pull up a chair, I have cake and drinks

yes you can post kitty pics heart

or your pet rock whatever

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited September 2018

OK first gripe

this dialogue window for avi files in any program always hides under something

Untitled.jpg
    303 x 382 - 28K
  • Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Selina said:

Never seen it and it doesn't come up in Carrara when choosing avi uncompressed - there's no button to 'configure' anything - so where are you launching it from?

well in this case iClone but Carrara, DAZ studio, even Blender does it

it's not the program, its the codec compression for avi in general, uncompressed being one of many options you can choose with arrow on right

I would say its my codec package

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

want cake!

cake is not a lie!

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

edited March 2021

• as I said, I don't think it's my programs, it's my codec package

I have a lot of obscure codecs I use to play stuff and convert stuff from, are not many video formats I cannot play or convert 

was mostly because of old phones I saved stuff from

it just annoyingly hides under stuff and everything waits until I click OK

• Mistara said:

want cake!

cake is not a lie!

we serve beefcake devil

th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:

want cake!

cake is not a lie!

we serve beefcake devil

minotaurs? 

edited March 2021

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Selina said:

This is my popup dialogue in Carrara - there is no other hidden one... 

Mine looks this way as well. I believe there are some codec 'super manager' shims that probably intercept the default dialog and allow for some handy codec switching, defaults, and feature settings, but I keep finding it harder to manage and update them all, vs just using the standard interface. Regarding actual codecs (this is an open conversation, right?) I use x264, lagarith, cineform, and MagicYUV via the AVI codec layer to keep my intermediate files as small-yet-lossless as possible. Like @th3digit, I also use virtualdub, avisynth, and ifognition's upsampler tool to pre-process and stream-filter videos. I also use the MAGIX video tools (pro and pro-sumer), but think the (now free) black-magic fusion suite and/or hitfilm is where I'd go if starting today.3D stereo and vr360 are both a big part of my roadmap, so having those editing features is critical to me. I keep downloading the black-magic and hitfilm updates and never digging in. sigh. PD howler has some intriguing features as well, but I see that as a Carrara post-processing 'plugin'for special effects, much like DS, heh.

Octane is my brave new frontier, but a bit pricy until I can warrant the return on investment (cart and horse?). If I just saved those silly DAZ store nickles and dimes, I'd probably have a couple of titans and 5 lifetime Octane licenses w all plugins by now.

To the original post, I'm not sure why the AVI dialog would 'hide', but most of my admin installs do the same and leave me waiting for something to happen until I notice the little W10 orange icon in the sys-bar asking me for confirmation. After a hundred times, it's getting embarrasing...

--ms

• I hope parallel discussions are OK.

Ha anyone tried Pepakura? Here's a link to a quick overview of its use:  https://www.instructables.com/id/What-is-Pepakura-and-how-to-start/

The program takes your mesh model and unfolds it so that it can be printed, cut out and made into a 3d cardboard model.

What I'm also wondering is how those (Brother?) craft printers work.  Could prints from Pepakura be automatically cut out by those machines?

Sorry if this is gobbeldy-gook.  Do I get a biscuit? 

wookie cookie

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited September 2018

I was enjoying my favorite brew in a Washington, DC bar, and an irishman from County Mayo was telling me a story that featured a llama, some turkeys, and a fox.  Is this the thread for that story?  Maybe the plinth thread?   Talking llamas there, I think.

For no reason, I loaded the low poly candy from the object browser to the default champaigne scene.  Enjoy a snack.

candy.jpg
    800 x 600 - 39K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited September 2018

I hope parallel discussions are OK.

Ha anyone tried Pepakura? Here's a link to a quick overview of its use:  https://www.instructables.com/id/What-is-Pepakura-and-how-to-start/

The program takes your mesh model and unfolds it so that it can be printed, cut out and made into a 3d cardboard model.

What I'm also wondering is how those (Brother?) craft printers work.  Could prints from Pepakura be automatically cut out by those machines?

Sorry if this is gobbeldy-gook.  Do I get a biscuit? 

i dunno what th3digit had in mind here, but that's a pretty cool tidbit. I'm saving that one! tnx!

(eta) and I opened one of the bottles and started in on it diomede, I hope that was OK. I like candy (too much), but the lo rez stuff pulls my fillings. thanks tho'.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

Anything goes?  Assuming a "yes" ... I'm participating in a couple of Horror animation contests soon, and am trying to think of scary stuff.  I've been watching old TV shows like "Night Gallery" for inspiration, but most of them are ... uh ... not very scary.  About the only movie I found really scary was "The Exorcist", but that's kind of a limited genre.  (It did inspire a very silly sequel with a great title , "Repossessed".)   So, what do you folks find scary?  

