SereneNight's Sci-Fi Fun Thread 2

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited October 2018

Wow another male outfit in the store today. This is my kind of sale. The promo art is rather precedent setting since it uses stock pictures.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited October 2018

Wow another male outfit in the store today. This is my kind of sale. The promo art is rather precedent setting since it uses stock pictures.

I didn't realize what I was seeing on the promo art until you said that. On the first promo image, the character is visibly backlit when he can't possibly be, what with leaning against a wall. Other than that, the combination of character, clothing and stock art is pretty well done.

There was just another product that used stock pictures that cause an uproar, because the way they used the stock pictures was reversed from how it's done in the kaftan. The characters were stock, but the bedroom was the product -- I think it got almost immediately withdrawn for some other reason.

I'm getting that kaftan, I think. It will be interesting to see what the material zones are. Also makes me wish I could do texturing; one thing I would like would be a basically white texture with that sort of figuring that it has around the collar on some of the textures. That, and some more patterned textures; I have a dashiki from Senegal that has heavy yellow thread figured around the neck, sleeve and bottom hemlines, on pink and blue patterned black cotton.

Post edited by vwrangler on

I think the set looks great definitely an autobuy. Could be used for anything from contemporary to historic costumes.

im not great at texturing either.... too bad... for me.  Your kaftan sounds lovely. smiley

• beanbean Posts: 19

On the subject of women's clothing for the men, this set https://www.daz3d.com/hot-football-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

Has some great shorts. The product calls them pants, but I see them as shorts. Here I used them in the test render of enchanted jungle backgrounds. Nice product. The fit of the 'shorts' is very good.

What a great find, i tend to play around with female clothes but totally missed these 

Ill have a play with these and see what i can create for my character Jayden (who has a secret crush on Owen and Boyd dont let them know) cheeky

Fab job with the render too love following the story of these two great characters 

My Gallery

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/17469

I think you will like them. They are certainly some of the nicer shorts in the store, even if they aren't designed for the guys. =-) And welcome to the thread.

Aww... Jayden's secret is safe with me. =-)

Thanks for your Gallery link. You have some nice art there. =-)

So looks like Someone posted pictures of Ivan 8 in the commons, and he is another viking/warrior type.

edited October 2018

I really like the Gobo Lights by Forbidden Whispers

https://www.daz3d.com/gobo-lights-for-daz-studio-iray

gobos.jpg
    1600 x 1829 - 3M
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554

I really like the Gobo Lights by Forbidden Whispers

https://www.daz3d.com/gobo-lights-for-daz-studio-iray

Looking at this picture makes me wonder what music they like to listen to.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Do they have music in the future?

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    barbult said:

Do they have music in the future?

Yes, but it all sounds alike.

edited October 2018

People of the future like music, much as they do today... However music is very different with the advent of advanced technology

First the number of people with musical talents, are far greater due to gene mods, and skill chips and computer programs which can make music not to mention androids who can play music to entertain..  so being musically gifted or the equivalent is more common than it is today. Also, the voice replication technology is very advanced, so it is possible to replicate the voices of famous people such as Elvis, Bing Cosby, Marilyn Monroe, or any singer you like. Songs not sung by an actual human, are supposed to be labeled synth songs, but there is constant cheating in this area.  This technology also allows Tanked Boyd to have a voice that's sexy when he doesn't really have vocal chords.

So as you walk down a modern street in the future, you can buy a bootleg chip with thousands of songs, sung by your favorite singer whether he ever sang them or not. So yes, Elvis can sing Metallica, and Bing Cosby can sing the blues.  There are also officially licensed versions which cost more as these singer's voices are trademarked and copyrighted by their family, but like music today, it is heavily pirated and altered. 

To support the ongoing war effort against the aliens, there is a fair amount of songs stressing wartime values. Songs designed to boost morale, keep people from betraying secrets to enemy agents, and recruiting songs. Advertisers also make entire commercials into songs, encouraging people to buy things these songs are designed to be ear worms.

