Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 10

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Cheers, Mermaid...and WOW...if I hadn't had looked twice, I would have guessed that your latest work was from Horo himself (sorry, if confusing, but you kinda know I mean that the compliment is towards you).

Jay

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited October 2018

Eugenius Maximus: Great result on the Terrain Party. I read it's often not working and on the one time I tried it, was one of those times. Will have to revisit sometime.

Hansmar: Again great... Some natural looking erosion.

Mermaid: That's super... It's all come together quite perfect, the terrain and the materials applied looks fab... Atmosphere looks cool too.

My latest is nothing new or revolutionary, but the terrain is quite involved and made entirely in the Bryce Terrain Editor.

GoodLookingRocks2.jpg
    1111 x 650 - 600K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

My latest is nothing new or revolutionary, but the terrain is quite involved and made entirely in the Bryce Terrain Editor.

Great job!
    Textures, materials, relief ...

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Dave - the ring of trees looks very nice, the stone circle, too.
    The terrain in the lake render came out very nice, the terrain looks very elaborate. Great materials and lighting.

Hansmar - nice terrains.

Eugenius - Skydome is a radial in the zenith that doedn't cast shadows, which means that all objects in the scene are transparent to this light from above. The alternative would be to set it black and put an infinite light in the zenith to adjust intensity, colour and shadows that reach the scene.
    The render with the TeaParty terrain looks very nice. I agree with Jay that the waves could be adjusted a bit in size. Compared to the mountains, the waves look huge.

mermaid - thank you. Really great looking warped terrain scene, the material and light are spot on.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Slepalex - thanks

Thanks Jay for the nice comment;  all credit goes to Horo, firstly the terrain I used was originally one that I processed in his TE Filters product, using 3 Bryce terrains; secondly the lighting and material came from David and his Terrain Stacking product, and I used his pdf for Warped Terrains to complete the landscape. I had the right tools to put everything together. wink

Dave – thanks, your latest render is awesome, is that one or multiple terrains.

Horo – a big thank you

Just one terrain, one water plane and one HDRI sky... The terrain has been through a lot of different stages within the Terrain Editor. The material applied to it is also quite complex adding the to effect.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076
    edited October 2018

Dave Savage : very interesting tips and yes it would be interesting to see them bundled in a new thread.

Hansmar : WM tests look promising !

Eugenius Maximus : nice image.

mermaid : warped terrain is awesome.

Post edited by adbc on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited October 2018

Dave Savage: both the tree circle and the stone circle look very nice. And you clearly show, that with the right technique, we do not need anything else than Bryce to create fabulous terrains.

Eugenius Maximus: very nice (winter?) Canadian mountain render. I should use Terrain Party again too.

Mermaid: That’s a great result! Wonderfully warped terrain and marvellous texture!

I keep playing with the World Machine. Came up with one more render from the same terrain (two stacked) as the previous one and one from a new terrain. Used a slightly changed texture from David Brinnen, only one terrain (instead of two stacked) and a sky from David as well. Camera width 120 degrees on this one.

mountainlake7.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    mountainfield.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 947K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited October 2018

Adbc - thanks

Hansmar - thanks. Your terrain renders are very great too.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Just one terrain, one water plane and one HDRI sky... The terrain has been through a lot of different stages within the Terrain Editor. The material applied to it is also quite complex adding the to effect.

Wow it does look complex more like multiple terrains, awesome work

Hansmar - terrains look good.

edited October 2018

Hansmar : good terrains.

Again an abstract. Made and HDRI sky from an older render, added a sphere with cloud material, 2 mirror planes, that's it really.

Abstract.jpg
    980 x 490 - 69K
    Post edited by adbc on

Adbc - awesome abstract, very nice.

edited October 2018

adbc - sometimes it doesn't really need a lot to get a nice result for an abstract. Yours is really very beautiful.

I've shown a smaller and cropped version of the Cityscape already in the Terrain Editor and Heightmap Generators for Bryce thread. Here the finished version and the anaglyph.

Cityscape

Cityscape Anaglyph

Cityscape.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 261K
    CityscapeAna.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 302K
    Post edited by Horo on

The difference between the normal view and the 3D view, Horo, is amazing...such depth.

