Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• I really like the idea of set playing times as well as the set templates.  I thing that will definitely simplify things. Restricting the moves to not be able to use the same one in a row will spice things up a bit I think as well. And I really like the idea that at least 3 people have to own the item.  That will really help.  I love V4 but do find her a bit of a pain to use sometimes.  And it may be more difficult to find enough people who own the same thing.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Novica said:

:)  You're welcome.  Yes, we'll do it again- it will be a couple months at least and will be easier. :)  As I mentioned before though, I won't be sponsoring it, this was a one time thing.   It will be just for fun unless PAs or others want to sponsor it.  The good thing about that would be a lower requirement for gameplay. We may want to address in some way, if someone hasn't played at all, they need to be removed from the game so we don't keep interacting with their list. (whether or not there's prizes.)  It's a waste of time. Thoughts?

Changes to improve gameplay and speed things up, etc:
    1.  There will be set play times, taking into consideration different time zones and having them overlap. 

2.   It will be a week long thing, with the set play times only being two to three hours at a time (so I don't live at the computer.)  We'll all get together before it starts and customize it for your time zones.  WIth it being a week long, when people aren't online they can still play sometime, and the times will be set. The only stops in gameplay during that time will be if someone makes a mistake, which will influence who has what. I'm going to coordinate game times with you, we want to be sure at least two or three players are available to play at any given time. Life happens, it's just to give us a better chance at participation.

3.  I'll generate the main list (which will be a variety and include utility products, clothing, etc- everything. You'll have that list with clickable links so you can easily check and see if you've purchased them,  and send me ONE list of what you own by simply highlighting the item. You won't have to keep checking in when someone else announces they will be playing.

4. you'll have more starting items so it's easier to swap within the (formerly Yes I Own It) starting list. Then your competitors will vote as to what you have to keep :)  and you get to choose one too from the ones you ended up with. (You will do that before the voting.) 

5. With the addition of NSF 8 and 9 (which I thought was funny, those were the most complicated yet most used after introduction!) it made it easy to bring things over from the Main List. So it got easier at the end of the game, but it was a bit restricted prior to that.  I did notice items that weren't owned as much bogged down the game. So... From the main list, at least THREE PEOPLE must own an item for it to stay in the list. It was very restrictive with just two people owning it. 

6. Unlimited moves. We will however,  restrict the number of times you can decide to simply swap out an item, that defeats the purpose of others controlling what you have. We'll increase it from one, what's your thoughts? One time per game time (aka, once for each 2-3 hour time slot) was what I was thinking. 

7. Next (ahem 3dcheapskate, you little darling!) you will be restricted in the number of times you can use a move in a row. Variety is the spice of life. I was guilty too of course,  of having people go get an item then swap. :)  In the Yes I Own It List (current status) I'll post what your last move(s) were. 

8. Once an item has been taken from the Main List and returned, it can only be taken out one more time. Then it will be removed. That way the same items don't keep getting re-circulated. In the Main List, once an item has gone out there will be a 1X by it's name. When it goes out the next time, I will put 2X DONE. If the player keeps it, fine, if it comes back, I don't have to do anything else because it's already marked it's out of play. 

9. A player can't get an item again once it has been taken from them. I'll have an "X" list under each player. 

10. Players wait until the timeline is updated prior to their next move, to ensure what they want to do is still possible. I'll have another person helping to moderate, who will be checking the validity of the move, while I'm typing the timeline. They tell me it's good, I post. (I'll also be checking, after I type the timeline. For example, I will be checking the "X" for the player to ensure they haven't had it before, while the other moderator checks who owns what.) 

11. We will have a set template, with comments added. Sometimes it was time consuming to figure out what you meant. It will be simple. Like the move number, name of it (so I know you have what you meant to have) and the steps. (Example, if someone goes and gets an item, brings it back and swaps, you'd have those steps, including what the other person is giving.)  It makes it fast for us to check and approve the move. 

12. We'll discuss whether or not to include the generation 4 items. Very few people selected those. Would like to hear your thoughts (now, on this thread.)  I'd like to use Generation 2- on. 

