Art ? Yess, but not here my preciousss... those nasty hobbittsses stole it and replaced it with cra

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2021

bsticks, gently catapulted into place from a carapace trebuchet

[chuckle]

@Tynkere: I'd guess The Dark Within was supposed to be sort-of serious based on my original caption, but I can't take it that way now - hence my nostril-abseilers comment ! And oh yes indeed, I read several of Terry Pratchett books in the 1980s, and marvellous fun they were too ! I think that Pyramids or Guards! Guards! was as far as I went though.

@TigerAnne: Wilfred was obviously once human (or at least he believes he was), so he's more akin to the modern (as in 1980s) RPG-type ghoul than the earlier ghūl of Arabian mythology. As to how one becomes one (the RPG-type one, not the Arabian one**) you'd have to ask one... wink

Edit: I'm not sure when your archetypal 'ghoul' of literature changed from being an elemental spirit to being an ex human being, but I'd guess that it was around the same time that Klingons got that huge lump of playdough on their foreheads?

*you don't become one of those... either you are one or you aren't...

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Love your ghoul picture and story!

edited September 2018

Love your ghoul picture and story!

Wilfred gives a little chuckle of delight, and thanks you*...

(I tracked down the inspiration: it was actually an H.P.Lovecraft short story - The Outsider )

*note: most onlookers would probably interpret that as a slobbering attempt to eat your leg

edited October 2018

The Snake Dancer

Harem guard 1 : "Ey up cueball ! Barbie* Q requires your services for the evening... who's a lucky boy !"
    [Harem guard 1 bursts into laughter, and then pretends to be polishing cueball's head, making appropriate sound effects]

Harem guard 2: "...and you know what that means... she's gonna want you to do your erotic snake dance !"
    [Harem guard 2 does a languid demonstration of some of the key moves of the erotic snake dance... just in case cueball's forgotten]

I wonder what Cueball's thinking ?

*Barbie Q is how the Amazons refer to their barbarian queen - but only when she's not around

Hmmm4e.jpg
    1926 x 2000 - 256K
    edited October 2018

I always thought that 3D stuff being called 'assets' was amusing enough*.

But I just read the descriprion for Leena International Generations - ROFL ! That one's just made my day - "...leverages your investment..." indeed !

(Hmmm...I guess that I should post a render of something stupid here...)

Hunt The Catch

I love it when I see the word  'FREE' on the main DAZ Shop page. If I'm bored I sometimes play 'Hunt The Catch', which involves finding out how much clicking/scrolling you have to do before you find the inevitable "...when you buy a product from XYZ list"

N.B. yes, there are catch-free freebies too, and some of them are absolutely marvellous,especially the bundles !

*It always brings to mind a particular management asset-hole who I had the misfortune to know...

HuntTheCatch.jpg
    989 x 986 - 153K
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

I like playing "pretend shopping-cart," to see the minimum amount I'd have to pay. On at least one occasion, I've hit "place order" when I really wasn't going to. I just had this odd twitch in my trigger-finger.

Poor old Cueball, LOL! devil

edited September 2023

That's the danger of virtual shopping - one accidental click and it jumps into the real world !

Talking of the real world, how about...

Explaining 'En Passant' To A Rancor

(render still warm from the kiln - already posted to my gallery and as an NAE in October's freebie challenge.)

c30f6e3ce04928dc2b17e45efa1c613e_original.jpg
    1535 x 1324 - 376K
    edited October 2018

Free ! All-You-Can-Eat Beach Barbecue Buffet

(another fresh render, still warm - already posted to my gallery and as an NAE in October's freebie challenge.)

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Priceless, dude! Juss keep'em comin

edited September 2023

Here's a couple that have been in my gallery for a while. I was 'inspired' by what appeared to be a sudden deluge of centaur pictures here in the DAZ galleries and forums - DAZ had obviously released some centaurs. 

I found myself wondering, Dr Moreau-ish-ly, "what if..."

Centaur - The Failed Crossbreeds: Part 1

"Mum, Dad, I HATE you both !"

Well, you would wouldn't you.

Poor filly.

(Gallery link)

Centaur - The Failed Crossbreeds: Part 2

.The Equestributts were a ferocious, but short-lived breed, despite their dual sets of working naughty bits. 

They were massive - part destrier , part ogre.
    They were fearless, ferocious, and superb warriors.

