such diacritical marks over letters pose pronounciation confusions in many other languages, and always at expense of the local inhabitant of such related lands giving us the odd smile, wink or quirk.

I'm not fluent in Irish...but know the occassional word.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    Jamahoney said:

Our Irish word for welcome is 'fáilte'...expressed as 'fall' 'cheh'...just in case anyone visits our shores. The fada (the dash over the 'a' letter) changes everthing as to pronounciation, else, we would end up with some saying 'fail' 'teh' or 'fail' 'tee' (of course, such diacritical marks over letters pose pronounciation confusions in many other languages).

I'm not fluent in Irish...but know the occassional word.

Jay

Sláinte

edited October 2018

Eich iechyd yn rhy, Chohole wink (ain't Google translate great cheeky)

Jay

Jamahoney said:

Eich iechyd yn rhy, Chohole wink (ain't Google translate great cheeky)

Jay

Google really struggles with Welsh and Irish.  I think that   iechyd da i chi hefyd   would be more accurate, but like you I only know a few words.

My Grandaughter pulls me up if I try to get too clever with Irish, as she is studying it at school.   I might add that it is the one subject on her chosen curriculum that she is struggling with.

edited October 2018

True, true, Chohole... and thanks for the correction.

I struggled at Irish Leaving Cert level (UK A-levels), but my 7-year-old neice - currently in an all-irish school - always love's correcting/teaching me (it bonds us, in a way).

Jay

Well Sarah is half British, half Dutch but was born in Ireland.   She didn't start learning Irish till she was 13, at first she went to one of the "Educate Together" schools, but then changed to the National School as she wasn't getting on at the Educate Together school,  they were holding her back.  She is now 18 has herleaving cert finals next year.  Is hoping to follow Dad to DCU I think.

What Welsh I know I have picked up mostly from the Girlfriend of the Lad used to live next door to us. She taught Welsh at junior school level. And from teach yourself Welsh things on the internet.  I think I am a bit long in the tooth to learn to speak it at all well.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

@Chohole.

I was thinking more of this.

English words with more than one meaning.

edited October 2018

Yeah, Chohole...know what you mean - have recently signed up for a 10-week course on French in night classes - and there I was thinking that Irish was hard.

The LC here has been shown to be very stressfull, so I'd imagine her nerves are frayed. Of course, during exam times the usual has to be avoided  'how did you get on', 'how did it go', 'were the questions hard', 'did you answer okay'...etc. Parents and relations have just to support them food-wise, make sure they are on time at the exam centre, and then let them get on with it.

Ah yes, Stuart...Berners-Lee...though he made the odd buck relative to WWW, I bet somewhere along the line he regretted not patenting it.

Jay

StuartB said:

@Chohole.

I was thinking more of this.

English words with more than one meaning.

AH    yes     of course        I would imagine he has met many predators

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

My hovercrat is full of eels. wink

Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Chohole said:

"My helicopter is full of eels"
    I know neither Welsh nor English. smiley

Slepalex said:
    Chohole said:

never trust Google to translate welsh

Geiriadur

Welsh-English / English-Welsh On-line Dictionary

hofrenfad 1. hovercraft n.m.f. (hofrenfadau)
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    Chohole said:
    Slepalex said:
    Chohole said:

never trust Google to translate welsh

Geiriadur

Welsh-English / English-Welsh On-line Dictionary

hofrenfad 1. hovercraft n.m.f. (hofrenfadau)

Haha. laugh I then still need to translate all this into Russian. And get a complete gibberish. smiley
    Just Dave made a mistake in the word "hovercraFt". In general, Google translator gives 4 variants of the translation of the word "hovercraft":
    hofrenfad
    hofrenfadau
    hofranfad
    hofranfadau
    Google translates into Russian in four words:
    hovercraft - судно на воздушной подушке (ship on the air cushion)
    Although you can translate shorte:
    hovercraft - экраноплан (ekranoplan)
    hovercraft - экранолёт (ekranolet)

And yes, you are right. Google translator can not be trusted completely. Therefore, I repeatedly overtake the text back and forth until I am sure that the translation is the most authentic.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

My hovercrat is full of eels. wink

I misread hovercat devil he sits on the air cushion

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433

Haha... It might have made more sense if not for the typo. laugh

Having said that, it's a quote from a Monty Python sketch so maybe not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao