I got it because of a tree Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

Jamminwolf has a similar product for V4 over at Renderosity. I haven't had the money to buy it, but it's in my wishlist. I think it's pretty impressive how he did that with V4!

Dana
    ...his first with the different age morphs was Tindra Thompson. Tindra was a godsend for my Gen4 Leela Teen project. Her morphs and maps also worked very nicely with Steph4 which in the end helped me finally get a very convincing Gen4 teen character.

This is the end result done in Poser Pro 2010.

LeelaTeen.jpg
    600 x 600 - 161K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Glad I kept the two gel cold packs.. makes my busted foot happier. :)

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

I have no desire to "acquire a taste" for something that tastes like...well, tastes like beer. It must be even more like that if you drink it in England...since they drink it warm. :sick:

Dana
    ...well warm by our standards, but then most of the Macrobrew swill you get here you want as "ice cold" as possible as "taste" is not necessarily a particularly important component of their product. Basically the colder the beverage is served at, the more it numbs the taste buds. So those Coors Light Commercials with blokes in parkas hacking the beer bottles out of ice packs and glaciers are pretty spot on.

In the UK most ales are usually served at what is referred to as cellar temperature (between 54° - 57°) with higher temps better for richer ales. Pale and Cream ales are usually served at what is referred to as "cool" temperature (between 45° and 54°) while strong full bodied brews, such as Barleywines, Imperial Stouts, Imperial IPAs, and Doppelbocks are actually best served at what is referred to as "warm" (58° - 61°).

What is considered "proper cold" temperature (39° - 45°) is generally used for lighter brews like Premium Lager, Kolsch, Pilsner, wheat beers (Weizen and Hefewiesen), and sweetened fruit Lambics.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Pizza today is getting worse and worse. They are all switching to a really sweet sauce which I hate.

...there's one place here in town I love to go to and that is Pizzicato. Their base sauce is not as sweet as many others are making and they also have a white sauce option as well. The other thing I like is I can actually get one there with stuff that traditionally belongs on Pizza unlike many joints here in the Northwest (Pine Nuts? what do I look like a squirrel?).
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Pizza today is getting worse and worse. They are all switching to a really sweet sauce which I hate.

I agree. It's stupid, sugar into everything nowadays to sell it to kids. "Eat this it's sweet", yeah, that worked out well for me. :blank:

I'm going to start making my own pan-baked pizzas, I swear. :blank:

...and a lot of it isn't even real sugar but that stuff called High Fructose Corn Syrup or Sweetener. Something else much worse for you than the "real" thing.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:
    I don't recommend carrying a full pack of food in 104F weather and trying to make an early bus by rushing along on your cane. :ahhh: :bug: Now tired, sweaty, sore of foot, but.. home an hour earlier than I planned! :coolsmile:

The store had Sam Adams Octoberfest beer so I got a six to try. :red: Everything else was lunch meat, sausage, pepperoni, tortillas, and CHEESE! :cheese: I should be good for about 5-6 days now,

Off to sip diet ginger ale before dinner and a beer., and install content! Then.. backup time. :blank:

Sam Adams is made right here in Massachusetts! Even though I'm not a beer man, never did like the taste of it.

Dana

It's decent beer.. but beer is definitely an acquired taste! I didn't lie beer until I hit 28, then I ended up hanging around with a bunch of beer-swilling DnD addicts and.. that was it for me! :gulp:

I have no desire to "acquire a taste" for something that tastes like...well, tastes like beer. It must be even more like that if you drink it in England...since they drink it warm. :sick:

Dana
    ...well warm by our standards, but then most of the Macrobrew swill you get here you want as "ice cold" as possible as "taste" is not necessarily a particularly important component of their product. Basically the colder the beverage is served at, the more it numbs the taste buds. So those Coors Light Commercials with blokes in parkas hacking the beer bottles out of ice packs and glaciers are pretty spot on.

In the UK most ales are usually served at what is referred to as cellar temperature (between 54° - 57°) with higher temps better for richer ales. Pale and Cream ales are usually served at what is referred to as "cool" temperature (between 45° and 54°) while strong full bodied brews, such as Barleywines, Imperial Stouts, Imperial IPAs, and Doppelbocks are actually best served at what is referred to as "warm" (58° - 61°).