We're hopefully going to be working on a few other things which may even get some things automated for you :)  After doing the game once, I have an idea of what NOT to do (the Thief option won't be available as it slowed down gameplay, and NSF's added later pretty much covered going to the Main List and getting items.) 

I like all your suggestions but I think 3 and 5 will be really helpful.  I had a hard time targetting some players.  I also did my best not to repeat NSF's but it was sometimes unavoidable.

And I think having 1 main list will be helpful for you and the participants.

I am assuming Hagred will return?

• Been really busy this weekend/week so far but I wanted to peek in and cheer! Yay judges! Yay Novica! Yay everybody!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'm not sure if players found Old Hagred to be a distraction or found her fun to pass around. :)  I'll leave that up to the players next time. 

• I know I found it fun to pass along Old Hagred for some of the funny comments she had to pass along as well!!laughdevilyes

I know I for one loved the game/render contest and would love to play again.

And all the changes and such is going to make it more fun to play I think!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Old Hagrad was one of my favorite parts to the game!

edited September 2018

I think you'll love what I have in mind for Not So Fast 2!  Clothing will be included, and I am selecting funky, looking out of place/ for a specific setting items that will make it hilarious to have in a scene. What I was thinking on the next one-

2 sets which have to be combined (I think that is what made these so amazing, the way you managed to do that)
    2 props (must be equally used and easily seen)
    3 choices. Can be props, characters, hair, clothes, HDRIs, utilities. A mix. NO SETS.

I'm trying to keep this from being too taxing on your system(s) and your characters have to wear clothes/ have hair for the most part unless they're bald- so this should keep it do-able. By letting the clothing be in the choices, you may end up with 3 clothing items that do NOT go together- (which IMO will be hilarious) but you may want to have a variety. So the question is, would you rather have the 3 choices limited to 2 of any kind? Aka, the most hair, or the most clothes, would be two? The HDRIs are definitely limited to one. Edit- we can also limit it to only 1 more character. Or we can say the 3 things must be 1 of each type of thing, which would be easier. 

Post edited by Novica on

So on the last one, the choices would be props, characters, hair, clothes, HDRI's, utilities. I rather like the idea of for the MIX you can have 1 for three of those categories. So you may have 1 prop, 1 character, and 1 hair.   OR 1 prop, 1 hair, 1 utility. Etc.  In other words, you won't use all those categories. You will only have 3 items total, all from different categories. Makes it easy for me to moderate too.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Novica said:

So on the last one, the choices would be props, characters, hair, clothes, HDRI's, utilities. I rather like the idea of for the MIX you can have 1 for three of those categories. So you may have 1 prop, 1 character, and 1 hair.   OR 1 prop, 1 hair, 1 utility. Etc.  In other words, you won't use all those categories. You will only have 3 items total, all from different categories. Makes it easy for me to moderate too.

Considering what everyone went through, especially you with moderating, simpler is probably better...even if not quite as "interesting" in the end for renders.

Amen to that, lol. I won't be playing per se in this next one, as I didn't really have time and it was a struggle to do it- but I will be making recommendations to help you along. "Quick Tips" 

I figured it out- I found it most beneficial to make a quickie chart of the Current Status items (what players currently had), with the items listed down the left, and players at the top in a row. Then I put a checkmark for each item under the player's name that owned it. Then just looked at the item and in it's row, the checkmarks were who could do a move. 

I think it would be more challenging and potentially more funny it we were limited to using only the items we ended the Not So Fast! rounds with. 

@nonesuch00  Meaning take out the third NSF completely- you aren't allowed to personally swap out items? 

No, I mean in the renders we did we were allowed to add items that weren't in out list of the 6 items we ended with in the Not So Fast1 if I remember right. So basically just do a render with 6 items and nothing else.

Novica said:

@nonesuch00  Meaning take out the third NSF completely- you aren't allowed to personally swap out items? 

Hmm. I think there should be a happy balance with that. I think it could limit creativity, but agree, the other things shouldn't overrun the products we're supposed to be using. We'll think on that. :) 

Here's a link to the Not So Fast! 2 list of "A" vendors, and there's a link in the first post which has the survey already set up. This time, it will be a LOT easier for you to tell me which items you own. I'm starting with the A vendors, seeing which items are owned by three people, and we'll put those as a priority when we near the gameplay time. (We're talking a month or so down the road.)  If you open a window with the survey in it,  and just click each item, those will open new tabs. Simply close the ones you don't own, and you have easy references for which ones to checkmark in the survey. (Do small groups of tabs so the first part of the name will show.) 

