(Commercial) NOW IN STORE - Sickle Rigging And Morphing System

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited June 2013

montag said:
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but for "What type of item is it" I'm not getting SRM as an option...just the default 'dress/tight'.

It doesn't come with additional metadata options, if I understand you correctly.

Or wait, do you mean in Transfer Utility?

Post edited by SickleYield on
  • kevinMontagkevinMontag Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

For 'Using SRMS with autofit' and with transfer. I'm using Adam Thwaites "Simple Dress". I'm wondering if I installed it wrong (installed manually to DS, rather than to Poser 2012).

edited June 2013

montag said:
    For 'Using SRMS with autofit' and with transfer. I'm using Adam Thwaites "Simple Dress". I'm wondering if I installed it wrong (installed manually to DS, rather than to Poser 2012).

It shouldn't matter where you installed the dress. It's possible the SRM templates are in the wrong place, though. When you ran the installer, where did you tell it to put them?

EDIT: I have Simple Dress. I converted it without difficulty, and the SRM templates showed up fine. So it's not an issue with the dress.

• kevinMontagkevinMontag Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I certainly didn't mean to imply the fault lay with Adams fine product; I've no doubt the problem stems from what the old radio men called 'a short between the headphones'. I also want to say that I've learned more from the instruction manual since yesterday than from my random "let's see what *this* does" exploration.
    I manually (rather than DIM) installed SRMS into my Daz studio rather than into Poser 2012 like it wanted; I think I guessed wrong.

edited December 1969

montag said:
    I certainly didn't mean to imply the fault lay with Adams fine product; I've no doubt the problem stems from what the old radio men called 'a short between the headphones'. I also want to say that I've learned more from the instruction manual since yesterday than from my random "let's see what *this* does" exploration.
    I manually (rather than DIM) installed SRMS into my Daz studio rather than into Poser 2012 like it wanted; I think I guessed wrong.

SRMS won't work with any version of Poser. It does need to be installed to DAZ Studio. If DS isn't picking up the templates I'm thinking it must've ended up in the wrong folder somewhere, or in a runtime that isn't mapped.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

Did you have any plans to add support for DarioFish's HFS races (elves in particular), or only for items from the daz store? I love his morphs but miss my breast bridging!

edited December 1969

Did you have any plans to add support for DarioFish's HFS races (elves in particular), or only for items from the daz store? I love his morphs but miss my breast bridging!

I just don't know yet. I'm flailing around among several projects right now, including trying to forge a dual-support workflow with Genesis and G2F. When or if it happens I'll let you know. I don't have the Elves at present.

• LuckBeLuckBe Posts: 93
    edited December 1969

I just don't know yet. I'm flailing around among several projects right now, including trying to forge a dual-support workflow with Genesis and G2F. When or if it happens I'll let you know. I don't have the Elves at present.

No rush, you've got a lot on your plate. Just knowing if it's even a possibility is enough for me. :D

• austin_paracleteaustin_paraclete Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hello, I have a question on fitting the V4 shoes to genesis. I have been trying to fit Midnight Lace Shoes V4, but have not been able to get the toe right. My steps are
    1. Load shoes and Convert to Triax Wt
    2. Load custom shape genesis and the Toe Group (since I saw toe group by displaying the bone)
    3. Hide genesis and using transfer tool with the setting from the instruction manual
    4. Save shoes and delete and reload
    5. Unhide genesis and Run transfer tool again with the setting from instruction manual
    6. Save, delete, and reload
    7. Run transfer tool again and apply pose
    One thing I realize is the bone of the shoes got straighten out. I was wondering if I am doing anything wrong.... Any suggestion? Thanks.

edited December 1969

1. Why do you have Genesis in the scene before Step 5? You should be copying from the yellow boot for the base conversion.

2. Why are you running Transfer Utility three times? The manual says twice.

3. A screenshot would help. The most common error I usually see is failing to check "reverse source shape," but if the shoe bones are "straightened out" it looks like you may just need to use the "no toe bone" boot base and a foot pose.

edited December 1969

1. Why do you have Genesis in the scene before Step 5? You should be copying from the yellow boot for the base conversion.

2. Why are you running Transfer Utility three times? The manual says twice.

3. A screenshot would help. The most common error I usually see is failing to check "reverse source shape," but if the shoe bones are "straightened out" it looks like you may just need to use the "no toe bone" boot base and a foot pose.

Sorry, I was unclear about step 2.
    1. For Step 2, I load the custom genesis. While having the genesis selected, I load the SRMboot with toe group so it conforms to the custom shape. Then I hide the genesis and use the transfer utility following the manual by setting source to SRMboot and target to the sandal.
    2. I am not sure what to do after the 2nd transfer utility. So I run the transfer utility again to fit to genesis.
    3. I do have the reverse source shape on the first transfer utility.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the no toe group later on after work and see how it comes out.