What is considered "proper cold" temperature (39° - 45°) is generally used for lighter brews like Premium Lager, Kolsch, Pilsner, wheat beers (Weizen and Hefewiesen), and sweetened fruit Lambics.

You seem to know way too much about beer. ;-P

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

...there's one place here in town I love to go to and that is Pizzicato. Their base sauce is not as sweet as many others are making and they also have a white sauce option as well. The other thing I like is I can actually get one there with stuff that traditionally belongs on Pizza unlike many joints here in the Northwest (Pine Nuts? what do I look like a squirrel?).

They put pine nuts on pizza? :lol:

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...interesting, one of my gaming groups in college had more of a predilection for the hard stuff, Rum, Whiskey, Scotch and "To-Kill-Ya" (usually the cheap "well" brands). That's what happens when you go to a school with a lot of trust fund kids. One fellow had a particular taste for the true Scotch malt whiskey. When my Sci Fi campaign came to a close after two and a half years (with the crew accomplishing their mission) he bought me a bottle of Glenfiddich 12 year old in thanks for providing such a rousing tale to be a part of.

However my taste for the peaty elixir didn't develop fully until I was working for that development firm. At the time rents were cheap here (before all the gentrification and upscale development) so I had lots of disposable income. I'd be known to walk into this "sort of" Irish pub Kell's and sit down by what I called the "wailing wall" which was all Scots male whiskey, point at a bottle (sometimes just because I liked the name, especially those which had the fewest vowels in them), and asked for a glass, clean, no ice. The barkeep would look at me and say something like "that's twenty dollars sir", I'd just look him in the eye and nod and he'd climb the ladder, pull the bottle down and pour me my drink.

Yeah, that job totally spoiled me, can't touch the cheap blended stuff anymore. Now the only time I get a glass of the on my birthday.

My taste for uisge beatha came in much the same way. Only thing, the DM did not go for the cheap stuff (which, to be honest, Glenn 12 year old is). Instead I was exposed to multiple lesser known but much better brands. Around Christmas, I bought a case of Bunnahabhain 32 Year Old 1979 - Rare Auld. That's for the glass or two per month. My regular is Bunnahabhain 12 Year Old.
    ...still better than Scorseby or Dewars. Again, we were in college and usually that meant the bottom shelf stuff.

My favourite is Talisker (Isle of Skye).

umm a case of the Rare Auld...at 160$ per bottle. You definitely have a bigger budget than I. I can only afford one glass of Talisker once a year these days.

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    umm a case of the Rare Auld...at 160$ per bottle. You definitely have a bigger budget than I. I can only afford one glass of Talisker once a year these days.

Not really. I'll likely still have a bottle or two left in 10 years. That was a special Christmas present to myself.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

Dana

Dana

You seem to know way too much about beer. ;-P

Dana
    ...having spent an academic year in Germany and now living in what many refer to as "Beervana" (Oregon) it kind of just "happened".

Now wines I'm rather weak on (never got into all the "snobbery" associated with it). I know what I like and don't see the reasoning behind spending 100$s - 1,000$s for a 750 ml bottle of wine just because it is made with some rare grape or sat in a cellar for a century or so. For me 8 - 10$ usually gets a fairly decent bottle that lasts me for several dinners. I don't consider wine as much of a "social" drink (unless you are at a dinner party I guess) as beer and ale.

Now a good Scots Whiskey, that is another matter entirely though, unless I get hired at a good salary or win the Megabucks lotto, it will have to remain an "occasional" affair.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Not really. I'll likely still have a bottle or two left in 10 years. That was a special Christmas present to myself.
    ...I couldn't even afford a bottle of Talisker (58$ here) right now much less something that rare and expensive.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

KK did you get my email?

• The Vertex DoctorThe Vertex Doctor Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...I couldn't even afford a bottle of Talisker (58$ here) right now much less something that rare and expensive.