Jay

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

Horo : Jamahoney is right, there is a big difference. Well done.

edited October 2018

Following on form the Posterisation discussion in the Height Map Terrain Editor thread, here's a slightly more refined render of a terrain posterised and used as water. Still not quite right, but moving in the right direction. Also tried adding some sea foamy type bubbles.

WaveRipples4.jpg
    675 x 975 - 521K

Horo - I agree with Jay and Adbc the anaglyph is awesome.

Dave - great render, I have been playing with this idea since I was your work in the other thread, without much successsad, so I will be playing more this weekend laugh

Dave - great render, I have been playing with this idea since I was your work in the other thread, without much successsad, so I will be playing more this weekend laugh

Thanks. I've sidetracked myself (again) and am now looking at making wave terrains and then warping them so they lean forward a lot more... Talk about increasing render time though. It's the same if you put a terrain on it's side to use as a cliff face with overhangs... I guess it's a lot of bouncing for those light rays.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Following on form the Posterisation discussion in the Height Map Terrain Editor thread, here's a slightly more refined render of a terrain posterised and used as water. Still not quite right, but moving in the right direction. Also tried adding some sea foamy type bubbles.

I think that you need to reduce the height of the waves of the middle and background, as it is too sharp a height difference.
    If you want to create a crest of an overhanging wave, then no one has yet succeeded in Bryce.
    I tried to use an imported object for this purpose, but I failed. Many users use photoshop for this purpose, but this is not our method. :-)
    The rest looks great!

Jay - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

Dave - I have less qualms about the far waves, it depends on the viewers height. The near part is not yet ideal, the bubbles look more like ice cubes. Nevertheless, your result is quite stunning.

mermaid - thank you.

Slepalex - from an artists point of view, there is nothing wrong with using whatever tool to get the desired result. But I completely agree with you that this is not a true "brycers" method and neither is it mine.

edited October 2018

Thanks Alex and Horo

The next iteration of my waves... Still not right, but passable for use in the background of a scene I suppose.

BreakingWaves2.jpg
    650 x 499 - 204K
  • Hansmar - Very nice work with World Machine. I knew you'd get a hang of it.

Dave Savage - The rock formations and lake image looks awesome. The waves on the beach scene look amazing; excellent job.

adbc - Really cool abstract image and the colors are nice and vibrant.

Horo - Really cool anaglyph city; I'll need to try that sometime (and get myself 3D glasses).

I modified the waves, SkyDome, Haze and Distant Light source as well. It does make the scene a lot spookier :-)

Terrain Party 4A.png
    1114 x 819 - 662K

Dave - looks good, particularly the part farther down. I'm a bit less sure with the near part. But then, as a mountain dweller far away from the sea, I'm not the best expert to tell you how it ought to look.

Eugenius - thank you. Very nice landscape and good use of haze. Perhaps a tad d

Dave Savage : great renders, the last one looks quite impressive.

Eugenius : thank you. Nice landscape, maybe just a little dark.

• A lot of great Bryce pictures here.

I worked on a car, rather a limousine, and on a city landscape. More details here.

DerparkiertePrinz.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 103K

Electro-Elvis - this scene looks really very good, could be a photo.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Mermaid, Horo, adbc: thanks; they are not weird, as some things you can create too, but I like them a bit realistic.

adbc: you're abstract looks like a scary Halloween mask! Love those colours.

Horo: very nice use of the Posterize option.

Dave Savage: Certainly going in the right direction. I think it looks great already.

Eugenius: You're last one is a bit dark for me too.

Electro-Elvis: great car, nice city scene. Did you create that car yourself?

• @Horo, Hansmar: Thank you. Hansmar, no, I'm afraid not (I wish I could do it). It is one of Stonemason's great models. I adjusted the materials only for Bryce.

Waves coming along nice, Dave...I experimented once in using eye-lashes (from head models) to represent the white-horse waves before they clashed, as they had a nice curve to them (had to have loads of eye-lashes grouped together).

Agree with the above, Eugenius...it looks a bit too dark.

Nice one, Elvis...I wondered where my old limo ended up (stolen several years ago devil).

Jay

This discussion has been closed.