off topic thread

Comments

• SileneUK said:
    Selinita said:

Just to let you all know...

Tomorrow, 30 September 2018 will be my last day for active participation in the forum. Starting 1 October 2018 I shall fall silent as I'm going to be far too occupied. I've enjoyed my small excursion into Carrara and wish all it's advocates every success.

To those who've kindly encouraged me I give my deepest appreciation and thanks, to those who've posted fabulous pieces of art I urge them to continue in their quest and to those who're starting out I say, "Don't be afraid to ask the dumb questions, you may be surprised to find the help you need above and beyond your expectations."

Selina

Will miss you... we have so few women Carrarians on here and you create some amazing art!!  Good luck and come back to visit and read. That's about all I can do now myself.  Am kept so busy now with granddaughter minding in the week, then when there is time, I am trapped in this ice-age gorge in the East Midlands.

heart Silene

that Gorge on your screen looks awesome 

better trapped in Carrara than real life if not well rugged up yes

still want to go therethough,

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,133
    edited September 2018

I'm not trying to Hijack Wendy's thread .  But.....

I posted some hard too find genesis 8 couple poses in the freebie section if anyone is interested or missed the post:)    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/280451/5-free-genesis-8-couples-pose-presets

Post edited by Ivy on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    head wax said:

Hey Selina, take care, it's been a joy having you and a great sadness losing you.

Don't be gone too long.

You've been a shining light.

Andrew

+1, Ted  

ps - I have learned a lot from you in a very short period of time.  Thank you, Selina!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    SileneUK said:
    Selinita said:

Tomorrow, 30 September 2018 will be my last day for active participation in the forum. Starting 1 October 2018 I shall fall silent as I'm going to be far too occupied. I've enjoyed my small excursion into Carrara and wish all it's advocates every success.

To those who've kindly encouraged me I give my deepest appreciation and thanks, to those who've posted fabulous pieces of art I urge them to continue in their quest and to those who're starting out I say, "Don't be afraid to ask the dumb questions, you may be surprised to find the help you need above and beyond your expectations."

Selina

Will miss you... we have so few women Carrarians on here and you create some amazing art!!  Good luck and come back to visit and read. That's about all I can do now myself.  Am kept so busy now with granddaughter minding in the week, then when there is time, I am trapped in this ice-age gorge in the East Midlands.

heart Silene

You have the same colour walls in your office as I do !!!

edited September 2018

Hoping everyone with health issues is on the mend and getting the best possible care.  Referring specifically to Tim, Misty and Silene because of recent news, but include everyone else as well.

Something more tangible for good cheer -->  https://youtu.be/LNH9_F3oSAA

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Selinita said:

Selina

I've only been back a short time, but you have impressed me with your knowledge, curiosity humor, and genius!

I know from experience that sometimes you need to do things in the "real" world. That other creative endeavors take center stage (personal pun intended). Good luck on whatever it is that you are doing!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    edited September 2018

Sometimes this is the real world.

Most times it's not.

I have to admit Carrara made me fat.

Love your office Silene

Thanks for the poses Ivy!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    Selinita said:

Selina

Hello Selina, you will be missed, loved your artwork, poems, & tutorials !!! All the best on your endeavours, and if you get the time please join back in. Also don't forget to lurk the forums when you get the chance - hope you also get play-time for your Carrara interests. heart

Diomede said:

Hoping everyone with health issues is on the mend and getting the best possible care.  Referring specifically to Tim, Misty and Silene because of recent news, but include everyone else as well.

Something more tangible for good cheer -->  https://youtu.be/LNH9_F3oSAA

+5 !!!!!

head wax said:

Sometimes this is the real world.

Most times it's not.

I have to admit Carrara made me fat.

Love your office Silene

Thanks for the poses Ivy!

Hello Headwax - you mean you are the one on the right ? wink

Great to see you flying the Carrara flag !!!

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    Hereditary. Hands down best horror film the past year. My Cat Omega.

