I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i need milk but i don't wanna carry it home a mile, is heavy.

but i'll carry an ice cream birthday cake home. would carry it 2 miles.

is it anyone's birthday this week? half birthday?

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cold, rainy, grey and gloomy day, sunrise hasn't made much difference :)

Here in Arizona we call that a miracle.:lol:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

12:30PM and it's already 93F. Supposed to hit 105F today. :ahhh:

Out of 1/2 and 1/2 but I'm not carrying it home in my pack in this heat! :bug: It'd boil.. :sick:

Volumetric testing #001!

vol_001.jpg
    640 x 512 - 73K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint!

Significant Otter and in-laws are returning from Lapland earlier than planned.

'Significant Otter'?

I have a pet cat

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    Skiriki said:
    Complaint!

Significant Otter and in-laws are returning from Lapland earlier than planned.

'Significant Otter'?

I have a pet cat

Me too and I give him meds daily

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- Out of creamer for coffee
    - Too hot to walk the 3 blocks to the mini-mart and make it back with unspoiled milk
    - Quesidilla is taking a while to cook
    - Volumetrics that don't show abusive artifacting render real slow
    - Starving
    - Shoulders hurt, so does neck, from sitting funny all evening
    - Low on diet Ginger Ale :bug:
    - Need way faster computer :blank:

Non-complaints:

- Tons of beer for tonight!
    - Carnitas Fajitas for dinner :coolsmile:
    - Getting the bloody volumetrics to render at all
    - Vanilla cinnamon candle going - room smells lovely :red:
    - Can avoid going out until tomorrow :P
    - I found a bag of microwave popcorn for tonight - I thought I was out! :cheese:

Urgh, back to black coffee and volumetrics.. reading the manual... listening to Rimsky-Korsakov.. Stravinsky up next!

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Well 18th is mine. :lol:

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Elowan said:
    'Significant Otter'?

I have a pet cat

I prefer to call him that over "husband" or "spouse". :lol: Less social baggage there.

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- Too hot to walk the 3 blocks to the mini-mart and make it back with unspoiled milk
    - Starving

Non-complaints:

- I found a bag of microwave popcorn for tonight - I thought I was out! :cheese:

Urgh, back to black coffee and volumetrics.. reading the manual... listening to Rimsky-Korsakov.. Stravinsky up next!

ooooo Sheherazad? luvs that one :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Well 18th is mine. :lol:

kewl. Happy almost Birthday!

is never too early for ice cream cake celebrations. :lol:

edited December 1969

My cat's 'meds' consist of a cat treat at least once a day.

When I got her she was the size of my hand and scared. I put her on my shoulder next to my neck and she calmed down immediately. She's stuck to me ever since and 'crashes' in the waste basket next to me -- hence earning the nickname 'trash cat' and preventing me from totally emptying said basket completely.

As for licking. Cats only do that if they find you 'tasteful'.

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- Starving

Non-complaints:

Yes! I have a classical playlist for Winamp that's about 30 hours long.. great stuff to listen to while rendering. :coolsmile:

About the only kind of music I don't like is rap and most hip-hop.. I can do without it. :-S Heck, I even get countrified on occasion, yeeee-hawww! (cowboy emote)

Ugh, putting a distant light into the scene fogs EVERYTHING with volumetrics.. that's going to be annoying to deal with, if I can't exclude a ligth from the effect. :blank: Back to the manual!

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited August 2013

Bobvan said:
    Change it to DS took away the manual files and is forcing me to use DIM complaint thread....

For the beta, at least for now.

& that makes it ok? They LIE (not the vendor) according to their own advert. I did register a complaint. My main beef is not this time, but I have a feeling this is a sign of things to come. Gots to nip this in the bud NOW!

Untitled.jpg
    600 x 443 - 62K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    Yep, I've definitely seen those. lol You might just have to start cataloging them some other way as a backup method so you don't have to rely on a download history (temp/cache files can take up a fair bit of space if you collect enough). Maybe create your own simple text file with the same name as the zip with the address in it.

My system is sort of integrated. It looks like work, but it's not really. Once the initial things are in place, mainly the folder and the links file, It takes very little time to do things as I am getting the new freebies. A couple of screen caps show it.

Dana

links_file.jpg
    1317 x 329 - 161K
    downloadsfolder.jpg
    1653 x 523 - 159K
    edited December 1969

i'm seeing manual d/l button ??

edited December 1969

After I install things, I move the promo images to my promo image library...a series of folders that categorize the items, along with identifying where I got them. I have this for both freebies and paid items, as I do for the zips and link lists as well.