There are also songs that can affect your mood, although they are strictly regulated to only good moods and require a special chip to unlock and you must be over 18 to use..., since for example, songs that can make you sad, could lead to suicide.  There are 'feel good stations' that play only upbeat songs that interact with chips, in users brain computers allowing them to be happy are popular.

In Boyd's case, brains have very acute hearing, and Boyd the brain likes techno and fusion. He also likes Rap. He loves beats that are fast and furious for when he flies around. 

Owen generally tends to like everything, but he despises songs with subliminal content, recruiting songs, and songs which influence the brain. He's not fond of the jingoistic songs pushed on recruits by the military and he doesn’t like sad songs.

he has a fond streak for the 40's and 50's and last century centurys music. He also has been known to go to clubs where hard beats are playing, as well as to concerts. He likes it all. 

There is a small Owen and Boyd playlist. I will post it sometime. It is less Though songs the guys like and more songs that describe them.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Funny, I was thinking how technology & recorded music massively decreased the variety of music and people trained in music, even though in the old days most of the training was informally done, often only orally, by other family or neighbors.

edited October 2018

Music is just practice, memorization, and learning how to play an instrument, all things that can be done with a skill chip or gene mods  in the future.  There are also only so many sounds and sound patterns  humans find appealing and computer generated patterned music is possible once one understands what people like.  I was actually a bit surprised when taking music theory how fairly repetitive musical chords and sounds actually are. People like what they like too.

• Music is just practice, memorization, and learning how to play an instrument, all things that can be done with a skill chip or gene mods  in the future.  There are also only so many sounds and sound patterns  humans find appealing and computer generated patterned music is possible once one understands what people like.  I was actually a bit surprised when taking music theory how fairly repetitive musical chords and sounds actually are. People like what they like too.

But there is a difference between technically good music and artistically good music. 

Sometimes. A lot of what people like is repetition of certain sounds and scertain notes in specific ways which is why we have certain sing songy songs which have lasted. The future has robots which can trick people into thinking they are human. Mastering music is really not that hard comparatively.

edited October 2018

This new set from Antfarm is gorgeous... However it is the death of my poor computer. But it makes a fun place for a fight scene. Unfortunately, the towels weren't as flexible as I'd like and it turned out grainy... Ohwell. Will have to see what other set, I Can use... Maybe I can find a locker room that doesn't cause my computer to gasp for air.

spa-attackfin.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 3M
    edited October 2018

Owen has always been bit of a brawler as he was taught to fight dirty by his grandfather due to them living in a not so nice part of town and these big, genetically modified guys are usually no problem...But this big guy is very strong....

Any excuse to have things fly through the air. I really wanted the towel to fly through the air too and I did deforce it, but it was distracting to put it on Owen's foot, or up high so where to put it really was a challenge.

The suds product is useful, but the suds are super big. I spent time trying to make them smaller.

The environment is the 3dc restroom. Which I really like. Looks better than many modern iray environments, and doesn't make my machine crash. I'm beginning to think, I will stick with older stuff. My machine is having trouble with a lot of the textures on the newer content, and I like this just as well.

I used the wet skin shader on the bad guy in one scene. But it looked awful on the scene where he is flying over backwards because it made his face look waxy. So Ieft it off. Yes, I know the shampoo and soap are flying around, but, well, wasn't sure where I wanted them to be and it was more dramatic this way.

fight-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    fighter.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M

MysticArtDesign made a nice android freebie for G8M. For some reason, there aren't many G8M androids of the sexy variety. Tons of monster androids and female ones though

https://www.deviantart.com/mysticartdesign/art/MysticArtDesign-Android-Male-759721929

So, having studied the morphs for G8M, I seem to have a fair lack of good leg morphs. I have tons of morphs for body parts, but unless I Want to dial in an entire character, I think the guys legs look rather Same-y. Does anyone have any leg morph recs?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

So, having studied the morphs for G8M, I seem to have a fair lack of good leg morphs. I have tons of morphs for body parts, but unless I Want to dial in an entire character, I think the guys legs look rather Same-y. Does anyone have any leg morph recs?