Headed offline to get some sleep, 8:30am here. 

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited September 2018

RGcincy said:

I second 3dcheapskate's yes yes

And I nominate 3dcheapskate to be our "official" cheerleader. I found your comments throughout the contest to be funny and I'd look forward to see what you'd say next.

Oo-er, I'm not sure about 'cheerleader' !
    [Dances a bit in front of full-length mirror wearing short skirt ] Noooo ! Definitely not !

Edit: my muse left a render in my recycle bin... she's weird !

Novica said:

...7. Next (ahem 3dcheapskate, you little darling!) ...

I don't think anybody's called me a little darling before... well, not in the last 50 years...

Novica said:

...Here's a link to the Not So Fast! 2

It looks like I'll be bowing out of the next one - I don't have any of these (I'm not a Genesis / Iray user). smiley

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • @3dcheapskate, That is just the beginning of the list.  She is compiling a list from ALL the vendors and I am sure that there will be plenty of stuff we all have.  It wouldn't be nearly as fun without you!

I have to say that you have one of the best senses of humor I have come across in a long time and I just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your posts!  You've made me laugh even on days where I really didn't want to lol.

• Novica said:

Hmm. I think there should be a happy balance with that. I think it could limit creativity, but agree, the other things shouldn't overrun the products we're supposed to be using. We'll think on that. :) 

Here's a link to the Not So Fast! 2 list of "A" vendors, and there's a link in the first post which has the survey already set up. This time, it will be a LOT easier for you to tell me which items you own. I'm starting with the A vendors, seeing which items are owned by three people, and we'll put those as a priority when we near the gameplay time. (We're talking a month or so down the road.)  If you open a window with the survey in it,  and just click each item, those will open new tabs. Simply close the ones you don't own, and you have easy references for which ones to checkmark in the survey. (Do small groups of tabs so the first part of the name will show.) 

Headed offline to get some sleep, 8:30am here. 

There is a link going to the 404 not found Dystopia Streetscapes: Corner A   I tried 4 times.

I'll also be asking for input from those unable to play once I get done. :) 

@saphirewild  How weird. They had to pull that link in the past day or two- when you Google it, it's the same exact link which I posted, and it too is a 404.  Just ignore it if It's in the survey/voting over at Survey Monkey.  Thanks for letting me know. 

Right now I have so few items on those lists I'd be able to maybe start the game but not finish because I'd have no moves I could make. I tend to have only a limited selection of PC+ and items in a very limited selection Pro Bundles available.

• I am a bit embarassed by just how much content I seem to have....

edited September 2018

Right now I have so few items on those lists I'd be able to maybe start the game but not finish because I'd have no moves I could make. I tend to have only a limited selection of PC+ and items in a very limited selection Pro Bundles available.

IceDragonArt and I are pretty flexible so far as content. If you get a chance, PM me a list of A vendors (go to Vendors list) products you own. 

What we're doing is generating a list from survey monkey of items a lot of people own. It can be exported in various forms, including a spreadsheet, and we're trying to get something automated from there. I still need everyone to identify what they DO own from the one that is already posted. We are just doing Genesis 2 forward, however. Items can be clothing, hair, characters, props, sets. I'm posting some HDRI's but we only need a few of those. I'm going for "different" clothes and whackier hair, but let us know what you've got.  PM ME your list of just A vendors. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2018

Let me show you what's happening so far. THIS IS THE "A" LIST ONLY. 4 replies so far.