Do what I did. I put aside $50 a month for at least 5 years then for that Christmas I go look for something special to treat myself with. This past Christmas it was a case of some fine Scotch and a high end video card. You could put aside less but the kicker is not touching it.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Sisca said:
    Hmm...I have a feeling some peoples content budgets are going to take a hit today (KK) - http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions.

...yep. At least I have the PC Coupon for the G2 Morphs Pack, that will save at least 6$.

If another 5$ coupon is offered (hint hint), that will help with this and one other thing I need to get started.

Guess I could also wait until the mid month judging is complete for the PC August Challenge but that would be cutting things close. Though competition is pretty stiff. even a 10$ GC would be a big help.If you enter the Freebe Challenge and get a Accepted render it's worth a $5 GC just saying...

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I finally managed to kidnap Dawn, and am now slapping her around.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Frank0314 said:

And what, exactly, would be wrong with looking like a squirrel? :-/
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

Well I guess I got Complaints today...
    Could not get to sleep so I over slept big time.
    Woke up to a Dead freezer, everything was thawing out.
    Three full size Igloo coolers are not enough to hold all our frozen foods.
    Bags of Frozen water cost way more than they should, so does Rock salt.
    Oh yeah last one, Really folks? Five full pages in my sleep time? Geez...

None Bad stuff...
    Most stuff was saved and the rest will be dinner as it was ready to cook.
    Wanted a new Freezer anyway, this one was rather old and long in the tooth.
    Needed to use the Pick'um Up truck anyway, the dang insurance just going to waste.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited August 2013

Morning. Balmy sun on paving and rooftops and daffodils and me today, sitting in our garden warming to the day ;)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I miss.
    I miss the bright smile at sunrise, looking into my eyes.
    I miss the arms that hold me tight, day and night.
    I miss learning from someone other than me.
    I miss loving you.
    I miss living.
    I miss.
    You.

Just a weird night. Hit the strip club expecting to spend a ton of $$$$ and had 2 hours of time talking to an amazing woman about Europe, travel, and the nature of relationships.. for the price of a few drinks and dinner. :-S So I have a ton of fun money left, and the scent of her hair floods my sense.. her skin was like black silk, so soft, and her smile like the Sun rising over the ocean.

/free ride home. The limo driver wouldn't take my money, said he missed me. wtf.

I'm a hopeless romantic. Kill me now. :blank: :blank:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited August 2013

holey moley it's aug 9th already. the bus isn't crowded during summer, they all come back soon

doan like what gravity is doing to my body. nuh uh.

stuff to install, soo much quicker with the zip files. :)

forgot my deviant pwd

Post edited by Mistara on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Holy crap its almost caturday....

edited December 1969

cat day in Sims Petz means cat treats and toys and stuff are on sale at the pet park.

edited December 1969

Almost fell asleep in the sun, way to get burned even in winter :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

None Bad stuff...
    Needed to use the Pick'um Up truck anyway, the dang insurance just going to waste.

oversleeping is the best sleep :)

those fridges that have the cold water / ice chip thing on the door are pretty kewl.

edited December 1969

holey moley it's aug 9th already. the bus isn't crowded during summer, they all come back soon

doan like what gravity is doing to my body. nuh uh.

stuff to install, soo much quicker with the zip files. :)

forgot my deviant pwd

gravity sucks alright :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

None Bad stuff...

only thing worse than too much sleep is not enough

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

didya take the ostrich carriage out for a drive today? :)

edited December 1969

yawwwn if i close my eyes, might miss a flash sale.

edited August 2013

ps1borg said:

didya take the ostrich carriage out for a drive today? :)

That's a good thought, is a nice day to be riding around in a bird-powered sulky :lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

sulky is the only way to travel

btways - a new 5/25 email coupie :) good til 12-Aug

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Playing with Zev0's Growing Up For G2F.
    I added 5 “out of the box” Gias and added a preset to each one. Then I tried to imagine what the character would be like at each age, adding appropriate hair, clothing and makeup to each, but making no other changes.

Yeah, I realize some of them are floating a bit, but this was just a test of the product. :)

growing_up_Gia.jpg
    900 x 1000 - 726K
This discussion has been closed.