Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2018

I just noticed that I messed up with one of my GIMP compositings - I'll have to fix that tomorrow. Off to bed now.

Done - fixed image now in place. (I'd originally removed too much of the sea when compositing)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I like all the sluggians & poses too, they are good

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Update on the judges so far. Glad participants brought their A-Game because look at the talent who'll be judging! (And maybe more to come. Some haven't checked their PMs yet.) 
    Your judges are: 

Sloshwerks, DestinysGarden, Design Anvil, Divamakeup, The Philosopher, AntMan, Faveral, Marshian, Doctor Jellybean, KindredArts, Khory, V3Digitimes,  DarwinsMishap, Tabasco Jack,  Cris Palomino

edited August 2018

Is it okay for me to post renders of my earlier ideas now ?

If so I think I'll do that on my own thread, unless anybody (I'm thinking of poor mad fools here) is particularly desparate to have them posted here. Edit: They're posted over on my stupid thread

(Posing the slugfolk was quite easy - they came with a good variety of kneeling, sitting and standing poses and I just tweaked the heads and arms to hide the fact that I used the same poses several times  devil )

I have to say that I loved RGcincy's use of the steampunk gears - using the old principle of "hiding in plain sight" they fit in perfectly. Even though they don't. I like that.

And I was really looking forward to seeing the Porta Potty front and centre in Kismet2012's picture. I spent ages looking for it, thinking that it was also "hidden in plain sight"... I still think the keychain thingy is a clever bluff, so I'm still examining the picture !

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

If so I think I'll do that on my own thread, unless anybody (I'm thinking of poor mad fools here) is particularly desparate to have them posted here.

(Posing the slugfolk was quite easy - they came with a good variety of kneeling, sitting and standing poses and I just tweaked the heads and arms to hide the fact that I used the same poses several times  devil )

I have to say that I loved RGcincy's use of the steampunk gears - using the old principle of "hiding in plain sight" they fit in perfectly. Even though they don't. I like that.

And I was really looking forward to seeing the Porta Potty front and centre in Kismet2012's picture. I spent ages looking for it, thinking that it was also "hidden in plain sight"... I still think the keychain thingy is a clever bluff, so I'm still examining the picture !

I hate getting ideas for an image after it has been submitted to a contest.

If so I think I'll do that on my own thread, unless anybody (I'm thinking of poor mad fools here) is particularly desparate to have them posted here.

I hate getting ideas for an image after it has been submitted to a contest.

I always like to think positively - ideas that arrive too late are simply a sign that the muse doesn't care about deadlines... wink

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Some really fun renders!  I love to see how people's mind's work.  Might be interesting to see what we would all come up with if given the same set of items. 

edited August 2018

I don't think I discussed that the three props had to be equally used or seen, just that the two sets had to be used equally. I did honestly assume the props would be obvious. This is the first time for the contest and in the next contest we'll definitely have the requirement the items (all of them) should be easily seen and a main part of the focus. That's what makes this fun, is the integration and awareness of the items. 

I didn't state that the props had to be equally used to my recollection (and I think the keychain idea is adorable!) so it's fine for this contest.The porta potty just took the opposite approach of a fun integration of looking to see where the potty was indeed placed. 

The judges were told days ago, before these renders were posted,  to look at the overall scene, creativity, and use of the products. The two sets being used equally was the only detail provided on that. How they address not seeing the props easily will be up to them. @Kismet2012 if you want to make the porta potty bigger on the keychain, leave as it, change the scene, totally up to you. I'm fine with the way it is as you followed the guidelines given.  :)  

Post edited by Novica on

Ya I'm a bit worried about the bow, its really hard to see in the skeletons hand.  I don't think I can change it now.

@icedragonart  For the bow, would masking and lightening it help? A different color? I'd have to pop over and look at it.

Yeah, I don't think the judges will even see that (and no comments allowed in the render post other than storyline.) Could you do it a blue, light red, etc and just a light smoky brush over it  to blend it in?

edited August 2018

Well my Versatile Terrain set is obscure too, perhaps too obscure as no one would reasonably recognize it as asphalt that need to be tapped down where the baby pachy is pulling the Excalibur sword out from behind the wheelbarrow. I could add a second instance if you all like, I might do so anyway and make it more recognizable as the Versatile Terrain at the end of the street; to do so would require me to make a major change in the camera frame and location of the camera but nothing other than that except probably using some of JGreenless's iRay nature materials for updating the Versatile Terrain.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Some really fun renders!  I love to see how people's mind's work.  Might be interesting to see what we would all come up with if given the same set of items. 

That would be fun.  Even if just for ourselves.

@nonesuch00   That is up to you, it's fine with me if you want to do it to ensure the product gets recognized (and anyone else who has second thoughts on if the judges can see all the props easily.)  

Novica said:

I don't think I discussed that the three props had to be equally used or seen, just that the two sets had to be used equally. I did honestly assume the props would be obvious. This is the first time for the contest and in the next contest we'll definitely have the requirement the items (all of them) should be easily seen and a main part of the focus. That's what makes this fun, is the integration and awareness of the items. 

I didn't state that the props had to be equally used to my recollection (and I think the keychain idea is adorable!) so it's fine for this contest.The porta potty just took the opposite approach of a fun integration of looking to see where the potty was indeed placed. 

The judges were told days ago, before these renders were posted,  to look at the overall scene, creativity, and use of the products. The two sets being used equally was the only detail provided on that. How they address not seeing the props easily will be up to them. @Kismet2012 if you want to make the porta potty bigger on the keychain, leave as it, change the scene, totally up to you. I'm fine with the way it is as you followed the guidelines given.  :)  

I will play around with it and see what happens.

@icedragonart   I know, you folks are tired of hearing from me....   Will you put your products like the other contestants have them, one per line, and linked? I just checked yours and the judges can't click links on some of them (and they're a bit harder to read the way you have them.)  The judges probably will be clicking links to see the products used and if they're in the scene. (I'm having to look up some of them, that's when I discovered some weren't linked.) 

Novica said:

Yeah, I don't think the judges will even see that (and no comments allowed in the render post other than storyline.) Could you do it a blue, light red, etc and just a light smoky brush over it  to blend it in?

I can go in and make it stand out a little bit I'm sure if that's allowed.

edited August 2018

Ya I can fix it no problem.  I've got to get my promos done then will go over and work it a bit later.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

That would be fun.  Even if just for ourselves.

Right?  A group of us in a jewelry making forum did that once, we all got the exact same selection of beads and made something out of them. It was super interesting to see what people did. although surprisingly there were a couple that were very similar.  Fascinating stuff lol

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

All the entries posted so far are so good they're making me reconsider my really silly idea....

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

All the entries posted so far are so good they're making me reconsider my really silly idea....

no, no, no .... don't reconsider, go with the silly idea!

edited August 2018
    RGcincy said:

+1    Like my Grape Xscape Chess Bar wasn't silly with a robot serving the chess pieces? And then there's my favorite Muck battling it out...

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2018

yes Silly ideas are great ! yes

Novica said:

Whoops! That comment of mine wasn't serious - using it as a keychain was a really neat idea laughyes

RGcincy said:

+2!  Go with it!

RGcincy said:

+2!  Go with it!

I agree!!

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Hmmm. It's SUPER silly, though. But I'll give it a second chance.

Can't wait to see it!

Even BETTER !

I have redone my render and it is at 65% rendered but not a big change to the rior render.

I am going to go in hopefully tonight and try and make the bow more visible.