Shape Shift has some leg morphs. I don't own the G8 version, though.

edited October 2018

I guess the question is, what do you want the leg morphs to do? When I've tinkered with them, these days, I use a combination of Shape Shift and Musculature HD. I thought about also getting the Muscularity Morphs, but that seemed like I'd have a lot of morphs with duplicate names. Haven't tried any of the SF-Design morph sets, but those might help as well.

The legs tend to look the same. I'd like to see a sort of 'bike rider's leg' and some better defined knee caps. Somethign so that if you looked at two different charactesr their lakes would both look great, but sufficiently different to be able to tell them apart.

edited October 2018

Oh, wow, just noticed Predatron's Fir Trees aren't in the store anymore. Unless its called something different....

edited October 2018

The legs tend to look the same. I'd like to see a sort of 'bike rider's leg' and some better defined knee caps. Somethign so that if you looked at two different charactesr their lakes would both look great, but sufficiently different to be able to tell them apart.

I have been using Shape Shift and Musculature for most of that sort of thing. I have a vague nebulous memory of someone mentioning morphs like the knee cap -- maybe the SY 200 Morphs at ShareCG? (I also have a vague memory of someone mentioning that they had come up with something that fixes the tricep flex issue -- it flexes when you flex the bicep, which it shouldn't -- and can't think of what that was.)

EDIT: SF-Design's Body Morph Kit for G8M has knee bones and knee cap morphs: https://www.daz3d.com/body-morph-kit-for-genesis-8-male

Oh, wow, just noticed Predatron's Fir Trees aren't in the store anymore. Unless its called something different....

I guess they must have stopped selling well. There are other fir trees by Merlin and Andrey Pestyakov that are newer, so maybe those are what people are using. Predatron still has lots of stuff in the store, at least, so it wasn't a vendor cull.

I actually hadn’t realized before how similar the legs  were. When I rendered  my last fight scene, Owen and the bad guy basically have nearly the same leg look. So it made me look at Boyd and Owens legs, and yep.. kind of samey....except Owens a bit more defined and Boyd is taller. Knees and legs should have more variety. I will wishlist those products until they go on sale, as well as those other fir trees, they look nice.

I actually have predations firs I use a lot for the undressed Christmas look. I couldn’t find them because the product is called predators firs and pred pack something in my dim.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited October 2018

I just did something very simple based on SickleYield's porting of Genisis 3 clothing to Genisis 8 by fitting the problematic G3M Tuxedo to G3M in a t-pose, putting G8M in a t-pose (not the default A-pose), changing the compatibility base from G3M to G8M on all the Tuxedo items and autofit the tux to G8M and the fit worked much better especially the bowtie. In some poses though one still has to hide geometry poke through of the shirt through the jacket but that was the case on G3M too anyway.  

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • ButchButch Posts: 797

I quite like the action shot... think of the impact, if wearing 3d glasses cool    I might add, that wet floor is a health and safety issue.

As for legs, that's the one complaint my boys all agree with - their thighs are huge.  Would be nice to see https://www.daz3d.com/body-morph-kit-for-genesis-8-male in action.

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554

Really great PoV on the second image!

I just did something very simple based on SickleYield's porting of Genisis 3 clothing to Genisis 8 by fitting the problematic G3M Tuxedo to G3M in a t-pose, putting G8M in a t-pose (not the default A-pose), changing the compatibility base from G3M to G8M on all the Tuxedo items and autofit the tux to G8M and the fit worked much better especially the bowtie. In some poses though one still has to hide geometry poke through of the shirt through the jacket but that was the case on G3M too anyway.  

Hey, thats great news. Thats still my favorite tux of the current releases. It has the most detail. =-)

I looked at the leg morphs I have installed. Its actually a bit on the sad side. I have 8 total male leg morphs. The rest are weird like alien legs, and they don't count.

I do have a bow legged morph, which came with PHX Dan, I think.

I like it when Pa's make some morphs loadable separate, but they don't do that often in the DAZ store.