ANSWER CHOICES–

RESPONSES–

Iray HDRI Storms, Lightning, and Desert 

75.00%

Prehistoric HDRIs 

50.00%

Red Planet For Iray 

0.00%

Winter HDRIs

25.00%

Alana And Bodysuit (G3/8F)

0.00%

Amazon Tree Frogs And Tadpole

50.00%

Amber (Gen3F)

25.00%

Brenna (Ophelia 7/Gen3F)

75.00%

Caitlin (Gen3F)

0.00%

Ephestra for Aiko 8 (Gen8F)

50.00%

Grutilda (Gen3F/Genevieve 7)

25.00%

Indian Elephant

75.00%

Isae (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

Izaro, Sharu, And Bodysuit (Gen8F)

25.00%

Izzy (Gen8F)

25.00%

Janet (Gen8F)

25.00%

Kellyn for Alexandra 8 (Gen8F)

25.00%

Lila (Gen3/8F)

0.00%

Marc (Michael 8)

25.00%

Marguerite (Gen2F)

0.00%

Mildred

25.00%

Niesha (Gen8F)

25.00%

Pepper (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

Phyrra for Mika 7 (Gen3F)

25.00%

Raine (Gen3F)

25.00%

Ruven for G3 Male (G3M)

0.00%

Sewa (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

Sienna (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

Ultimate Fly Collection (Maggots)

25.00%

Ultimate Wasp Collection (Wasp)

25.00%

Valeria (OLD) (Gen8F)

0.00%

Valerie (Gen2F)

25.00%

Wild Boar

25.00%

Wolf 2.0

75.00%

Yamile (Gen8F)

25.00%

Vernea for Aiko 8 (Gen8F)

25.00%

20.50 Cyberpunk Everyday Clothes (Gen3M)

25.00%

2075 Feral Assasin X (Gen3F)

0.00%

300X EV Suit (Gen8F)

0.00%

50's Swimsuit (Gen2F)

0.00%

Amazon Warrior Outfit (Gen8F)

0.00%

Amethyst Outfit (Gen3F)

25.00%

AQ Barbarian (Gen3M)

0.00%

Arabian Prince Outfit (Gen3M)

50.00%

Arcane Summoner (Gen3M)

75.00%

Austrani Outfit (Gen3F)

100.00%

Ayala Outfit (Gen3F)

25.00%

Bashful Beachwear (Gen8F)

0.00%

Boho (Gen3F) Aave Nainen

75.00%

Bounty Huntsman Outfit (Gen8M)

50.00%

Centurion XIV (Gen2M)

75.00%

Chevalier Armor (Gen3M)

100.00%

Chevaleresse Armor (Gen3F)

100.00%

Clinical Therapy Outfit (Gen3F)

25.00%

Construction Worker (Gen2/3M)

75.00%

Cool Climate (Gen2F)

50.00%

Crimson Seas (Gen3M)

75.00%

Cyber Soldier (Gen3M)

25.00%

Daemon Outfit (Gen3F)

50.00%

Deep Sea 6 Dive Suit (Gen8M/F)

0.00%

dForce Diva Iconic Halter Dress Outfit (Gen8F)

0.00%

dForce Fun of the Fifties (Gen8F)

0.00%

dForce Granny Nightgown Outfit (G8F)

25.00%

dForce King Of Rock N Roll Outfit (Gen8M)

50.00%

dForce Miellyn Outfit (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

dForce Mother Goose Outfit (Gen8F)

100.00%

dForce Nkea Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

dForce Overalls Outfit (Gen8M)

75.00%

dForce Retro Aviator Outfit (Gen8M)

50.00%

dForce Soulful Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

dForce Swim Shorts (Gen8M)

25.00%

dForce Urban Ballerina (Gen8F)

0.00%

Demon Master Outfit (Gen8M)

75.00%

Exquisite Ornaments Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

Fall Trends (Gen3F)

75.00%

Fantasy Friar Outfit (Gen3M)

50.00%

G7 Bio Suit (Gen3F)

75.00%

Gemini Warrior Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

Goldberry Outfit (Gen3F)

75.00%

Greenleaf Outfit (Gen3F)

50.00%

Havoc Outfit (Gen3M)

100.00%

Helix Alpha Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

Helix Charm Outift (Gen8F)

25.00%

Helix Tau Outfit (Gen8F)

25.00%

His Shirt (Gen3F)

25.00%

HoloFlow (Gen3F)

50.00%

Hospital Wear (Gen3M/F)

50.00%

Island Warrior Outfit (Gen3M)