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Victoria 5/148 after 32

mwahahah.. that will get some of yas.. devil angel

edited September 2018

I am still rendering my video, looks like it will be a long one and wondering if

SeaGate Atlantis

sounds too derivative 

and Bloody hell DAZ Forum

what is this? ↓

magneto wants to sell us a spellchecker? blush OK so I can't spell derivitive cheeky I at least knew it looked wrong so checked

Capture.JPG
    524 x 524 - 62K
    edited March 2021

edited March 2021

Selina said:
    Steve K said:

..what do you folks find scary?  

If you look to see which horror film grossed the most at the box office IT might give you a clue?

Guardians of galaxy 2 freaked me out.  tossing people out the airlock

i ain't never watching that movie again. >.<

there was a pretty scary spongebob episode.

edited September 2018

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

you know it is going to happen but you still didn't save the scene

p3 import did not unparent and delete Universe before loading an aniblock from file

gets me everytime

ALWAYS unparent from universe and delete Universe before you do ANYTHING else if importing something you saved in Poser!!!!!!!!

Capture.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 354K
    Selina said:
    Steve K said:

If you look to see which horror film grossed the most at the box office IT might give you a clue?

Yes, sounds pretty scary with 7.4 at IMDB.  I'm not a big Stephen King fan, but kids vs. a shapeshifting clown sounds spooky.  It also brings to mind "Super 8" which I liked a lot.  Clowns in particular are one thing I might use, with a lot of nasty examples available for Poser/Carrara.  In fact, the 48 Hour Horror contest has a couple of dozen horror genres, one of which is "Clowns".  An aside, in a very funny episode of "Boston Legal", obnoxious, conniving lawyer Alan (James Spader), a guy who puts everybody down, is terrified of clowns.

Steve K said:
    Selina said:
    Steve K said:

Yes, sounds pretty scary with 7.4 at IMDB.  I'm not a big Stephen King fan, but kids vs. a shapeshifting clown sounds spooky.  It also brings to mind "Super 8" which I liked a lot.  Clowns in particular are one thing I might use, with a lot of nasty examples available for Poser/Carrara.  In fact, the 48 Hour Horror contest has a couple of dozen horror genres, one of which is "Clowns".  An aside, in a very funny episode of "Boston Legal", obnoxious, conniving lawyer Alan (James Spader), a guy who puts everybody down, is terrified of clowns.

workin on rosty's halloween animation challenge?smiley

edited March 2021

• Glad the Pepakura program is of interest.

I was interested in creating some very low-poly figures in costume and simple models for a children's group to make scenes with.  If the machine could print and cut them out ready for folding and sticking together I'd be keen to look into it.  I guess there will be information a-plenty out there.  I just wondered if anyone was already doing such a thing. 

Mistara said:
    Selina said:
    Steve K said:

Guardians of galaxy 2 freaked me out.  tossing people out the airlock

i ain't never watching that movie again. >.<

I haven't seen it, but good reviews.  It reminds me of a memorable "Firefly" scene with the captain interrogating a captured evil alien.  Rather than answer the question, the alien says he will kill the captain some day.  The captain then kicks the alien out through the huge running ship's engine.  Then the captain asks the question of the next alien, who is anxious to give a full answer.

Mistara said:

there was a pretty scary spongebob episode.

Haven't seen that one, either, but humor is a great addition to horror for me.  Lots of comedy/horror Poser/Carrara items to use.  The 48 Hour contest folks encourage mixing genres, one of which is "Dark Comedy Horror".  So whatever you draw, adding humor is a plus.  A great example is "The Cabin In The Woods", a sendup of almost every horror movie, with lines like:

Marty: Yeah, I, uh, I had to dismember that guy with a trowel. What have you been up to?

(Joss Whedon ("Firefly", "Buffy") had a hand in this one)

edited September 2018

i remember that firefly eppsmiley
    no aliens in firefly tho, was a bad ass dude working for ebil dude

80s hair do, scary?
    80s special effects
    the nostalgia lol

remember married with children, was like really rude, was good for laughs

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Scary?

How about Hammer?  Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing and the gang can star in my horror movie anytime.

This discussion has been closed.