off topic thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

cant find the old midebil set with the pumpkin patch

edited October 2018

snacks time

wanted to post a jeff dunham halloween clip, but is a bit too tasteless to post afraid someone might be offended

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

We've had a rash of stabbings, robberies, and assaults in my little corner of the universe.  Contributing to my grumpiness.  Yo, people, behave!  

Person stabbed at Navy Yard Metro stop in Southeast Washington
    A young man was stabbed and critically injured Friday afternoon aboard a Metro train at the Navy Yard station in Southeast Washington, an attack that occurred in a rail car shared by middle school students returning from a field trip to a downtown museum.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

we had a fatal stabbing up my road a few weeks ago..... a 67 year old mum stabbed to death her 27 year old son!

surprise

awww venice is gone  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/6808/start

was a lovely scene, used it in my promos

did Richard Szydelko, move to another store?

mmoir?  http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/23934/start\

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

culled angry

this still in store, on sale, but too steep for me right nows  https://www.daz3d.com/vectorstyle-2-for-carrara

go to sleep go to sleep go to sleep

havent seen posts from 3dage in a while

edited October 2018

need to do a rum run, and kahlua, drambuie, godiva

cool starting to feel like a thread killer

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited October 2018

I have to probably replace all my pipes in my house

so I better pull my finger out and make all my own content from now on!!!!

because no money to spare for 3D!

might look into Polyurethane pipes

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    th3Digit said:

I have to probably replace all my pipes in my house

so I better pull my finger out and make all my own content from now on!!!!

because no money to spare for 3D!

might look into Polyurethane pipes

We did that a few years back, worked out well.  PEX pipes, they left the old metal pipes in the walls.

almost time to go home.  15 minutes.  but the bus pickup is a 1/2 hour window, it could leave me here til 5pm or later.

cold rainy evening needs pepperoni pizza

They just opened a Whole Foods market in my neighborhood.  Today, they announced massive food recalls at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and Walmart.

Timing is everything.

https://www.self.com/story/massive-vegetable-listeria-recall-whole-foods-trader-joes-walmart

Argh - my building's utilities are having problems again.  My WiFi, cable, etc. are blinking.  There is pobably a more technical term than blinking, but I keep gettng bumped off and having to re-establish.  This happened not too long ago.  Was supposed to be fixed.  angry

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

I wonder what would happen if we all changed our username to Carrara devil

Stezza said:

well I did my facebook surname as I am in a relationship with it cheeky

we can all be Carrara Stezza_Carrara, Diomede_Carrara etc like the  _DAZ people enlightened

edited October 2018

mmm won't let me do it

wants me to change my password by looks too

OK have to untick that but now seems stuck on this intermittent one I chose

and after posting it's live

let the name changing begin laugh

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2018

you would all but the first one be told that you can't use that name as it is already in use.    You would have to settle to being Carrara 2 or 3 or so forth

or of course do as you are all doing and add Carrara as a posh hyphenated name.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

you would all but the first one be told that you can't use that name as it is already in use.    You would have to settle to being Carrara 2 or 3 or so forth

or of forth do as you are all doing and add Carrara as a posh hyphenated name.

well Carrara 9 is obviously a fake name then by that convention cheeky

• oh dear Phil, you committed a very unfortunate faux pax blush

I as an Australian was just as ignorant of the significance of war bonnets until some American Indian friends schooled me, while I think cultural appropriation arguments go too far in matters of criticism of wearing ones hair in braids etc which are simply fashion dress styles religious and other such symbols are best left well alone.

i added an extra 'r' to my name in honor of carrara.  my sig line is full of carrara related stuff, i just need the t-shirt  lol

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited November 2018

oh dear Phil, you committed a very unfortunate faux pax blush

I as an Australian was just as ignorant of the significance of war bonnets until some American Indian friends schooled me, while I think cultural appropriation arguments go too far in matters of criticism of wearing ones hair in braids etc which are simply fashion dress styles religious and other such symbols are best left well alone.

tell me more - I am just finishing a small Trail of Tears image for a time line - will I be stepping on toes with certain body ornaments?

Mysstarrrra - that can be arranged ;)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • oh dear Phil, you committed a very unfortunate faux pax blush

tell me more - I am just finishing a small Trail of Tears image for a time line - will I be stepping on toes with certain body ornaments?

Mysstarrrra - that can be arranged ;)

no that is history and must be retold

the thing they have an issue with is the war bonnets are sacred and must be earned 

most brave warriors only earn a couple of feathers

nowadays it can be an honour bestowed by the tribe for other reasons and on women too in some tribes but it is still earnt not something anyone can just wear, they take is very personally when non natives start using it for dress ups and fashion.

I know other cultures symbols and customs etc have also been relentlessly misused and in some cultures and ages that can even mean a death sentence, it's something that cannot be policed but people need to be more aware of, in Australia  for instance you cannot name your child Baron, Lord etc.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/babies/the-baby-names-included-on-australias-blacklist/news-story/85cff0b00ca410b61389a14658e12627 

edited November 2018

mind you this is DAZ and they put and use whatever terms they like in their store and you cannot query it

the Romady people abhor the term Gypsy which is a slur like calling a German a Nazi or an American black person Jim Crow. DAZ ignores complaints it about that and threads on it vanish does not however make it right or respectful for the people concerned.

read this quickly angry

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

ha ha thank you :) You mean that me having Siri call me 'Lord Andrew of The Unmentionables' is now illegal in Australia?

What will they think of next?

Thanks for the explinication!

I once did an animation about a Coolie and half of the forum was horrified. I didn't realise it was such a bad term in some countries.

Oddly enough it was about The Coolie getting back at his 'masters'.

"Super Coolie" I tink it was.

Edit - with a little digging https://vimeo.com/channels/headwax/1556633

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2018

mind you this is DAZ and they put and use whatever terms they like in their store and you cannot query it

the Romady people abhor the term Gypsy which is a slur like calling a German a Nazi or an American black person Jim Crow. DAZ ignores complaints it about that and threads on it vanish does not however make it right or respectful for the people concerned.

read this quickly angry

Wendy I can assure you that the rumour that the Romany gypsies abhor the term Gypsy is inaccurate.   It is used regularly amongst both Romany Gypsies and non romany Gypsies.   My son tneds to use the term Roma or Romany when explaining his very mixed heritage but that is because he lives in Ireland now, where there are Irish Gypsies who are not Romany.   BTW   my Sons are of celtic/irish/scots/italian/romany/and english descent.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • possibly I read too many facebook posts blush

yeah everyone offended by something these days, its a slippery path, I would be scared to visit any country in case I offended someone, good thing I am poor. cheeky

This discussion has been closed.