Thanks everyone and some nice news!

Sadly poserdirect will be still be closing down around the 19th of October 2018.
But I would like to say thanks to everyone who's "donated" at the site so far, your input has managed to help achieve something amazing.

A model building workshop for nearly 20 Outsider Artists, held in the East Wing of a 500 year old Cathedral (red area on 1st image). 
Outsider Artists are artists, who for various reasons, such as health or wealth, encounter barriers to entering the mainstream art world.    

While the workshop was organised by Pallant House Gallery and Chichester Cathedral, who asked me to lead. 
Your "donations" did directly allow me to design, develop and prepare some 3d designed stuff for the workshop. 

In particular two card models: 

A "Make your own Cathedral" kit. Designed using Carrra 5, This has pre-cut parts to assist those with hand mobility issues. 
Optional parts. Also designed to allow participants to learn some new artistic techniques, such applying scenics. 

One model based on a medieval building in the Cathedral precient (blue area on 1st image). Also designed and created supporting material. 
Such as: custom made brick paper for those wished to "freehand" their own creations. Instructions. A revised version of the model making handbook that's available in my sites freebies. Plus an overview to how 3d models are made. 

Work is now starting for another workshop for February: Gargoyles & Grotesques. 
Base heads are partly made in sculptris and sliced with Autocad's 360. 
Prints are stuck on cardboard box card, cut out with a lithum powered hand cutter, before tinfoil is hot glued on. 
On the day the participants will apply air-dry clay, and other bits, before applying paint washes and sponged on paint to age their models. 

Hence thank you and please don't forget there’s still roughly a week left, so please grab any freebies, etc that you want now.  

Comments

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248

and another piccy...

cath_post_002.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 215K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

That's wonderful 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Wow, that's pretty cool.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385

Great!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

What a great event.  Best wishes for all that you do.  Thanks for the models.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Bless you for your efforts.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,439

this is a great idea. awesome it is. 

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Oh man, do you have those templates available for download somewhere? It'd be cool to be able to print them off and assemble them at home :)

That was a pretty big thing (don't know if it still is) for making warhammer scenery and I still have a bunch on my HD

Pic-10052013-005.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 374K
    Pic-10052013-007.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 414K
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Nice to hear that closing the online shop still lead to something good. yesyesyes

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Nice to hear that closing the online shop still lead to something good. yesyesyes

Agreed! that is pretty cool to hear!

• mrsparkymrsparky Posts: 248

kaotkbliss - yea you sure can and it's been uploaded. 

Sorry for delay, wanted to check ownership/IP over this I made for someone else, so had to do the right thing here.
    The 2 logos used ain't mine so obviously had to go.  Generally though, advice was as made for a community, should be shared with a community.

Anyways, the paper models. Though note these are working versions not a final "polished" freebie.
    Also as .PDF's are as not universal as some would like you to belive, there'll be the odd coloured box in some corners. 
    Basically a poor mans printer register marks to force the correct aspect ratio when printing "full page".

Other points to note... 
    Theres no instructions for the more complex model. The 2 sides of model 1 are plain. 
    For these you'll need to add your own texture, and change the background from blue to white, before printing.
    Another trick is to print these as is on brickpaper and the one I created is included. 

That's because these parts wheren't printed, instead after the gallery printed loads of brickpaper, these where through a Cricut electronic paper cutter. 
    Done that way for speed/time on the day and also to help those who might struggle cutting out small parts.

Not saying these types of machine are an essistinal for papercrafters, but I'd highly suggest kidnapping Rudolph and not releasing him until Santa agrees to get you one. Obviously kidnap is a loose term, because - as we all know - santa only gives to people who've been good smiley)  

Oh yes the download...

http://www.poserdirect.com/freebies/medpapermodel.zip

27mb. Mix of .PDF and .BMP

---

Everyone - thanks and yes going to take some time out for a little while and - mostly likely - get back into something tradtional for a bit.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Oh man, do you have those templates available for download somewhere? It'd be cool to be able to print them off and assemble them at home :)

That was a pretty big thing (don't know if it still is) for making warhammer scenery and I still have a bunch on my HD

hahah I had an Dark Eldar army back in the day.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

That sounds like a wonderful event! I'm so glad you where able to put that together and host it. :)

hahah I had an Dark Eldar army back in the day.

Mine was dwarves :) After losing my entire collection, I wasnted to go with something a little faster and was going to go with tomb kings. But then GW changed the game with Age of Sigmar and nixed them :(

mrsparky said:

kaotkbliss - yea you sure can and it's been uploaded. 

Sorry for delay, wanted to check ownership/IP over this I made for someone else, so had to do the right thing here.
    The 2 logos used ain't mine so obviously had to go.  Generally though, advice was as made for a community, should be shared with a community.

Anyways, the paper models. Though note these are working versions not a final "polished" freebie.
    Also as .PDF's are as not universal as some would like you to belive, there'll be the odd coloured box in some corners. 
    Basically a poor mans printer register marks to force the correct aspect ratio when printing "full page".

Other points to note... 
    Theres no instructions for the more complex model. The 2 sides of model 1 are plain. 
    For these you'll need to add your own texture, and change the background from blue to white, before printing.
    Another trick is to print these as is on brickpaper and the one I created is included. 

That's because these parts wheren't printed, instead after the gallery printed loads of brickpaper, these where through a Cricut electronic paper cutter. 
    Done that way for speed/time on the day and also to help those who might struggle cutting out small parts.

Not saying these types of machine are an essistinal for papercrafters, but I'd highly suggest kidnapping Rudolph and not releasing him until Santa agrees to get you one. Obviously kidnap is a loose term, because - as we all know - santa only gives to people who've been good smiley)  

Oh yes the download...

http://www.poserdirect.com/freebies/medpapermodel.zip

27mb. Mix of .PDF and .BMP

---

Everyone - thanks and yes going to take some time out for a little while and - mostly likely - get back into something tradtional for a bit.

Sweet, thank you!

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,323

Thank you very much for your wonderful work and for this great sale. All the best to you!