Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• 3-D Arena3-D Arena Posts: 179
    Zev0 said:

Please post logs so we can see if there is anything in common as to why it is not letting you build skins.

How far up the logs do you want? They are pretty huge :-)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited August 2018
    3-D Arena said:
    Nath said:
    Timotheus said:
    Nath said:
    3-D Arena said:

I'm confused, I thought this script would allow me to mix textures: "Create a base skin which utilizes different skin races which can be blended to your liking.", "that blends in skin textures from different races"

However when I use this my base texture doesn't seem to alter in colour, no matter how I set the sliders and the saved textures don't adjust in colour. They do apply the overlays such as veins etc. but they don't change the base texture colours.

I was looking for the blending of textures as my base use for this set.  Is there no way to select which textures you want to blend or to have it actually save a blended texture?

Also, where are the included textures at (I install via the smart content pane)?  I thought I could use them as a starterbase to get a better idea for how it works, but there is no way to start with one of them apparently.

I did read the manual but these questions weren't covered.

Did you press the "Build Skin" button on the skin page of the script?

I am actually having the same issue and opened a support ticket. The base skin tab just doesn't seem to work. I make adjustments and click the "Build Skin" button. I immediately get the popup saying it completed, but there are no changes. I have used Skin Builder 3 for some time now, and it works as expected. I'll try changing the default folder as another poster suggested and see if that makes any difference.

Update: I created a new folder and set that as the Temp FIles path, but Build Skin still doesn't work. There are no files created in the temp folder. When I apply an overlay it works, but it uses the original skin on the figure.

I'm definitely seeing changes (I now have a mossy green Genesis 8), so at least it isn't a general issue. Hope you guys can solve it though.

It will alter the colours if you blend a colour on it, not if you use the skin tint. The screenshot attached shows a quick example (not what I am going for LOL just a test) of what happens if I use the skin base tint option - nothing.  As you can see nothing changes in the preview and if I browse to the temp folder there are no textures there.  I did click to build the skin and after a small wait it said it was complete.

If however I select to "color blend" It will tint the skin, create the maps and alter the preview.

I can't find how or where to use the SB bases as a starting point? Or is that not possible?

Is it possible to blend skins of your own choice, or only the SB8 ones (although that's not working either - though it says "complete")?

I'll happily send the log file, do you want all of it or just the last several lines?

Clear the log first before you launch Skin Builder and then try and build skin, then send me the log.txt

Post edited by Zev0 on

Here's mine. https://www.dropbox.com/s/refncwdw43u0hav/3DA_log.txt?dl=0

I can't attach a .txt file to the forum or in a pm, it also won't paste in without crashing/freezing LOL

It was just a quick and simple tweak, pulled the sliders a bit and added a colour tint.

Thanks

Thank you for looking into it!

• gaiago57gaiago57 Posts: 20
    Zev0 said:

Yes you can.

Perfect, thank you !

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Mine is working fine but I've got a few questions.  I can't find the Close Eye button. Has it been moved?  I hope it's still there. That was really helpful in SB3 when applying eye makeup.  Next, does SB8 work with the separate G8 eyelash and brow object or does it just apply it to the main character, like SB3 does?

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Oops!  I found the Eyes Open/Close button.  It's on the Shadows page.  I think I was looking for it on Liners.

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    Zev0 said:

Please post logs so we can see if there is anything in common as to why it is not letting you build skins.

Here's my entire log file from earlier.

txt
    txt
    2018-08-19-log.txt
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Thank you very much for the discount.  I didnt even look at the description or anything else, just bought it. Hope I have time to play with it soon!

• grinch2901grinch2901 Posts: 1,246

Honestly I was going to pass on this because I have (and frequently use) the G3F version, G8F can work with G3F UVs, and I wasn't exactly sure how this was different.  I kinda wanted it because your stuff is always good but I am judicious with my purchases these days so if the case can be made that I don't need it, I end up not pulling the trigger.  But the extra discount put me over the top and I went ahead and bought it. So in case you wonder if that little extra thank you to prior owners (consider it like upgrade pricing) makes a difference, it does for some people. There's one more sale!

Haven't had a chance to take it for a spin yet, that's the job for tonight!

The base skins are also more even toned in the G8 version.