"Creepy beyond belief, "Hereditary"  ...  sustains a throb of dread throughout its first 90 minutes, and its final 30 are off-the-rails in the best way."  (rogerebert.com, M.Z. Zeitz, four stars out of four)  Sounds really good, thanks for the tip.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

sad

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Tim...  my office is a corner of our lounge  cheeky 

Dio.... that made me laugh!  Cataracts to go next spring. I now have tear duct plugs implanted to keep my eyes from drying out so the bumps don't irritate me. Nasty process, but they work! cool

Stezza... Mary Hopkin's daughter, Jessica Lee Morgan, is a talented musician herself!  She does her mother's cover on this one.  yes

smiley Silene

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    edited September 2018
    Diomede said:

+100 yes

Sorry I have been absent recently, started a new job (as a bike courier delivering food to students at the Univeristy of Arizona here) and trying to finish some new paintings for the Fall Open Studio Tour where I have a slot in gallery space instead of my decrepit hut. Hope to be more involved here at the end of October.

Love all the kitty pictures, here are mine. Scruffy is the white one, 95% feral but he lets me gently pet his head and down his back, and he comes in and dances around when I'm prepping their food. Little Kitty, the black one, I think was abandoned. As you can see from the picture, I think he was once domesticated...he actually runs the show around here.

heart you all,
    Cheers! 

scruffy_093018.jpg
    960 x 540 - 126K
    little_kitty_081718.jpg
    1440 x 810 - 172K
    Post edited by DesertDude on

@Ivy - thanks for the poses.  We must have been typing at the same time.

@DesertDude - Good uck for the upcoming open studio tour.  Hope your gallery slot goes perfectly.  Kitties look delightful, but a little dangerous.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited September 2018

more lovely kittiesheart

I did something radical

a bit more radical than I intended

was going for an Annie Lennox look but my trimmer broke and the cutter blade flew off taking a bit swath of hair on top with it as in shaved not number 2

so rather than look like a bad clown I went all out

it will regrow, meanwhile gathered up all my beanies and hats and scarves blush

bald still looks better that the mess I made

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    Diomede said:

Kitties look delightful, but a little dangerous.

Only if they don't get fed according to their routine schedule.  devil

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Firstly, thanks to those who added to the discussion on Pepakura - sorry I'm a bit late on getting back on the forums.  Checking it out half-properly is something else on my list...

@ Silene, so sorry that you won't be posting here (only for a while, I hope).  All best wishes and thanks for all the truly excellent examples of your work which you shared and helped teach us with.

@ Wendy, your expression really needs a caption.  At least in your side of the world, weather should be getting better and having very short hair is great in spring/early summer.

When I was just a small boy, a barber cutting my hair had a guy turn up repeatedly to talk about results of that day's horse racing and then he would run off again with money to place the barber's bets.  I can remember the barber cutting and cutting the same side of my head while they talked and then his face in the mirror as he finally checked the back of my head (which was out of sight to me) ...

Needless to say, I went to school the next day shorn very, very short.  In those days the hair-cream was like wallpaper paste and the way it was combed with a parting and a wave stayed solid in place for about a week (showers/baths weren't everyday routines in those days).

• FONSECAFONSECA Posts: 469
    edited October 2018

If I had the money I would send Selina a boxed parcel containing a big "tumbleweed" from California and maybe a big donut with continent frosting on it. Thanks Selina for that great  billion polygon tumbleweed that froze our computers. Hah ha     .

I had plans for a detailed 5 minute Halloween animation story involving tumbleweeds, and a cast of looney characters, but my desktop computer died over a week ago and I can't afford a new one at this time. I may buy a 300 dollar 4 core Chromebook on credit, as a replacement, but that will not be enough for complex animations, or big renders.

If things get worse over here in the USA I my have to dump computer graphics as too expensive an enterprise. It's "Blade Runner" time next year: 2019 as seen in the intro of the original 1982 film. LA has become a very different type of futuristic dystopia, far uglier even than what you see in the film. It's all over Folks, we will all be checking out soon enough.

Bye Selina, and Good Luck in the freezing UK

Post edited by FONSECA on

@ Silene, so sorry that you won't be posting here (only for a while, I hope).  All best wishes and thanks for all the truly excellent examples of your work which you shared and helped teach us with.

Hi Marcus,  I think you mean Selina (Selinita?)  she's waaaaay advanced of me!!  I can only hope to ever get to that level!  heart  SileneUK

Wendy... you braved the shave!   If you were in the UK, you could be getting contributions to the Macmillan cancer charity!  yes  Silene

https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/

SileneUK said:

Wendy... you braved the shave!   If you were in the UK, you could be getting contributions to the Macmillan cancer charity!  yes  Silene

https://bravetheshave.macmillan.org.uk/

I don't know enough people to do such things

they do it here too 

I just wanted it all off for summer but not this short  but it will grow, in a month should be where I wanted it

Release the Draken!