75.00%

Kazumi (Gen2F)

25.00%

Knight Eisenfaust (Gen3M)

25.00%

Lizard Shaman (Gen2M)

75.00%

Manga-Anime Battlesuit (Gen2/3F)

50.00%

Marine Outfit (Gen3F)

25.00%

Misaki (Gen2F)

25.00%

Mischievous Fairy (Gen3F)

75.00%

Morduin Outfit (Gen3F)

50.00%

Necromancer (Gen3F)

0.00%

Neo Ayane (Gen2F)

25.00%

Norseman (Gen3M)

75.00%

Oak Defender Outfit (Gen8M)

75.00%

One Piece Swimsuit (Gen8F)

50.00%

Orbital Merc (Gen8F)

0.00%

Proxy Outfit (Gen3/8F)

25.00%

Queen of Shadow (Gen3F)

25.00%

Rune MALE Outfit (Gen2M)

0.00%

Rune Outfit (Gen2F)

50.00%

Saturn 3 Outfit (Gen8F)

0.00%

Silmefea (Gen2F)

0.00%

Sorceress Apprentice Outfit (Gen8F)

50.00%

Stealth Siren Outift (G8F)

50.00%

Storm Queen Outfit (Gen2F)

100.00%

Sunny (Gen3F)

25.00%

Survivor (Gen3M)

25.00%

Sweatsuit (Gen3M)

25.00%

Tau Ceti Overseer (Gen2F)

0.00%

The NightQueen Armor Collection (Gen3F)

25.00%

The Templar Outfit (Gen3M)

0.00%

Time Soldier Outfit (Gen8M)

50.00%

Valkyrie Outfit (Gen3F)

50.00%

Wastelander (Gen3M)

25.00%

Wish Granter Outfit (Gen3F)

50.00%

Witch Doctor (Gen2M)

50.00%

Wizard Apprentice Outfit (Gen8M)

50.00%

Woodlands Wanderer (Gen2F)

25.00%

Total Respondents: 4  

Post edited by Novica on
    edited September 2018

Don't you just LOVE that 4/4 people own that silly Mother Goose Outfit? cheeky  BTW, I am one of the four. Since I own a lot of content, I may need to play to ensure that folks with less content can play, as I probably own what they own. 

Post edited by Novica on

I was also thinking yesterday- how would you folks feel about people participating in the render part of it, who didn't play the game but we could make moves on them? Like we did with the two folks who didn't get to start the game or finish it?  The gameplay can be intimidating (but we're working on automating part of it for you, just be patient) but some people may like the fun of trying to render what they end up with. That way more people can participate, and we can have fun doing mischief to them (evil cackle.) 

• Guess how many of the 1's are mine?  Lol.  I did find some new stuff to wishlist.

Wasn't that cool, going through the list and seeing the stuff? I was like, "Ooooh, I don't have that!" 

....and also, "WHY do I have that? What was I thinking????"  (Must've been some great glitching going on!) 

• Novica said:

Wasn't that cool, going through the list and seeing the stuff? I was like, "Ooooh, I don't have that!" 

Yes it was lol!  My wishlist has expanded quite a bit already.  And there are definitely some, wow, what on earth am I going to do with that?  And why did I think that was a good idea?

edited September 2018
    Novica said:

IceDragonArt and I are pretty flexible so far as content. If you get a chance, PM me a list of A vendors (go to Vendors list) products you own. 

What we're doing is generating a list from survey monkey of items a lot of people own. It can be exported in various forms, including a spreadsheet, and we're trying to get something automated from there. I still need everyone to identify what they DO own from the one that is already posted. We are just doing Genesis 2 forward, however. Items can be clothing, hair, characters, props, sets. I'm posting some HDRI's but we only need a few of those. I'm going for "different" clothes and whackier hair, but let us know what you've got.  PM ME your lis of just A vendors. 

OK, I went to both me product listings & in DS itself looking for a database filter that has as the primary key as a filter for the vendor and could not find such a filter. Do you have a reference quick sheet on DAZ Studio database and/or file primary, secondary, terciary, ... keys?

Or to you mean just list the products I have in the Vendors that you two have already listed?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on