SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited October 2018

The boys have car trouble on the way to Boyd's parent's house. Fortunately, Owen is on the job. For his part, Boyd is quite content never to get there.

Car Trouble.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

I looked at the leg morphs I have installed. Its actually a bit on the sad side. I have 8 total male leg morphs. The rest are weird like alien legs, and they don't count.

I do have a bow legged morph, which came with PHX Dan, I think.

I like it when Pa's make some morphs loadable separate, but they don't do that often in the DAZ store.

Don't know if it would help here, but Zev0 has a Body Mixer that splits the Daz Body Morphs into upper and lower parts: https://www.daz3d.com/body-mixer-for-genesis-3-and-8-male

There's also X-Morphs, which is supposed to allow you to determine where to split a morph https://www.daz3d.com/x-morphs
    So it should theoretically be possible to, say, make a separate morph for Ronen's legs that you can use with any male character. Theoretically.

I picked up X-Morphs during the PA sale (a very deep sale, because that is expensive), but haven't had any chance to do anything with them yet. I don't have the Body Mixer.

Interesting, when those go on sale I will buy them.

Sf-designs store is on flash right now so I picked up the male morphs. You have to buy something to trigger the discounts so I picked up the shaders.

edited October 2018

Owen is staying at the Razor Rider hotel

l.

razorrider.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

I can confirm the Sf-Design leg morphs have a number of useuul legs, options even some that thin the chicken-leg quality of the thigh. The knees don't look too different to me, but I wear glasses for a reason, there are morphs to make the ankles, feet, and legs, and calf bigger/smaller. This seems useful to me.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,562

Owen is staying at the Razor Rider hotel

l.

Now that's going to get pretty cozy if Owen invites him in.

edited October 2018

How did you know what was going to happen next? Man, you have Boyd pegged. No way is he going to let Owen stay in that sleezy hotel tube by himself without the protection of his brain!  So move over baby! Where Owen goes, so does Boyd. Now getting in and out of this tube might be a pain, but oh well.

I decided to take off Boyd's shirt, as it looked really bad when he laid down. And spent quite a bit of time dforcing it to fall just right.  

Lighting the inside of the tube proved a challeng. What worked in the first image, didn't work from this angle. I Stuck a lighted sphere down in the back!

razorrider2jpg.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
  • claudiogenclaudiogen Posts: 19
    edited October 2018

Here's another. Hmm. This is a fun style. I like it.

Very good image.
    There is also an older version of Grand Theft from 2016: https://graphicriver.net/item/grand-theft-action-photoshop-action/17810563 from a different artist/vendor.

Thank you very much for the Grooms + Dressing Up poses. Great.

Post edited by claudiogen on

Hey glad you like those. I have more up my sleeve.. I’m just working on refining them. I tend to have more time in November and December to work on freebies so expect more then.

• How did you know what was going to happen next? Man, you have Boyd pegged. No way is he going to let Owen stay in that sleezy hotel tube by himself without the protection of his brain!  So move over baby! Where Owen goes, so does Boyd. Now getting in and out of this tube might be a pain, but oh well.

I decided to take off Boyd's shirt, as it looked really bad when he laid down. And spent quite a bit of time dforcing it to fall just right.  

Lighting the inside of the tube proved a challeng. What worked in the first image, didn't work from this angle. I Stuck a lighted sphere down in the back!

Love this, so romantic! You are the goddess of posing, that would have taken me hours!

Thank you. =-) I think they fit very well in there but getting out in a hurry might prove challenging. wink

Thank you. =-) I think they fit very well in there but getting out in a hurry might prove challenging. wink

Or a lot of fun. wink

edited October 2018

Posting these here with Serene's permission.

Today's new The Count Outfit is a pretty faithul reproduction of what Count Orlok wore in Nosferatu. However, if you hide the coat fasteners, delete all the buttons along one side and about half on the other, the coat makes a pretty decent and modern winter coat. Both shaders here came from Mec4D's PBS shaders vol.2, currently on sale.

count coat2a.png
    618 x 1000 - 1020K
    count coat2b.png
    618 x 1000 - 906K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on
  • 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,282

Thanks Phoenix (and SereneNight) I picked it up in the hopes this was possible - thought it would make a good winter coat, but the buttons were a bit of a distraction. I haven't downloaded it yet to play with, so it is good to know this is possible. :-)

Or a lot of fun. wink

Hah... that would be amusing.

