Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

DM Sale is up again and currently working. I bought 2 items and the pricing carried through.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Wait a minute... Platinum Club items in Fast Grab? I clearly remember some DAZ representatives stating that PC items should not be in FastGrab. It was an issue a couple of months ago, when some PC members complained, and it was promised not to happen again.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Every so often I get the impression the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing.

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

DM Sale is 79% off (not just 70%) for PC members!

edited December 1969

Yep. Plus, I don't why, but I got another discount added on in the shopping cart. Well, a gift horse and all that.
    edited December 1969

50% off Martin Frost - Limited Time
    http://www.daz3d.com/martinjfrost?limit=60

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ooooh - Tunnel Units, here I come!
    Thanks for the heads up, as it isn't front page news anymore!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

Yep. Plus, I don't why, but I got another discount added on in the shopping cart. Well, a gift horse and all that.
    Possibly the extra 10% off for owners of V6?

At any rate, Fast Grab is up to 47 items right now, including some really great PA stuff that doesn't often get deep discounts...

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Very tempting to get the Worldbase XT sets. Do I need the extreme kit in order to get the lushlands?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

No, Lushlands is standalone. Most (all?) of the new Worldbase sets require Lushlands.

• ZenrelZenrel Posts: 245
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that information Scott

edited December 1969

Wow, Fast Grab seems to have gone crazy today. The Worldbase looks interesting but it's probably really resource intensive.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Wow, Fast Grab seems to have gone crazy today. The Worldbase looks interesting but it's probably really resource intensive.

It's not that bad, as most of the landscape features are mapped 2D rather than full figures. I use these sets quite a bit and the only real quibble I've run into is that you have to be careful when using any light sets besides the ones included. Otherwise, the seams of the domes, etc., can show up as black lines running through the sky and parts of the distant scenery.

Mind you, that's for the Wt-Lushlands product, which is the base for all the add on sets. The older Worldbase doesn't work as well, especially in Daz Studio where there are resolution issues.

edited December 1969

I only have 4gb of ram, so my computer keels over if there is too much in a scene. I'm trying to save for a new one but keep letting myself get sabotaged by Daz's sales.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

anikad said:

It's not that bad, as most of the landscape features are mapped 2D rather than full figures. I use these sets quite a bit and the only real quibble I've run into is that you have to be careful when using any light sets besides the ones included. Otherwise, the seams of the domes, etc., can show up as black lines running through the sky and parts of the distant scenery.

Mind you, that's for the Wt-Lushlands product, which is the base for all the add on sets. The older Worldbase doesn't work as well, especially in Daz Studio where there are resolution issues.

apparently if you up the "shadow bias" if using uberenvironment lights, that gets rid of the seams/grid lines. :D I think it's: change the shadow bias to 1.0, instead of the default 0.1

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

I noticed a couple of new things in flashgrab. Still a lot of the stuff that was there over the weekend but Mindy is new, and a dress with stockings.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Fastgrab looks like it has all new things now.

edited December 1969

ARTCollaborations 40% off limited time
    http://www.daz3d.com/artcollaborations?limit=60

edited December 1969

Fastgrab has 17 items at the moment including a couple of dreamlight courses: http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models?limit=60

edited December 1969

I noticed some items in 3d Universe's store are on sale right now at 51%

edited August 2013

4 Neftis 3d hairs in fastgrab
    http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models

Post edited by anikad on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up. I've resisted acquiring Guillaume Hair because I thought it appeared thin on the left side, but that is definitely not the case. It does take a bit of time to render, but it does render quite nicely.

Guillaume.jpg
    856 x 881 - 262K
  • IceEmpressIceEmpress Posts: 639
    edited August 2013

I always found flash sales to be asinine. Not everybody can make it to the DAZ shop within 8 hours-- some people have to work, or enjoy their summer, which cuts significantly on sales. The "on sale for 4 hours only" ones are far worse. What's the point? Esp. since it seems like they're usually on Mondays-- i.e. a workday.

Post edited by IceEmpress on
    edited December 1969

Thus, this thread was begun to help raise awareness of the sales. I have missed very few flash sales thanks to this thread.

edited December 1969

I like flash sales but I do like it best when they occur when I can partake. Since DAZ's store has become NSFW perusing the store at work is no longer possible, having sales during the middle of the day are difficult for me.

edited December 1969

I like flash sales but I do like it best when they occur when I can partake. Since DAZ's store has become NSFW perusing the store at work is no longer possible, having sales during the middle of the day are difficult for me.

I agree. 24 hour flash sales would make more sense, really.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is the flash sale thing not on lately?

i was checking at 2am last night, didn't catch a flash. hard to believe :lol: there's still hairs on my w/l. and critters. even after 4 years of this crazy hobby

edited December 1969

I noticed a couple of new things in flashgrab. Still a lot of the stuff that was there over the weekend but Mindy is new, and a dress with stockings.

flashgrab :) is catchee

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Thanks for the heads up. I've resisted acquiring Guillaume Hair because I thought it appeared thin on the left side, but that is definitely not the case. It does take a bit of time to render, but it does render quite nicely.

woww that does look good.

weird fastgrab, the pc coupie doesn't work on it

edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

woww that does look good.

weird fastgrab, the pc coupie doesn't work on it
    Neftis hairs are not DO.
    DO'H! :)

This discussion has been closed.