Capture.PNG
    748 x 463 - 204K
    edited December 1969

You can't use a custom Genesis or conform the boots to Genesis in Step 1. Having it morphed at that stage will mess up your final results (and is, it sounds like).

Since you're working with a custom morph (i.e., one SRMS does not support) you should definitely wait until the conversion is fully finished, saved to library, deleted and reloaded before trying to conform the shoes to any morph.

edited December 1969

I have retried convert with default genesis with toe group SRM and no toe group SRM. After I ran the transfer utility for the no toe group SRM, I realized the toe bone disappeared from the sandal. But when I ran the transfer utility the second time with default genesis and project template set to SRMbootbase. the toe bone came back to the sandal. The result showed exactly the same as when I redid the toe group SRM with default genesis on the left image. However, if I set the project template to SRM no toe group, the bone would not come back and the result was shown on the right image. The sandal would fit better but still leave a gap between the toe of the sandal and the toe of the genesis. I have redone all the above with default genesis from starter essential so maybe this sandal won't work?

combine.png
    1268 x 401 - 231K
  • katfeetekatfeete Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

You could try messing with the smoothing -- more or less smoothing might help, and I've also had good results swapping the smoothing type from Base Matching to Generic in some cases.

But yeah, not all conversions work, and some work with reservations. I would put your rightmost conversion firmly in the "reservations" category -- unless you're getting pretty up-close and personal on the feet with your camera, and at a side angle, the imperfections of the shoe are unlikely to show. But it's your call. :)

edited December 1969

What set of sandals is this again?

Messing with smoothing/collision settings is good advice, I think.

edited December 1969

The sandal is from Midnight Lace - the Negligee for V4 & SSV. I will try to mess around with the smoothing and collision. Worst case is I probably need to find another sandal to work on, but at least I have learned a little bit more about how to use the Rigging and Morphing System. Thanks for the help and suggestion from SickleYield and katfeete.

One more quick question. I saw on youtube the other day that one uses a parenting trick to move the sandal to match the feet and parent them. The video is set to private so I can't view it anymore but I remember he uses one sandal at a time. My sandal come in pair so will I still be able to use the parenting trick? Or is there a way that I can separate the pair and turn them to one sandal at a time?

edited December 1969

The sandal is from Midnight Lace - the Negligee for V4 & SSV. I will try to mess around with the smoothing and collision. Worst case is I probably need to find another sandal to work on, but at least I have learned a little bit more about how to use the Rigging and Morphing System. Thanks for the help and suggestion from SickleYield and katfeete.

One more quick question. I saw on youtube the other day that one uses a parenting trick to move the sandal to match the feet and parent them. The video is set to private so I can't view it anymore but I remember he uses one sandal at a time. My sandal come in pair so will I still be able to use the parenting trick? Or is there a way that I can separate the pair and turn them to one sandal at a time?

No, that pretty much only works with shoes that are rigged separately rather than in a pair. You can separate them if you have a modeler you're familiar with and parent the raw .obj.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess I will just have to live with it for now.

• 3DthiSS3DthiSS Posts: 146
    edited December 1969

HI
    can someone tell me if this will this work with Daz 4.6?
    thanx

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

3DthiSS said:
    HI
    thanx

Yes it does.
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    3DthiSS said:
    HI
    thanx

Yes it does.

<-- That. I use it all the time myself, so I'd definitely have to update it if it didn't. ;)</p>

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Is it just me or does the Sickle not work with gen female 2?

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

You need the Genesis 2 Female version. That works OK.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    You need the Genesis 2 Female version. That works OK.

I have the genesis 2 female but when I go to do the transfer unit, it doesn't show up like it did with the regular genesis.

edited December 1969

You need to select Basic Dress. That is the Sickleyield one.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    You need to select Basic Dress. That is the Sickleyield one.

Thanks Will do.

edited December 1969

Wilmap is basically right, but for clarification:

SRMS is for Genesis 1 only.

There IS a product that helps with Genesis to G2F conversion. It is the Sickle Dress Rig G2F, which is here: http://www.daz3d.com/sickle-dress-rig-genesis-2-female

I wouldn't call it a true SRMS G2F because it adds no FBMs. I have a full bodysuit/dress setup for SRMS G2F that is unreleased because of a problem that DAZ has not yet fixed with Studio (you can't conform G2F clothing to other G2F clothing without triggering an Autofit prompt, a problem that does not exist with Genesis).

If you want breast help with G2F, your best bet is the Breast Fixes morph pack: http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-breast-fixes-for-genesis-2-female

• BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

I just picked up this product....and I'm lost. Is there a tutorial anywhere for this item?

edited December 1969

There's a tutorial in pdf format in the ReadMes in My Library.

edited September 2013

<--That.</p>

I've gotten unsubscribed from my own thread again. :SIGH: It's a good thing I was scrolling the forum.