Those coats look great. I love how they looked recolored. It is too bad there isn’t a zone for that lapel. It would look nice with some fur or alternative texture for historical renders.

edited October 2018

Or a lot of fun. wink

It is too bad there isn’t a zone for that lapel. It would look nice with some fur or alternative texture for historical renders.

I was being lazy. There are material zones for both the lapels and cuffs, too.

count coat2c.png
    618 x 1000 - 1004K
    Count_Coat.png
    618 x 1000 - 797K
    Post edited by Phoenix1966 on

That looks pretty durn amazing! I llike it. wow!

edited October 2018

I wanted to try to do an upside down spiderman style kiss.

kiss2.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited October 2018

Star Trek uniforms for G8M & F available free here https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Star-Trek-Uniform-Set-for-Genesis-8-Male-752232809. Get your full on geek on!

starTrekkers.png
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

How did you know what was going to happen next? Man, you have Boyd pegged. No way is he going to let Owen stay in that sleezy hotel tube by himself without the protection of his brain!  So move over baby! Where Owen goes, so does Boyd. Now getting in and out of this tube might be a pain, but oh well.

This is very cool! I would not be able to sleep like this ( I like to cuddle, but if I'm sleeping, I need some space in between)  I would be freaking out in a very short period of time lol.

edited October 2018

I didn’t depict it, but there is a door with a window. That would make me super claustrophobic. I’d keep thinking what if I have to get up? What if I have to pee or the air cut out or something...lol... but....that’s the glory of dystopian future.... it is both scary and utilitarian. But I suspect if you sleep with your pod open you would lose your valuables quickly to thieves.

Owen prefers to sleep on his stomach but he also likes to spoon with Boyd so more often than not they end up spooning because Boyd is hard to resist. For his part...Boyd prefers cuddling and being close to Owen. Owen is warm and cuddly and brains are very happy when close to their primes.

Early in their physical relationship Owen has bad dreams and sleeps separate from Boyd for a short time, but Boyd didn’t put up with that for long I suspect Boyd is rather used to being confined to small places being a emancipated brain. Owen is used to sleeping on a rack and has slept In sleep pods like this many times... but he honestly doesn’t like it at all.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Ya I don't mind cuddling, but sleeping that close wouldn't work for me lol.  I think I might pay to see them try and hustle out of that in a hurry though!

Here is the link for the uniform. Sorry had the wrong link in my buffer https://www.deviantart.com/amyaimei/art/Star-Trek-Uniform-Set-for-Genesis-8-Male-752232809

Ya I don't mind cuddling, but sleeping that close wouldn't work for me lol.  I think I might pay to see them try and hustle out of that in a hurry though!

Yes that would be amusing,  laughthe handholds are weird and I assume Owen who is faster than Boyd might succeeded in getting to the edge and pulling himself out. I’m assuming Boyd got in there first and then Owen lowered himself in,

i suspect Boyd is someone like a cat with a box though. He may be large but agile and unaware he is quite so big....

I wanted to try to do an upside down spiderman style kiss.

Nice Yin/Yang dynamic here.

Yeah the boys are a study in contrasts. Boyd is the height of man made genetic engineering and Owen is  natural born with a strong alien redesign

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395

Here's another. Hmm. This is a fun style. I like it.

just stumbled on this post while searching for totally s'thing else... excellent render, the comic effect is a total success!

gonna hafta read the whole thread - soon-ish - your guys are gorgeous!

Thanks ManekiNeko! Glad to see you like the thread! =-)

edited October 2018

Boyd enjoying his icecream. Boyd loves chocolate, while Owen is notorious for his love of Pumpkin Spice.

eating.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
    edited October 2018

This was from my cowboy pose set. It gave me the opportunity to play with the horse. The HDRI is from that prehistoric set. It is one of my favorites. I used an Overaly to add the moon, and the Luminousity black light set to brighten things up more.

MyFantasy.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M