Dana

promos.jpg
    812 x 832 - 145K
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    On fire drop. Playing with fluid dynamics so is a LW render :)

Gives a new meaning to the expression, "You have a glow about you today." :-P

Dana

edited December 1969

Complaints!

Get a cold bag. A lot of markets sell them lately. They are lined and help insulate cold stuff from the outside heat. Should be good for a three block walk. If it's really that hot, you could stuff one of those little blue ice packs in there before you leave the house. That would surely keep things cold for the short trip. The cold bags usually cost a couple of bucks.

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Complaints!

Get a cold bag. A lot of markets sell them lately. They are lined and help insulate cold stuff from the outside heat. Should be good for a three block walk. If it's really that hot, you could stuff one of those little blue ice packs in there before you leave the house. That would surely keep things cold for the short trip. The cold bags usually cost a couple of bucks.

Dana

Good idea! What I do for the major grocery run is get a six of beer, it keeps the cold stuff cold for the 48 minute trip home, A cold bag would be a LOT better, especially for mini-mart runs in the heat of the day. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- Starving

Non-complaints:

Yes! I have a classical playlist for Winamp that's about 30 hours long.. great stuff to listen to while rendering. :coolsmile:

About the only kind of music I don't like is rap and most hip-hop.. I can do without it. :-S Heck, I even get countrified on occasion, yeeee-hawww! (cowboy emote)

Ugh, putting a distant light into the scene fogs EVERYTHING with volumetrics.. that's going to be annoying to deal with, if I can't exclude a ligth from the effect. :blank: Back to the manual!

i have to close my eyes and dream listening to Sherz. like listening to 'more than a feeling' by Boston.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

Sisca said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...bugger, not only has the V4 to G2F clone disappeared from the store, but the G2F Morphs bundle is no longer 51% off.

...somedays you just can't win for losing.

Welcome to my curse.

Can't help you with the morphs bundle, though it is still 30% off for PC and there was a new 5/25 coupon that went out last night.

V4 for G2F clone is still in the store though - http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female

...that means the store search is still a bit wonky because I searched using "Genesis 2" as the keyword and it didn't show up among the results.

Thank you..

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited August 2013

I always hated that. I worked in north Houston and lived in Texas City. In rushour it took 1.5-2 hours to get home. I bought the beer up in Houston cause it was cheaper but warm by the time i get home. Had to throw a few in the freezer before I could enjoy.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    On fire drop. Playing with fluid dynamics so is a LW render :)

..OH NO, It's Mr Neutron, the most dangerous man in the universe...

...duck and cover, he's going critical!

Nice effect.

edited December 1969

FROSTED BEER MUGS oh yeah. oh yeah.

hmm why do they call the Black Dog song Black Dog, there's no dog in the lyrics?

Bytor and snowdog has a dog in the lyrics.

edited December 1969

Complaints!

- Starving

Non-complaints:

i have to close my eyes and dream listening to Sherz. like listening to 'more than a feeling' by Boston.

"More Than A Feeling" does that to me too, but I have a lot of memories associated with that song, so.. it comes on and I drift away.. :red:

A song called "Ocean Gypsy" by a band called Renaissance does it as well. :red:

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

Having a general generic frowny day.
    I suspect I have GOMS (grumpy old man syndrome). >:-(

Haha-This-cat-looks-like-a-grumpy-old-man.jpg
    480 x 640 - 111K
    edited December 1969

hmm why do they call the Black Dog song Black Dog, there's no dog in the lyrics?

I have no idea, but Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move, gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groov..! :snake:

Frosted beer mugs, yessssssssssssss... I wonder if it's too early for a beer?

Have Boston on now, want a cold beer. Rendering volumetrics is boring as heck. I need a quad-core Haswell i7, it's moved up over saving for my New Orleans vacation. :bug:

Ugh, haven't written in a couple of weeks. Need to party, blow off stress, re-center. :down:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

You gonna do some gambling while your there?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,002
    edited December 1969

From Wikipedia:
    "The song's title is a reference to a nameless, black Labrador retriever that wandered around the Headley Grange studios during recording. The dog is unrelated to the song's lyrics..."
    edited December 1969

my virtual bf won't make coffee for me. he says he'll put the pot on but then nothing happens. what does a girl have to do for a cup o cawffee

day old croissants for breakfast :)

croissant, is french for crescent?

no milk to make pancakes, feh

...yeah, my virtual daughter is the same way.

However oddly, the cheese and crackers as well as Ćevapi I get seem to keep disappearing and I thought that the level of Kruškovac in the bottle has been going down faster than it should.

This discussion has been closed.