• Is there an advantage to owning both SB G3 and SB G8 if the G8 version also works on G3? What is the discounted price for SB G8? I was wondering if I bought G3 and then  purchased G8 at the discounted price if it would be roughly around the same price as buying SB G8 by itself? $34.97 vs $26.97 + discounted G8? Thanks.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

Is there an advantage to owning both SB G3 and SB G8 if the G8 version also works on G3? What is the discounted price for SB G8? I was wondering if I bought G3 and then  purchased G8 at the discounted price if it would be roughly around the same price as buying SB G8 by itself? $34.97 vs $26.97 + discounted G8? Thanks.

The discount for owning SB3 has finished I was going to check out this morning but the extra discount has gone and the message is no longer in my account.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    scorpio said:

Is there an advantage to owning both SB G3 and SB G8 if the G8 version also works on G3? What is the discounted price for SB G8? I was wondering if I bought G3 and then  purchased G8 at the discounted price if it would be roughly around the same price as buying SB G8 by itself? $34.97 vs $26.97 + discounted G8? Thanks.

The discount for owning SB3 has finished I was going to check out this morning but the extra discount has gone and the message is no longer in my account.

Same, I was going to buy it today too. It would be nice if these discounts showed an expiry date so that we could budget accordingly. I'd have thought we'd have had a little longer to take advantage of this one.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    scorpio said:

Same, I was going to buy it today too. It would be nice if these discounts showed an expiry date so that we could budget accordingly. I'd have thought we'd have had a little longer to take advantage of this one.

Yep I did mistakenly think it would last at least a week, I can't persuade myself to buy without the extra discount I use SB3 so rarely as it is.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037
    scorpio said:

The good news is, if you have some patience, you get it much cheaper when it is on sale :)

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited August 2018

works great, here is a image I did last night 

53B08945-FD77-4277-ACF0-278AB294A44C.jpeg
    945 x 990 - 756K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for what looks to be another very useful product, and thanks for the discount (bought it last night before the discount ended, sorry for those that missed it).

Guys please make sure you have Studio version 4.9.4.122 or higher otherwise the script will not build skins.
  • FantastArtFantastArt Posts: 224
    scorpio said:

scorpio said:

Yep I did mistakenly think it would last at least a week, I can't persuade myself to buy without the extra discount I use SB3 so rarely as it is.

same here....guess I have to wait for another sale now :-(

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited August 2018

I missed the extra discount?!?!?!  Probably because I am currently broke.

now to wait for it to be non new and on sale again?

edit stupid question can I put a texture I made with SB2 with SB8 and use it for a product for both G3F and G8F?

Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited August 2018

"edit stupid question can I put a texture I made with SB2 with SB8 and use it for a product for both G3F and G8F?"

I'm sure you mean SB3? The hidden rule is, which is not in the merchant resource,

For SkinBuilder 3 you only allowed to sell for Genesis 3 Female characters, but you can include a Genesis 8 character morphs set where the skins are shared, that is allowed. But NO Genesis 8 Female  Standalone character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 3. For SkinBuilder 8, same rule applies, you can include a Genesis 3 Female character morph version, But NO standalone Genesis 3 Female  character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 8. The native figure for the respective Merchant resources must be present. Hope that makes sense.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236
    Zev0 said:

"edit stupid question can I put a texture I made with SB2 with SB8 and use it for a product for both G3F and G8F?"

I'm sure you mean SB3? The hidden rule is, which is not in the merchant resource,

For SkinBuilder 3 you only allowed to sell for Genesis 3 Female characters, but you can include a Genesis 8 character morphs set where the skins are shared, that is allowed. But NO Genesis 8 Female  Standalone character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 3. For SkinBuilder 8, same rule applies, you can include a Genesis 3 Female character morph version, But NO standalone Genesis 3 Female  character is allowed for sale using Skin Builder 8. The native figure for the respective Merchant resources must be present. Hope that makes sense.

So if we own both SB3 and SB8, can we make native characters for both G3F and G8F and sell them together in one product? Or do we need to sell them as separate products? Does it matter?

That is up to you.

• dizzy88dizzy88 Posts: 51

Are the textures & masks (for details/eyebrows/etc.) for this the same as the G3 version, or have they changed?  If they've changed, how different are they?

edited August 2018

Base skins have been changed (More even toned) and some overlay details have also been refined. Brows have not been changed. The main changes are under the hood like the shader and map processing etc.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Guess who just got Skin Builder 8?  Guess who?

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 52

great product as always, but I was hoping for more options with nipples this time

To do nipple swapping that works on all skin tones isn't easy. I am however looking at ways to get that to work. Did not want to include a hit and miss feature.