But they had one weakness - an overenthusiasm for battle. At the first sight of the enemy they would let out a terrifying (and very, very loud) whinny of combined excitement, anticipation, and fury, and charge the enemy.

Now although that may not sound like much of a weakness, consider what happens when your ridiculously muscular hindquarters can easily outrun your equally ridiculously muscular forequarters.

Almost to a man-horse (and woman-horse) they trampled themselves to death

(gallery link)

4fcfcac0822ddebe05e196e8ea7aa50a_original.jpg
    726 x 1000 - 48K
    1499b74af74b1e140210355154a5cad3_original.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 67K
    edited November 2018

I've just found a whole batch of pictures that I don't think I ever uploaded anywhere... possibly because they were crap ?

Is That You ?

Alternative Title: [In A Pantomime Voice] "They're Behind You!"

I think I screwed up the atmosphere on this one - a bit too dense.

IsThatYou.jpg
    985 x 608 - 18K
    edited November 2018

And another...

Summer Scene

See, I can do normal too !

(or maybe, just maybe, that's actually the young Grizhelda, with Squeakums...)

SummerScene2.jpg
    945 x 862 - 313K
    edited November 2018

Mountain Air

MountainAir.jpg
    861 x 862 - 49K
    edited November 2018

I'm Genesis, I'm Superior To You !

One of my very few iray renders - Mikes 2, 3 and 4 being lectured at by a Genesis Male:

"...and I can wear any clothes I want... even girl's clothes! and they fit perfectly... whereas you... you just look stupid ! "

I've only just noticed that Genesis' feet are poking out of his boots, although I think the Mikes all spotted that - 4 is smirking, while 2 and 3 appear to be noncalantly imitating. 

3Mikes+Gen.jpg
    981 x 922 - 487K
    edited November 2018

Gothic Supermarionation

GothicSupermarionation.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 406K
    edited September 2022

Don't Forget The Temporal Lubricant

Alright Time Cadet Gorgeous, you know the drill.
    Remove all your clothing and place it in the levi-bubble.
    Immerse yourself in the reservoir of temporal lubricant - we don't want our cadets getting trans-temporally stuck!
    TTFC Norbert will perform a final visual inspection and touch-up to ensure full coverage.
    You will then ascend the ladder, enter the ITTM, and adopt the foetal position, which has proven best for avoiding congestion of the temporal conduits.
    TTFC Norbert will assist as necessary. When you are ready he will perform a final check, and then return to the command cabin with the rest of the team, where we will initiate the jaunt.
    We would wish you good luck, but we know already that your mission was successful. So congratulations!     

*TTFC - Temporal Technician First Class I think ?

TrustMe3.jpg
    928 x 862 - 220K
    edited July 2019

Suede

Personally I preferred the (albeit impractical) version of this with the top and loincloth in chainmail.

Edit: Looking at this picture afresh I get the distinct impression that she's thinking "B***er! I can't reach my sword"

SuedeAndGold.jpg
    999 x 1932 - 480K
    edited November 2018

Surprise !

HeyY'All3d-crop.jpg
    900 x 1218 - 111K
    edited November 2018

Thep Kinnaree

This is a crop (to make it suitable to post here at DAZ) from the original, which was very loosely based on the legendary half human woman, half bird creature of the Himmapan forest - http://www.himmapan.com/himmapan_bird_thepkinnaree.html

Spirit.jpg
    765 x 594 - 42K

I love this thread! Since I'm too lazy to comment on every single picture you've posted here, I'm just gonna say that I'm very impressed if you've rendered all of them in 3DL. 

I don't think the atmosphere in the "behind you" picture is too dense, though. The thick fog (or is it smoke?) would make it hard for her to see her surroundings, so it seems logical that she's blissfully unaware of the two monsters creeping up. The fact that we can't see them completely clearly only adds to the claustrophobic feeling.

It's good to hear that the slippery interdimentional traveler came back safely, because for a moment there I thought her clothing had returned on their lonesome. surprise

Don't take this the wrong way, because I know a lot of things can be said about the fandom that's probably better left unsaid, but are you a fan of Rick and Morty, by any chance? (Yes, I am. And yes, I hate the fandom drama.)

edited November 2018

Not 3Delight, they're all* Poser Firefly renders (PP2014, or maybe Poser 9 for some of the older ones).
    Except the iRay one of course. That's DAZ Studio 4.<whicheverVersionFirstHadIray>

Ah, but can you see who she's actually directing her question at ? (And I've just an Alice In Wonderland inspired (stupid) idea for a rework of this picture)

Anybody who's watched Terminator knows that clothing can't time-travel, and the time-travel scientists show all their female time cadets the movie as part of their training. Curiously the male time cadets are allowed to enter tthe ITTM unlubricated and fully dressed - I suppose that's just one of the unfathomable mysteries of the laws of temporal physics ?

