I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    DanaTA said:
    oh mann, totally creepified. why does the hivewire store look like a clone of the daz store? it's even got the hyper slideshow top of the page.

There's only so much customization that can be done with a particular canned software. They use the same software, Magento. Although, hivewire3D seems to have gotten it to do some things that DAZ3D hasn't been able to, even with the "expert" team working with them. Surprising.

Unfortunately, they don't seem to have PayPal working yet though... saves my money at least v(^_^)v.

Oh, that would be a major game stopper for me...I will not give them my credit card info! PayPal or no sale.

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I don't personally like MSI. They have a history of the battery overheating. That is exactly what happened to my mother-in-law. It was plugged in on a table with good airflow and it caught on fire and burned down half there house and killed there 3 animals. As soon as that happened we through out our sons and bought him a samsung laptop.

Good grief!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    It finished! Without crashing! :bug: :gulp:

I give you - The Guest! :vampire: I think it needs to be darker in the back, but the laptop needs a break.. it's worke soooo hard, so just some MP3 playing for now! :coolsmile:

..did you use Nerd3D's fog tool?

It is a real memory hog during rendering (I used it to create the "fade out" on the bottom portion of the background in my Dogfightin' Dolls pic, the time difference between having the fog turned on and off was something like 3 hrs 20 min).

There are a lot of different adjustments and "morphs" (in the Poses folder of the runtime) for the Fog Tool that can help make it look more random and wispy. One thing is you have to watch how the individual fog planes are oriented with regards to the rendering camera so they have a "smooth" appearance. Granted, it took me a bit of experimentation with the settings to get it to look right. Also, don't be afraid to kill a render process part of the way through if things are not looking quite right. I do that all the time. The one good thing is 4.6 is a lot more stable than older versions and the old 3Delight memory leak issue has apparently been dealt with.

I used the fog tool in this old pic to give it the forested background a more misty look using one o f the wispy settings, (took forever to render with both the transmaps and fog).

wonderful KK, and beautiful *swoons*

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Frank0314 said:
    I don't personally like MSI. They have a history of the battery overheating. That is exactly what happened to my mother-in-law. It was plugged in on a table with good airflow and it caught on fire and burned down half there house and killed there 3 animals. As soon as that happened we through out our sons and bought him a samsung laptop.

Good grief!

Holy crap! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

@ps1borg - good point. I've read Blinns "Digital Lighting and Rendering" and Altmans "Painting With Light", both excellent works on the subject of lighting (real and digital).

I'm still more used to the Carrara/Lightwave kind of lighting and surfacing, not with things in the camera itself (which seems un-natural to me). I should probably be using Carrara past this point as I think I'm getting close to what DS4.6 will do without taking a thousand years or a gazillion gig of RAM. Or get an external monitor and get PPro 2014... :blank: But there goes Genesis! :down:

I'll just beat the problem to death! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    AtticAnne said:

OMG When and where was this?

...not sure when but I believe it was in Russia or the Ukraine.

OK, I was resisting, but with all the comments I had to see what this was all about. Holy s*$t! I would have beckad off a bit further, those things were flying.

Dana

edited December 1969

Meh. I haven't composed music for three months now. :down:

I think my cap is 2 complex hobbies - and right now that's 3D art and writing.

Just not enough time and energy to do it all at once.. a lesson I don't seem to learn. :blank:

Well, I'll be happy making illustrated books and silly pictures! :P

Maybe I should offer to make smilies out of EmotiGuy and EmotiGirl and host 'em for free? :smirk:

edited August 2013

@ps1borg - good point. I've read Blinns "Digital Lighting and Rendering" and Altmans "Painting With Light", both excellent works on the subject of lighting (real and digital).

I'm still more used to the Carrara/Lightwave kind of lighting and surfacing, not with things in the camera itself (which seems un-natural to me). I should probably be using Carrara past this point as I think I'm getting close to what DS4.6 will do without taking a thousand years or a gazillion gig of RAM. Or get an external monitor and get PPro 2014... :blank: But there goes Genesis! :down:

I'll just beat the problem to death! :cheese:

many paths one destination :) Still listening to your tracks on my ipod when La Callas takes a rest :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2013

Craig Ferg episode, there's Australia dudes in audience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzhTPRKyDI
    well, not dudes, they'd be blokes?

tootsee-frootsee - ice cream cake alllll gone

my blood is prolly about 30 proof - 30 proof chocolate is totally such a good idea happy on :)

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited August 2013

Craig Ferg episode, there's Australia dudes in audience.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyzhTPRKyDI
    well, not dudes, they'd be blokes?

tootsee-frootsee - ice cream cake alllll gone

my blood is prolly about 30 proof - 30 proof chocolate is totally such a good idea happy on :)

Cliff Bowman wrote the Genesis to Poser CR2 tute *remembered*

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-to-poser-cr2

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    AtticAnne said:

OK, I was resisting, but with all the comments I had to see what this was all about. Holy s*$t! I would have beckad off a bit further, those things were flying.

