Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief Makers

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Novica said:

I looked at Kismet2012's combination and got a good laugh at the indoor/outdoor combination. We sure didn't make it easy, did we? I can picture the employees toting the laser arcade game inside every time a thunderstorm rolls in.

I'm looking for the Porta Potty though. Am I just not seeing it?

Did you take a close look at the keychain?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Ah, there it is!  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I posted mine.

I love the dude selling lemonade back in the background!  VERY nice use of the sets, you combined them wonderfully. And of course, I still love Muck. (I'm the one who made sure you ended up with him :)  )  Poor Kong doesn't stand a chance! 

Novica said:

I love the dude selling lemonade back in the background!  VERY nice use of the sets, you combined them wonderfully. And of course, I still love Muck. (I'm the one who made sure you ended up with him :)  )  Poor Kong doesn't stand a chance! 

That "dude" is a lady! (Victoria 5). 

That's what I get for doing four things at once and trying to rush. Anyway, love the dudette! 

And I thank you for Muck!!

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

Well done Barbult! I had a good laugh from your entry. You made everything go together so well.

And your grilled donuts look delicious!

Now you have me wondering whether grilled donuts are a real thing. I love how the gears are front and center and getting attention.

@rgcincy   Please put a title and your name in (   )   after it. I appreciate everyone keeping their titles short, it helps with the survey/voting format. 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some really great renders so far!!

I am still working on mine should have it done by Monday or Tuesday!!

@saphirewild   Looking forward to it! You have a fun combination of products. 

Novica said:

Now you have me wondering whether grilled donuts are a real thing. I love how the gears are front and center and getting attention.

I just gogled it and it is! grilled donuts  I guess you can grill or deep-fry just about anything.

Novica said:

@rgcincy   Please put a title and your name in (   )   after it. I appreciate everyone keeping their titles short, it helps with the survey/voting format. 

done

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

those are good for a laugh, thanks

I like the idea of this contest as it forces you to combine things you would never consider on your own. And it lets other people try to make it even harder. I guess it's similar to the RRRR contest but that only involves a random pull. 

Novica, nonesuch00 and Kismet2012 have great entries, too. Everyone has handled their items with ease - even the indoor/outdoor sets. I look forward to seeing the rest of the renders. I like the humor in these. It is reminiscent of RRRR for sure.

This was definitely a fun contest.  Hopefully we will give the judges a hard time making their choices.

edited August 2018

You know what I think is hilarious? The fact your renders are coming up with the Daz Deal app for those products. People are going to see the Forum References, click on the link, and go, "What the heck?"  when they see your renders! 

Post edited by Novica on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited August 2018

Finally finished.  I realized the bow is really hard to see, its in the skeletons left hand (our left).  It is there though.

I was looking at Novica's entry again and realized, I even have a tank top that is almost identical to the one she used lol. Same color even

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

@icedragonart

Hey gal, I think you've created a new species!  Look, Garan the first thing we need to do is figure out how to get past the giant alligors that surround the place.   

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I really like all the images you guys have done. I'm amazed you all managed to get all the things you needed into the renders. So creatively, too. :)

edited August 2018
    Novica said:

@icedragonart

Hey gal, I think you've created a new species!  Look, Garan the first thing we need to do is figure out how to get past the giant alligors that surround the place.   

"snicker"  Considering I have looked at that darn image for almost 48 hours I'm surprised I haven't turned into a new species!

I do hope I managed to convey my idea the way I intended it.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on

Oh, you did. The special effects add to the scene and are the focus, but I still was able to enjoy the background folks too. I like the change in hue for the background, more blue. Makes a wonderful contrast with the foreground colors of gold. Very nicely done! 

That's a very intriguing image, IceDragonArt, and very nicely done. I think you are the first to incorporate billboards. That's was smart thinking.

Novica said:

Oh, you did. The special effects add to the scene and are the focus, but I still was able to enjoy the background folks too. I like the change in hue for the background, more blue. Makes a wonderful contrast with the foreground colors of gold. Very nicely done! 

Thank you!  I was actually pretty excited about the sci fi module, it turned out to be perfect as a kind of steampunk/magic projector.  This one really pushed me to think outside the box as far as props etc go, and I definitey need to do that more often. 

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2018

There are some wonderful images posted on the render thread,and they've inspired me to get my act together. I decided which idea(s) to go with and started rendering this morning. But I'm having to do it in bits - partial renders of sections of the scene, combined in GIMP. My poor old laptop can't cope with what I'm throwing at it.

I'm going for realism with my image... [snigger] well,with sluggians, deaddy bears, curious hallways, and regenerators you have to aim for realism, don't you wink

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

A realistic Sluggian sounds interesting! 
    And yes, reminder to everyone- deadline is August 31st, Daz Midnight. 

@3dcheapskate  OMGoodness, the posing on all those Sluggians!  And I love how you broke apart Curious Hallway! 
     So much going on in the scene, it's amazing :)  

So many creative and funny images.  Good luck judges.

I like the oars!