Viking ship is coming to my town next week.   https://www.drakenhh.com/washington/

From the webite:

ARRIVAL CEREMONY

Welcome the Draken ship as it sails into port with a display of Viking valor and excitement. Captain Björn Ahlander and his crew will step ashore to greet the crowd and introduce the Draken. This event is free and open to the public.

Draken Exhibition

Visit the Draken Village and enjoy the immersive photo and video exhibition illustrating Viking history, modern explorers, and the adventures of the Draken. The exhibition and Village are free and open to the public.

Alhough those are free, most of the cool films and stuff do have a charge.

Diomede said:

Release the Draken!

Viking ship is coming to my town next week.   https://www.drakenhh.com/washington/

From the webite:

ARRIVAL CEREMONY

Welcome the Draken ship as it sails into port with a display of Viking valor and excitement. Captain Björn Ahlander and his crew will step ashore to greet the crowd and introduce the Draken. This event is free and open to the public.

Draken Exhibition

Visit the Draken Village and enjoy the immersive photo and video exhibition illustrating Viking history, modern explorers, and the adventures of the Draken. The exhibition and Village are free and open to the public.

Wow... that looks amazing. And so does the waterfront area. I used to live in DC until the early 1970s. My dad worked for Comsat at L'Enfant Plaza and one of my bosses lived at the 'new' Harbour Place condos. SW waterfront was just starting to grow.  I do remember the old Flagship restaurant and their rum buns and the big seafood market on the waterfront. Not much else about DC, except for Georgetown and the bars and music venues.

heart  Silene 

SileneUK said:
    Diomede said:

Release the Draken!

From the webite:

ARRIVAL CEREMONY

Draken Exhibition

Wow... that looks amazing. And so does the waterfront area. I used to live in DC until the early 1970s. My dad worked for Comsat at L'Enfant Plaza and one of my bosses lived at the 'new' Harbour Place condos. SW waterfront was just starting to grow.  I do remember the old Flagship restaurant and their rum buns and the big seafood market on the waterfront. Not much else about DC, except for Georgetown and the bars and music venues.

heart  Silene 

The big seafood market is still there, although everything else is changing a lot.  By coincidence, I worked at L'Enfant Plaza until 2006, when I switched to Capitol Hill (boooo, boooo, boooo).  The good news is that they have cleaned up the rivers a lot. I actually went kayaking on the Anacostia River last year, which would have been unthinkable back when I worked at L'Enfant Plaza.

RE: the draken exhibit.  I'll have to take a few reference photos and model something.  More likely the village than the ship, but we will see.  I already have a viking ship buried in my runtime somewhere. 

edited October 2018
    Diomede said:
    SileneUK said:
    Diomede said:

Release the Draken!

From the webite:

ARRIVAL CEREMONY

Draken Exhibition

heart  Silene 

The big seafood market is still there, although everything else is changing a lot.  By coincidence, I worked at L'Enfant Plaza until 2006, when I switched to Capitol Hill (boooo, boooo, boooo).  The good news is that they have cleaned up the rivers a lot. I actually went kayaking on the Anacostia River last year, which would have been unthinkable back when I worked at L'Enfant Plaza.

RE: the draken exhibit.  I'll have to take a few reference photos and model something.  More likely the village than the ship, but we will see.  I already have a viking ship buried in my runtime somewhere. 

I went to grade school in SE and later crossed the Sousa bridge a lot to get into the city. Muddier than the Mississippi it was... but this was before the EPA.  My high school friend lives on Ky Ave NE in a townhouse she did up from an old run-down place that her dad bought after the war. Yes, build something, it would be fascinating! yes Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Selinita said:

Selina

Selina, your presence has been a wonderful gift. Best wishes to you in all endeavors. I would ask that you at least stop in to vote on the challenges, as we we would appreciate your good taste, and will always be happy know that all is well with you.

godspeed,

--ms

a video I can relate to

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179
    th3Digit said:

a video I can relate to

Funny stuff. 

This discussion has been closed.