Dana

I tried to get my daughter come tell me what all the Russian said, but she was busy with the almost 2 yr old. We're working on potty training, so he takes precedence. I would still like to know how it happened. Didn't look like a wreck.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    AtticAnne said:

Dana

I tried to get my daughter come tell me what all the Russian said, but she was busy with the almost 2 yr old. We're working on potty training, so he takes precedence. I would still like to know how it happened. Didn't look like a wreck.

I know, I couldn't see a truck in there, unless the truck kept going after the rear cargo area broke away. It was funny when the police car arrived. I said, "Don't get so close!" (yes, I talk to videos and movies and my computer) And a little while later he had to back up. It was funny. But I'd be terrified to actually be right there.

Dana

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

The first time I watched it I had my sound off. When I watched with sound, it made me jump. I too talk to computers, TV, dogs...When that little cop car came in I started yelling reverse, idiot, reverse.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

It was a Truckload of these on a flatbed, one of the wheels caught on fire from bad brake pads that overheated. Not sure but might have been caused by getting ran into before in another accident I think.

EDIT: I watch some stupid news channels late at night.

Cylinder.jpg
    215 x 250 - 5K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited August 2013

Always on the lookout for nice looking asplosions to to copy in a turbulence/fluid dynamics sim, the gas canisters jetting around the road are a nice touch :lol:

edited December 1969

Big storm passed over, haz blue sky and rainbow now :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I give you - The Guest! :vampire: I think it needs to be darker in the back, but the laptop needs a break.. it's worke soooo hard, so just some MP3 playing for now! :coolsmile:

It is a real memory hog during rendering (I used it to create the "fade out" on the bottom portion of the background in my Dogfightin' Dolls pic, the time difference between having the fog turned on and off was something like 3 hrs 20 min).

There are a lot of different adjustments and "morphs" (in the Poses folder of the runtime) for the Fog Tool that can help make it look more random and wispy. One thing is you have to watch how the individual fog planes are oriented with regards to the rendering camera so they have a "smooth" appearance. Granted, it took me a bit of experimentation with the settings to get it to look right. Also, don't be afraid to kill a render process part of the way through if things are not looking quite right. I do that all the time. The one good thing is 4.6 is a lot more stable than older versions and the old 3Delight memory leak issue has apparently been dealt with.

I used the fog tool in this old pic to give it the forested background a more misty look using one o f the wispy settings, (took forever to render with both the transmaps and fog).

...thank you. One of my many challenge submissions that didn't win anything.

edited December 1969

Kinda made me laugh cos I'm not sure what it means, whisky tango foxtrot?

st.png
    618 x 225 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...thank you. One of my many challenge submissions that didn't win anything.

Well nutz to that challenge, it wins me

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited August 2013

...good Monday morning! (Tuesday in Oz).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armxkqAP4rc

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

Its nice to be recognized ;-P

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited August 2013

Kyoto Kid said:

*waves* hehe big silver bird alarmed some cars, prolly frightened the sheep as well :lol:

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

KK I raise you this one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-23296285

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It was a Truckload of these on a flatbed, one of the wheels caught on fire from bad brake pads that overheated. Not sure but might have been caused by getting ran into before in another accident I think.

EDIT: I watch some stupid news channels late at night.

Yes, cylinder hand truck safety should not be ignored.
    G904.jpg
    640 x 480 - 24K
    edited December 1969

Whoa jetwash :lol: Was that a Boeing E3 landing as well?

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Now I can't get rid of the mental image of someone trying to ride a bicycle through flood water. :lol:
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Now I can't get rid of the mental image of someone trying to ride a bicycle through flood water. :lol:
    b.png
    129 x 163 - 38K
    edited August 2013

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

Can't use that, I am missing the main ingredient. :lol:
    206_no_brain.gif
    206 x 192 - 8K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I am so thirsty. Maybe I should drink water or my tea.

edited December 1969

Good morning or evening, wherever you are! :coolsmile:

A render finished late last night, but I was in too big a rush to go to work so it'll have to wait until I get home tonight.. looks pretty decent, still a SLOW render. Oh well.3-4 months worth of saving will fix that.. new laptop about next March! :bug:

Learn learn learn.. I need to check into UberArea and UberVolume next. :) Gives me something to do this week.

If all goes well, I should be able to make my hotel/flight reservations int h first week of September! :coolsmile: I need to put a stake in the ground so I can give firm dates to my boss.

Very quiet here this morning.. worrisome. :-S TOO quiet... :gulp:

This discussion has been closed.