Who are Rick and Morty ? (I guess that answers your final question... but I couldn't resist the temptation to Google them, and then I had to watch the first 30 seconds of the first Youtube video... the immediate answer would be 'probably not', but maybe I'll have to watch a bit more... )

*I used to be a 50/50 Poser/DAZ Studio user, but around DS4.5 it went 90/10, and between 4.6 and 4.8 it went 99/1. Mainly because I mostly use my own environment and lighting (the ingeniously titled 'Worldball') and the Poser version always had the edge on the DS version. And iRay's a no-no for me because my render beast feels as if it's going to catch fire or explode if I do an iRay render...

Ah, but can you see who she's actually directing her question at ? (And I've just an Alice In Wonderland inspired (stupid) idea for a rework of this picture)

Right, it looks like there's a robed figure in the background, on closer inspection. But I have no idea who she means by "you," and since that question is 99% likely to get "yes" as an answer it's probably not relevant. 

I've actually never watched any of the Terminator movies from start to finish. frown

The main reason I thought maybe you'd be into Rick and Morty is that it features a lot of interdimentional travel, and your picture commentary has a lot of the same snarky take on pop-culture tropes you can find in that show. It's not for everyone, though. A friend of mine, who's also heavily into sci-fi inspired mad science nonsense, recommended it to me. I watched the first episode and wasn't too impressed. Then, for some reason, I watched a couple more, and I found those a lot funnier. (So I watched all of them.) It's pretty rude and gross at times, and definitely not everyone's taste.

edited November 2018

The robed figure is actually a statue. But I guess that with trying to make the fog/smoke both...
    (a) thin enough so that the person looking at the picture can tell it's a statue
    ...and...
    (b) thick enough that it's obvious that she can't tell it's a statue
    ...I was onto a loser from the start.

I'm now thinking that maybe it shouldn't be a statue after all, but instead it should be a glove-puppet manipulated by one of the monsters...

...except that they don't have hands

edited November 2018

Hi Boys !

HiBoys.jpg
    399 x 995 - 63K

WHERE ARE HER PANTS? surprise

edited November 2018
    TigerAnne said:

WHERE ARE HER PANTS? surprise

That depends whether you're speaking in American English or English English*. If It's the American version, (i.e.English English 'trousers'),then she never wears them. If it's the English English version (i.e. American English, errr... what do Americans call English English 'pants'?), then I think the boys probably stole them.

*I prefer** that term to British English. Have you heard Welsh English and Scots English ? They're different. But if you want to lump English, Welsh and Scots English together why not include Northern Irish English too - then you'd have United Kingdomish English.

**Simply for the purposes of annoying people... ;o)

• *I prefer** that term to British English. Have you heard Welsh English and Scots English ? They're different. But if you want to lump English, Welsh and Scots English together why not include Northern Irish English too - then you'd have United Kingdomish English.

So you are claiming geordies, scousers, Yorkshirepeople, the Cornish, and Londoners speak the same language and can understand each other without difficulty?

edited November 2018

As someone whose first language isn't English, I have to admit that I don't understand a lot of what the people on Game of Mobile Homes are saying, in their challenge videos. They're Irish.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    edited November 2018
    *I prefer** that term to British English. Have you heard Welsh English and Scots English ? They're different. But if you want to lump English, Welsh and Scots English together why not include Northern Irish English too - then you'd have United Kingdomish English.

So you are claiming geordies, scousers, Yorkshirepeople, the Cornish, and Londoners speak the same language and can understand each other without difficulty?

Definitely not*, I'm just trying to annoy people... devil (as I said in the footnote to the footnote...)

It was a clear statement of personal preference, using the syntax "I prefer A [over B [although in fact the reality is actually C]]" and, of course, I left out the optional bits... wink

*except for sometimes...

• TigerAnne said:

As someone whose first language isn't English, I have to admit that I don't understand a lot of what the people on Game of Mobile Homes are saying, in their challenge videos. They're Irish.

Sometimes* I don't understand what I'm saying when I read something I've just typed ! 

*quite often actually